[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Get in here, Lucas bros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80
File: Star-Wars-George-Lucas.jpg (348 KB, 1562x941) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-George-Lucas.jpg
348 KB, 1562x941
This thread is dedicated to George Lucas. The true vision behind Star Wars and the man who unfortunately sold the rights to satan of filmmaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs

TFA shilling goes in Reddit.
>>
>>63993294
>>
So, I took the screenplay and divided it into three stories, and rewrote the first one. As I was writing, I came up with some ideas for a film about robots, with no humans in it. When I got to working on the Wookiee, I thought of a film just about Wookiees, nothing else. So, for a time, I had a couple of odd movies with just those characters. Then, I had the other two films, which were essentially split into three parts each, two trilogies. When the smoke cleared, I said, 'This is really great. I'll do another trilogy that takes place after this.' I had three trilogies of nine films, and then another couple of odd films. Essentially, there were twelve films.
>>
>>63998566
>a creator goes through different visions during production
Wow, it's almost like Lucas' Star Wars movies weren't the same calculated soulless movies as the Disney one.
>>
>who unfortunately sold the rights to satan of filmmaking.
Your hero sold the rights to Disney cause he knew they were the only ones who'd get it right, according to his words
>>
>>63998619
Not really. He was just tired of being told he was wrong all the time so he sold it to a company that knows how to manipulate people into thinking their trash is good. Hell, he still wanted to write a story for VII even after he sold it. Disney rejected it in favor of something soulless.
>>
>>63998619
In Lucas' words, roughly, I don't claim to remember exactly, Star Wars VII was the movie "the fans wanted." That's clearly a stealth insult
>>
>>63998661
It is. He stated numerous times earlier he's more interested in writing a story than just pleasing fans. It's the correct approach to have but not one appreciated by the generation Entitled.
>>
>>63998472
"A Satan of filmmaking!?" eh ? What's that supposed to mean ? TFA is good & fun film of its own term !!!
>>
Let's face it. No moment in the Disney shitfest will ever trump this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRgXGigPKuc

It will all be calculated "fun" for the masses with no weight or consequence. Even when characters die, it comes off as something mundane and entertaining. The Disney movies are going to rape the Star Wars IP to death.
>>
File: Very-Young-George-Lucas.jpg (36 KB, 402x500) Image search: [Google]
Very-Young-George-Lucas.jpg
36 KB, 402x500
Why is he so handsome bros?
>>
>>63998679
>generation entitled
I'm the one you replied to and I'm 18.
>>
>>63998703
>copypaste ANH, steal every plot element there is
>instead of memorable cast of ANH, instead insert forced diversity even when the actors don't look the part
>rest of the movie is capeshit-like "fun" moments of them making shitty puns

Disney isn't making films. They are making a product for the masses. TFA is a product, in which Disney suits calculated every risk/reward and eventually settled on the maximum gain for the least amount of work. That's why they are satan of filmmaking.
>>
>>63998731
>people young enough to be your grandson post on 4chainz

welp time to kill myself
>>
>>63998711
I am prepared for the Star Wars Cinematic Universeā„¢
>>
>>63998731
You don't represent the majority of your age.
>>
>>63998730
>Those eyes filled with passion
Where did it all go so wrong
>>
File: 1448856619826.jpg (52 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1448856619826.jpg
52 KB, 720x480
>>63998793
That's why I come here. Please don't remind me. But then it could be>>63998769 worse.
>>
File: lucas_web_2010_a_l.jpg (61 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
lucas_web_2010_a_l.jpg
61 KB, 675x380
>tfw the age of directors has now become the age of studios
>>
>atleast its not as bad as the prequels
no, its worse
>>
File: George+Lucas.jpg (19 KB, 212x320) Image search: [Google]
George+Lucas.jpg
19 KB, 212x320
>>63998730
Stupid sexy George Lucas
>>
>>63998661
Definitely. I wonder if he just sold the franchise to Disney as a big fuck you to the fans, for all their criticism. Now we're stuck with mickey mouse versions of Star Wars.
>>
>>63998868
This.
>>
File: lucas-young.jpg (70 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
lucas-young.jpg
70 KB, 620x349
Star Wars was a world that came about from constant ideas and visions being thrown around and changed.

The Force Awakens is a product careful focus testing and market studies to maximize potential revenue. Even when Lucas missed the mark, it wasn't because it was a cynical move to make as much money as possible. It was because his vision didn't work the entire way. That's a far more honorable way of failing than the Disney way.
>>
File: 1450867868748.png (27 KB, 83x130) Image search: [Google]
1450867868748.png
27 KB, 83x130
>>63998839
>THESE HAPPY DAYS ARE YOURS AND MINE
>>
>>63998823
But he's wearing dark sunglasses
>>
File: star wars.jpg (364 KB, 1232x697) Image search: [Google]
star wars.jpg
364 KB, 1232x697
>>
File: 1449979475546.jpg (58 KB, 534x361) Image search: [Google]
1449979475546.jpg
58 KB, 534x361
>>63999008
kek'd out loud at that top image of JJ
>>
TFA does nothing. It doesn't even need to exist. It doesn't contribute anything to popular culture. It's completely stagnant, working more as a mirror than a light. Its existence can be boiled down to reducing the mass audience to drones.
>>
>>63998925
W. T. F. ? Lucas made SW to make money. Did you suddenly forgot Ewoks and Jar Jar mate? It is one thing to not like the nuSW. Its another to be deluded assblasted sourgrapes autists. Let go of it. Watch adult movies, made for adults. Or stop watching movies alltogether. Wtf, mate. Wtf.
>>
>>63999008
>that Sheev
ayy
>>
>>63999132
Sidious was the best part of the prequels and why the Disney movies will never even be as good as the prequels. I don't know why he became a meme. Ian's performance is legit.
>>
>>63998472
Lucas wrote the story but Star wars only became what it is because of ralph mcquarrie and john williams
>>
>>63999176
He's a meme because he's over the top and entertaining as hell, and his confrontation with the jedi masters is one of the most memorable scenes in all of Star Wars.

>ARE YOU THREATENING ME, MASTER JEDI?
>I AM THE SENATE!
>>
File: French proto-Star Wars.jpg (39 KB, 450x234) Image search: [Google]
French proto-Star Wars.jpg
39 KB, 450x234
>>63999187
Not bad, you might be able to impress a lot of plebs and normalfaggots with that basic trivia but I bet you can't tell me what pic related is.
>>
>>63999187
It is the director that enables the talent of the team. John Williams scored TFA aswell and it was forgetable shit.
>>
>>63999253
I am not him, what is it?
>>
>>63999280
Valerian and Laureline. If your frog-speak is solid it might be worth a look.
>>
File: valerian_t02_pg30.jpg (233 KB, 800x512) Image search: [Google]
valerian_t02_pg30.jpg
233 KB, 800x512
>>63999302
interesting, just googled the comic, found this page.

how much did Lucas steal from french comics?
>>
>>63998661

I wonder how George is going to feel when people look back at TFA in five+ years and think "Wow this was actually embarrassingly mediocre."

Pretty smug, probably. But a bitter, wounded sort of smug.

>>63998925

Okay but to be real though Goerge has always had one foot clearly planted on the marketing ticket when designing characters. In that respect he is just like Disney. While I have no doubt the Disney milkmachine will run with a clinical efficiency that would put George to shame, I somehow doubt they (or whoever with creative control that they hire) will be as good at the actual designing part as Lucas was.

Basically what I'm saying is, I'll take a Grievous action figure over a Kylo action figure any fucking holiday of the year.
>>
File: kircheis.jpg (107 KB, 741x1056) Image search: [Google]
kircheis.jpg
107 KB, 741x1056
>>63999398
>yfw Lucas takes the role of a bitter fan who nitpicks every single part of the new movies to the point of absurdity
I'd pay to watch that. It would be his own revenge on the brain-dead fans.
>>
>>63999176

It can be both legit and absurd memefuel at the same time, anon.

