[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>...I may gone too far in some places.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: CXLXTriUQAA32Om.jpg large.jpg (65 KB, 599x588) Image search: [Google]
CXLXTriUQAA32Om.jpg large.jpg
65 KB, 599x588
>...I may gone too far in some places.
>>
>Beats up 4 guys
Hired goons, not proud warriors like Tusken Raiders
>Knows more about the MF than Han
As she should, she's worked on the docked ship for years and has witnessed/participated in the upgrades. Those upgrades surprised Han who hasn't seen this ship in forever
>First time she flies
We don't know that for sure
>Instantly good at lightsaber
Maybe those years of fighting with her staff transferred over?
>Instantly...force
You're missing the obvious connection she has to Luke and the Force
>Instantly trusted by the resistance
It's the will of the Force, Leia felt that.
>Speaks droid and wookie
Why wouldn't she be able to speak droid? You make Wookie out like it's hard to understand
>Instantly liked and trusted by everyone
Except for anyone with The First Order, the goons, the dude selling her portions was a cunt to her, she was ratted out to The First Order by people in Maz's castle...
>>
>>64149623
tumblr pls go
>>
>>64149623

>fighting with a staff makes you good at fighting with a sword
>>
>>64149645
>Tumblr pls go
Reddit please go.
>>
>>64149623
>proud warriors like Tusken Raiders
Hahahahahaha.
>>
So like... Why don't we call her Marey?
>>
>>64149521
>all these obese neckbeards don't understand how devastating a core muscle injury is
Feels good to have played sports in high school. Kylo getting shot is a huge deal, deal with it.
>>
>>64149662
The two are apples and oranges, not Apples and tire irons.
>>
The press have already admitted she is a mary sue but we're so far gone they're also saying that it is good writing
>>
>>64149623
>We don't know that for sure
She outright stated she'd never been off her planet and it was certainly the first time she'd flown that particular ship.
>Maybe those years of fighting with her staff transferred over?
Retarded and you know it.
>You're missing the obvious connection she has to Luke and the Force
Except Luke couldn't even lift a lightsaber by the end of his film. If she has a "connection to the force" that's even more of a mary sue as it eclipses Anakin and Luke by far.
>Hired goons, not proud warriors like Tusken Raiders
And she's a malnourished orphan.
>It's the will of the Force, Leia felt that.
lol
>Why wouldn't she be able to speak droid? You make Wookie out like it's hard to understand
Luke couldn't speak either, Anakin could only speak droid because he literally worked with them. As for wookie, that's a silly explanation.
>>
>>64149623

Literally gobbling Jew cock.

Its like you have zero awareness of what makes a character good or for us to root for them?

Being 100% perfect flawless at everything you ever do is not fun to watch, its boring awful shit tier writing.
>>
>>64149521

Why can't blockbusters make believable characters anymore? Why are they always mary sues nowadays?
>>
>>64149741
>I've never written anything
>despite this I am the leading authority on what makes characters "relatable"
>all main characters MUST be relatable
>I have severe autism
>>
File: Other_guys_poster.jpg (24 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
Other_guys_poster.jpg
24 KB, 300x444
the flying scene reminds me of the GTA scene in the other guys, where will farrells character does some crazy stuns with the car against some south african ex special forces guy and when asked how he did it, he says he learned it in GTA

just like how Rey sue is immediately able to out maneuver trained pilots in fighters because she played some flight sims at home

except one is a comedy and the other is trying to be a serious movie
>>
>>64149781
>He's a shill
>For Disney
>He does it for free
>>
>>64149781

>I can't have an opinion on what makes a character relatable unless I've written a movie
>implying I even mentioned anything to do with being relatable in the first place

Epic argument
>>
>>64149521
Rey isn't a real character with any depth like Luke does. This is because a woman can't have flaws or you're sexist.

Han tells Luke he can't fly the ship, treats him like shit, it's okay. But if he's a she, Han has to begrudgingly accept that she knows her shit or it's sexist.
>>
>>64149623
/tv/ B T F O yet again
>>
>>64149623
Go rewatch ANH
>>
>>64149835
>I'm clearly wrong so I'm walking my opinion back
>the fact that the movie is so insanely successful basically nullifies my arguments
>so I get on the 4chin site and cry into the void about Mary Sues

>>64149833
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>64149902

>Star Wars being successful is based on quality and not the fact that it could be a fucking shit on a plate and still be as successful

Its all hype and marketing man. And Normie's buying into it that couldn't tell a decent movie from a bad one to save their lives.
>>
>>64149902
>Stop not liking what I like
>>
>>64149623
Luke had a connection to the Force but couldn't do all the Force tricks without training. So did Leia. But Rey can, because she's a Mary Sue.
>>
>>64149664
>>>/t/umblr
>>
File: Bv2UxrsCUAMi-Gz.jpg (23 KB, 510x384) Image search: [Google]
Bv2UxrsCUAMi-Gz.jpg
23 KB, 510x384
>Uh, hi Mr. Abrams...I've got some ideas to improve the movie, and I've got it right here.

