[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Never used a lightsaber before >Beats the Grandson of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9
File: Daisy-Ridley.jpg (22 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Daisy-Ridley.jpg
22 KB, 615x409
>Never used a lightsaber before
>Beats the Grandson of Anakin who's been training his whole life
I don't care if he was injured. Fucking Vader only fought with 1 hand anyways
>>
>>64155796
Him being Injured means nothing. Vader was essentially burnt to a crisp and remained so for the rest of his life. Vader was always in pain and yet it made him strong. Kylo was defanged so that the Character Rey could be Disney's new Power Princess. From the get go Rey was going the impossible far too easy and it got annoying real fast. by the end, and her defeat of Ren, I had enough of star wars, forever.

95% and a gazillion dollars means nothing. if memory serves, The Phantom Menace had about the same thing, and we all know how that worked out.

And lastly, Ren used the two most OP abilities ever, Force Freeze and Interrogative Telepathy...until, that is, Mary Sue Rey came along.
>>
>>64155796
Le stronk independant women xDD
>>
>>64155796
>Never used a lightsaber before
how do you know that ?
>Grandson of Anakin who's been training his whole life
how do you know that ?
>>
>>64156031
At least try to bait
>>
The Sue > The Force

Lunatics that believe bacteria give them superpowers BTFO
>>
>>64156048
not a bait
respond to my questions retard
>>
>>64156111
>not a bait
how do you know that ?
>>
>>64155796
>Beats the Grandson of Anakin who's been training his whole life
Training force. For all we known, Luke might have even stopped training light saber. Yoda didn't teach it to him, after all.
>>
>>64156048

answer that anon then

(you don't)
>>
>>64155965
Vader was a powerful, relatively nimble and agile cyborg in the OT. Not the same thing as having a fresh stomach blaster wound
>>
>>64156132
backpedaling much?
>>
>>64156111
>Grandson of Anakin who's been training his whole life
>how do you know that ?
>Literally "give me the strenght grandfather"
>Son of Leia

How much of a fucking idiot can you be? At least watch the movie before shitposting.
>>
>>64155796
Are you the same type of memester who thinks that sufficient training makes you invulnerable in close combat?

There's always a risk in hand to hand combat of being injured.
>>
Barring prequels which are NOT CANON its never said anywhere you need training to be a jedi you just need to awaken to force

deal with it nerd
>>
>>64156168
the question is how do you know that he has been training his whole life
>>
>>64156188
what the fuck why even have jedi masters and apprentices if you don't need training
>>
>muh powerlevels

Stop.
>>
>>64155796
>rey fought with a staff her entire life
>Kylo was just shot by a chewie's bowcaster
>>
>>64156166
>backpedaling much?
how do you know that ?
>>
>>64156233

Padawans and other shit is PT bullcrap.

Yoda trained Luke for like a week.
>>
>>64156209

The son of Leia Organa and Han Solo, Ben was sent to study alongside other Jedi students at a young age, being instructed and led by his uncle Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kylo_Ren

But... How do I know?
>>
>>64156188
what about Yoda training Luke? and when Luke said he was going to Dagobah to complete his training? and when Obi-Wan talks about Training Annakin?
>>
Chewey's crossbow blaster literally blows people away sending them flying.

Kylo ren takes a direct gut shot from that blaster.

He's pretty fucking hampered in that fight.
>>
>>64156168
Not the grandson part you fucking inbecil retard
It was stated in the goddamn movie that his training is not finished yet
Also it was shown multiple fucking times that this guy is an unstable oversensitive kid and breaks under pressure
I can't tell if you are just playing the retard or you are really retarded
We all know JJ is not a king of subtle things and most these fucking things you morons are complaining about were explained multiple times
Yet you severly retarded kids unable process any of these troublesome information
>>
File: 1380336763001.jpg (27 KB, 256x257) Image search: [Google]
1380336763001.jpg
27 KB, 256x257
how the fuck did they find lukes blue lightsaber?
>>
>>64156413
>Inbecil

kekd
>>
>>64155965
I'm usually on board with /tv/'s attitude to strong female characters but this time it's just ridiculous, to be quite honest.
>>
>>64156385
he's also dealing with the mental injury of just having killed his father which he was extremely conflicted about.

