[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you tolerate being a Star Wars fan? There's so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
How can you tolerate being a Star Wars fan? There's so much faggotry and refusal to acknowledge going on.
>>
File: georgie.png (50 KB, 178x200) Image search: [Google]
georgie.png
50 KB, 178x200
to really accept anything fanatically you have to acknowledge the bad, because not doing so makes justifying the good.

I love the prequels. They're funny, and odd and very distinct but I'd never convince someone to watch them based on some ephemeral "critical goodness". In more ways than they are not, they are very bad movies, but I still love them.

I like George Lucas. He's an idealistic, creative guy and also kind of an ass-backwards soft spoken autistic dweeb. Calling Disney 'White Slavers' is fucking crazy when you think about how he tried to avoid being in the public eye for the last fifteen years. He only 'ruined' Star Wars if you genuinely lost the ability to appreciate the things you liked about it in the first place, and that's your fault, not his.

Unfortunately, we're entering this period in culture where media is extremely homogenous, and safe. Everything is carefully manicured to appeal to everyone on some level. It's kind of funny how people gave Georgie shit for whitewashing the Star Wars Universe when TFA is one of the most blatantely engineered and carefully manufactured products ever. So you take the good with the bad, and unfortunately we're entering a period where the bad dominates because artistic integrity or creativity are fucking worthless when you want to make billions of dollars.
>>
>>64318065
Can you give a tl;dr? I don't feel like reading this.
>>
>>64318065
TFA is definitely carefully manufactured, but it's a well-made film with heartfelt performances from the actors and character interaction that feels organic, which is far more than I can say for the prequels, no matter how "distinct" and "full of artistic integrity" they are.
>>
>>64317860
Star Wars is a lot of fun. Try not to take it too seriously, and you'll enjoy it a lot more.
>>
>>64319118
The hate on TFA and the hate on the prequels is all bogus. Star Wars movies are great. Flawed, all of them, but great nonetheless.
>>
>>64317860
>he says, posting a top tier waifu

I'm onto you my fellow star wars fan

Now post more TCW sluts
>>
File: starwarshope2546.jpg (738 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
starwarshope2546.jpg
738 KB, 1920x1080
It's pretty easy if you ignore the bullshit.
>>
>>64319170
I'm bitching about the fandom.
>>
>>64319202
I kind of agree with you on TFA (I enjoyed the hell out of it, flaws and all), but I cannot for the life of me enjoy the prequels. Terrible direction, poor plotting.
>>
What I would give to be a Star Wars fan in 1980.
>>
Why is she holding her lightsaber backwards?
>>
>>64319908
Form V: Shien. Best for blocking blaster shots.
>>
>>64319908
She has 2, one forward and one backwards
>>
>>64319419
>>64319419
Agreed. Can barely make it past 20 minutes into AotC
>>
>>64319958
>>64319984

I know it's a fantasy series, but why not use actual fencing techniques instead of shit that makes no god damn sense?
>>
>>64320065
Because of the force

I mean if you can see your opponent's moves before they hit , and if you have to use your sword to deflect projectiles, and it you aren't allowed to ever touch the blade (it was common to hold a sword by the blade to pummel armoured foes) then it makes sense for the rules to change
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 870x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 870x1200
>>64320065
>>
>>64319419
I kind of feel the same way, but ROTS had its moments. Mainly in the end. But thats pretty much it due to nostalgia and emotions. Plus sheev.
>>
>>64320186
Is that character literally cutting theirself?
>>
>>64320275
People put their hands close to the blade of a lightsaber for cool pose effect a lot.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.