It's what some actors might call "selling it."

With the right dialogue, the right delivery, and the right shot, anything can be sold.
>>
File: lucas face.png (146 KB, 259x391) Image search: [Google]
lucas face.png
146 KB, 259x391
why does he literally look like he's from a galaxy far far away?
>>
>>63999398
>>63999437
I think it's pretty good of Lucas not to participate in any kind of criticism towards Disney. Lucas talking about what he does and doesn't like about the new one in some kind of extended interview or something would be interesting stuff but he's staying out of it and I respect that. If it were me I'd be tearing the movie a new asshole.
>>
>/tv/ now thinks the prequel trilogy is great

Fuck me I thought the shit taste contrarianism was restricted to just /v/.
>>
File: 684846.jpg (57 KB, 1075x649) Image search: [Google]
684846.jpg
57 KB, 1075x649
>>63998472
GL was a genius and he did sell to satan thanks to all of the redlettermedia millennial c.cucks. Thanks faggots. Now you can add SW to another form of modern day propaganda starting with the shit show that is TFA.
>>
>>63999459
What's up with his hair? Why it got perfect as he aged?
>>
File: 26562.jpg (66 KB, 704x476) Image search: [Google]
26562.jpg
66 KB, 704x476
>>63999533
Why is 99% of media propaganda now you ask?

Post-modern elites (aka cultural marxists and their "useful idiots" the SJWs) have an agenda that isn't simply to mix races or eliminate a race. Their point is to disrupt social cohesion and any form of hierarchical or traditional social structure that could supersede government's authority. Whether it be marriage, the nuclear family, religion, cultural identity (usually identified by race or nationality), etc. any that can compete or overrule the state and pulls away control of the people, must be destroyed to further grow its power and influence. There are different methods of doing this but takes a lot of time to study and explain the impact of several race/class based policies. If you ever watch Thomas Sowell you'll know he explains some of it.

Yes, different races /could/ get along together in a society but that is not what we see. Why is that? Well, aside from racial determinism, we see special interest groups promoting the idea of victimized or disenfranchised minorities. A natural growth between different groups are impeded and instead forced artificial interaction disrupts the norm. This is generally done for political advantages and a moral high-ground. This causes enmity between races or classes while providing a platform for these manipulators, through the old rhetoric of egalitarianism, to create programs that benefit themselves in the guise of "doing good" for the minority or downtrodden.

While, some people are indeed well meaning most of them aren't able to either recognize or cope with the fact that the ideas they push for are unsuccessful and even destructive (welfare, $15 minimum wage, affirmative action etc.). Furthermore these people are continuously fed more rhetoric by the "elite" groups (businesspersons e.g. bankers, cartels, politicians and community leaders e.g. Jesse Jackson, BLM, Green Party) to continue pushing for these policies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
>>
>>63999485
I think Lucas will probably just move on now. He's given the fans what they wanted so their frustration is no longer directed at him. It's directed at a big company that can deal with it. He will probably just move on and do other shit. If I was him, I'd poke fun at all the drones like RedditLetterMedia who nitpicked the prequels to death while being ok with massive flaws in TFA because it's a ANH copypasta.
>>
>>63999373
>how much did Lucas steal from french comics?
About as much as he stole from Dune
>>
https://youtu.be/xCKc-K_aj6k
>>
>>63999531
prequels aren't great but they are atl east original and tried to expand the universe with new worlds and concept.

new Star Wars is just a really good remaster Remix with the greatest hits fans will jerk off to.
>>
>>63999531
I always liked it. Disliking the prequels was always a meme-opinion, now the masses are waking up. The next step is to make people see that:

A New Hope >>>>>>> Empire Strikes Back
>>
Honestly, George is a tortured genious. I think he tried to put the vision in his head onto the canvas but he wasn't as good of aj artist as his mind hoped.
>>
I am sorry George for shitting on you.

TFA sucks buffalo's steamy shit!
>>
>>63999568
That guy is tired as fuck. Even back then, he had enough of that shit. And that was before the Internet became mainstream.
>>
>>63999648
You mean he writes like an autistic person who've never seen two normal people interacting?
>>
Supergirl
Rey
Jessica Jones etc. etc.

Why are all the characters getting promoted as femminist STRONK WOMINZ getting blacked?

Hmm. Wonder if it's related.
>>
>>63999437

I think people would just interpret that as a poor attempt to disguise sincere saltiness under the guise of satire of what happened to him.

But in any case, while George is a prideful man, I'm sure he's made his peace. Whether the fans applaud his absence or cry for his return, it is of no consequence to him now. He's free.
>>
>an alternate universe exists in which the prequels were well-received by critics and fanboys alike and George went on to make Episodes 7-12

Why even live
>>
so i just re-watched the prequels and i have to say these actually get a lot of undeserved hate. you can tell there was love and craft put into these worlds. varied creatures, some of the most alien and beautiful worldbuilding i've ever seen. yeah the script is bad but holy shit these settings and designs are beautiful. these are a work of a man who cares deeply for star wars.

>phantom menace
character design - 10/10
world building - 10/10
plot - 7/10

>clone
character design - 9/10
world building - 10/10
plot - 5/10

>sith
character design - 10/10
world building - 10/10
plot - 7/10

i would rank them above all well above TFA, below the OT.
>>
>>63999485
Yes, he's letting nature take its own course. And it'll be glorious. Looking forward to "glib facsimile" enter common parlance.
>>
File: lucas4.jpg (255 KB, 709x913) Image search: [Google]
lucas4.jpg
255 KB, 709x913
>>
>>63999713
TFA simply isn't Star Wars. Everyone keeps saying "Oh it's just like ANH, it's Star Wars". No fuck off. That makes it a poor imitation of Star Wars. Lucas atleast had some semblance of understanding for Star Wars. It meant discovery, journey and coming of age. TFA isn't that. There is no discovery. It's stagnant. There is no journey, it's all calculated "fun". If Lucas had made the new trilogy, it would've atleast been something new and upredictable.
>>
>>63999686
>actors performances and their character's interactions must be realistic
Go watch your Daniel Day Lewis movies you gigapleb.
>>
>>63999745
>If Lucas had made the new trilogy, it would've atleast been something new and upredictable.
I am fucking bummed we'll never ever get the opportunity now to watch another Lucas-led trilogy, ever, rather than the soulless mass-market yearly trash we'll now get for the next 20 years. Yes, the prequels were kinda poor but it was a learning process from him as well. Revenge was a clear step up from the other two films, and he has shown a clear willingness to learn. On his creativity, the series prospers or dies. He is an auteur in the truest sense of the word.
>>
File: star wars ren.jpg (35 KB, 598x299) Image search: [Google]
star wars ren.jpg
35 KB, 598x299
Can't put in words how much better even the worst prequel is than this 7 shit. I hate all those underage and NeoFAGs so much pretending 7 is better or actually good.

The worst thing is Ren. He looks like a potato and his "personality" only consists of tantrums that already became a joke/running gag in this very movie itself with storm troopers ignoring and avoiding him like in one of the cartoons.

He is terribly written, doesn't just beat Rey with his force powers when he did it 30 minutes earlier (meybe he couldn't because Rey has better force powers than him, in both cases the writing is absolutely terrible, obviously). There is no way they can come up with a good reason why he even decided to join the dark side. And it makes no sense at all that he adors Vader. Luke must have told him Vader was actually good and became a force ghost at the end unless the writing is even worse than I think.

Not to mention that "YOU FEAR THAT YOU'LL NEVER BE AS POWERFUL AS VADER" => tantrum was one of the most childish and Naruto tier shit scenes I've ever seen in a movie.

