[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Derp Awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
So you're the King of the Bad Guys. You have Starkiller base and your opponents are the Republic and the Resistance. You attack their respective home planets but you'll have to fire two separate rounds to do it.

Which do you hit first? The R̶e̶b̶e̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶ Resistance or the Republic? Which is the smart strategical choice? The First Order chose the Republic, which bought the heroes enough time fuck them up. Considering they'd lost two Death Stars in less than 40 years to insurgents you'd think they wouldn't underestimate their opposition for a third time in a row, but nooooo.

The more I think about this movie, the more it disappoints me.
>>
>The more I think about this movie, the more it disappoints me.

Got the same feeling
Having the beam suddenly divide itself and hit 5 planets that were so close o eachother has dumb

They went out of their way to mimic RotJ not just storywise but also political
>>
>>64384298
The only dumb thing is not that they built a third Death Star, in fact that actually makes sense. But rather that the Republic, knowing full well that they not only live in a universe where planet-busting technology exists, but also that their enemy possesses direct and immediate knowledge of how to build said weapons, chooses not to construct such weapons to deter future attacks. It's like the Soviet Union being nuked, twice, by the United States and then deliberately choosing not to construct atomic weapons of their owns because...reasons.
>>
>>64384298
The First Order didn't know where the resistance base was though. Don't you remember the part where Finn had to ask BB-8 for the location?
>>
>>64384463
Finn was a foot soldier
>>
No, this is dumb. If they fired at the Republic they would have had an entire fleet descend upon their Superweapon, numerous dropships would attempt Han's maneuver to bypass the shield, and once the shield is bypassed they wouldn't bother with any of that X-wing bullshit, they would bomb the cooling coils from orbit.

The entire ending would be a 5 minute operation, because they're the fucking military with access to superior numbers and firepower.
>>
>>64384499
They find the Resistance by tracking the scout ship that was scanning the Starkiller, which found the Starkiller by back-tracking the trajectory of the giant laser. The first half of that is directly said in dialog, the rest is implied.
>>
>>64384298
They didn't know the Resistance was coming to get them you mongoloid. Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>64384567
Didn't the beam enter hyperspace? how can you track that?
>>
File: 1272558010087.jpg (43 KB, 242x264) Image search: [Google]
1272558010087.jpg
43 KB, 242x264
>>64384639

The same way the rebels could watch from their front lawn as the republic planets were destroyed.
>>
>>64384788
But hyperspace is another dimension, you can't follow ships from hyperspace, it's like they blinked/teleported and appeared somewhere else.
>>
>>64384298
THey literally said the only threat was the Republics large starfleet which was based on the Capital
>>
So the First Order made a perfect Pearl Harbor? this is going to trigger some people once they realize the paralle...
>Americans realizing parallels
...never mind
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.