Also you people are assuming that Rey is just some run of the mill force user, you fucking know for a fact that they are going to reveal that she is some sort of chosen one like anakin was and someone will say they have never sensed the force as strongly in her as any other jedi ever or some shit.
>>
File: TR8R.gif (232 KB, 321x504) Image search: [Google]
TR8R.gif
232 KB, 321x504
>Complains about how Jedi isn't at 100% effectiveness after getting shot in the stomach with the SW equalivent of an anti-materiel rifle

Are you retarded? The guy is portrayed as powerful throughout the entire movie, he can paralyze people with the force, and stop blasts in mid air. We've never seen this in canon.

He expected to gain even more power with the dark side after killing his father, but he didn't. Instead, he got a bolt to the stomach (which sent a fully-armoured stormtrooper flying, and smashed his armour plating).

After that, he has to use a lot of his power to keep going, but is still well enough to fight Finn. He gets wounded further, but eventually defeats him. In the final fight, he's suffered severe wounds, but can still hold a sabre let alone fight for a few minutes. More and more of his power is needed to keep upright, so it's no surprise that he loses. Rey is untrained with a sabre, but has extensive experience with a staff, and she fights like she's wielding one.

Fucking logic, how does it work?
>>
>>64156413
you seem upset, did your stormtrooper outfit failed at the premiere you 40 year old child ?
>>
>>64156534
Luke was never trained in using a lightsaber either. Yoda kept telling him to forget about it during his training. Yet he bests Darth Vader, the greatest jedi who ever lived.
>>
>>64156546
try again
>>
>>64156546
how do you know that ?
>>
>>64156546
what does it mean to have one's stormtrooper outfit failed?
>>
Force sensitive people can use the force to do crazy shit when they are put in extreme circumstances. Obi Wan barely taught Luke anything in new hope except "feel the force flowing through you", and Luke is able to use the force to guide the missile better than a targeting computer despite learning that the force existed a few days before.

Rey did the same thing with the jedi mind trick. Also remember it took her 3 tries and she had to concentrate REALLY hard in order to do it, wheras every other jedi we have ever seen do it does it with a quick wave of the hand and zero effort.
>>
>>64156158
Vader was an open wound who was burned all over his body thanks to fire that erupted from Lava.

>>64156486
Rey was unbelievably strong and gifted for no reason.
>>
>>64156785
>Rey was unbelievably strong and gifted for no reason.
You are kidding yourself if you don't think she is from the same bloodline as Luke and Anakin
>>
File: 1445370519612.png (62 KB, 214x236) Image search: [Google]
1445370519612.png
62 KB, 214x236
Just came from the cinema.

Why was Kylo punching himself in the fight against Ren? To keep blood pumping to his injured limb? or because of some shitty POTTERY symbolism of repentance for killing Han?
>>
>>64156623
FRAKK OFF, mary sue Rey learned of Jedi, and force and beat an active force user in hours.

Luke fought vader and lost, spent upward to a year perfecting and honing his skill and fought him again. Even Vader commented him on his new found accomplishment in making the harder to make, green saber, and his abilities that were in the force, stronger than they were.

Luke trained for a year post getting his shit pushed in by Vader in Empire. REY within hours of learning about the force, best an active force user who used two powerful force abilities.
>>
They hinted really strongly that Rey is one of the people Luke was training before Kylo Ren killed everyone. Luke probably did something to suppress her memory so she would forget her training and wouldn't be a target of the New Order.
>>
>>64156887
>said force user was previously shot in the stomach with an anti-materiel rifle and various wounds after the first sabre duel.
>Most of his power is focused on keeping upright

>Rey is probably unearthing previous training in the force that she received before having her mind wiped and dumped on Jakku.
>While Rey has no experience with sabres, she has extensive experience with staffs and fights like she's wielding her staff.

I don't understand how Rey's victory is so hard to believe.
>>
>has a staff she's been using for a while, perhaps years
>is shown beating up multiple people, such as Finn, and one time beating up multiple opponents at once
>local junker allows Rey to take the droid he found with little fuss, most likely because Rey could fucking murder him easily and he doesn't want to deal with that shit for a dumb droid
Rey is more than able to defend herself, she's probably been doing that all her life. Plus she fights with a staff, not too different than using a saber.
>>
>>64156781
The force didn't guide shit. he used the force to time when the hole would be in range so he could fire. the force didn't guide shit. the targeting computer wasn't accurate enough so OBI WAN told him to use the force which told him when to fire. the force never held those missiles and put them in the hole. stop lying out of your ass.