How dumb do you actually have to be to think Episode VII is great and defend it?
>>
File: 468846486.jpg (158 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
468846486.jpg
158 KB, 1200x900
>>63999693
The main dogma behind race-mixing and mass imigration is Divide and Conquer. Mono-ethnic societies come to similar conclusions about pretty much everything, where as different ethnicities within one nations see the world very differently, all having different moral settings and goals and views. Thus, there can never be one united populace against anything, making a true revolution increasingly hard, the more diverse a society is. While the populous is getting backstabbed by it's politicians and the powers that control them, people will be caught in fighting each other and blaming other groups.

For a portion of the populace, the immigrants will be the enemy. For others, rightwingers will be the enemy. Some will find their enemy in feminisists, capitalists, communists, SJWs, nazis, Muslims, gays, homophobes etc.

This is exactly what the powers that be want; they want all of us fighting eachother, fighting the symptoms of a perverted system instead of unifying and fighting the cause of this perversion: the powers that be.

Its a war on two fronts:

create great seperation in all areas, seperation where there was none before AND overwhelm the populace with uncertainty, insecurity. This goes from actuall physical insecurity, e.g. terrorism, financial insecurity, SJW tension building - an invisible enemy that can never be defeated, inflicting permanent insecurity onto the populace. And it goes down to personal insecurities - there was and is an agenda against the family, to dismantle family bonds. Growing up without a dad or with degenerate values, makes you as a person less stable. Everywhere we are submitted to brainwash, telling us sex is what we live for - "cheating is not bad, you only live once so screw your girlfriend of 5 years and have random sex" etc.
But also your sexuality is under constant attack - we are being brainwashed in thinking, that nothing is certain. Not even your gender anymore.

We need a change. We need someone to blow up the system.
>>
File: fetal alcohol syndrome.jpg (17 KB, 330x327) Image search: [Google]
fetal alcohol syndrome.jpg
17 KB, 330x327
>>63999886
All the actors are (literally) physically retarded in some way. No idea why they did this, though.
>>
>>63999886
NeoFag and Reddit loves this BECAUSE it's racemixing propaganda. They love that shit. They don't care about the actual movie. It's just politics to them.
>>
>>63998472
>he'll never make another Star Wars just because of whining mainstream retards too dumb to understand them and understand they're cheesy on purpose

>now we have this edgy, terribly written J.J. shit

Fuck.
>>
>>63999723
>these people exist
>>
>>63999934
Oh what would I give for him to appear in 8 after two minutes because he was brought back to life, kill all the bad guys and just end our suffering.
>>
>>63999844
>there will never be another Lucas SW movie
I think JJ Abrams would've been a perfect director with Lucas acting like an idea man.
>>
>>63999723

You disingenuous cretin. You know very well the plot of all the prequel movies is abysmal. It's basically 2 movies of filler to get to episode 3 then Lucas fucks that up by making anakin's descent to the dark side banal, random, and confusing.

You're giving phantom menace 10/10 for character design, on what grounds? Racist Jamaican alien caricature number 1? Racist Jewish alien caricature number 2? Fuck off.

You're another holier than thou, hipster contrarian douchebag who wants to pretend he likes something other people don't to appear smart. You're not smart you're a fucking liar.
>>
>>63999844
>that iconic as fuck ROTS ending with the children scattered among the stars and Vader watching the Death Star being built
It's a shame his lesson came so late. ROTS is a perfectly decent SW movie. It shouldn't even be regarded as part of the two previous movies as it is such an immense improvement. If he had made VII and carried the things he learned from ROTS, it's possible the movies would've been the best SW movies made. But fuck if Disney gives a shit.
>>
File: 43664623.jpg (187 KB, 954x722) Image search: [Google]
43664623.jpg
187 KB, 954x722
>>63999916
Yet the hollywood jews and news media demonize the nazis for ethnocentrism... while jews are perhaps the most militantly ethnocentric group on earth.

Israel doesn't even grant citizenship without familial confirmation and DNA tests. They also sterilize North African refugees. Google it.

The world has gone mad.
>>
File: that 10 out of 10 casting.png (328 KB, 748x491) Image search: [Google]
that 10 out of 10 casting.png
328 KB, 748x491
>>63999970
>intelligent people exist
Yeah. They rare but they exist.
>>
>>63999888
is this propaganda from that weird aryanism.net/ site?
>>
>>63999984
But JJ isn't even a good director.

A good director wouldn't have rushed everything, he would have let the audience and characters breathe for a second.

A good director wouldn't have dragged out the final scene with Luke for far longer than he should have, almost making it awkward.

JJ just gets carried by everyone else who worked on this movie.

Hell, I personally could have directed this better.
>>
>>64000011
is this propaganda from that awesome digitsanism.net/ site?
>>
>>63999970
His ratings are a little kind imo but the sentiment is spot on

I'd much rather rewatch the prequels than the OT
>>
>>63999984
JJ is awful. Fuck him. The little creative freedom Disney gav him, he squandered it on needless diversity and muh strong feminist lead. Not even Lucas as so delusional as have some untrained fucking punk stand up against a disciple of Sith.
>>
File: 2566423.jpg (76 KB, 664x630) Image search: [Google]
2566423.jpg
76 KB, 664x630
>>63999986
HOW DARE YOU LIKE SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE????
>>
Autism General?
>>
File: 1450845814846.jpg (450 KB, 889x1180) Image search: [Google]
1450845814846.jpg
450 KB, 889x1180
>>64000094
>Star Wars VII is a good movie
>>
>>63998619
Disney just happened to be the only company that could afford Star Wars.
>>
>>63999986
remainder that fans loved the prequels until the internet told them to hate them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaaa_OBkzw&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>64000011
No, it's reality of the world we live in now. Try using your head for more than a hat rack.

The First Order is Abrams' and Kasdan's vision of what white people are like when they aren't under the watchful eye of international Jewry.

Kasdan said in an interview that he and JJ asked themselves what it would be like if the Nazis had gone to Argentina and regrouped after WWII.

From birth, Jews are raised with this idea that homogeneous white societies will inevitably result in goose-stepping, ethnic cleansing, and warmongering. And I could understand that outlook if history had begun in 1930. But the truth is, whites are the most egalitarian and least barbaric group in human history.

That's what frustrates many of us when Jewish Hollywood sensibilities become accepted norms. They're slanted (indeed, prejudiced), and their bias goes unchallenged by everyone.

The First Order is a Jewish take on ultimate evil. ALL because modern Jews are obsessed with Shoah. It has gotten boring. It's stale. I wish we could get a more nuanced view of evil, but that won't happen because show-biz Jews always find a way of politicizing everything... to their benefit.
>>
>>63998868
I was hoping Mickey would make an appearance in the new one. Maybe as a replacement for Yoda.
>>
File: jodorowsky.jpg (26 KB, 646x374) Image search: [Google]
jodorowsky.jpg
26 KB, 646x374
When movies become nothing more than political tools, they die. The prequels were about a political dispute. That's the story. Whereas the politics in TFA is carefully hidden, only meant to subtly influence the viewers without their knowledge of it. That's why this movie is empty. It exists as a vessel for political opinions, not as a movie. Its creative decisions are based on politics, not creativity. The politics were part of the creativity in the prequels and the creativity is politics in TFA.
>>
>>64000158
I think that I remember a couple of the control centre nerds being Indian or something. And we don't see the faces of the stormtroopers, only them being called stormtroopers and nazi saluting kind of kills that point.
>>
>>63999981
That would be fucking awesome... so that means it won't happen.

8 will be about a transgender sand person and a protocol droid that is getting bullied.
>>
Just watched Graffiti and liked it a lot, going to watch despecialized tomorrow night
Rock on Lucas bros, wish I could participate in discussions but I've got to be somewhere
>>
File: 1406248015414s.jpg (6 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1406248015414s.jpg
6 KB, 250x241
>compare two scenes from the originals and the prequels
>it just shows that lucas just copied scenes from the originals as a "nod to the originals"
>add emotional music
>DUDE THIS VIDEO IS SO BEAUTIFUL TIME TO SHARE THIS ON REDDIT
>>
File: j466u4.jpg (48 KB, 577x475) Image search: [Google]
j466u4.jpg
48 KB, 577x475
>>64000189
I loved the evil white stormtrooper with his police baton and riot shield beating down the poor brave black man.

