[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TFA final verdict
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 34
File: kyloren.jpg (425 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
kyloren.jpg
425 KB, 1600x1200
3/10, uttter garbage.

Anyone that says different is a fucking mindless consumer, a Redditor, a feminist, or a child/manchild.

Nothing about this was good. It was a remake of ANH. The characters were forced. Acting sucked. The villain was a little bitch, and his "crossguard" lightsaber was literally the most retarded thing I have ever seen. It felt like a Marvel movie. It had a cliffhanger ending with 10 unanswered question by the end. Rey was a fucking Mary Sue.

>Implying the prequels were bad
Episode 1 was a 5.7/10. Episode 2 was a 7.2/10. Episode 3 was an 8/10.
>buh buh the acting wuz SHITTT!!!
hello Reddit! It was actually nuanced and if you can't see that you have no place here. I was not the best, but the actors all played their roles decently well.
The overarching story was one of the best I've seen. The movies were on par with the originals, which are honestly overrated desu.

Can you remember anything from TFA? No. Plain looking cast, stupid plot. Terrible, and if you say different, you again have no place here.

>tfw it will still never touch Avatar
Fucking lel.
>>
>Pasta thread? Pasta thread!
What the fuck did i just watch? no seriously, what the fuck?

i dont know where to start with this monstrosity of a flick. if it wasn't for the obvious faces and lightsabers it would just be the usual high budget flick with the thinking that fancy effects and explosions will make a 'movie' good. fucking wrong.

i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning or end due to the lack of structure and plot - infact im still struggling to see what the plot was? the whole thing dragged out to see some old fuck standing on the cliffs - greeeaat.

what really fucking me off was how they mocked the dark side to be a laughing stock. that pathetic joke making the clone troopers run away when kylo was throwing a tantrum.
-kylo was meant to be the evil sith boss but actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME. the fucking dindu put up a good fight, they both have zero fucking knowledge in using one, let alone the force in general. what the fuck?
how can anyone possible criticise the prequels with pieces of liberal shit like this one? there were no characters in TFA with any presence, or something that made you think 'wow i like this guy'. the prequels had mace windu, anakin, obi wan, darth vader, darth maul, etc. what did this one have? the characters were fucking dull as fuck, im actually angry as im typing this i just cant get over what i just watched and i need to vent it somewhere.

trust disney to fuck up this bad. i dont even need to mention (but i will anyway) the obvious racism with the dark side being all white, and the 'goodies' being a melting pot of spics, chinks, dindus, females etc. how can this racism even be allowed?

sadly ticket sales determine the success of a film, and so people will feel obligated to think this flick was good but in reality it was tediously boring, which lacked a plot, characters with any redeeming qualities, and made the dark side a joke.
>>
Going to my second viewing tonight. Can't wait, to be honest with you family.
>>
>>64127913
You must be fun at parties
>>
>>64127964
>le back 2 reddit
>>
>>64127964
>giving money to Jew Jew for this BLATANT rip off of A New Hope
>hahah it's bigger!!
>we'll have han solo die becuz it's real f***** bold and he wanted to kill himself anyway after acting for this shitty excuse for a movie
>>
File: 1244223.png (9 KB, 508x497) Image search: [Google]
1244223.png
9 KB, 508x497
>>64127964
this tbqh
watching 2nd time tomorrow
let the autists sperg out
>>
>>64127913
>>64127938
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.
>>
>>64127964
Same
I enjoyed it the first time and will probably enjoy it more this time
>>
File: id and ego 2.png (1 MB, 1014x664) Image search: [Google]
id and ego 2.png
1 MB, 1014x664
>>64127913
>>
>>64127913
>2
>not worse than 7
Nigger 2 was shit tier 3 was not that bad tbf but 2/3 of the prequels are cancer
>>
ha ha ha, you'e all fucking pathetic if you liked this. You're mindless consumers and manchildren.
>>
File: 1429317789377.gif (2 MB, 363x273) Image search: [Google]
1429317789377.gif
2 MB, 363x273
>>64128364
I *tip to you good sir
>>
>>64128364
you can say that about almost any tv show, movie, or music. You're really just being childishly hyperbolic and feebly attempting to make yourself seem better than others. we are all shit, my friend.
>>
You can literally divide Star Wars threads into "grew up with the prequels and have shit taste" and "grew up with the originals and have god-tier taste".