>One, Rey needs to be tougher, smarter, and have access to the Millennium Falcon.

>Two, every time Rey isn't on screen, the other characters should be asking, "Where's Rey?"
>>
>>64149623
>Hired goons, not proud warriors like Tusken Raiders

we don't know how strong the goons were, even still look how the scene was shot. fin goes to save her, she beats them up in seconds and the camera goes to fins face to show how surprised he is at what a strong and independent woman she is. she definitely doesn't need saving, girl power.

>As she should, she's worked on the docked ship for years and has witnessed/participated in the upgrades. Those upgrades surprised Han who hasn't seen this ship in forever

we don't know that the fixes to the ship needed were related to the upgrades, half the time rey was saying what they should do to fix it han knew too. why do you think she upgraded the falcon?

>We don't know that for sure
lol

her strength with the force is already master jedi tier, what a great protagonist who is just great at everything with little room to grow. great story telling. even if she was taught by luke and kylo didnt recognize her she seems way overtuned.

>It's the will of the Force, Leia felt that.
weird, luke defeated vader and helped beat sideous but the force didnt tell people to trust luke. the rebellion questioned his ability as a pilot before he flew etc.

>Why wouldn't she be able to speak droid? You make Wookie out like it's hard to understand

> You make Wookie out like it's hard to understand

lol

>Except for anyone with The First Order, the goons, the dude selling her portions was a cunt to her, she was ratted out to The First Order by people in Maz's castle...

good guys all immediately take a liking to her and trust her because muh force making excuses for weak plot

bad guys hate her because shes so pure and strong and brave and wow what a woman, great role model wow i cant wait for my daughter to see this

>>64149850
sit down fagit
>>
>>64149521
Luke talks with R2D2 all the time in TESB.
>>
>>64150022
Hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>64150165
After he's been with him for a while, yes.

When they first meet, he needs C3P0 to translate.

Rey understands BB-8 perfectly the moment they meet.
>>
>>64150022

Perfect.
>>
>>64149753
I honestly think that if Rey were a man, they'd try harder to give him flaws. They went too far in trying to avoid tropes or whatever.
>>
>>64149842

You don't spend much time with girls do you? You tend to accept shit from them a little more than you would a guy. Think about that one time you talked to a hooker on skype. You probably let her run an obvious game on you because you wanted some of that.
>>
>>64149791
>SW
>Serious movie

Nigga, please. Its a movie for kids. I have counted at least 20 kids with their lightsabers on the theatre.
>>
File: Aah47tb.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
Aah47tb.png
117 KB, 320x263
>>64149707
M'Rey
>>
>>64149623
>As she should, she's worked on the docked ship for years and has witnessed/participated in the upgrades. Those upgrades surprised Han who hasn't seen this ship in forever
she was a scavenger just taking what appeared to be of value off wreckage
and she stated in the movie that the MF is just junk for her
>>
>>64149710
You're right, it made him MORE POWERFUL IN THE FORCE. He used the pain to fulled his Dark Side powers.

Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>64149842
But Han used to be a dickhead to the princess too in the OT.

Unless he is too old and has changed and is not that big of a dick now. I dont recall him bashing on Boyega either.
>>
>>64149521
I couldn't get over how stupid her outfit is. And she wore the same shit through the whole movie. Did it literally take place over 1 day?
>>
>>64150509
If you're some kind of loser who is desperate to get laid and thinks letting women walk all over him will accomplish that, maybe.
>>
>>64150603
When did she have time to change? Maybe at the end once they got Finn back for medical attention but at that point finding Luke was more important
>>
how long until her ego grows to the point of being tempted by the dark side whereas kylo feels immense regret over the killing of his father and comes back to the light? bonus: rey kills luke in episode eight.
>>
>>64150637
Important because the empire were right on the verge of building death star 4.0?
>>
>>64150603
Smelly is sexy. That's why she's always sweaty, dirty, and bloody. She's even more of a sex object for horny nerds than slave Leia. They just wrap it in a Strong Woman package.
>>
>>64150720
No. The movies won't have any twist amd turns like that. The only twists will be ones that you will see coming a mile away and that don't change anything.
>>
>>64149521
add in

>Luke, after training from Obi Wan and several years (time between NH and ESB) of self study takes deep concentration to be able to pull lightsaber few meters from him to his hand

>Rey pulls it to herself with confidence after discovering the existence of Force few hours prior while a trained sith is trying to do the same.
>>
>>64149521
>milluniom falcon

this is obviously bait
>>
>>64150724
Important for her to understand the force and all the craziness she must be feeling
>>
>>64150990
So important she couldn't take a break for 5 minutes to have a shower and put on some fresh undies?
>>
>>64151012
>implying she only ever wore more than one set of clothes
she was a destitute part picker on a planet with practically no running water
>>
>>64149781
>choke on disney's dick and be happy with it
>>
So guys... What's the next step for Rey in the JewJew universe?