Didn't you?

So subtle.
>>
>>63999934
I hate Sand its course and rough and it gets everywhere fuck that i liked tfa at least kylo could act
>>
File: 1450560159483.jpg (13 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1450560159483.jpg
13 KB, 400x300
>>64000232
Did you see the evil, ugly racist bad guy with a mask, holding his flaming cross?

Subtle as fuck.

Pottery.
>>
>>63998679
Except the stories he created for episodes I-III were horseshit.

Fuck all happens in Episode II. Fuck all happens for the first hour and a half of III, before George remembered that he had to get everyone in their right places for the start of ANH.
>>
>>64000189
I thought easily the Jewiest line in the movie was Finn saying, "They took me from a family I'll never know."

Such a hamfisted way of politicizing a character. And it also explains why JJ thought it would be le progressive to make Finn black. Because he was a slave! Bravo!

I hate seeing myth (which should be a truly universal story about good and evil) used to score glib political points in a glib facsimile.
>>
>>64000232
This shit just devalues the movie. It no longer becomes something timeless and classic. It becomes a product of modern culture. It's literally IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR: THE MOVIE. There is nothing about this that transcends culture. Like stated earlier, it's a mirror. Not a light. The earlier Star Wars movies brought something new to culture, even if not everything about it was liked. TFA is just a mirror of culture. A mis-mash of safe ideas that have carefully focus-tested to maximize revenue.
>>
>>63998839
Look how many Jews are at that table. Conniving. Plotting. Cucking.
>>
File: mac_tonight.gif (168 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mac_tonight.gif
168 KB, 300x300
Finn
>lives off government funds his whole life
>educated by the government
>raised by government personnel
>realizes he has to work so he runs away
>macks on first white girl he sees
>gets beat up by tonfa wielding riot cop

Rae
>hardened muggers? beat them up!
>abandoned on a desert planet? survive alone!
>always has the right ideas
>marksmanship despite firing one-handed
>defeats laser bolt freezing sith in lightsaber combat

Bravo, JJ. Bravo!
>>
>>64000232
I fucking love based riot trooper, i want a prequel movie about him
>>
File: IMG_98739011052301.jpg (59 KB, 641x500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_98739011052301.jpg
59 KB, 641x500
>>63999008
Is this meant to say that 4chan started out as a novel and original idea that was a which was great and loved by all but then as time went on, it became increasingly shit? If so, I can see the parallels.

I kid, 4chan was never great
>>
File: padme.jpg (11 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
padme.jpg
11 KB, 320x320
>>64000265
They were atleast something new. The politics plot is actually clever and if people didn't pretend to be retarded, it's perfectly understandable. And above all, the prequels were something new. It had new memorable characters. It had new memorable worlds. TFA is literally ANH with SJW cast instead. That's it. Nobody is going to remember Finn or Rey or whatever. They aren't meant to be remembered. They are only there to please an audience for two hours before the audience goes home to update their Facebook and Reddit pages that the new SW movie did in fact not trigger their sensibilities.
>>
>>64000349
I can't into English. Back to drinking.
>>
File: Ben-Garrison1.jpg (2 MB, 1000x845) Image search: [Google]
Ben-Garrison1.jpg
2 MB, 1000x845
>>64000348
>yfw it's Ben "Empty My 9 at the Welfare Line" Garrison
>>
>>64000360
The most damning critique of TFA comes from a glowing review:

It's a soft reboot.

There. It is nothing new, it is a save the cat formulaic plot, standing on the foundation of nostalgia. In countries where this nostalgia does not exist, it could not even get to #1 in the box office. Without 'I recognize that' it does not stand on its own.

The reason why there is so much anger here is that this is the future of Hollywood. Even Star Wars: space samurai that can turn into talking ghosts, can't do anything new. Beside gender and race flipping the rebooted characters to deflect criticism. To call it out is to be sexist and racist.
>>
Five years from now, what will people remember from VII? Five years after Ep1 and everyone still remembered Darth Maul, pod racing and Qui-Gon even if the movie was disliked. What will people remember from the new one?
>>
>singaporean
>watch the movie
>keep telling my gf what a dumb nigger Boyega is
>white people there keep looking at me while other chinks dont give a fuck
>movie ends
>J J ABRAMS on the screen
>I shout BRAVO ABRAMS
>white kid with her asian bf pats me on the back
>excuse me but i think its rude to use the N word
>i tell her "Do you see any niggers around? Go home and complain on tumblr"
>she gasps at me and urges her boyfriend to do something
>told him in mandarin "keep your pet on a leash, you race traitor"
>walk off
>my gf tells me i'm an asshole
>i tell her to stop going to reddit or she'll have to take the cab back home
>i wrap my hand around her and tell her, just kidding you know i love you babe
>she just keeps quiet
>>
>>64000479
And then you woke up and were still a beta gook.
>>
>>64000360

Yeah. I'm actually glad at the way Palpatine assent to power was portrayed, I don't think there could've been a better portrayal of Sheev's intelligence and diabolical nature. The way he controls, pulls the string of a war ... a war in which he's at the helm of both sides....

Has such an original narrative ever been told?

And now... now what do we get? A stupid glib facsimile of ANH
>>
>>64000460
Kylo's saber
>>
>>64000479
I too enjoy making up stories for my friends on my Nepalese basket-weaving forums.
>>
George Lucas painted by Drew Struzan
>>
File: 64886484.jpg (70 KB, 616x694) Image search: [Google]
64886484.jpg
70 KB, 616x694
>>64000011
Are people really this ill informed?

Simple very recent example...

George Stephanopoulos was the Clinton's right hand man for many years, their primary adviser during Bill's campaign and after. He is now an "unbiased news man" that you go to for your "unbiased news".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stephanopoulos#Clinton_Administration

The mainstream media attacked Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney for saying Putin and Russia was still a threat to the US... remember that?

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/01/clinton-criticizes-romneys-remarks-on-russia/

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/mitt-romney-says-russia-is-no-1-geopolitical-foe/

http://politic365.com/2012/06/04/who-has-said-stupider-things-mitt-romney-or-sarah-palin/

That was a HUGE deal. They were "trying to restart the cold war". Saturday Night Live... "I can see Russia from my house HA HA HA".

Now see the Clinton/NWO elite plant attacking Trump simply because Putin said he liked Trump.

DO YOU SEE HOW INSANE THIS IS?

Watch Trump DESTROY this fool. DESTROY HIM. This is what will win him the election. This is beautiful.