If you didn't like TFA, it's not that it's a bad movie, it's that the movie wasn't fucking made for you.
>>
File: 55P2tGD.gif (2 MB, 510x316) Image search: [Google]
55P2tGD.gif
2 MB, 510x316
>>64128703
>If you didn't like TFA, it's not that it's a bad movie, it's that the movie wasn't fucking made for you.
>>
Is blowing up planets the ultimate form of conquest?
>>
File: clap clap.webm (472 KB, 396x800) Image search: [Google]
clap clap.webm
472 KB, 396x800
Seen it 3x, always in IMAX 3D. Seen it with two different groups of friends and my girlfriend. I bought the novelization, watching the camrip for the fourth time, already bought tickets to see it with my brother and his wife and kids for the 4th time.

Also so that you know, I saw it on the Thursday previews and Friday opening night, the entire theater burst out into full applause multiple times during the movie.

>mfw this movie is the fastest to ever hit $1bil
>>
>>64128703

More like "grew up with Marvel movies and have shit taste" and "grew up more than 20 years ago and have some taste"

Went to the cinema with my father, who grew up with the originals (I did not but I watched them some years before Ep I was released) and we both thought it was a hack when we left the theater.

My friends thought the same too.

It's close to not even qualifying as Star Wars.
>>
God I love this board
>>
>>64128848
why is kiki such a freaking SLUT?
>>
>>64127913
literally born post 2000
>>
The biggest problem with TFA was the pacing.

With good pacing you could fix all the major problems like Rey being a Mary Sue, confusing plot and the likes by giving time for actual character development.
>>
>>64129224
literally nothing was confusing. if you want confusing plot watch episode 1
>>
>>64129327
Lmao what
People complain about ep1 because the plot has too much politics and is kinda boring, not because it's hard to understand.
You have down syndrome.
>>
>>64127964
>watching a movie twice within a short period of time

what the fuck is wrong with you people
>>
>>64129465
I've watched in 5x this week alone
>>
>>64127913
I just got back from seeing it 10 minutes ago. It was shit and I hated it. To say the characters were 1 dimensional and simplistic would be an unjust compliment. I felt like I was watching a movie for retarded children unable to process anything longer than a 5 letter word.
>>
>>64129905
UNJUST
>>
>>64127964
I might do this a bit later when the crowds dispense, this month looks like a dull one for me. Should be comfy. Have fun.
>>
File: 1417819090047.gif (813 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1417819090047.gif
813 KB, 320x240
I'd give it an 8/10
>>
>>64128901
Your father sounds like a fat, autistic nerd.
>>
>>64127913
great blog post. your opinion matters i swear
>>
>>64127913
Go back to your cave
>>
Imagine OP's face when the rest of the crowd in the theatre is enjoying the amazing 3D space battles and he's just sitting there hating on it. Its not JJ Abrams fault that you don't have a gf
>>
>>64130852
Yeah all 5 seconds of it because jar jar Abrams can't have a scene runfor more than 20 seconds for whatever reason
>>
>>64130948
>tfw no gf
>>
People keep saying Rey is a Mary Sue, but this doesn't feel like a feminist issue to me. All Star Wars characters are basically archetypal placeholders to move a greater story along, male and female. They've always been that way. And that's perfectly fine, they have never been films about character development.
>>
File: i'll never join you.jpg (33 KB, 736x313) Image search: [Google]
i'll never join you.jpg
33 KB, 736x313
>>64127913
>anyone who disagrees with me belongs to a group
>i will use this group identity to refuse to listen to anything they have to say
So you're building a safe space where different opinions than yours are instantly shot down because of what group someone belongs to?
>>
>>64130985
They're all bored of your shitty taste of movies
>>
>>64127913
>worse than episode one
>the movie without a protagonist
>the movie with horrible dialogue
>the movie that had no purpose other than to introduce characters for the next movie
>"And if you disagree with my opinion you are a redditor!"
I swear, 4chan has hit it's low point. Half of the posts are "I was just pretending to be retarded" and the rest switch between low-tier troll posting, memes, and hyperbole. It's like your brain didn't contribute anything to what you posted.

