[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT7 vD8uAGEQ Reminder that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
File: episode-iii-opening-battle-02.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
episode-iii-opening-battle-02.jpg
124 KB, 1024x768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT7vD8uAGEQ

Reminder that this is the best space battle ever put to film. Nothing in TFA even comes close to this level of immersion in the Star Wars universe. It brilliantly introduces now content and expands the lore while staying true to the feel and tone of classic Star Wars. It isn't just throwing X-wings and TIE fighters at the screen and begging for nostalgia.

Fuck JJ Abrams and fuck The Marvalization of Star Wars
>>
it's so dense etc etc
>>
>>64119272
Space battle rankings:

BEST
Battle of endor
Battlw of Yavin
Coruscant
Naboo
Episode 7
>>
>>64119272
I remember hating the redesigns to the Jedi Starfighter, the one in episode 2 was actually cool.

Also the space battles in TFA sucked because the resistance didn't use anything other than X-Wings because they thought the audience would be confused if there were to many different types of ships.

I mean, they're doing a bombing run to destroy a structure and they don't bring any Y-Wing bombers with them?

We could have had some cool Y-Wing action dammit, but instead we got "The audience is too dumb foor Y-Wings"
I still loved the movie though, all the things I dislike about it are just minor nitpicks.
>>
>>64119886
I don't remember anything about the TFA battle except that Poe managed to do the final act of the core destruction all by himslef with no resistance from the first order
>>
>>64119940

I think that's because he flew inside the structure where they probably didn't think to have anti-aircraft weaponry?

The space battle in this was like the one in return of the jedi, it didn't really matter that much and was only there as framing for the Kylo/Han confrontation because it rhymes.
>>
what immersion? What's so immersive about two ships randomly spinning and flying through a crazy warzone and encountering no resistance or people trying to kill them? Hnnnghhh so immersive
>>
>>64119886
>>I mean, they're doing a bombing run to destroy a structure and they don't bring any Y-Wing bombers with them?

I seriously found this absolutely retarded while I was watching the movie

how the fuck is it a "BOMBING RUN" if you don't bring along any fucking BOMBERS?

jesus christ, the resistance should have been wiped out years ago if that's their idea of a good attack plan
>>
File: man.jpg (74 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
man.jpg
74 KB, 800x449
>>64119272
>Reminder that this is the battle that makes us remember what a great and skillful pilot Anakin really was, but I can't remember it because the only memorable scene about this shit is when Anakin impales 'younglings' with his lightsaber. Reminder that CGI-fest has stopped being interesting ever since 99. It is brilliant the level of autism that this board has in immersing itself on his own echo-chamber, just for the sake of being contrarian.

I'm sorry for you OP
>>
>>64120086

Yeah, that's only how the previous two Death Stars got blown up, no need to think about defenses the 3rd time around
>>
>>64119272
Looks fucking shit
The memeing destroyed your brains
>>
>>64119886
>I remember hating the redesigns to the Jedi Starfighter, the one in episode 2 was actually cool.
Wasn't the point that they were starting to look like TIE fighters?
>>
>>64120482
That was the V-Wings
>>
>>64120381
They had a shield generator on board the planet this time, they weren't expecting someone to hyperspace behind the shield.

They covered the two weakness of the first deathstars but fucked up again the third time.

>This time we'll cover up the "shoot here to blow up the whole thing" button with a giant hexagon
>And make the shield generator on the planet this time, so that there's no chance of people disabling our shields

>ok, anything else?

>NOPE

>>64120333

My internal head canon is that with the new republic downsizing most of the military, they probably had most of the fleet on hosnian prime which was destroyed with the fleet by starkiller, so maybe all they could get together was a few X-Wings.

I don't mind that much but it would have been nice just to have a few more lego sets based on star wars stuff, as it stands there really aren't that many new sets for TFA.

There's a surprising amount of snow trooper related lego stuff when we don't even see a single snowtrooper, or their snowspeeders. We see the new AT-ATs in a few shots but we don't know what they do exactly.

>>64120482

That was the point, but I didn't like the look of them at all.
>>
>>64120333
>implying most people would know a Y-wing is a bomber and not just a different looking small spaceship thing.

I think they just mirrored the lack of spacecraft diversity from Ep IV
>>
>>64119272
The good part of the battle was over for me as soon as the buzz droids appear.
>>
>>64120666
But satan, even a new hope had y wings and 1 different tie fighter
>>
>>64120745
this
>>
This is so funny now. People will slowly start to appreciate the prequels after this TFA steaming pile of shit.

Those sellout faggots at RLM will eat their own shit soon enough.
>>
>>64120580
>they can now hyperspace from inside a spaceship with closed doors and go directly behind shields

JJ's transwarp beam transporter equivalent for SW.
Why didn't the X-Wings just hyperjump behind the Starkiller shields?
>>
>>64120853
I've always loved Episode III and now it's pissing me off to see how many people who hated it before now like it after TFA
>>
File: an athlete.jpg (16 KB, 300x253) Image search: [Google]
an athlete.jpg
16 KB, 300x253
Defending the prequels isn't funny anymore. For the sake of /tv/ return to baneposting.
>>
>>64119272
>fuck The Marvalization (sic) of Star Wars

are you really implying the one shot cgi mess with no clear sides, stakes, or even any results of the battle is less "Marval" than TFA

lmao
>>
>>64120778
TFA had a black X-Wing and the Bat-Shuttle instead
>>
File: PloKoonOrder66.webm (3 MB, 936x400) Image search: [Google]
PloKoonOrder66.webm
3 MB, 936x400
>>64119886
Bro Koon still uses the older design. Gud taste.