You CAN NOT watch this, knowing who is who and what is what and not become a Trump supporter. This is dirty, dirty stuff and Trump is clowning them.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXDSJCdfX8k
>>
>>64000460
Death of Han Solo.
I didn't see it, so I can't say more.
>>
>>64000623
THX 1138 = so underrated
>>
>>64000647
Everyone already forgot about that. The scene was shit.
>>
>>64000638
/pol/ get out of my Lucas thread.
>>
>>64000647
Not important, everybody already forgot it.
>>
File: 1445313927531.jpg (126 KB, 1429x594) Image search: [Google]
1445313927531.jpg
126 KB, 1429x594
>>64000460
The Tie Fighter escape scene, the first time the X-Wings get in the middle of it, Maz's shitty bar, Han Soloreuniting with his beloved son
>>
File: 1449331391175.jpg (40 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1449331391175.jpg
40 KB, 320x320
>>64000686
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make posts like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by making stupid posts that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.
>>
File: 1447929520184.gif (617 KB, 664x550) Image search: [Google]
1447929520184.gif
617 KB, 664x550
>>64000657
It's really an amazing movie. I'd say that it's one of the best dystopia's presented in fiction, and probably the one that's most applicable to modern life.
>>
>>64000686
I think that /pol/friend's theory of the powers' plans for us might resemble THX1138 to some degree. /pol/friend, what do you think? Do our reptillian overlords want us drugged, numb, producing and consuming for the sake of it?
>>
File: 1450832011041.gif (73 KB, 500x753) Image search: [Google]
1450832011041.gif
73 KB, 500x753
>>64000189
>political tools
it wasn't like this less than 30 years ago... these 6 companies were thousands of smaller ones
>>
File: 1450831843591.png (235 KB, 2092x1270) Image search: [Google]
1450831843591.png
235 KB, 2092x1270
>>64000852
>>
>>64000731
I barely remember any of those scenes. And I watched it just a few days ago. The TIE fighter scene was pretty damn stupid though.
>>
File: 1428371113730.jpg (31 KB, 300x263) Image search: [Google]
1428371113730.jpg
31 KB, 300x263
>Prequel appreciation
>/pol/ bait

Great thread guys.
>>
>>64000874
Remember, Jews make up less than 2% of the US population.
>>
>>64000877
It only came out a few days ago. How many times have you watched the other Star Wars films by comparison?
>>
>>63999008
4chan is indeed quite shitty
>>
File: kawaii Lucas.webm (2 MB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
kawaii Lucas.webm
2 MB, 720x406
>>
>>63999723
AOTC is actually my favorite prequel. I love the Blade Runner-ish look of Courosant and everything on Kimino. And Jango was extermly well executed.
>>
By integrating themes of manipulation, war, and betrayal, George Lucas built concepts that were more intricate and morally ambiguous than the original trilogy. The pace and tone are far different from the originals, such as Attack of the Clonesā€™ Obi-Wan/Kamino detective plot, which adds in elements of both noir and hard science fiction. In many ways, I think thatā€™s a good thing; they dare to be different.

The only real problem is that Lucas didnā€™t have someone overhaul his dialogue prior to shooting.
>>
>>64000925
I think I've seen Ep1 by a total of two times since it came out. Yet I remember plenty about it.
>>
The prequels were far more textured and had far more heart then TFA.

Here's a good rundown.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2146245/star-wars-prequels-defense-may-the-fourth/
>>
File: BIN-AL-FLECK.jpg (85 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
BIN-AL-FLECK.jpg
85 KB, 400x395
http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/george-lucas-delivers-a-verdict-on-force-awakens.html

>ā€œI think the fans are going to love it,ā€ he said. ā€œItā€™s very much the kind of movie theyā€™ve been looking for.ā€

Let's face it. Lucas hates TFA for just being nothing but fanservice.
>>
goddamnit i miss george. didn't think i would so much until i watched that train wreck last weekend.
>>
>>64001107
We've all known that from the moment that comment dropped. You can feel the spite immediately.

>the kind of movie they've been looking for
He's barely hiding that he means "let the plebs revel in their shallow nostalgia-trip."
>>
This is from 1983, right after finishing ROTJ

>George Lucas slouches on a couch in the area office of his home in the rolling, oak and bay covered hills north of South San Francisco. The 39 year old creator of Star Wars looks limp and worn and almost never smiles. He has lost 20 pounds in the last 6 months. He's wearing faded brown, slightly bell bottomed jeans, an oversized shirt and a brown vest. His glasses are brown. His brown hair and beard are flecked with grey. ā€œI am burned out I am burned out periodā€ Lucas says. "I was burned out a couple of years ago and I've been going on forward momentum ever since. Star Wars has dominated my life, sort of grabbed it and taken it over against my will. I've got to get my life back again before it's too late. The sacrifices that had to make it this point are greater than what I wanted to make, ultimately."

Whatever personal sacrifices Lucas has made, he and his pal, Steven Spielberg will go down in film history as Hollywoodā€™s 2 most popular film makers. Star Wars (1977) and the Empire Strikes Back (1980) rank number 2 and number 3 on the list of all time biggest money makers. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), a Lucas idea and story, executive produced by Lucas and directed by Spielberg, is number 5. Lucasā€™ American Graffiti (1973), is loosely based on his own experiences as a small town adolescent racing souped-up cars, is one of the most profitable movies ever made. It cost universal 780,000 dollars to produce and has grossed more than $145 million worldwide. And Lucas's upcoming Star Wars film, Return of the Jedi, the third in the trilogy, looks to be no less a blockbuster then its brethren.
>>
>>64001210
>But George Lucas is tired. Soon he will rest. Earned it he has. He says, "My life, once I got into film school in 1965, was like pushing a 147 car train up a very steep slope. It was push, push, push. I pushed it all the way up there and then Star Wars came and I reach the top. I jumped on board and started going down the other side, and I've had the brakes on ever since, pulling and pulling on all these levers, with the wheels screeching and screaming trying to stop. There's no way the brakes are ever going to stop it, and it's all been work, work, work. I'm about to jump train. I've got this slim chance right now to decide whether I'm ever going to climb back on again and see if I can find some level terrain for the train to travel on."

>"I am afraid that if I did another Star Wars movie now, I'd be straying from my path. To me that would be like being seduced by the dark side, but more than anything else, I think I'd be unhappy. Star Wars is a book. I look at the movies as 3 chapters in a book. I have made the last chapter and put the book on the shelf. I wanted to finish it so I could say, The End. Up to this point it has been incomplete. Whether or not I'm going to write another book, I have to decide. This book practically killed me. I didn't know after I did the first chapter if I could finish the book or not. I was ready to quit then. I wanted to quit then. But I kidded myself into thinking that if I stopped directing, it would be like quitting. I thought I could just over see it. But it didn't work that way. Star Wars is so uniquely my vision and so incredibly complicated to do that I ended up having to get involved. It's bigger than what 1 or 2 or 3 people can do. It needs a giant team of people. I relinquished endless control. It didn't bother me to give up the control - I couldn't have kept it."
>>
>>64001239
>As it was, I could barely oversee these films. It is hard to describe the amount of detail, the amount of work involved. It's a 3 year deadline with 2 years of really concentrated, serious work involved, 10 to 12 hours a day 6 days a week. There are 2 periods of 4 or 5 months in those years when the work is 16 to 18 hours a day. You get not much more than 5 hours of sleep a night. And that's hard. On Sunday you're wiped out and you're still thinking about the movie. People usually don't understand the implications of what I'm saying, living this way, day after day, but it's awesome. You can do it for a couple of months, but year after year it gets to be grim. I've been doing it for god knows how long. It's more and more pressure and I'm more and more unhappy and tired and exhausted and dragging home endless problems at the end of the day. I'm not having much fun. It's all work. It's very anxiety ridden, very hard very frustrating and relentless. The extent to which ones personal life is usurped cannot be overestimated. It has made me less of a happy person then I think I could be. It has disrupted my family life. I have a wife and a 2 year old daughter, and they are the most important things in my life. My family is it for me. Amanda is 2 years old now, and she's magic. She is this little girl and she ain't going to wait for me. She's going, she's growing. The last thing in the world I want is to turn around and have her be 18 and say Hi Dad, where have you been all my life?"
>>
File: 5e7qxzh.jpg (239 KB, 1200x801) Image search: [Google]
5e7qxzh.jpg
239 KB, 1200x801
>>64001195
jewjew is such a hack