I bet you are some butthurt redditor that came to 4chan after you got assblasted out of whatever r/circlejerk you came from. And now you and the rest of your shitposting kind are trying to turn every fucking board into some hugbox/echochamber.
>>
it was an ok movie i think. some characters were a bit shallow and rey's force part was poorly written. luke needed so much training and rey just talks some shit to the stormtrooper and he is obeying? and r2d2's low test mode was also shit
>>
>>64131078
Luke wasn't like that at all though. Anakin was but not Luke.
>>
I'm posting this again.

OBJECTIVE GOOD TASTE POWER RANKINGS:

5 > 4 > 3 > 6 = 7 = 1 > 2

5 & 4: Bretty gud, culturally impacting, not original but still entertaining (Objectively 8/10 - 7/10)

POWER GAP

3: Nowhere near the top two, but much better than the rest (Objectively 5/10)

POWER GAP

6, 7, 1: Dogshit rehashes of Episode 4. If you actually think these are good films, consider suicide. (Objectively 3-2/10)

2: Wew laddie. Filmed evidence that Star Wars is a meme. Liking this is indefensible unless you only watched it ONCE while: A) Drunk B) High C) As a young child (or a combination thereof) (Objectively 1/10)
>>
>>64131194

>Any of the prequels
>Better than Return of the Jedi

Holy fucking shit, no. I get it, ewoks suck, but they don't even touch how bad the prequels are.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 499x499
>>64127913
>the acting is nuanced
I just squeezed out some nuance into the toilet. Bravo, OP.
>>
>>64131149
You literally described TFA.
>>
>>64131194
>OBJECTIVE GOOD TASTE POWER RANKINGS:
>puts 3 that high

Nice try.
>>
>>64127913
>le reddit boogerman

this is memes, this is video games, etc
>>
This is just sad at this point
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 200x200
>>64131194
>3 better than any but 2

You're so......beautiful.
Only because I'm so in love.
No. No, it's because I'm so in love with you!
>>
File: 1447320982774.jpg (51 KB, 394x379) Image search: [Google]
1447320982774.jpg
51 KB, 394x379
>>64131409

So love has blinded you?
>>
File: am2_riot_shield.jpg (90 KB, 615x618) Image search: [Google]
am2_riot_shield.jpg
90 KB, 615x618
>>64127913
I'm going to see it on Monday out of morbid curiosity. If I get out alive, I'll hip the rest of you to the real story.
>>
>>64131359
Except the black guy was the protagonist. There is no need to be so upset about being cuck'd :^)
>>
>>64131473
?
He was the comedic relief.
The C3PO
The Jar Jar
>>
>>64131539

>Who is BB-8?
>>
>>64131553
The R2-D2 aka Merchandise Machine
>>
>>64127938
This just proves TFA is literally JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>64128005
This. I host Star Wars parties all the time and OP would be thrown out within 5 minutes.
>>
For the most part I agree with OP except

Ep1 6/10 solid effort and pioneering new technology. Memorable soundtrack and decent acting

Ep2 2/10 uninteresting, bad acting, meh soundtrack. Overdid the CGI just a bit. Could have never been made and you would understand Ep 3 perfectly

Ep 3 6.5/10 Characters are cringe as fuck but I believe it. Much better saber battles and plot happens memorable soundtrack again.

