[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally a 10/10 until they find the falcon and get off Jakku.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1
Literally a 10/10 until they find the falcon and get off Jakku. Replace the Death Star with another threat, and have the end battle be a draw between Rey and Kylo Ren, and the movie would've been fine.
>>
>>64332419
no fuck that. TFA hate thread go

deleted scene between snoke and ren
“Kylo Ren, I watched the Galactic Empire rise, and then fall. The gullible prattle on about the triumph of truth and justice, of individualism and free will. As if such things were solid and real instead of simple subjective judgments. The historians have it all wrong. It was neither poor strategy nor arrogance that brought down the Empire. You know too well what did.” Ren nodded once. “Sentiment.” “Yes. Such a simple thing. Such a foolish error of judgment. A momentary lapse in an otherwise exemplary life. Had Lord Vader not succumbed to emotion at the crucial moment—had the father killed the son—the Empire would have prevailed. And there would be no threat of Skywalker’s return today.”

WHY CUT THIS
>>
>>64332419
>literally a 10/10 for the first 15 minutes

o i am laffin
>>
>>64332419

It was fine anyway. Movies don't have to be perfect to be enjoyable
>>
>>64332452
A new idea in TFA? What?
>>
>>64332452

This triggers me
>>
>>64332464
They get off the planet at like the 30 minute mark. Everything with the village massacre, Finn's escape, and the world building on Jakku was fucking great.
>>
>>64332419
>Literally a 10/10 until they find the falcon and get off Jakku.
You mean the first 20 minutes before they copied a new hope
>>
>>64332452
You want character development? Too bad have this shaky action scenes.
>>
>>64332452
the should have kept the scene where kylo sits in the cockpit of the millennium falcon
>>
>>64332452
Did Kylo&Snoke watch Return of the Jedi?
>>
>>64332671
yea snoke is plagueis, he was sith ghosting and watching his creation fuck up his work
>>
>>64332452
Probably pacing. Exposition often gets in the way. So either you have to establish that Snoke speaks like that and have longer scenes in his throne room, or it seems out of place in a movie that's this break-neck.
>>
>>64332419
>the plot of the movie is literally finding a dotted line map when you can travel through space in three dimensions
who writes this garbage? there are people who unironically enjoyed this? I want off this ride
>>
>>64332873
We don't know the axis of the dots
>>
>>64332823
cut out the KAANJIKLUB scene and put this in
>>
>>64332823
But TFA has dogshit pacing
>escape from death star 3
>right next to the closet where the disable shields button is located
>>
>>64333102
Man I've got "Tell that to Kanjiklub" stuck in my head. I found it jarring that they said that word so many times in that exchange.
>>
>>64333288
i know its star wars but hot damn kanjiklub doesnt sound like starwars
>>
>>64333319
It sounds like a kid's show on cartoon network

What were they thinking
>>
>>64333288
Best scene in the movie because it felt nothing like Star Wars
>>
>>64332419

I'll admit this movie had an incredibly well-done opening scene. I love how seamlessly they were changing perspectives during the village raid. It made the whole thing feel human.

But then they doubled-down on nostalgia bait, which was something George kept to a minimum. JJ and the rest of Disney could not fucking contain themselves with the throwbacks.
>>
>>64334113
>lucas has the foresight to make the OT references minimum
>only time you see the millenium falcon is a blink and you miss it scene on coruscant
>TFA comes out
>nostalgia everywhere after JJ said no we wont do that

why do people think lucas was so shit again? yea he cant into dialogue but at least he had OC
>>
>>64334113
>which was something George kept to a minimum
Kid Darth Vader built C3PO and fought kid Greedo. JJ's nostalgia bait is just different from George's.
>>
>>64332419

>movies are just the events that happen

Nice pleb opinion you have there
>>
>>64334184
>>lucas has the foresight to make the OT references minimum
Holy fuck this revisionism. The prequel trilogy was chock-full of fan service and OT references, whether it be>>64334191 or the complete unnecessary inclusion of Yoda, R2D2, and Chewbacca, or the fact the two main characters both appear in A New Hope.
>>
>>64332419

