[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Star Wars film and why is it Return of The Jedi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 300x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 300x472
What is the best Star Wars film and why is it Return of The Jedi?
Please refrain from posting Jedi Rocks
>>
>>64242209
The final duel between Vader and Luke was GOAT on every level, especially soundtrack
>>
>>64242209
>sail barge assault
>rancor fight
>space battle
>speeder bike chase
>every luke and sheev scene
>father son scenes
>throne room
>music
>death of vader
>funeral pyre
>ewoks are CUTE

>inb4 Han isn't a scoundrel anymore
He's been through torture, love, and now has a group of people depending on hai leadership so of course his character has to grow up
>>
>>64242209
Return of the Jedi is legitimately second best to Sith. It does do everything very well, Sith just one ups it in its score and space battle mainly.
>>
>>64242363
Only Siths deal in absolutes
>>
>>64242363

You're not serious?
>>
>>64242545
Why would I not be? GOAT soundtrack, GOAT star wars space fight and tons of great scenes including the best in all 7.
>>
>>64242752

The rebel attack on the 2nd Death Star is ten times better space battle than the shitfest in Return of the Sith.

The ROTJ battle has:
- heroes you care about flying cool recognisable ships
- groundbreaking fx
- diverse but clearly identifiable range of iconic spacecraft: you can see at a glance who the bad guys are and who the good guys are
- meaningful tension and consequences - you know this is an all or nothing battle with the highest stakes
- "it's a trap!"
- Lando
- A-wing crashing into Star Destroyer which in turn crashes into Death Star, FUCKING AWESOME

ROTS battle has

- every single frame is so dense, meaningless carnage can't tell who is winning or losing
- no recognisable change in the tide of battle, no consequences
- forced pathetic drama from obi-wan singling out one from thousands of identical clones to rescue, WTF???
- "shoot the centre eye"
>>
metal bikini
>>
>>64243280
The capital ships in RotJ literally do nothing, except the SSD that gets hit by a car size object then burst into flame in space. Its very well done effects for the time, dont get me wrong, and its still the second best space battle in the series, but it in no way holds up to 2 capital ships beating each other to a pulp in Sith, much less all the other fighting in the background.
>>
>>64243280

the whole fucking back and forth between the endor and space battles and the roller coaster of wins and loses with the music changes and shit is just so fucking excellent. Really fantastic climax for the whole series.

I'm taking crazy pills though because my bass friends are shitting on it saying ewoks / c3po as a gold god and way too much smiling for a war movie makes it shit. As if their whole critic is from that family guy special. they truly believe fart awakens is better.
>>
>>64244716
Normies, not even once
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.