Ep 7 is just... I don't know how to put it
Each of the new actors has their own acting style,
Boyega acts like he's doing a Play
Rey acts like she's doing a sitcom
Poe acts like he's in a 70's buddy cop show
Kylo acts like Linkin Park is his favorite band

Kylo is the only one that got it right AND HIS CHARACTER IS TERRIBLE. There is no meshing of styles or anything to make the dialog flow naturally it's just awkward and poor delivery from almost fucking everyone.

Plot is just shit written by a 5 year old so I'll spoil the next episode. Lukes students were manipulated by plaguis and became Knights of Ren. Each one has a Ren surname. Snoke is Darth Ren. Finn is under Snokes manipulation. Finn fucks up the rebellion. Rey comes back after training and frees finn from mind control. Finn reveals secret info for the next installment to happen.

Soundtrack is absolutely abysmal not even good.

Overall it is enjoyable but only a 6/10.
>>
>>64132032
>Kylo is the only one that got it right AND HIS CHARACTER IS TERRIBLE.
how to spot the pleb
>>
>>64132101
How to spot the grown up you mean?

>Rendom temper tantrums just for the sake of it
>Acting like a spoiled brat
People go to the movies to get away from reality and embrace their delusions of grandeur. This is just fucking embarrassing and painful to watch especially as this fucks supposed to be in a position of power
>>
Worse than A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, better than Return of the Jedi.
>>
>>64132181
He's a metaphor for white male pissbabies who hate women.
>>
>>64132192
>le RotJ is not good meme
>>>/r/StarWars
>>
>>64132229
He's a metaphor for what JJ thought the target audience acted and wanted to expand the base.

Nothing more
>>
>>64132268
He's literally gamergate.
>>
>>64132326
Is that even still a thing?
>>
Thinking the Star Wars movie without the moral relativism and ambiguity episodes 1-3 is feminist, leftist garbage. Lol. It's literally the antithesis.
>>
>>64131623
Not sure if this is pasta or what, but I had watched Porco Rosso the day before I saw TFA, and liked it WAYYYYY better than that shitty meme rehash of a "movie". A fucking animated flying pig was better.
>>
>>64127913
Saw the 3D version last night (not by choice). It gave me a headache so bad my friend had to drive me home. Still have a headache now actually.

Think I'm going to end up associating Star Wars with retching over a toilet for an hour afterwards from now on.
>>
>>64132434
>implying Hayao Miyazaki, one of the greatest film directors of his era period, would ever not be better than M.M. Memebrams
I mean seriously, I even mildly enjoyed Force Awakens, but Miyazaki's the shit
>>
>>64132523
Sounds like you're a pussy. I bet you puke when you get drunk too.
>>
File: opinionfacts.png (4 KB, 324x271) Image search: [Google]
opinionfacts.png
4 KB, 324x271
>>64127913
>>
>>64127913
>Crossguard lightsaber

I assume you're referring to his force saber which requires ventilation due to its excessive energy output
>>
>>64134305
I'm referring to the triple firebladed lightsaber that poses more of a threat to the wielder than the person they're fighting.
>>
>>64134517
>lightsaber

There you go using that word again
>>
>>64134612
The fuck is a force saber?
>>
>>64127964
>>64128050
>>64128848
Already watched it with gf. I'll go with friends next week. Is 3D really worth it for this one?
>>
File: 1421527000805.png (364 KB, 481x460) Image search: [Google]
1421527000805.png
364 KB, 481x460
>>64131450
>>
How does it feel that most of the movie critics and reviewers (you know, people that analize film for a living) agree that the prequels were shit? Does it make you feel special about your opinion?
>>
File: Yplh18u.png (26 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
Yplh18u.png
26 KB, 527x409
>>64127913
>Episode 1 was a 5.7/10. Episode 2 was a 7.2/10. Episode 3 was an 8/10.
>>
File: 673846587364857345.png (36 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
673846587364857345.png
36 KB, 200x200
What did you expected from the white slavers?
>>
Kek, this TFA posts are hilarious, the butthurted losers in /tv/ certainly belive they know shit about films.
>>
>>64132181
>i wanted literal vader 2.0
Yes, so grown up of you to hate on a character with actual depth and struggle. It's not every villain that gets that much characterization.