>>64120317
You miss the part where Obi-Wan's ship got fucked with Buzz Droids and Anakin is trying to save him? Or the part where Oddball dies, and Anakin says he wants to go help?
>>
>>64120988
The ships that fire at the heroes are bad and the fly beside them and don't fire at them are good. The movie isn't great but when is hear shit like this and the whole "all the transformers look the same"(those movies are shit mind you) complaint I feel like you guys are just making stuff up to bitch about
>>
File: 1436806003484.png (174 KB, 414x343) Image search: [Google]
1436806003484.png
174 KB, 414x343
>Prequel apologists out in full force to buck the trend of normies enjoying star wars

Never change 4chan.

Cant wait til we start praising TFA and shitting on Rouge One.
>>
File: clapping sandwhiches.gif (151 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
clapping sandwhiches.gif
151 KB, 480x360
>>64119726
>>
>>64121001

Why would you design a missile to detonate in front of a fighter to drop little droids on the target to attack it, as opposed to just detonating on the target.
>>
>>64120918
Fuck that shitty movie with its wooden dialog with wooden delivery from people sitting on couches and offices interspersed with stupid pointless cgi sequences. TFA had at least entertaining dialogues.
>>
>>64121136
Because hitting with Missiles is harder to do, and shielding can resist it. Whereas the Buzzdroids get spread out like a net.

They're actually supposed to be spread onto large cruisers to tear them up, not usually on smaller ships.
>>
>>64121168
and better lightsaber battles, better emotional moments, more memorable characters...

the only thing it's lacking is in the space battle department
>>
>>64119886
dont forget about the based B-wing. And where were the tie interceptors and other forms of tie fighters?

The defense of Star Killer base (whatever it's fucking called) was mind boggling mute.
>>
>>64120853
I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain.
>>
>>64121168
>TFA had at least entertaining dialogues.
I, too, like Marvel-tier ebin quips.
>>
>>64121168
Return of the Jedi has the most wooden deliveries of any of the movies by a fucking mile. Look at all of Han Solo's scenes, and Leia's too.

You're blinded by nostalgia if you think otherwise.
>>
>>64119726
>Episode 7
this has no space battles.
>>
>>64121207
>and better lightsaber battles, better emotional moments, more memorable characters...
lol no.

Shit taste t͏͏b͏͏h f͏͏a͏͏m
>>
>>64121001
What video game is that from?
>>
>>64121168
Sod off with your RLM bullshit. While the Plinkett reviews of the prequels were entertaining, their review of TFA destroyed the meaning of the prequel reviews.
>>
>>64121255

>Shit taste t͏͏b͏͏h f͏͏a͏͏m

lol no.

Shit taste t͏͏b͏͏h f͏͏a͏͏m
>>
>>64121001
Order 66 is both the best and worst sequence in RotS

It's cool because you get to see a load of different shit in the SW universe in a relatively short period of time.

But it's also shit for being a "holy shit, we forgot the jedi are supposed to be extinct by the next movie. Quick, flip the switch that kills all the jedi"

>>64121213
>introduce new form of AT-AT
>it does nothing

Are they meant to be just troop transports or something, that would explain why there weren't scenes with them doing anything but it's a bit boring.

>>64121279
>I can't tell the difference between Plinkett reviews and HitB so it must be the same thing.
>>
>>64121273
DUDE EPIC AHAHA
>>
>>64121255
>III had better lightsaber fights

LMAO
i'm sure sheevspin has some appeal to the mentally handicapped and that video game at the end might have been cool if you were in middle school when it came out but I prefer something with weight
>>
>>64121299
>reddit trying to fit in
lol
>>
>>64121304

What? Order 66 made perfect sense to me

Sheev set everything up so he could topple the Jedi completely in one fell swoop, not have to deal with a long war

He beat them from within
>>
>>64121168
>TFA had at least entertaining dialogues
I'm sure it's tough waiting for the new Captain America so you can get your epic Tony Stark banter, but at least you got TFA to give you your fix of shitty Disney quips and one liners
>>
>>64121230
That part with Han and Finn talking about Thats not how the Force works or even the Finn BB8 thing was better than any of the dialogues from the PT. I really got some Han-Leia-EpV vibes from TFA .
>>
>>64120086
Here's the thing:
The room he blew up from the inside was literally just beneath the surface.
Basically, if they got some heavy artillery, they could have just bombarded the shit out of that part of the surface and got the same results, since strategic placement here or there, the wall still could be collapesed by satchel charges. Put enough turbo lasers at it, and it will crack, revealing the room under it.

