[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make Star Wars Great Again 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
ITT how to fix Star Wars Episode VII

>Do NOT cast Crackhead Fisher
Holy hell what was wrong with her faaaaaace, and her voice? I was cringing at the sight of her which leads me to my next point

>Leia is dead canonically, this somehow ties into why Han is still being a space smuggler/dropped his life as a general and family man and why Kylo has turned to the Dark Side
This is POTTERY but Kylo could have been seduced by Snoke the same way Anakin was by Sheev. Snoke then had him turn on Luke's order

>Do not seperate Finn and Poe after the crash on Jakku
Seriously what the fuck? Poe and Finn had great chemistry akin to Luke and Han in ANH then he just disappears, and comes back at the end of the film.

>Give Rey actual character traits instead of just being good at EVERYTHING
The scene where she hallucinates after grabbing Luke's old light saber was good, she should have been suffering from Force visions the entire film, more of a brooding and disturbed person who is a lonely hermit on Jakku and clearly gifted in the Force like Anakin.

>Get rid of Starkiller base and that god awful Nazi rally scene and make the hunt for Luke even more the primary focus
Rey gets captured after the cantina scene. Kylo gets the map from her brain. The rivalry between Hux and Kylo was good and this is a chance to reverse the outcome of Kylo looking like a fuckup. Rey gets rescued by Han, Poe, Chewy, and Finn who stage an assault on the carrier. She doesn't become all god like with the Force in 2 minutes. That was retarded
>>
>>64177866
>Everyone reaches Luke at the same time
Luke and Han reunite because needed to happen they were bros. Han tells Luke he must confront Kylo because he believes he can turn him back. He confronts Kylo. This is where he first takes off his mask and first shows his vulnerability. Disney blew their load too soon by making Rey awesome (Mary Sue) and showing Kylo's conflict too early.

Theres a huge battle the with the resistance and the First Order on Lukes planet

Finn and Rey fight Kylo like they would have at Starkiller base but instead at the planet Luke is on, Finn gets rekt, Rey does better against Kylo, but still gets rekt, Luke Fights Kylo and beats him. He narrowly escapes death by rescue from Hux and his men on orders from Snoke.

The ending would have Finn in a coma; Poe is one of the few survivors of the battle the resistance is weakened heavily. Luke and Rey and Chewy are at Hans funeral. in the film barely anyone acknowledged his death it felt so weak.

Rey could be a darker chatacter that eventually turns evil, she is turned by a promise from Snoke that he can find her real family or some shit. Kylo turns to the lightside after realizing he cannot become as powerful as Vader.
>>
>>64177866
Bring Lucas back and don't care about the reddit audience.
>>
>>64177949
Maybe bring him back as an ideas guy like he was in the original trilogy.
>>
>shameless bump
>>
File: nazi approve.gif (504 KB, 678x278) Image search: [Google]
nazi approve.gif
504 KB, 678x278
>>64177866
>make Finn the jedi
>have phasma going TRAITOR on Finn,blocking hans shot but still flipping in the background
>develop the republic before blowing it up
>Rey mindtrick doesnt work she saved by hans solo
>Rey put phasma in the garbage setting up their rivality
>instead of a starkiller just have Hux showing off the new and original ships ready to go after Luke
>develop Poe while hes fighting againts said ships and set his rivality againts Hux
>Luke shot doesnt have that retarded helicopter moment
>>
>>64178231
>HE IS THE TRAITOR AAAAAAAAAAHHH
>>
>>64177906
Luke was hanging out on the scottish mountains because he was force levitating han from starkiller to scottland. His daughter suprised him and han suffocated in the vaccum of space
>>
File: 1352080417273.jpg (301 KB, 720x687) Image search: [Google]
1352080417273.jpg
301 KB, 720x687
>>64178361
>>
>>64178231
also
>remove KANJAKLUB
>turn Maz cantina into an antique shop inside a busted pirate ship.
>>
>>64178431
This would have been better, there were too many HEY LOOK THIS IS LIKE A NEW HOPE HAHA REMEMBER HOW GREAT THAT MOVIE WAS??? moments.
>>
I like your ideas.
>>
>see movie for the first time an hour ago
>thought it was awful
>come on to /tv/ for the first time in a month
>see this thread
>suddenly doesn't seem so bad
Also, you guys are fucking retarded. Finn was literally the only good thing in that piece of shit and his actor did a good job turning a garbage script into nothing.
Your hatred of him is completely retarded.
>>
>>64181592
>Your hatred of him
the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>64177906
>Kylo turns to the lightside after realizing he cannot become as powerful as Vader.
nah
kylo watches snoke convert/manipulate rey and realizes thats what snoke did to him. kylo will monologue/confess that the only reason he listened to snoke was because he was self conscious about living in his family's shadow, so he joined the dark side in an attempt to be the most powerful force user ever.

rey will want power and revenge over some bullshit about her parents so she will listen to snoke on how to get power to kill them or whatever
>>
Show the last moments of that lady who died while stuffed down a garbage chute.
>>
File: MuhShip.gif (101 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
MuhShip.gif
101 KB, 640x400
Serious question: Was this scene a reference to another movie?