i'm glad lucas let his feelings be known
>>
>>64001258
>I thought it would get better after Star Wars but it hasn't. It's just gotten worse. The anxieties and the frustrations get worse as you get more removed. I'm afraid I'll end up at the end of my life saying, well that's all I've done. Sure, there's a creative high in fixing a sequence, but there's a much bigger high in holding your daughter. Raising a child is a much more significant accomplishment to me then having made the movies. I just wish I could figure out how to do them both at the same time. I love Star Wars. I think it's great but I just don't want to sacrifice my entire life for it. I don't want to be and all consumed workaholic. I want to enjoy the better things in life like a normal person. Just say, go out and stand on a hill and enjoy life. I really am lazy. A lazy person would rather not be doing what I'm doing. I am lazy unless forced to get going, and I've really been forced to get going.
>>
File: lucas smiling.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
lucas smiling.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>64000955
>>
>>64001286
>I don't think I'll ever let other people take over the Star Wars movies If I don't do them. I'd rather not have them done then have them be done badly. I'm not going to turn it into Planet of the Apes. This story is finished and whether I go on and do another story, Who knows? If they are done at all, I'll do them or find someone like Steven Spielberg, who is willing to do the next 3. But it would have to be someone like Steven whom I have complete confidence in. I don't know if I'd ever find somebody else like that. The important thing is this finishes it for me. I can walk away from the whole thing now and get my personal life in order. I'm going to put my company, Lucasfilm on hold for the next 2 years. I'm going to take a 2 year sabbatical and try to make my life full and rewarding. I want to relax, go to the movies, learn more about computers study social psychology and architecture. I want to do a little writing. To read a book has been a luxury beyond anything I've been able to know. There is more to life the movies and work, no matter what the accomplishment. Star Wars is an accomplishment. It's a thing and it exists. I created a small work that stands on its own that is what it is. Its given people a certain amount of joy in a certain time of history. In 1000 years, 10,000 years it will be nothing more than that pretty minor footnote in the pop culture of the 1970's and 1980's. I have to decide what my next accomplishment is going to be.
>>
File: 1450669402143.png (3 MB, 1536x2012) Image search: [Google]
1450669402143.png
3 MB, 1536x2012
>>63998859
That goy is not as handsome as this man!
>>
>>64001313
>Even now, on the eve of the movie's release, Lucas doesn't know if Return of the Jedi is any good. A chronic pessimist, (a recurring line in Star Wars is, I have a bad feeling about this), Lucas says, "We didn't know until 2 weeks ago when an audience saw it whether the film worked or not. I feel the same way I did about Star Wars - it is either the worst film or the best film. There is just no way to know. I'm still not sure. When you're working on it, you just have no way of knowing. I'm so wrapped up in it and I've worked so hard, I've lost sight of the thing. I mean, here I've got a 10 year old story- that's pretty old - and it was written as a dumb kind of thing, and suddenly it's become this giant phenomenon and you say, well, gee, is this going to live up to... Shouldn't there be more? Maybe I should redo the whole thing. Maybe I... gee , maybe this isn't what everybody thought it was supposed to be. I feel more confident about the film then I did about The Empire Strikes Back. Empire was a big risk. It was a departure. It didn't have an ending. This has an ending. This is more of an "up" movie. Empire was a "down" movie. But I am really worried about this too. Well, they've seen 2 already; maybe they're going to be tired of it. And, well gee, is it going to pay off? So you finally get to the end of the shaggy dog story, and then everybody says, is that it? I thought a lot about whether I should try to do something else, but then I said, what the heck, this is the way the film was written, this is what the film is. Well, that's all there was."
>>
>>64001337
>The movies got bigger and bigger largely because the Wizards at LucasFilm's special effects company, Industrial Light and Magic (ILM), kept making breakthroughs in technology just to translate Lucas' vision onto film. Lucas, with his driving perfectionism, was finally able to do in Jedi what he had wanted to do in Star Wars. Jedi was the hardest of the 3 films, technically and logistically, Lucas says. At every level it was harder. Special effects, for example. In Star Wars, the battles in space were faked, done by sleight of hand editorially. There were only 1 or 2 ships in each shot and there was no continuity between shots - a ship couldn't fly from one shot into another. There were very few ships, and the ships moved slowly, and the moves were simple. In Jedi, each shot has 30 or 40 ships, they're all moving continually between shots, and their moves are very complicated. You can say, why bother to change if the special effects worked in the first film? That's what I wanted the first film to be, and I had to see if we could actually accomplish it. Plus the audience has become more sophisticated and the space battles in this film are the way the audience will remember them in Star Wars.
>>
>>64001368
>Tom Smith, ILM's general manager, says, I can't think of anything that we know how to do that we didn't do for this movie. George actually made two movies , one gigantic special effects movie, the other a character movie. Twice a day for a year Lucas has held forty five minute conferences in the projection room at ILM to look at special effects film . He either said great or, with a pointer on the screen, explain what was wrong with a shot and how it could be made better. George has Superman eyes, says Smith. It is a very unusual psychological thing. He can see through things to the very essence of a picture and know what is right and wrong with it. For the past four months 150 technicians at ILM have worked 24 hours a day , 7 days a week, in shifts, to finish the movie's special effects. Smith says, after Christmas we gave up our private lives.
>>
>>64001393
>Lucas also kept his Superman eyes on the development of the monsters for Jedi. He says he barely managed to get 20 simple monsters in Star Wars., then decided to put all technical Energies into making just one sophisticated monster for Empire. Jedi, however, has more than one hundred sophisticated monsters, thanks to the marriage of computers to puppetry, achieved in part in Star Wars but perfected in Jedi. The creatures aren't hatched whole in Lucas's mind. He will visualize a monster and characterize it to his creature designers, Phil Tippett and Stewart Freeborn , or his art director Joe Johnston. Jabba the Hut, for example, Lucas described as a large, repulsive, slug like creature, half slob, half Sultan, the ultimate slob Godfather. They'd work for months coming up with designs and designs and designs and I'd reject them or accept them, Lucas says. "Phil Tippett would give me 25 little sculptures of various creatures and I'd pick two or three . I'd say, change the nose on this one, put the ears from that one on one and I'll take it. I wasn't the main creative force behind creatures" , Lucas adds. He told Johnston and Freeborn that Yoda should be blue-green, have sort of a big head, giant ears, and a funny little pug nose. It took about 10 months for the team to approximate Lucas' vision of Yoda.
>>
>>63998472

Lucas sort of redeemed himself with the Clone Wars TV series, but just a little bit.

He still spilled his spaghetti on Episodes I and II.
>>
>>64001427
>Lucas had always wanted a primitive free spirited society to end up battling the hi tech evil empire. Before Star Wars was made, the wookies we're going to be the primitive race. But in Star Wars, Lucas had already shown Chewbacca, a Wookie and Han Solo's copilot, to be highly civilized. Wookies are tall, 7 foot 5 inches tall. Lucas decided simply to cut them in half, and make them primitive, short haired, short people. He scrambled the letters of the word Wookies and came up with Ewoks. That's where the idea of the ewoks came from, Lucas says. In the end, part of the decision in designing the ewoks was not to worry about the fact that they were cute. It's just in the nature of things that anything short and fuzzy ends up looking like a teddy bear, so I just said, well, look, will just make them cute, what the heck. "I have a feeling we are going to get trashed for making them cute. I don't care if everybody thinks they look like teddy bears. Critics will say the movie is just an excuse to sell teddy bears, but I don't care."
>>
>>64001107
>get an actor on your show to defend a position
>have 3 other people argue the opposite, constantly interrupting him and have the audience clap at everything you say
does anyone with a functioning brain watches this

btw lucas is the person with the original vision and all jj has done is copy it
>>
>>63998566

Then Star Wars holiday special happened and showed him why a wookie movie would have been a bad idea.
>>
File: 1450857478421.jpg (54 KB, 688x960) Image search: [Google]
1450857478421.jpg
54 KB, 688x960
>>64001210
>>64001239
>>64001258
>>64001286
>>64001313
>>64001337
>>64001368
>>64001393
>>64001427
https://youtu.be/-DSVDcw6iW8
>>
>>64001455
>However well done special effects are, or however real the monsters look, Lucas is rarely satisfied. He says, "after Star Wars I used to say that only 25 percent of what I intended was up on the screen. In the next movies a lot of those goals were made a reality. But I have learned that no matter how hard you try, no one has control. It isn't how well you can make a film, it's how well you can make the film under the circumstances. That's the challenge. You always have limited resources and extenuating circumstances, acts of God. That's the joy and the heartache of it too. Sometimes the lack of control makes the films better, sometimes worse. But you have to accept that the movie is not going to be as good as you wanted to be. The bigger the movie is the less control you have and the more you have to go with the flow. Go with whatever happens."