No matter how escapist your movie is you still rely on basic human emotion dick head.
>>
>>64136062
Some people don't feel emotion.
>>
vai toma no cu viado
>>
File: baby_crying_closeup.jpg (5 KB, 300x193) Image search: [Google]
baby_crying_closeup.jpg
5 KB, 300x193
>>64127913

>Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't like the thing!!! MY OPINION!!! WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
>>
Why is it only Autists who love the prequels? Yes this movie was bad but in the end it was merely average whilst the prequels are legit God awful.
>>
>>64136967
This site is for whiny assholes now
>>
>>64136994
A punch to the face hurts less than a stab to the arm.

Doesn't mean you can't prefer both not happen.
>>
>>64127913
I agree with you.
>>
>>64137032
>T-that sounded smarter in my head
>>
File: Daisy laughing at virgins.png (1 MB, 634x872) Image search: [Google]
Daisy laughing at virgins.png
1 MB, 634x872
>>64127913
>>64127913
>>
>>64129465

This, more specifically

>watching a movie in a theater twice

Why? Watch it first time in a theater because you can't wait for it to come on bluray, then experience it once again in bluray, alone, with no annoying people laughing / coughing and immerse yourself picking up details you couldn't pick before.

Movie theaters are shit and anyone who goes there twice to see a movie is a max pleb that needs to leave this site.
>>
>>64127913
>Can you remember anything from TFA?
Yes. Rey, Finn, Poe and Ren were all great characters and the actors were good. I remember almost every scene perfectly fine. The fact that /tv/ is now defending the prequels just to be edgy faggots just proves that it's not even better than reddit atm.
>>
>>64130668
Fucking kek.
>>
>>64137145
Not everyone lives in America. I went to see it twice at the cinema and everyone was quiet. No talking, cheering, clapping, only slight laughing and no coughing, It was pretty good desu.
>>
IMDB main page for TFA is showing a 10/10 Star Review even though it's not the best ranked review.. click on show all reviews to see best ranked...

Hmmm... shouldn't the algorithm show the best ranked by peers instead of this one?
>>
>>64129376
>implying the bet between qui gon and watto is anything but confusing
>>
>>64131194
probably would have made 3=6 > 7 but I otherwise agree
>>
>>64137629
A few days after it came out there was a low ranked 2/10 review on the main page for the film so that doesn't say shit.
>>
>>64132265
It's good but TFA is objectively better.
>>
>>64137912

Sure, but it was the top ranked by peers, so it makes sense.

There it is (3/10) on the list of reviews in order by best ranked.

Should technically still be there on the front and not the 10/10.
>>
File: bravo disney revisionism.jpg (298 KB, 864x576) Image search: [Google]
bravo disney revisionism.jpg
298 KB, 864x576
>>64127913

>manipulated the plot to bring back the resistance from OT as if nothing changed in 30 years
>rest of the movie is ANH

and thanks to the nostalgia pleb brains they're going to get away with passing it off as something other than an OT remake

bravo disney revisionism
>>
>>64128130
You're right. Phantom Menace was the only tolerable one.
>>
File: 1441834353792.jpg (30 KB, 258x285) Image search: [Google]
1441834353792.jpg
30 KB, 258x285
What was the plot of this movie? Was it to find Luke? It felt like a bunch of shitty scenes that paid homage to the original trilogy instead of investing in a compelling story to tell.
>>
>>64127913
>using reddit to justify the prequels

Hello reddit
>>
>>64131078
>they have never been films about character development.