Rey beat a force master who could force freeze and use the force to interrogate people. two of the strongest abilities ever seen. Vader could not stop bolts using force freeze nor could he use the force to interrogate people for he had to use interrogation droids on Leia and Han. Rey, within hours of learning of the force, pull a saber towards her, and defeat Ren's force telepathy, and don't get me started on the final fight.
>>
>>64156843
He hit his wound to make it hurt.
Pain fuels his anger.
Anger fuels his power.
It's a basic Sith power up move, self harm.
>>
>>64155965
>Force Freeze and Interrogative Telepathy...until, that is, Mary Sue Rey came along.
Actually he used them both on her.
>>
>>64157057

Luke witnessed Yoda pulling the x wing from the water. Against Vader, an open wound who was still burnt all over his body and would have been in constant agony for all of us life post his injuries, promptly pushed Luke's shit in. Were it Rey though, she would have beaten Vader, the emperor and crushed the second death star wtih the force because she believed.

>>64157103
Now imagine Vader, who was burned all over.
>>
>>64157143
Yeah, and then she mary sued her way out of force telepathy.
>>
File: 1325653437708.jpg (24 KB, 698x672) Image search: [Google]
1325653437708.jpg
24 KB, 698x672
>Kylo only has a weak connection to the dark side
>Needs to pray to his grandpa's mask to help him resist being good
>Hesitates to kill his dad he supposedly hates
>Only kills Han to make himself deeper into evil
>Keeps hitting his own wounds to make himself angry, despite the fact he has every reason to be pissing lava
He's a pampered fuccboi whereas Rey is has lived a hard life. The force was always about hard, humble and honest living and acting. Rey is fighting for survival and a cause she really believes which makes her more powerful than Kylo.

Can't believe Star Wars is too complicated for actual adults.
>>
File: file.png (201 KB, 713x860) Image search: [Google]
file.png
201 KB, 713x860
kek
>>
>>64157202
But he did use them on her.
>>
>>64157207
12,163 votes was an ok character, better than expected.
>>
>>64157225
And Vader used the force to beat the living shit out of luke with everything in the room. Luke seeing Yoda lift his x wing did frakk all when Vader was beating him with everything that was around them. Were it Rey though......
>>
>>64156887
leaving out the part how kylo was literally mortally wounded.
>>
>>64156986
I hope this is the case in the next movie and /tv/ just gets BTFO
>>
>>64157205
REN was such a pathetic edgy ne'er-do-well that he used two of the most Over Powered Force abilities ever, force freeze and force telepathy. one of which mary sue Rey stole thanks to her impenetrable plot armor.
>>
>>64157326
And Vader, is one open wound with all of his flesh save for the bit around his eyes and nose, burnt to a crisp...your point?
>>
If Rey was a man no one would be complaining
>>
>>64155796
so will there be some Jason Bourne type twist in the next movie?
>>
>>64155796
>implying Kylo wasn't trained wrong deliberately so he couldn't betray Snoke even if he wanted to
Also, the dude was a giant dissapointment. At first, he got hit by a single blaster firing at him. And then, he had trouble fighting Space Dindu despite the fact that the latter wasn't even force sensitive. And after that, he lost to an untrained girl who never hold a lightsaber in her hands and her only training in the force was basically telling her that it really existed.
>>
>>64157207
everyone votespam based isaac
http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/star-wars-poll/
>>
>>64156986
So she learned and mastered all of these skills when she was a little kid. She would have to be, because she was a kid when she was left on Jakku

That sounds like a mary sue
>>
File: 1436422033101.jpg (677 KB, 1813x1201) Image search: [Google]
1436422033101.jpg
677 KB, 1813x1201
>>64157207
>Most people voted on the new main character of the series
>implying this isn't surprising.

Replace Poe with Finn, and you'll get my list. Even then, Finn was much better than I hoped he would be. I also liked General Hux, that speech was pretty damn good.
>>
>>64157410
That's bullshit. Amazingly, I can't think of one Male hero that was ever as Mary Sued as Rey was. Assholes compares this mary sue to luke, and james bond and ethan hunt but all of those guys earned their awesomeness.

rey was a scavenger one day and within another day, an unbeatable hero. it makes no sense at all.

that's as if james bond was a garbage man one day and an international man of mystery by the following day.

and then people be like,

>"when James Bond was four, he trained with British SAS and stuff and learned several languages and stuff, and then he was dropped off at a sewage treatment facility and from then on, was a garbage man."
>>
>>64157399
These 2 things have nothing in common you fucking idiot
Vader was in a bad shape but he wasn't dying he was kept alive by machines
Kylo was basically bleeding out,dying
>>
>>64157548
She wasn't an unbeatable hero. All she did was manage to get one hit in on kylo ren. That's all she did. It wasn't even her who destroyed starkiller base
>>
Belief in the Force>midichlorian power level Bullshit
>>
>>64157548
>implying there aren't way worse male heroes like harry potter who beat the most powerful villain in the world when he was a baby
>>
>>64156486
>I'm usually on board with /tv/'s attitude to strong female characters but this time I'm going to defend Mary Sue like the cuck faggot I am
>>
>>64157207
>All those votes for Rey
fucking unbelievable. I was annoyed at first because I thought Finn was just an affirmative action hire, considering JJ is a jew who admitted a mostly white cast OFFENDS HIM, and there was a white guy casted in the role already.

