[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Expecting Reddit to understand the brilliance of Joy. >Expecting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: fuck reddit.png (228 KB, 788x1135) Image search: [Google]
fuck reddit.png
228 KB, 788x1135
>Expecting Reddit to understand the brilliance of Joy.
>Expecting those manchildren to ever understand the female point of view.

Fuck them, at least /tv/ appreciates David O'Russell's latest gem.
>>
>going to plebbit
>talking about plebbit
kill yourself
>>
Stay on reddit faggot
>>
Joy is the singular great movie of the year.

No, I'm not trolling you cynical retards, this is the great American film we have been waiting for: a personalization of the modern entrepreneurial spirit hemmed and torn by familial obligations, social manipulation, capitalist exploitation and personal ambition. David O Russell throws every visual component of cinema into play, superb lighting and silhouette, perspective shots, dollies, floating steadicam, everything to explore the tumultuous effects of desperate industrialization on the human psyche.

If there is any fucking justice in the world, this will show up on the Sight&Sound list in decades to come as a truly insightful and heroic look at the price of modern individualism. Wow, this makes up for the whole of 2015. One of the shittiest years in recent memory ending on a high note the likes of which have not been seen in decades.
>>
David O. Russell is the epitome of Reddit.
>>
>>64114631

You have to go back
>>
>>64114727
This guy gets it
>>
>there are now people posting on this board who like david russell

[CAN'T WAKE UP]
just kidding, you think that 4/10 bait is gonna fly just because we hate the guy, you linked reddit (oh and go back btw) and we know he's a hack?

you can do better than this
>>
>>64114978
The Fighter, The Silver Linings, American Hustle, and Joy are the most exciting hollywood movies since the 50s, they are a bit overrated sure but the reddit crowd just cant stomach his conservative middle american values
>>
>>64115158
>most exciting

dude just stop, you're fucking terrible at this
>>
>>64114727
Mad Max Fury Road was better.
>>
>>64114631
Joy is top 5 MOTY for sure. Not Russell's best, but still very good
>>
>it's a "liking a flick ironically" meme thread

Kek m8. The films plot is trash and no amount of circle jerking basic film techniques changes that. It's about a strong woman who doesn't take "no" for an answer.
>>
I'm all for contrarianism, but I draw the fucking line at anything involving David O. Russell or Jennifer Lawrence. Literally die.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.