Cuz when I saw it happen, and later learn Finn was literally a black Roger Wilco, I didn't know how to feel.
>>
Should have just started the film at Rey, shown her in her little WWII flight sim, then worked out to the others.
>>
No tonfa trooper out of fucking nowhere just to make Finn look like a bitch.

The movie did everything in its power to completely emasculate him at the end. He certainly didn't need any of that shit leading up to it.
>>
You cant fix it

the tone of the movie was far too comedic and lighthearted. I know the originals were peppered with comedic moments but when every second line of dialog is some kind of snappy reddit zinger and your main villian has a slapstick comedy bit you have gone too far

also the movie lost the gritty star wars aesthetic. it felt too ''clean'' . the actors also lost their sense of realism in favour of overacted melodrama
>>
So glad /tv/ doesn't write screenplays.
>>
>>64182645
>You cant fix it

If you take out the phasma scene it's basically what Star Wars has always been save for a villain that has time to develop.

>the tone of the movie was far too comedic and lighthearted. I know the originals were peppered with comedic moments but when every second line of dialog is some kind of snappy reddit zinger and your main villian has a slapstick comedy bit you have gone too far

Original star wars traits, just more relatable to your time so you can see it better

>so the movie lost the gritty star wars aesthetic. it felt too ''clean''

One of the best aspects of the movie, save for sweating black man.

>>64182548
TR8R is a fucking god and between him and Hux the First Order was somewhat salvaged

>wah my finn cucking

He literally had no reason to stay past where he threatened to leave aside from being pussy whipped. With no pussy ever having been obtained.

Literally.
>>
Poe and Finn's bromance was unearned. After the crash, Poe should have turned on Finn and been like "I don't trust you, and I'm here to do a mission" and then there's some actual conflict between the two. Then at the end they can become bros, after Finn proves his allegiance to the Resistance.

My main gripe is just that the film was so rushed! Nothing feels earned, nothing feels like it developed realistically and meaningfully. Oh well. At least Rian is better than JJ.
>>
>>64177866
>Get rid Starkiller base

This. It was pointed out in another thread that the whole movie essentially happened in one day. It was just plain stupid for soo much to occur in such a short time. The last 30 minutes were the plots for episode 4 and 6.
>>
>>64177866
Use stuff from the expanding universe
I don't care what anybody says, I would like to see a battle with starkiller in it
>>
>>64183719

Haven't seen it, but is Finn just accepted right away after switching sides? No worrying about him being a spy or something?
>>
>>64183841
He pulls Poe into a little opening in a hallway on the First Order ship Finalizer and tells him he's breaking him out. Poe asks "why are you helping me?" just once and then once Finn gives a bullshit reply Poe realizes Finn needs a pilot to leave the ship himself (somehow he just knew).

It's stupid. Poe certainly shouldn't have trusted a stormtrooper so willingly.
>>
>>64183841
He just becomes the good guy and everyone accepts him. No progression.
>>
File: Anna.png (303 KB, 295x347) Image search: [Google]
Anna.png
303 KB, 295x347
chewie dies
>>
>main character is a nigger and a unattractive womyn both who can't act for this and have zero experience
wew I wonder why it sucked
>>
>>64183961

I don't think Poe had a choice but to trust him.

He knew that was his best shot to get out of there.
>>
>>64178231
>>make Finn the jedi
What makes you think he isn't a Jedi?
>>
Release an extended cut making me care about the new republic and the planets they blew up. At least the destruction of Alderaan had some emotion behind it.
>>
>>64182239
That's good, Kylo sees how he was manipulated and gets a different outlook
>>
>>64178231
>Rey mindtrick doesnt work she saved by hans solo

>saved by a man

that shit doesn't work! you can't have that now! remember when all those feminists got mad that black widow got saved?
>>
>>64183719
>Poe turns on him

Actually a good idea desu.