But he 10x better than MaRey Sue
>>
>>64157590
yes because breathing machines can also stop the exposed and irreparably damaged nerves from a billion sites of burnt exposed crispy flesh, all over your body.

>>64157618
And yet, She flew the Falcon in a dog fight in the innards of a star destroyer. and then for no reason, Han loves her, and leia loves her and everyone loves this person who they just met, and suddenly she out force uses Ren and then she fights Ren evenly and defeats him...

not a mary sue..i got ya.

>>64157807
there's an oxymoronic statement if i ever read one. no spell or incantations is as great as one that is paid for with a sacrifice. j j rowlings knew as much before she penned that scene. so Harry Porter didn't do shit, his mother wrote a spell and put up for payment, her eventual life to be paid as a value. you're reaching, and it shows.
>>
>>64157807
he didn't beat him, he just survived
>>
My money is on that Rey is a clone of Anakin which would explain her Mary Sue capabilities.

Kylo Ren mentions clones when he is talking about FInn to the general guy. Both Rey and Anakin are geniuses in: piloting, engineering, languages, and spatial awareness. They are both natural gods when it come to the force.

It would make for a better reveal too. All Rey wants to know is who she is and where are her parents. Man, what a slap to the face it would be if she was told she is just a clone.
>>
>>64156486
Weird, its the opposite for me. Usually most of the time when /tv/ bitches about a female protagonist they're just being whiny MRA beta lords. This time though they have some valid criticisms, Rey just seems to be too perfect. Did she really need to be a force prodigy, a melee combat expert, AND a mechanical genius pilot who can fly the Millennium Falcon better than Han fuckin Solo? Jesus Christ, it's too fucking much
>>
>>64157057
Not saying she shouldn't have won but she fights with the Bōjutsu fighting style which is much more akin to empty handed fighting than it is to sword/saber fighting
>>
>>64155796
>implying she isn't also grandson of Anakin
>>
File: 32236R.jpg (7 KB, 324x432) Image search: [Google]
32236R.jpg
7 KB, 324x432
>hurr she never touched a light saber before how could SHE POSSIBLE HAVE KNOW HOW TO MELEE COMBAT?

I bet she had more expertise in it than Kylo Ren.
>>
File: 1449710018293.jpg (35 KB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
1449710018293.jpg
35 KB, 400x330
>>64156785

>for no reason

confirmed for poiting the ass to the screen instead of watching the movie.

Rey is a Skywalker. Anakin's lightsaber calling her couldn't make it more obvious.

But no, people are so stupid that they probably needed to see luke saying "oh hello daughter sorry for droping you in jakku btw" in order for them to notice things.

If they take the prequels srsly, she probably has a 20k's space samurai cells too.
>>
>>64155965
>I've had enough of Star Wars
Then why the fuck are you still posting about it? This isn't your fucking blog if you don't like something maybe you shouldn't waste your time thinking about it?
>>
>Movie for kids
>people struggling to understand

Let`s explain it again
About her abilities with mechanics:Spent hole life scavenging old ships for parts
About the fight:Maz tells to rey everything a force user need's to know(something like"close your eyes feel the force, IT WILL GUIDE your actions"that was what she did at the end of the fight)
>>
>>64160532
but how does she know how to fly ships when she's never flown a ship before?
>>
>>64159607
Rey better modify that thing and turn it into a staff saber, why else would she have still held on to her staff when she went looking for Luke if she had a light saber anyways, unless she's holding on to the staff so we can get a sweet sweet staff saber
>>
>>64159607
>It wasn't even part blaster
This movie fucking sucks
>>
>>64160623
That's the point
maybe she have flown other ships for work
or
the mary whatever stuff
>>
>>64159801
Luke was a skywalker too, and a purer one than Rey. Vader still pushed his shit in and he had Anakin's saber in hand. never called to him, and he had it for over a year and some.

Rey is a Mary Sue.

>>64159896
When you shills stop, I'll stop.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.