[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the American legal system elaborate for-profit theater, or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Making a Murderer.2015.jpg (787 KB, 1500x2313) Image search: [Google]
Making a Murderer.2015.jpg
787 KB, 1500x2313
Is the American legal system elaborate for-profit theater, or does something resembling justice occasionally eke out?
>>
these's days the only true Justice there is is if you shut your mouth and DO NOT TALK WITH COPS WITHOUT A LAWYER PRESENT

the cops will use anything, ANYTHING you say against you

"I didn't like the guy" turns into "The suspect told me he hated the victim"

"I frequent the place" turns into "he was there when the victim was there"

"I was never there during the time of the crime" turns into "a witness says they saw a individual matching the defendants description"

etc.

point is, you have a 5th Amendement for a reason, do not say anything until you get a lawyer
>>
>>64142550
lol this will get you killed unless you're white
>>
>>64142570

Nice meme
>>
>>64142399
If you accept Jesus into your heart you won't ever have to worry about becoming victim to the American judicial system.
>>
The cop's job is to get someone for crime X.
If you're innocent, don't be that person.
>>
>>64142399
It was one case in back woods Wisconsin two decades ago
>>
>>64142550
Not to mention using something as archaic as a "jury of your peers". Juries have been swayed apparently by a few strong personalities into changing their verdict (or sometimes come into a case with their mind made up), often just because they're tired and want to go home. The idea that someone could spend the rest of their lives in prison because a juror had low blood sugar is frightening.
>>
>>64142666
It has to be unanimous Satan
>>
>>64142550
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
>>
The moment you privatize something, it stop being about whatever it is and starts to be all about profit
>>
>>64142697
I know that. But as in the case from Making a Murderer, 7 jurors came in planning to vote not guilty, but got strong-armed by 3 unwavering jurors who would not let it end without a guilty verdict.
>>
>>64142570
no it won't retard if you are in police custody, they can't hurt you for not talking unless the want every attorney in their city sniffing up their ass.
>>
>>64142399
cuck test?
if this prints out E K E i'm leaving forever
>>
>>64142860
loooooool
>>
>>64142661
Are you not paying attention to outside anon?
Also, the filth is murdering you yanks in record numbers, shits out of hand.

>inb4 I dont go outside I dun need 2 wurry
>>
>>64142723
Bingo, slave labor is biiiiig money right now
>>
>>64142666
>Not to mention using something as archaic as a "jury of your peers"
Whats the better alternative though?

>>64142740
Now this I don't get, what does a forced unanimous vote get you? I think it would be far more likely for people to change sides to end it than a natural 100% guilty verdict to come out. A 7/6 guilty verdict would really fucking suck though
>>
>>64143003
My neighborhood police are friendly and helpful cause I don't live in a shithole/I'm not a scumbag
>>
>>64142740
What makes you think they decided before they went in?
You also realize the filmmaker wanted you to react exactly how you're reacting, there was an obvious bias
Not that that means he's guilty, but you sound like you're a little worked up
>>
>>64143139
>the system works, proven by my privilege!
Seriously?
>>
>>64143195
Oh you mean how they went went into deliberations, if it's a complete stalemate it's just a mistrial
You don't think they just deliberate forever until one side gives up do you?
>>
>>64143139
I live in a really nice suburban area and some cops are still stereotypical dicks. They have this us vs them mentality like every civilian is about to snap at them, and approach simple interactions like directing parking as if its an interrogation. Its that shit that gives impressionable people a bad image of police, which fuels their asshole behavior, and it goes on forever
>>
>>64143262
Watch the documentary. The gist of it was that the 3 jurors wore down the others, who were somewhat suggestive and had softer personalities, and talked them into voting guilty. This came first-hand from one of the jurors.
>>
>>64143230
>surprised cops in shitty nigger filled towns are more trigger happy

Go ahead and take a look at murder rate of cops in majority black towns vs majority white, I'll wait.
>>
>>64143420
When you get murdered by a methed-up cop for no reason, I hope in your final moments you remember this post.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.