[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about diversity casting for the sole purpose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: diversityhires.png (1 MB, 1304x476) Image search: [Google]
diversityhires.png
1 MB, 1304x476
How do you feel about diversity casting for the sole purpose of diversity /tv/?

Does it help or hinder?

Also do you think the actors realise that a large amount of the reason why they're hired is their skin colour? I would've thought they'd find this offensive right, considering that the whole movement of equality for races goes against this notion.
>>
I believe in best person for the role.

If they are black then so be it.

If they are hired purely because they are black, it cheapens the selection process and the actor who got the role should be ashamed (while swimming in money).
>>
>>64311689

And yes, there should have been white slaves in 12 Years A Slave to keep things equal when it comes to rewriting history to suit minorities.
>>
File: qt.gif (2 MB, 449x500) Image search: [Google]
qt.gif
2 MB, 449x500
>>64311638

Who gives a shit, other actors are casted for the sole purpose of their sex appeal, because they are going to make big money for a studio. God who gives a shit its Hollywood they're making a product they look at the #'s and see whats gonna make them more money with each generation. Fucking retarded polheads think "LE JEWS TRYING TO GENOCIDE THE WHITE RACE" They're wrong though, people aren't that competent. Did you not see those fucking Sony email leaks. People making bank are fucking idiots and can't even form coherent sentences.
>>
It's not as bad as a shoehorned female power fantasy tbf

kills all suspension of disbelief for me
>>
>>64311794
>who gives a shit
people who care about films and want the filmmakers and actors to have a bit of integrity
>>
I don't like it. I say this as a mutt: I can see right trough the new devil's tricks and I am not giving a single shekel. Liberals are just as racist as anyone else and they have the gall to pretend they're better and that they know what's best for us poor uneducated coloreds. I don't care if my cousins get deported, I hope Trump wins just so they get buttmad.
>>
>>64311638
>How do I feel about affirmative action
>How do I feel about woman actress making less that their fellow male actors counterparts even in leading roles
Don't really care desu
>>
>>64311872

The thing no one ever stops to think about is that Republicans stand to lose nothing with an empowered and enfranchised black population

Democrats stand to lose everything in that case
>>
File: kek.png (224 KB, 358x310) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
224 KB, 358x310
>>64311858

>hollywood
>integrity
>>
File: 1407832912935.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1407832912935.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>>64311872
>Tries to act like he's enlightened
>Says he's voting for Trump

Top fucking kek m8
>>
>>64311960
that's part of what's distressing about it, even the mere mention of integrity in film making is regarded as a joke, doesn't that bother anyone? It's like we recognise that hollywood is a shithole and accept it but do literally nothing about it. Is it just fucking film-sense retarded people of the general populace that keep going to see the next capeshit who are responsible?
>>
File: 4026-6009.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
4026-6009.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>64311638
>Also do you think the actors realise that a large amount of the reason why they're hired is their skin colour? I
considering hollywood is 90% white, doesn't this apply to them as well?
>>
>>64311638
Good directors never allow it.
>>
>>64311638
booyega or whatever his name is likeable and B.jordan is good, that fucking poo in the loo though is literally shit, I mean he is most likely a lifeform comprised of shit, jesus imagine having to be anywhere near him, makes my skin crawl, fuck his breath could probably strip paint off the walls.
>>
>>64312061
N-no that doesn't count! America is a white country!
AMERICA IS WHIIIIIIIIIIITE
>>
>>64311967

Who says I'm voting? I hate all the candidates and would rather spend my time shitposting than wasting my time on something that literally has no effect on the outcome.
>>
>>64311638
>I would've thought they'd find this offensive right, considering that the whole movement of equality for races goes against this notion.

They don't care as long as they benefit
>>
>>64312038
It's hard for the masses to ignore the next capeshit with a 200 millions global campaign around it. Disney buying all the critics give an illusion of quality. There's also the faux peer pressure, every media say "turn off your brain" and people do it because they don't want to be that guy who doesn't want to watch the next capeshit
>>
>>64311638
>How do you feel about diversity casting for the sole purpose of diversity /tv/?
They can do this and also cast well, when they start doing them at the same time then I'll probably form an opinion on it.
>>
>>64311638

don't shitpost about the only new character in TFA that actually delivers and is relatable
>>
File: WOOOAHHH.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
WOOOAHHH.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
Hiring a black person to fill a quota is racist in and of itself.
>>
It's stupid. You should cast who best fits the character.
>>
File: dancefloortoreup.webm (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
dancefloortoreup.webm
2 MB, 1440x1080
stay mad whitebois
>>
File: caesar_2242107b[1].jpg (46 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
caesar_2242107b[1].jpg
46 KB, 620x387
If diversity casting wasn't a thing we would have based Patterson Joseph as Brutus.

>You know the credo Caesar: tyranny equals weakness. You're out of the senate
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.