Dude what. The original trilogy was a coming of age tale about Luke Skywalker. It follows the monomyth template almost perfectly.
>>
>>64127913
>5.7
>7.2

How fucking try-hard can you get?
>>
>>64139609
>to find luke
>spend entire movie not finding luke
>>
File: 1AxL.png (478 KB, 748x729) Image search: [Google]
1AxL.png
478 KB, 748x729
>>64139609

>What was the plot of this movie
>>
>>64127913
lmao looks like a greek James Franco
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 215x235) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 215x235
>>64127913
>>64127938
Hello Reddit!
>>
I think they were scared to try their own plot. Didn't want to risk being like the prequels so they went with what they knew worked. I hated it because of that. Another planet destroyer? God damn there were so many other possibilities
>>
File: 1437655670067.png (486 KB, 763x832) Image search: [Google]
1437655670067.png
486 KB, 763x832
>>64139777
>>
TFA is just an ANH remake with wacky references to the original trilogy to draw in older fans.

There's going to be a Death Star in episode 9. I can feel it.
>>
>>64128901

>being old enough to remember seeing star wars IV and being in its age demographic

>having a relevant opinion now

>pick one

serious like who cares what die hard original trilogy fans think theyre all in their 40s
>>
>>64128746
No blowing up five planets is.
>>
>>64131085
It's happening literally everywhere else online, why not here?
>>
I just got back from watching it.

Acting was ok, writing for literally everyone but the lead chick was ok, effects were slightly shit-but-not-that-shit-really, and the plot was decent, although a bit too fast.

But holy fuck, was Rei or whatever her name was annoying as fuck, and on top of that, a fucking Mary Sue. When did she get Force training? How did she do the Jedi Mind Trick without using her hands? How did she fucking repel a dude who has been trained by Luke in the Force? I'm fine with her being a decent pilot (Luke was a pretty good pilot, due to the Force enhancing his abilities), and her being able to repair shit (Luke also was like this as well, all Skywalkers were), but holy fuck, that fucking bullshit pulled at the end was something else. The black dude was fine, he actually had some characterization and had flaws, not-Darth Vader was fine, he had an ok-ish backstory, even if it's crawling-on-my-skin tier edgyness, but god damn Reid, the not-Luke of this story, is such a fucking Mary Sue. How did she do any of the Force tricks (when every other Jedi in the OT and Prequels had to go through training to use shit like the Jedi Mind Trick and Force Pull as well as she did). How did she repel a nearly-fully trained Sith? How did she read his mind? What in the actual fuck was that end-bullshit where she closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and then beat the shit out of the big bad? Where did she learn all of this shit? And if she already could do it, why the fuck didn't she pull it out of her ass earlier?

Fucking hell. If they hadn't gone full-on bullshit at the end, then the movie would of been fine. Shit, it would of even given a bit of development to Rei or whatever, as she would of accidentally fucked up by giving the New Order the part of the map. This would of meant she would have an actual goal to seek out Luke (as she would go out to him to train harder for the next encounter with Mr. "muh feelings").
>>
File: 1430513600873.jpg (46 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
1430513600873.jpg
46 KB, 681x496
What was the conflict in this movie again?

Like what was the driving force that made the characters do what they were doing? Finn wanted to stay away from battle, poe didn't exist, Rey wants to find her parents. Like why didn't finn keep running away, why did he want to fight the first order, wouldn't his end goal be trying to find a way to end the war? Like someone could say "Hey, did you know that if you kill the final sith lord the darkside will lose it's grasp on the empire and they will stop killing everyone, give up and you don't have to kill the people that you lived with your whole life."
"Oh well that's convenient, how do I fight him?"

And hell rey is trying to find out her past, she finds a glimpse of it in the lightsabre but for some reason turns it down. Where is she going? Does she have daddy issues for Han?
Why didn't someone say, oh your name is rey? Huh I swore I remember luke talking to your father.

