[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lucas >created an incredibly original and vibrant world that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: Lucas.jpg (2 MB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
2 MB, 1333x2000
Lucas
>created an incredibly original and vibrant world that he continued to push further with each subsequent movie
>Took diverse inspiration, from the samurai films of Kurosawa to the avant garde experimentation of Arthur Lipsett in order to synthesize something new
>Pioneered DV and CGI
>Never heeded the needs of the clueless masses
>A true auteur

JJ Abrams:
>DUDE LET'S REMAKE A NEW HOPE LMAO
>DUDE LET'S JUST FOCUS GROUP TEST THE ENTIRE MOVIE AND MAKE IT AS SAFE AS POSSIBLE SO WE GET AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE

fuck fuck fuck you if you hate on lucas just because some retarded youtube "critics" told you to. history will absolve george.
>>
>>64379287
>>created an incredibly original and vibrant world that he continued to push further with each subsequent movie

HAHAHA you fuckers actually believe this?

No, farm, I hated this fucker since before youtube existed. Youtube launched in 2005, Attack of the Clones came out in 2002.

>Pioneered DV and CGI
No he didn't, ILM did. All he did was force ILM to confirm to his whim in very stupid ways. Like virtual sets. Those were completely unnecessary, and it was just him being fucking lazy. He wanted to cut the shooting schedule down and wanted to move into post production ASAP.

>Never heeded the needs of the clueless masses
Yes he did, he cut Jar Jar's subsequent plot points in episode II and III because of the fanbase backlash.

>A true auteur
People thinks he's an auteur but i think they're confused with autistic fucker. He's a hack, he's been recognized as a hack since Episode II, everyone thought he was off his game with TPM but after Episode II everyone knew he was a hack. Even before then people had read and known "the secret history of star wars", so internet nerds knew how much of an ass he was.

I don't disagree with the Abrams points, but I can hate both Lucas and Abrams for the stupid shit they did in the movies equally.
>>
literally has never been a greater guy

>>64379461
reddit has arrived!!!!
>>
>>64379461
consider suicide
>>
>>64379526
I can't be from reddit, because I think Abrams is a hack and reddit loves Abrams cock. They still think the Abrams Star Trek movies are good.
>>
>>64379557
How do you know so much about what reddit likes?
>>
>>64379553
I don't need to. Lucas is going to off himself once Abrams wins an Oscar. Lucas has never won an Oscar for Star Wars, if Abrams wins one for Star Wars, Lucas will kill himself.
>>
How mature and contrarian
>>
>>64379600
lucas is as cognizant as any patrician that the oscars are a sham.
>>
>>64379580
Because I work with reddit shills. Most vfx artists are reddit shills who go on AMA's trying to suck industry cock to move ahead in their careers.
>>
I thought tfa was best out of all films lol
>>
>>64379287
Yet Lucas makes shit and Abrams doesn't.

He got lucky with Star Wars. Empire and Jedi were made good by real writers and directors.
>>
>>64379287
>LET'S JUST FOCUS GROUP TEST THE ENTIRE MOVIE AND MAKE IT AS SAFE AS POSSIBLE SO WE GET AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE
Sadly this is exactly my thoughts after I saw the film.
>>
>>64379700
This.
Lucas is a great ideas man but is terrible at execution.
>>
Face it Lucas haters, TFA would have been 10 times worse than the prequels if they actually tried to do anything new with the series.

Instead they went with the safest possible approach: they focused almost entirely on building a nostalgia montage
>>
>>64379700
>abrams doesn't

His approach to movie making is so disgustingly mediocre he might as well be making shit.
>>
>>64379700
Lucas has good ideas, but is a shit writer, and a shit director.

Abrams has good direction, good VFX knowledge, but he's shit for ideas. Star Trek I and II were shit and reflects that he can't write for shit. He can't come up with good ideas. He shouldn't have been co-writer. They should've just told him to go sit in a corner while the real writers did the work.
>>
>>64379700
Lucas makes shit and Abrams polishes it
bravo
>>
JJ i a white slaver
>>
>>64379700
JJ is so horribly mediocre that it hurts.
>>
>>64379287
JJ isn't the director. He's an actor hired by the studio, all his movies are made by committee and they need to say someone actually directed it.
>>
>>64379287
>Lucas
Ewoks
JarJar
>>A true auteur
You spelt autist wrong.
>>
>>64379461
Without Lucas ILM wouldn't exist, you reddit fuck
>>
>>64380629
>Without Lucas ILM wouldn't exist, you reddit fuck

LOOOOOOL people actually believe this, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You guys are fucking hilarious. Oh god I can't stop laughing. You guys seriously believe this shit.
>>
>>64380662
Hello reddit
>>
>>64380662
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>64380687
>>64380715
That's all you can respond with, you Jew Jew Lucas shills can't handle the truth.
>>
>>64380747
Go back to reddit, Jew Jew Abrams
>>
>>64380629
>>64380662
It is true in fairness without Lucas there'd be no Star Wars and that was the financial backbone of the birth of Ilm
>>
>>64379287

>JJ Abrams makes a mediocre film
Wow it's like every other film he's ever made.
>>
>>64380833
That is very true, he got the group together, got the money for it and really did get it going. The problem though, is that they survived in spite of Lucas though. He caused a lot of problems for the team, he broke up long time friendships and nearly destroyed the company because of some of his requests, especially during TPM.

Don't get me wrong, Lucas has a lot of creativity when it comes to what he wants visually, but fuck his autism. He can make some perfectly sane people go fucking insane.
>>
>>64379287
He only made two good Star Wars films and both of those were heavy collaborations where he contributed a mass of ideas and other more talented people sorted through them and created a coherent film. Star Wars was a fluke and Empire wasn't directed by him nor was it fully written by him. He has since rewritten his own history to fully claim credit for the original trilogy when it was only about 10-20 percent of his work.
>>
>MI 3
shit, worst in the series
>star trek 09
mediocre but passable
>super 8
shit
>into darkness
shit, worse in the series
>episode 7
rehashed more than all his other derivative movies, barely better than episode 2
>>
>>64381036
This

I am not a Star Trek fan but found Star Trek 09 enjoyable when I watched it.

But it was completely forgettable as it was random action sequences with many lens flares without a deeper meaning or purpose glued together with pop culture references. It was garbage.

Star Trek 09 was full of fan service but not the type you are thinking. I am not a fan of Star Trek but I know Spock. JJ's Star Trek had a lot of Spock and made me feel like I am part of the
"community" without actually being a Trekkie.

This is JJ's greatest trick and this is the same he uses in TFA to make the audience feel smart because "they get" the references. It's a good business tactic and helps to sell the merchandise but it's just pop culture garbage. It really is repulsive when you understand what JJ and Disney are doing.

I don't like to use this characterisation but JJ is Reddit: The Director and TFA is Reddit: The motion picture. Because (like Reddit) it's all about making you feel that you are part of a non existing "community" and "you get" the references and you are "smart"
>>
>>64379287
I can't hate a guy who is his age yet still has such great looking hair.
>>
File: 707606.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
707606.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>64379700
I dont even remember any good moment in JJ movie.

Its just
LOOK FANS IS VADERS MASK SEE?

LOOK FANS IS MILLENIUM FALCON AND SOLO AND CHEWY HAHAHAHA

HAHA LOOK JAKKU ITS ALMOST LIKE TATOIINE AM I RIGHT? :D
>>
>>64380662
if you have nothing to say please don't post
>>
>>64380953
see
>>64382969
>>
>>64379700
Episode 4 is the only good Star Wars movie though
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.