>Literally a 10/10 until they find the falcon and get off Jakku

Nah the movie already had huge groaners like "cause it's the right thing to do!!!" in the first 15 minutes.
>>
>>64334204
All of the negative judgment for the film comes from this sort of thinking. They care that plot is similar to A New Hope without taking the film's mise-en-scene, acting, pacing, and overall tone into consideration.
>>
>>64334191

It pretty much ends there though, and that was only meant to establish the origins of key characters. If JJ made the prequels, we'd follow the story of Kid Han Solo or something, and the Trade Federation/Droid Army certainly would not exist.
>>
>>64334232
>"cause it's the right thing to do!!!"
You're a retard. The movie makes fun of that line the second after, when Poe says "you need a pilot." Finn was just bullshitting.
>>
>>64334229
all three movies had less nostalgia than the entirety of TFA and thats a fact. shit TFA was literally nostalgia: the movie
>>
>>64332452

Normies couldn't process such a scene.
>>
>>64332419
end battle should of had Luke turn up and face off Kylo only for the planet to split and have them battle for another time
>>
>>64334271
>It pretty much ends there though,
>entire trilogy about two old characters
>Yoda
>Chewbacca
>R2D2
>the story for TPM identical to the story for ANH
>Boba Fett as a kid
>CGI Tarkin
It goes on
>>
>>64334229
Don't forget Boba Fett's dad and kid Boba
>>
>>64334325
>before the battle of starkiller c3po says r2 has gone missing
>luke descends onto starkiller in an x wing with r2 in the cockpit
>fights ren, implores him to get away from the darkness
>has to cut off rens hands
>planet cracks
>good guys escape
>>
>>64334184
The entire middle of Attack of the Clones is Boba Fett fanwank set to maximum. Not only does he cash in on the most overhyped background character in history, he manages to ruin it by killing his daddy off like a bitch and ruining all the mystery surrounding the character.
>>
>>64334293
It's not a fact. The prequel trilogy recycled its characters, TFA recycles ANH's plot.
>>
>>64334327

>the story for TPM identical to the story for ANH

If by "identical", you mean "they blow something up at the end", then sure. I don't recall anything in ANH or TFA that resembled the planet core or the Podrace.
>>
>>64334385
boba was a secondary character and lucas wanted to flesh him out. was it a bad decision, probably. however it was lucas' vision and he can do what he wants
>>
>>64334425
To be fair, saying TPM had a story is a bit of a stretch

>>64334435
Lucas only fleshed him out because he was so popular, not because he wanted to
>>
>>64334425
>young kid taken from Tatooine in order to train as a Jedi blows the enemy structure up to save the day and receive an award in a large ceremony at the end
>>
>>64334325
>>64334384
That makes no fucking sense, there's no way someone as passive as Luke would fight his own nephew and disciple. If anything they'll just talk and/or Kylo will try to kill Luke.

I don't know why people are complaining about OT references and then saying it would be better for something like Luke fighting Kylo Ren which is completely out of character and would happen only for OT fanservice.
>>
>>64334435
Not anymore!
>>
>>64334502
Yeah I remember when a kid from a desert planet blew up a giant weapon of mass destruction and received a medal.

Except this time a guy who was born on a forest moon blew it up while the kid from the desert planet was busy confronting her possible cousin turned arch enemy.
>>
>>64334533
I'm not saying that TFA doesn't also copy A New Hope. It quite obviously does.
>>
>>64334502

All that happened sure, but he wasn't the main character. The whole thing was told through the perspective of the two Jedi, and even more was going on in the plot than in ANH or TFA.
>>
>>64334602
It makes homage to it, but it's not even close to being an exact copy. The story begins with a teenager who has to leave a desert planet. The story ends with a massive space battle station being destroyed. What happens in between and the nature of these events is quite different.
>>
>>64334618
Really, because I don't remember there being much of a perspective at all
>>
>>64334667
The Force Awakens does a similar remix, with the Luke substitute not being responsible for blowing the structure up, not ending with an award ceremony, Luke not having a family, etc. And it does this with a completely new character.

Look, I get the complaint that TFA copies ANH, but implying that the prequel trilogy is some sort of paragon of originality by comparison is bullshit.
>>
>>64334766
ANH compiles a lot of pop culture mythos but TFA is a lazy rip off of ANH.

There is big difference there.
>>
>>64334887
I'm comparing TPM to TFA in terms of originality. I still think that ANH is the best film in the series by far.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.