[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Best Review of The Force Awakens period
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Swmrj2.jpg (121 KB, 552x800) Image search: [Google]
Swmrj2.jpg
121 KB, 552x800
>So why is this not the review I wanted to write, with me dancing jigs on the steeple, painted with woad with bells on my toes, yodeling for joy? Because the jerkwads of Hollywood had to take a favorite movie and crap it up with political correctness. Because this film is critic-proof. No matter how bad it is, everyone and his brother will go see it.

http://www.scifiwright.com/2015/12/the-force-awakens-and-hits-the-snooze-button
>>
>>64148824
way too long
political is the least of my concerns.my main problems are that
> the plot is a rip-off of episodes 4/5 which nobody seems to give a shit about because of ''how bad the prequels are''
>Rey is a mary-sue.
i dont care if she knows how to fight or how to pilot. its boring to start with someone already skilled who gets approval from everyone right of the bat.and she already know mind trick? this movie was the laziest way to restart a trilogy but i kinda like it tbqh
>>
File: 1396456423683.jpg (14 KB, 352x352) Image search: [Google]
1396456423683.jpg
14 KB, 352x352
>>64148824
>banner art is dude in a trench coat and fedora
>>
>>64148824
>We conservative Christians live inside a story
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>64149000

Yeah, i don't care about Boyega. I think it's stupid that Boyega got cast just to "diversify" the cast for the sake of diversity, but if he's a good actor, I don't give a shit. That's not really the issue with the movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
Cringiest attempt at a review I've read so far. Praises anime at the outset.

I can see why /tv/ would enjoy this garbage.
>>
>>64148824
literally tl;dr
>>
>>64148824
>Conservatism is about taking responsibility for actions, earning, working, fighting, and doing. Conservatives believe in free will.
And I stop reading there
I'm sure he made some fine comments but this one idiot can't be this deluded
>>
>>64150716
>but if he's a good actor
He isn't though.
>>
Of all the movies I watched this year, Star Wars: The Force Awakens was definitely one of them. It was certainly a series of still images on frames, played back at speed to create the illusion of movement, with sounds, music and dialog that accompanied the images.
>>
>>64151677
I understood that reference.
>>
>>64149011
>http://www.scifiwright.com/2015/12/the-force-awakens-and-hits-the-snooze-button

To be fair, The Shadow had that look 70 years before neckbeards murdered it.
>>
>>64148824
>http://www.scifiwright.com/2015/12/the-force-awakens-and-hits-the-snooze-button

Reading, enjoying.
>>
>Time for a Writer’s 101 lesson: In any ensemble piece, each character needs a skill or a quirk or something that makes him memorable, and in the plot, and you need each character to do his one shtick at least once in the plot. R2D2 has to hack into the computer system via the electrical plug at least once, because he is the hacker, and Han Solo has to outrace pursuing battleships at least once, because he is the hotshot pilot, and Obi-Wan must sense a disturbance in the force at least once, and say something mystical and cryptic, because he is the Old Wizard and this is his shtick. But if Mary Sue can outhack, outpilot, and outwiz the robot, the rogue, and the wizard, she is a boring character because she can do everything, and they are all boring characters because they can do nothing. See? Simple.
>>
Bump. Y'all should read this. I'm realising why I had mixed feelings about this film, now I know.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.