People just did things because, the rebels are the good guys, the empire is bad, and we gotta find luke.
>>
>>64141839
It was trying to find Luke, but JJ couldn't resist that sweet, sweet poetry, and added another Death Star in half way through, which pretty much derailed the movie until the end.
>>
>>64141839
>to find luke
>none of the movie was spent finding luke
>>
File: 1429342329421.jpg (55 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
1429342329421.jpg
55 KB, 700x466
>>64142307
>r2d2 had the plans inside of him all along
>he just needed to turn on because plot
>>
anybody who likes this movie is confirmed for being a fucking retard
>>
it's like they set a new standard for how simplistic a script could be
>>
>>64142349
literally deus ex machina. even george isnt this bad
>>
>>64142394
not going to lie, that last line gives me chills.
Felt out of place though.
Like everyone in the audience knows it and the main characters have seen the force, (Finn litterally saw kylo stop the blaster).
>>
>>64127913
>Episode 2 was a 7.2/10
>>
>>64142349
that was fucking stupid
>>
>>64128848
whats the rip quality ? Ive seen one watchable but ghastly audio.
>>
>>64142349

I thought the implication was that he entered low-power mode in order to focus all his computational ability on recreating the map from partially-corrupt backup data,
>>
>>64143133
then why didn't c3p0 say

>he seems to be in low power mode
>all of his processes are running at a rapid pace though
>in other words hes thinking very hard about something
>what, I can't tell you.
>>
I just can't get around to seeing it, I haven't paid for a movie in forever and I have to get over there and back and shit.

Not being able to shitpost about this big deal of a movie with you is awful, I'm putting myself on suicide watch.
>>
>>64143248
the cam rip should be out. suffer though it for the shit posting. cant be any worse than seeing it in 3D
>>
>>64143203

It would have been better, certainly. But 3PO did mention R2 was in low-power mode for a long time, and he tells BB-8 he doesn't believe R2 would have the map in his backup data. Then when R2 wakes up, 3PO is surprised to hear R2 has the map to show everyone. I took all of that to mean R2 had been working to recover or reconstruct the map from old backup data and it just took a long time.
>>
>>64143437
i took that he conveniently woke up at the mention of the map. that puzzle piece map killed it though.
>>
>>64127964
This

I don't even have to wait in line for a Big Gulp I can just drink all the fucking stormfront tears in this thread
>>
>>64143682

Part of the map was removed by someone intentionally. Kylo Ren actually mentions they found the majority of the map in the Empire's archives, but it was missing that one piece. R2 had a copy of the map that the Empire had, and the missing piece was stored on that thumb drive. Luke had the smarts not to store the full map in one place so bad people wouldn't find the Jedi temple. He deleted the incomplete map from R2 as well, but R2 decided to try and recover the map from backup data. It took a long time, but he finally succeeded. The timing was convenient, but there are plenty of conveniences like that in these types of movies. It wasn't unforgivable, because at least the low power mode and the map can be explained.
>>
>>64130668
Sides, why?
>>
File: 1.jpg (30 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
30 KB, 329x500
>>64131926

>Star Wars parties
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 320x134) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 320x134
>>64131194
>not liking Return of the Jedi the most
>peeka wo hononcha chabba Solo
>your taste = bantha poodoo

Hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoooooooo
>>
>>64143826
they just needed the map. it didnt need to be some puzzle piece.
>>
>>64132032
The soundtrack WAS terrible. Has John Williams gone senile?
>>
>>64144115
It wasn't terrible it was just entirely forgettable which is weird for John Williams since he usually makes very memorable scores.
>>
File: image.png (97 KB, 272x350) Image search: [Google]
image.png
97 KB, 272x350
>>64143133
>Giving Vajayjay Gaybrams this kind of creative credit
>>
>>64127913
I honestly respected your opinion until you gave III a 8/10
>>
ANH/TESB - 9/10
RotJ - 8/10
TFA - 7/10
RotS - 6/10
TPM - 5/10
AotC - 4/10
>>
>>64127913
>if you can retain anything from movies you watch then you shouldn't be discussing it on this board
What the fuck are... wait... no... that does actually explain a lot about most posts on here.
>>
File: 1400228269481.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1400228269481.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>64127913

>episode 7.2/10
>episode 3 8/10

So is episode 4 a 10/10? A perfect achievement of cinema?
>>
>>64144345
3 is the best star wars movie though. Not even Hans I know or Vaders I am your father are better than this scene following through to order 66. https://youtu.be/_hoXNXSpmng
>>
>>64131085
>>64131085
>>64131085
this place is literally tumblr just flavored differently
>>
>>64127913 Well, that's just like, your opinion man.
>>
File: starwars7.jpg (2 MB, 1458x2160) Image search: [Google]
starwars7.jpg
2 MB, 1458x2160
Star wars E7 was shit and why?