It felt so rushed, the brief scene about taking down Starkiller base was ridiculous
>>
>>64183978
I actually thought mazz kawhatever was going to say

>those are the eyes of a Stormtrooper

Then everyone would turn on him and he'd either have to run away or prove his allegiance in battle or something
>>
File: a good friend.jpg (34 KB, 546x408) Image search: [Google]
a good friend.jpg
34 KB, 546x408
my big problem with it was that everything is just rushed as shit

there is absolutely 0 character progression of any real sort. rey learns about the force and now she can mind trick. finn spends about five minutes with poe and they are best friends. rey and finn almost immediately become friends, and rey doesn't even give a shit that he lied and is a storm trooper. Rey has 0 flaws and just floats about the movie being great at everything and liked by everyone immediately

nothing feels organic and nothing is earned. Luke's development over the OT is one of the best parts of it (same with Han, him coming back to help luke during the deathstar fight is fantastic and him risking his life on hoth to go find luke is also great)

I don't care about or have any attachment to any of the new characters. waifufags here like rey because she's pretty, no other reason. Pretty much the only character traits of both finn and poe are "snarky/quipy"

there is also far too much "Really?"/ convenience in the movie. everything is rushed and shallow, the movie needs a complete restructuring
>>
>>64185159
Harrison actually managed to pull off a, you're a huge cunt and probably a feminist but I'm begrudgingly being nice because I'm at work right now feeling toward Rey. Which fit rather well.
>>
>>64185159
>>64184800
These
>>
>>64185285
han liked rey almost immediately, plus they just had to have shit like "i bypassed the compressor!" just to make him like her

like he met her and offered her a job a couple hours later, and also gave her one of his guns
>>
>>64177866
It's one of those films where they finish making it, look at it...

... and decide to redo everything from scratch.

>But they didn't
>>
>>64185353
it just really needed completely redone editing/more runtime

also probably needed a redone script in a lot of places. or hell, just completely scrap the script, because jesus fuck man. why are we doing all this hit over again
>>
File: 1445540553330.png (553 KB, 634x709) Image search: [Google]
1445540553330.png
553 KB, 634x709
> Don't rush shit
> Stop rushing shit
> Phasma being held hostage was retarded, replace with a regular trooper
> If Rey can do all this shit with no apparent development, at least make her turn out to be the one who fucked Luke's Jedi school but was memory-wiped to not remember
> Get rid of the fucking Death Star gimmick, make Starkiller Base an actual ground-based warzone that doesn't involve WMDs; a reverse battle of Hoth, if you will
> As the trilogy progresses, make Chewie more and more aggressive
> Tone down the poor attempts at humor Fin keeps doing
> Don't call them the "Resistance", if they're the military wing of the Republic, call them that
>>
>>64185342
He likes her because she's his niece.
>>
>>64185342
It felt forced is what I'm saying, imagine Han HAD to do all that stuff and maybe you'll see what I mean
>>
>Leia shouldn't be in it because I think the actress is ugly now
Jesus christ, man
>>
>>64185467
Shes all washed up from crack

Do you think the actual Leia would look and sound that fucked up? No shes royalty and a respected general she doesn't look the part anymore.

Would you cast a landwhale as young Leia?
>>
>>64185453
well sure but that's not an real reason in TFA as a movie on its own, if you know what I mean

>>64185446
>at least make her turn out to be the one who fucked Luke's Jedi school but was memory-wiped to not remember

but she was like four when she was left on Jakku?

did she get mindwiped and then made to think she was left on jakku when she was young? did luke or whoever implant her with memories of the supposed lifetime she lived on Jakku then?

all that sounds convoluted as fuck.

>Don't call them the "Resistance", if they're the military wing of the Republic, call them that

they aren't the military wing, that's the point of the resistance. they're a secretly backed separate group that leia made to keep an eye on the order, as the new republic and the order had some kind of treaty

agree with the rest of your post
>>
>>64185486

members of royalty typically do piles of cocaine
>>
>>64185486
she looks like someone who's been engaged in a military conflict for the last 30 years.
>>
>>64185541
Lol then why leave that out of the movie? (Reason for resistance)

That seems like an important piece of information
>>
>>64187142
I think something was said about it in the title screen?

also hux's speech on the nazi base said something about the republic lying/hiding the LOATHSOME resistence

but yea "why leave that out it seems like important information" pretty much sums up most of TFA
>>
Movie needed some re-editing.

Time taken between Poe disappearing and reappearing should've been shortened. Maybe remove the whole scene of Han's smuggler ship w/ monsters.

Starkiller should not have been revealed until the destruction of the planets. And don't bother showing the people on the planet. Show more ships in orbit getting destroyed instead.

Maz is terrible. Too much of snoke was shown and the heroes should have no knowledge of him. All the cgi characters were pitiful.
>>
>>64178231
too many rivalries
>>
>>64177866
>Leia is dead canonically
No she it not. I don't remember her dying in the 6th episode.
>>
>>64187685
>reading comprehension
>>
>>64187865
What
>>
>>64182645
What was Kylo's slapstick moment?
>>
>>64189402
when the stormtroopers see him having a sith tantrum and they turn around and walk away
>>
>>64189607
That's not slapstick. It's not physical comedy in any sense.
>>
Make the first order the new rebel alliance on a daring commando mission to recover decommissioned imperial ships and a super weapon.
>>
The Jedi who betrayed Luke and slaughtered everyone at the academy wasn't Kylo.