>Just one example of Jedi go with the flow production problems: 40 dwarves were hired in London to be ewoks, and each was fitted for an ewok suit. Individual plaster casts were taken of the actors hands and feet so that perfect fitting latex gloves and boots could be made, to which hair and nails would be added later. The boots turned out to be too heavy for the stage platforms of the ewok village built in the trees 20 feet off the ground, so new plaster casts had to be taken and lighter boots made. Forty new dwarves were found in the United States for the ewok scenes shot in the forests of Crescent City, California. Again, each was fitted for costumes and plaster casts were made. Then a choreographer had to be hired solely to teach the diverse dwarfs how to walk and run and move like ewoks. During the filming, after each ewok shot, the actors had to take off their masks or their plastic eyes would fog up and they wouldn't be able to see where they were going.
>>
>>64001487
>"Making movies is the art of compromise" Lucas says, "I hate compromise. It really used to depress me. You have a vision and you see a movie on the screen that doesn't come near the vision. After I stopped directing, it didn't bother me quite so much anymore. Once I felt personally, creatively, off the hook, I wasn't as committed to the vision and how well it got accomplished. Lucas can't say if Empire and Jedi would have been better or worse if he had directed them. They would have been different. I know they would have been because I was there on the set watching the director and I knew I would be making this or that decision differently. Lucas says it is difficult to compare Kirshner and Marquand. They're just different, he says. It's even hard to say what I would have done in certain situations. It's like taking 3 people and putting them in front of an easel with 3 different colors and asking them to make 3 different strokes. Which is better? Who is better? You end up with 3 different interpretations of 3 strokes with 3 colors."

>Lucas says he always works with the directors and never pulls rank. "I've never directed over anybody's shoulder. It's impossible. It's too subtle an art. It's always been collaborative. If there is a question, I talk to the director back in a corner. Occasionally there is tension, but I've tried to be very conscious of it. I've worked with the crews since Star Wars, so it's very easy for them to ask me a question, but I defer to the director. Within reason, I've always tried to let the director make his movie his way. Sometimes I'll pull him aside and discuss why I think something else would be a better idea. I don't think I've ever said, this is the way it's going to be. This is final."
>>
>>64001428
TPM is better than TFA though.
>>
>>64000139
Barely afford it. It wasn't easy for Disney to buy the rights. Even then, they still have to pay Lucas in residuals and other forms. He even got stock options with Disney. Lucas pretty much raped Mickey Mouse and made them his bitch.
>>
I blame redlettermedia for much of this bullshit.

And then they had the audacity to take Disney favors and suck their cock for their "review".

Not long after shamelessly sucking Max Landis' dick.

Fucking sellouts.
>>
>>64001522
>Only once did I get conflicting directions, recalls Carrie Fisher, who plays Princess Leia. When I came into Jabba's throne room disguised as a man, Richard told me to stand like and English sentry. Then George walked in and said, Carrie, you're standing like in English sentry. You want to be more swashbuckling.

>"What I do", Lucas says, "is go around offering suggestions. Walt Disney said he went around pollinating little groups of people . I go around saying, how about this? or I got an idea, what if... I act as a glue. There are a lot of gaps unique to Star Wars. Questions only I can answer. I act as the ultimate source. How would this robot walk? Should this creature have a radio antenna? I'm the only one who has the whole vision and I know it intimately. The director comes to one of these films and has a pretty good grasp of what's going on, but he hasn't lived with it for 10 years and he can't give an instant ( Lucas snaps his fingers) answer to any question that could possibly come up. The directors relied on me as a backlog encyclopedia.
>>
>>64001574
>"There is an enormous amount of grossness to filmmaking. But into the grossness you put a lot of little details, subtleties. How are the mosaics patterned, the door handles shaped, the niches carved? Film starts out with a giant brush and ends up with a team of artists painting in the details. In the Star Wars saga I have a lot of control over the giant brush strokes, the sets, the plots, the casting. I try to add in as many details as I can, but a team of 30 or 40 people add the rest . You can pan across one scene in a set, and suddenly the audience is jolted out of it because of a carpenter who didn't do the right thing. The scene is destroyed by a detail. This is especially true in fantasy films like Star Wars. Star Wars isn't the Wizard of Oz, with giant purple sets and phony little trees. With Star Wars, if you let yourself go slightly, the world is sort of real. It's very hard to create an immaculate reality out of nothing, to make what's totally incredible credible. I've always tried to create a reality you can believe in without going that far to suspend your disbelief. "

>A long time ago in a galaxy far far away... is the beginning of every Star Wars story. Lucas says, "Star Wars movies are basically entertainment. You go, you eat your popcorn, you have 2 hours of entertainment, you feel good, and you go home." But he adds that there is a lot in them that never gets talked about. The Star Wars movies are just fairy tales, but fairy tales aren't just silly old made up stories . There is a lot going on in them that makes them work. At the same time, though, they're not done with a capital A for art or S for significance.
>>
>>64001455
Huh, I guess the wookie battle scene in ROTS is how George ended up wanting the Endor battle. It would've been much better in ROTJ if Chewie had met his wookie friends and mounted a resistance. Would've not been as random either. Seems like George thought the same thing for ROTS.
>>
File: spot-the-hack.png (2 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
spot-the-hack.png
2 MB, 1500x1000
>>63999008

Are we doing revisionist history now?
>>
>>64000283
Companies like Disney buy other brands when their company stagnates in profits. These companies are delaying their inevitable bankruptcy.
>>
>>64001611
Every single Lucas Star Wars is better than Abrams Star Wars.

Checkmate, Redditor.
>>
>>64001602
>Lucas read myths and fairy tales the entire time he was writing the scripts for Star Wars, "I consciously went into it wanting to make a fairy tale, and I studied a lot of fairy tales." He read Joseph Campbell; Bruno Bettleheim, Grimm's Fairy Tales; Greek, Islamic, and Indian mythology. He also read Carlos Castaneda's Tales of Power. He read CS Lewis, and JRR Tolkien, as well as popular science fiction like Frank Herbert's Dune Trilogy and E E "Doc" Smith's Lensman Saga. Lucas read C G Jung , Edgar Rice Burroughs and Frazier's The Golden Bough. He read a lot but doesn't admit to any one particular influence . He says, "yes I've done a fair amount of reading, but a lot of Star Wars just came intuitively. The reading gave me feelings for motifs and themes, but ultimately most of Star Wars is just personal."
>>
>>64001611

All I see is Lucas and one of his lackies, who without direction defaults to his last preprogrammed set of directives, which happened to be the script of Episode IV.
>>
File: 36435346.jpg (112 KB, 630x490) Image search: [Google]
36435346.jpg
112 KB, 630x490
>>64001557
Yet that faggot (Landis) had more balls than all three of those RLM faggots but together...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpS6TlqgLIQ

And the SJWs attacked him for not liking it!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBeYD7yFWxE&t=260