-The entire script was just "a new hope" rehashed.
-In the other Star Wars films it was about politics, leadership and the fate of the galaxy. The Force Awakes is "wheres Luke skywalker?"
-Rey was a boring protagonist, she had no good traits, and was trying to be too feminist, to be considered likable.
-Finn was poorly written, I don't want to kill innocent people but fuck those who I trained with all my life.
-Poe... WAS HE SNORTING COKE OR SOME SHIT?
-Han Solo, Ford just tagging along for the money.
-Chewie, yeah we was the best of the film.
-Leia, Free Hugs!
-Kylo Ren, Gets angry, Destroys entire room, wonders why everyone treats him like a child with anger issues... MY DADDY NEVER LOVED ME!
-Luke Skywalker, did fuck all really.

Stupid as fuck plot holes.
-The first order arrive in the first scene, hold the village at gunpoint but let a fucking droid escape.
-Finn who struggles to shoot his blaster cripples a star destroyer.
-Turns out poe and Finn are the same body size, what are the odds.
-Rey enters the millennium falcon, learns to fly the ship in less then 30 seconds.
-Han Soles borrows lots of money from gangs, yet never explains where it went.
-Rey knows more about Hans ship then Han knows about his own ship.
-Kylo Ren destroying all that equipment, but its ok human resources will just fix that shit.
-Leia on no stop hug duty, she only there to fucking hug people.
-Han and Finn go to rescue Rey, who doesn't need rescuing anyways.
-New Death star Has no radar coverage what so ever, even allows 10 x-wings to just fly in and fuck it up.
-Han dies and everyone cries, X-wing pilots die and no one gives a fuck.
-Crack team of Teens and young adults make a plan to destroy a fucking big ass death star in 5 mins, will it took 3 months to create a plan to destroy death star 1.
-Finn can use a light saber with no training, and doesn't chop his limbs off.

South park was right, Disney did fuck it all up.
>>
If they hired an actress to play Rey it would have been 10 times better.
>>
>>64134704
Nope. Honestly 3D hasn't been worth shit since Avatar.
>>
5>4>6>3>7>1>2

This is the objectively correct order.
>>
File: J 002.jpg (138 KB, 786x1017) Image search: [Google]
J 002.jpg
138 KB, 786x1017
Not sure what to say...This movie was bad in several respects - as I agree with OP, but in a way that is good. I've sold my retro collectibles this week for a decent amount. So, I guess it's time to move on. For those of you who like the series - best of wishes, but I'm off to pursue other things.
>>
File: 1451133736017.webm (3 MB, 800x340) Image search: [Google]
1451133736017.webm
3 MB, 800x340
>>64127913
>implying prequels are better
>>
>>64147256
I would say the "objective" best order would probably be 5>4>6>7>3>2>1, based on general consensus.

My own order, though, would be 4>5>6>7>3>1>2
>>
>>64147256
>>64147361
I think the important thing is to always have 1 and 2 at the bottom, and 4 and 5 at the top, with 3, 6 and 7 in the middle.
You can mix them all around as much as you want within those areas, but as long as they keep to those tiers you're alright by me.
>>
>>64127913
I agree with you OP. Movie was bad. There are a lot of children / man children on tv that defend this turd movie.
>>
>>64144738
1. You're wrong
2. You're a fucking idiot
3. Jesus christ the CGI in that scene is absolutely atrocious.
>>
5 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 2

The only objective list in 2015 and beyond
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.