It was Rey.
>>
>>64185541
>they aren't the military wing, that's the point of the resistance. they're a secretly backed separate group that leia made to keep an eye on the order, as the new republic and the order had some kind of treaty

This is fucking stupid though

The New Republic is founded by the Rebellion (AKA people who are willing to fight) and shouldn't be a bunch of disarmed pussy space progressives

The old canon saw the New Republic going around seizing old Imperial tech and vessels, and convincing anti-Imperial systems to join them. They became a force on the scale of the Empire in their own right, but with democracy and all that.

Getting rid of that is just an excuse to use the word "resistance" because millennial OWS type faggots eat that shit up

>we want the Bernie Sanders audience
>>
>>64183719

>nothing feels earned

this is so clear with how all the characters suddenly trust each other and are best friends with each other within 5 mins of meeting

all the motivations are way off. in A New Hope they blow up Alderaan to get the rebel plans and put leverage on Leia. here they blow up a shitload of planets (with zero real consequences shown at all) for basically no reason. what kind of group that believes in order just executes random planets like that? how the fuck does anybody even support the first order after that? everybody should be leaving like Finn, given that they're ran by a child and a 30 year old ginger with no military experience.
>>
>>64177866
I just saw the movie yesterday. Decent 6/10. It was fun, but the fact that I was watching a nearly beat-for-beat remake of IV never escaped me.

>Star Destroyer 3.0
This made me legitimately mad, this was the laziest piece of rehashed trash I've ever seen in film. It's was just fucking embarrassing

The biggest thing I would change is having more character development and banter. I felt like the first hour of the movie was just chase scene after action scene after chase scene. Just too exhausting and I didn't really care about any of the characters by the time they arrive at that bar.

>Rey is too perfect
Very much so. There was literally nothing she couldn't do. In the end, it just hurt her character since the others around her actually had strengths and flaws.

I honestly thought Kylo Ren was the highlight of the movie. He really reminds me of what Anakin should have been like in the prequel trilogy.
>>
>>64178231

I just don't get the point of the starkiller base.

Just have the First Order build a fuck off huge fleet instead.
>>
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rule_of_Two

How the fuck is this even supposed to make any sense?

This is the equivalent of a two man political party taking over a country with no outside support whatsoever
>>
>>64181592

Finn was actually pretty good, although I would have liked one more scene of him as a stormtrooper before he abandoned them.

It's Rey who was a terrible terrible character.
>>
>>64182239
>evil, brooding, dark side Rey looking for revenge
This had better happen. It would redeem any problems with her Mary Sueishness
>>
it felt like the magical adventures of fan fiction Sue and her new best friend the Legendary Han Solo who is at least 30 years too old to be doing any of the stuff that he is still, yet again, doing
>>
>>64190519
Also if Luke would have chosen the dark side and became vader's apprentice, would Vader have to kill sheev to maintain the rule of two?

What the fuck this is so retarded smdh
>>
>>64190519
"Recognizing that it was Sith greed and in-fighting that led to their destruction, Bane created the rule so the Sith could operate in secret"

just read it you nigger
>>
I wished Fin was just a secret agent. Princess Leia was practically kissing his ass while making the assumption he was in no way a bad guy. He could of just Allah Awakbahed everyone.

Why did they just make it like a remake? I thought when they made the plan about shooting exhaust ports someone would chime in about how that plan wouldn't work and is silly but lo and behold they do th same thing they've done twice and it works easilly.

Also, imagine how surprisingly cool it would of been if Kylo actually listened to Han and Rey was delivered to Snoke to be the new sith apprentice. This would of spun everyone out but NAW MAN LETS JUST DO THE OBVIOUS EASY SHIT
>>
>>64182548
Traitor!
>>
>>64190761
BANE?
>>
>>64190765
Poe Dameron and Han Solo vouched for him.
>>
>>64177906
>Han's funeral
No body, no funeral pyre.
>>
>>64190761
>>64190761
Yeah and? How does that disprove what i said? It still says that there can only be two siths at any given time, which is retarded
>>
>Rey becomes corrupted by the dark side.
>Ruining a female lead by showing this level of weakness.

4chan won't stop.
>>
>>64190834

That's retarded that they did
>>
A New Hope had the benefit of respected classy actors in Guinness and Cushing to balance out the freshness of the younger cast, TFA had a disinterested Ford and crackwhore Fisher to balance out the younger cast
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.