Literally the only thing keeping the Starkiller Base's weakpoint safe, was the Shield. The same shield, which they didn't manage to turn back on after an officer turned it off, because apparently it has exactly one control panel on the entire planet sized station, and the same shield, that could be turned off on a whim by a single officer who doesn't even have armed guards.

I don't care how many times anyone will make the argument that "they didn't expect anyone to hyperspace behind it", that is not how military works, even in the shittiest of action movies.
The first Death Star ran a tighter ship than that, and they even wanted the protagonists to escape.
>>
I can't remember ONE space scene in TFA, besides the opening crawl.
>>
>>64121343
>That part with Han and Finn talking about Thats not how the Force works or even the Finn BB8 thing was better than any of the dialogues from the PT.
Just say you prefer the Marvelization of Star Wars.
>>
>>64121372
There is a very brief shot of the new Star Destroyer near the beginning, and then the whole Tie fighter escape.
But it's all done so quickly, with no real "soak it in" shots as usual with every single other Star Wars movie, that it's difficult to even recall much about it.
>>
>>64121356
the planet should have had 100 control stations but no everyone is on the north pole or some shit.
>>
>>64119272
Shoulda been the opening to Episode 1 m8
>>
>>64121448
Plus turning off the Shields (which again, is the only thing protecting the weak point from heavy artillery strikes) should have been the kind of thing where two to five people need to insert a key and turn it at the same time.
But nah, because we have to destroy the death star. Because we have to have one.
>>
>>64121383
Just admit that the Han-Leia banter in EpV were the best of the fun moments in SW. It's the 80s version of MCU quibs.
>>
>>64121429
Oh right, I forgot about the Finn/Poe bro escape.
And I guess there was the part where the Falcon escapes Jakku. The movie really falls apart after the first act if you think about it.
>>
File: silent_bob.jpg (13 KB, 131x220) Image search: [Google]
silent_bob.jpg
13 KB, 131x220
Is there anything more pathetic than Prequel defender? The irony missing in your posts is most disturbing.
>>
>>64121343
You're retarded, the dialogue was probably the worst part of the movie
>Poe and Finn talking and screaming in the tie pilot
>Poe with Kylo in the beginning
>Finn and Rey having that stupid back and fourth "No one trained you? That was amazing, etc after they killed the two ties
>The entirety of Maz
The whole movie was disneyfied marvel shit
>Jumping to hyperspace and exiting by doing stupid "wait....now!" when in ANH Han talks about how he has to make calculations for hyperspace
>Bigger Deathstar
>Rey learns to be a force master after 25 mins
>>
>>64121512
>Just turn you brain off bro, like marvel movies, Avengers 2 was sick
>>
>>64121429
>no real "soak it in" shots

that's the biggest problem with TFA, also so much stuff that's supposed to have emotional impact yet no resting time to let that emotion sink in.
>>
>>64119272
but this is trash. looks like the first level of halo 2. also why do their cannons load literally as if they were from the 20th century?
>>
>>64121592
>Poe and Finn talking and screaming in the tie pilot
>Finn and Rey having that stupid back and fourth "No one trained you? That was amazing, etc after they killed the two ties

b-but I liked that...
>>
>>64121625
>that strawman
enjoying that style of quibs doesn't mean I accept the stupid Marvel settings or plots
>>
File: han-solo-dance.jpg (101 KB, 615x334) Image search: [Google]
han-solo-dance.jpg
101 KB, 615x334
>>64121168
have you heard of HAN SOLO? HAN SOLO? didn't he fly the MILLENIUM FALCON? No, that was HAN SOLO? Who's HAN SOLO?
>>
>>64119886
>because they thought the audience would be confused if there were to many different types of ships.

This is factually incorrect. The Resistance only use X-Wings because they don't have access to other kinds of ships because they're a paramilitary group with limited funding
>>
>>64121773
>quibs
>thinking that it's only the setting or plots that are bad

school can't start sooner for you
>>
>>64119272

Too bad that shit loses all its momentum and just becomes two dudes flying in a straight line and talking 3 minutes in.
>>
>>64121202
>Shields can resist an explosion
>Can't stop buzz droids from just ripping apart the ship
Fucking lel.
>>
>>64119272

It's garbage.
>>
>>64121867
Welcome to science fiction
>>
>>64119272
All the unnecessary twirling... but the shots of the fights in the distance look cool
>>
>>64119272
This is actually the worst space battle in the entire series. Literally no stakes.
>>
>>64121919
No, welcome to poorly written shit that's more fantasy than science fiction.
>>
>>64119272

It looked pretty but it was fucking boring and went on way too long.

Like the entire movie really.
>>
>>64119272

Oh yeah, it's so dense, there's shit flying everywhere, great, just like my hero Micheal Bay.
>>
>>64119272
Only children put that over Endor's space battle
>>
>>64119272

Literally even Ep I had a better space battle than this.
>>
>>64121867
It's like the Battle of Hoth. Planetary shields can withstand orbital bombardments from a whole fleet but not stop landing ships and walkers
>>
>>64119272

I still don't get why nobody was shooting at them for like that entire scene.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.