Will she stay OP Mary Sue in the sequel? Will they tone her down a bit? Have her get beaten and hurt?

Will she turn Sith? Or will she become unstoppable untouchable unbeatable Lord Rey Sue Force God with Luke's training?
>>
>>64152253
I think she'll stay the same.They've gone too far at this stage
>>
File: the finger.webm (3 MB, 638x360) Image search: [Google]
the finger.webm
3 MB, 638x360
>>64149623
>>
>>64152253
She's really gonna earn that Marysue title by the end.
They're gonna have some "urgent situation" where they're winning but then imperial remnants send a big batch of Star Destroyers and she'll have this meditation moment where they're trying to wake her up and get her to do something, then when all looks lost she's gonna wake up all glowy n shit and start pingponging star destroyers off each other.
MARK MY WORDS, IT'S COMING!
>>
witness these
>>
>>64152253
The only thing that could redeem her character would be to have her tempted by the dark side. If she trains with Luke, gains control of her abilities, and stays good, she'll become nigh unstoppable and completely boring.

In fact, having her and Kylo switch roles would be the best twist this trilogy could pull off. Of course that won't happen because there's no way they will make the gurl-power character turn evil.
>>
>>64152253
She will remain OP as fuck to appease the SJW scum but will give her an injury that will force Poe/Finn to take the lead and solve a problem as a means of damage control so they can parade that scene around to defect criticism of being a Mary Sue, before recovering and probably becoming an even bigger Mary Sue afterwards to make up for it.
>>
>>64153188
dubs?
>>
>>64149521

who cares?

so she's better than stinky luke and shitty old obi wan

so what? fuck those guys
>>
>>64153188
Nice
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 555x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 555x448
I almost slept on the couch because of an argument with the GF about the ridiculous Mary Sueness and opness of Rey.

I'm such a chauvinist pig
>>
File: 5463135.jpg (79 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
5463135.jpg
79 KB, 720x480
>>64150530
M'Reydy Sue
>>
>>64153756
>on 4chan
>GF

I lol'd
>>
>>64153756
downvoted
>>
>>64153756
Why cant some people understand that Rey knowing the ship better than Han who's been flying it for over 40 years seems ridiculous ?
>>
>>64153966
This is just plain ridiculous. I guess they are kind of brainwashed. I was told by one of my female friends that a stronger then males female character was needed because females were oppressed in the past. I don't really see the point but yeah, females don't care as long as feminism.
>>
>>64149781
Nowhere did anon say in his/her post that characters must be relatable.
>>
>>64149623
>Tusken Raiders
>proud warriors
>literal sandniggers
stopped reading there.
>>
Guys, the only thing that is wrong in this movie is it blatant and ridiculous feminist agenda. Nobody cares that Finn is black, because he is fucking useless, the only character that can do anything is Rey. JJ being jewish as nothing to do with it, he is just a mangina
>>
>>64154130
>i lol'd
>>
>>64149623
anyone legitimately answering this obv bait is fucking retarded
>>
>>64152253
She will remain a mary sue for the rest of this trilogy and you will like it.

Also you will have a good dose of interracial homosexual romance.
>>
>>64149623

>Tusken radiers are 'Proud warriors'
>will of the force bullshit

Makes it so obvious you have no fucking clue what you are talking about
>>
>>64154181
>Stop grabbing my hand!
>I can run myself!
>There is a pilot here, me! A woman!
>Cuts to random woman New Order general
>Brienne just for a woman's voice
>>
>>64149521
I'm fine with her being a good pilot/mechanic/fighter. Whatever, can basically be chalked up to muh force connection and desert survival strong woman.

What I fucking hate is that she was able to use the force so well with no training. Not only that she was able to use the force better than a fucking trained dark jedi. She shouldn't have been able to read his mind, resist the mind reading sure, but not turn it back on him. She shoudln't have been able to use the mind trick. She shouldn't have been able to pull Luke's lightsaber. She shouldn't have had that "hurr durr oh the force" moment at the end of the fight. Rey's use of the force was the only thing I didn't like about the movie.
>>
>>64153756
All you have to do is asking:
>name a flaw
That's right,no one can.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.