>Not realising how powerful the OST is
>>
>>64001639
>"If I ever consciously used anything that I read, it was to make the story more consistent with traditional fairy tales. For example, if there was a part in which Luke had 2 trials, I would try to make it 3 because 3 is more consistent with hero myths. But if adding a third trial jeopardized the story, I wouldn't do it. I can't give any specific examples. I just don't remember, and the scripts changed a lot. It is hard to go back without studying. It becomes academic, and when I was doing it, it wasn't academic. Also, you're talking about 10 years and a lot of work. The basic things are "quest of the knight", "father and son", "good versus evil", "renewal of faith", "test of becoming a man or Knight" , "primitive versus technological", "man versus machine". A life spirit is stronger than what a machine can create. That's all it really comes down to, a large technological force that tries to destroy the human spirit is ultimately very vulnerable because it's a machine and all you have to do is unplug it. But it's always dangerous to analyze these things. It's always better to let people watch and decide for themselves what something is about. I don't like to get too intellectual about it. I'd much rather have people think of Star Wars as entertaining little movies. The thing stands on its own, it is what it is."
>>
>>64001639
And Abrams read tumblr before TFA. The difference between an artist and a con man.
>>
File: 1448409109449.jpg (59 KB, 709x913) Image search: [Google]
1448409109449.jpg
59 KB, 709x913
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ZY8Fz9GGU
>>
>>64001667
>"There is more of me in Star Wars then I care to admit. For better or for worse, a lot of it is very unconscious. Very personal. You can't get away from that. It comes out of you. It's not something that is done by the numbers, it's very personal. Luke more or less is my alter ego. He can't not be. You can't write a main character and not have him be part of you and not be able to identify with him. I identify with a lot of the characters, and you have to in order to write it . Han Solo and Luke are like twin brothers, the spiritual brother and the warrior brother with the devil may care attitude . A lot of people have said Han Solo is a composite of an old friend I used to race cars with and screenwriter John Milius . Who knows where the characters come from? I didn't base Han Solo on any person."
>>
>>64001557
>Because nobody hated the prequels before RLM.
Are you 12?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxbPybTg08E
>>
>>64001651
dude makes good points
>>
>>64001651
Holy shit why are people getting so upset over Landis having an opinion? He's even being incredibly apologetic and humble.
>>
>>64001689
>"The idea of the force evolved. It has evolved all during my life. I have always pondered it and been fascinated by it. I've always asked the questions and looked for the answers. I don't know if I am any further along now then when I was 5 years old. I continue to look. If I know anything, it is that we just don't know what's going on. To deny things that don't fit into our sense of reality, like levitating a chair, to say this doesn't exist, and to close ones reality into a rigid mindset is not the most productive way to try to figure out what the world is all about. The force is a way of saying that all things are possible. Because you don't understand it, because it doesn't fit into your belief system, you shouldn't reject it. In Empire, when Yoda levitates a spaceship, Luke says, I don't believe it. That, answers Yoda, is why you fail. Lucas says, in order to make something work, you have to have an absolute belief in it. But at the same time one cannot just believe things out of hand. As Luke goes on, he gets more skeptical. If you can keep an open mind and be receptive and skeptical, you might be able to get a smattering of truth somewhere. As I said the only thing I know is that we don't know. The film has one foot in psychology and 1 foot in philosophy. These are large and complicated issues. Behind each smidgen of surface is a whole treatise on the power of belief systems, the relationship between a person's belief system and what he's able to accomplish. But Star Wars is not meant to be an essay in philosophy. it's just a sketch in a primary concept that also serves a plot force . The movie never stops to have a philosophical discussion."
>>
>>64001557

literally every single thing plinkett says about the prequels is objectively correct
>>
>>64001712
>"Do I try to live the way of the force? What is the way of the force? I try to have some kind of relationship with God, and I hope in the future I'll be able to spend more time articulating that. My feelings in that area are very personal. There aren't any really obvious manifestations of how I deal with my spiritual life. I don't meditate. I don't go to church. I don't do est. I've developed my own relationship, which I haven't had too much time for. I'm not drawn to any particular religion. I think they are all equally interesting. the force is also more or less intuitive. I wanted to move beyond folk gods and make an elemental God, something that people could relate to without getting hung up on a specific religion. I was trying to move beyond religion into a relationship with God. I wanted to deal with it in a very simple and straightforward way. I didn't want the force to be specific I wanted it to be general. You know, people love to say, Oh, George believes in the force. I believe in God. The force is a label you put on something; it doesn't mean anything. I believe in God, and I also believe there is an elemental God that is reflected in all religions. it's like the blind man and the elephant: all the religions are trying to describe the same thing, it's just that they are describing different aspects of it."
>>
>>64001727
Shame everything they said about TFA was apologetic bullshit.
>>
Please don't tell me you autists defend Jedi Rocks
>>
>>64001730
>"These ideas are in philosophical and mystical areas so obscure that you can't really discuss them in anything as glib as a movie or focus them in anything as cumbersome as a 50 volume work. All I was trying to say very simple and straightforward way, knowing that the film was going to be seen by a young audience, is that there is a God and there is a good side and a bad side. You have a choice to make: the good side or the bad side. The world works better if you're on the good side. I wasn't trying to preach, but I did want to try to, say, influence kids in the direction of ā€œfind your God and try to be good.ā€ I sort of took a moral approach to the movie." Lucasā€™ wife, Marcia, says she thinks her husband is very spiritual, not necessarily religious. George says he doesn't believe in the force, because he thinks people would consider him a freak if he does. But deep down part of his unconscious, believes in it, I think.
>>
>>64001730
Nobody is reading your fucking wall of text shut the fuck up.
>>
File: John-Cena1.png (791 KB, 748x1067) Image search: [Google]
John-Cena1.png
791 KB, 748x1067
Who are you???

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDKKB-JJvsU
>>
>>64001761
I was seconds away from starting a post telling him to continue because I am reading them. And I doubt it's his wall of text, that would make him a really fucking fast writer.
>>
File: bushtear-714076.jpg (54 KB, 380x240) Image search: [Google]
bushtear-714076.jpg
54 KB, 380x240
>>64001752
>George says he doesn't believe in the force, because he thinks people would consider him a freak if he does. But deep down part of his unconscious, believes in it, I think.
>>
>>64001752
>Lucas writing room is what Marcia calls a tree house environment, which used to serve as their mansionā€™s carriage house. Marcia decorated the suite of rooms - a writing nook and desk built into a windowed wall a few steps up from a large living room, a bathroom and a tiny kitchen - with red wood paneling and forest green fabrics. As you enter, there is a green couch in front of a fireplace and a stack of wood. There are bookshelves around the room and a TV and stereo system on one wall. The carpet is beige. Lucasā€™ desk is stained red wood, and on it are a Mickey Mouse phone, a Wookie pencil holder, a telescope, and several books: Joseph Campbell's A Hero with 1000 Faces, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, Webster's Dictionary, Harpers Bible Dictionary, The Foundations of Screenwriting by Sid Field , and Rogetā€™s Thesaurus, opened to a page that has the word imagination at the top. There is a little Sony television to the right of the desk, and five 3 ring notebooks containing Lucas's notes and sketches for the entire Star Wars epic, past, present, and future. There's also a picture of Marcia and the baby. When he is writing, Lucas pens about 8 hours a day in his tree house, with a short break for lunch. If I spend 8 hours writing, he says, I probably spend 3 hours writing and the rest of the time thinking.
>>
The longer I think about TFA the more I realize how shitty it actually was. Hopefully the next director will fix that mess.
>>
>>64001782
Stop samefagging
>>
>>64001764
laughing my ass off
>>
File: 1450609292690.jpg (30 KB, 475x533) Image search: [Google]
1450609292690.jpg
30 KB, 475x533
>>64001792
>>
>>64001651
"A Janitor was able to beat a force user with years of training"

Yes. Even worse than the prequels. Landis is a hero for sticking it to the SJWs.
>>
>>64001784
>It took Lucas two and a half to three years to write Star Wars. While struggling, he snipped bits of his hair off with scissors. He used number 2 standard pencils, and wrote only in longhand, on blue and green lined paper. "When I sit down to write, it takes me a long time and it takes a lot of work. I don't just sit down and have all these things pop out of my head. They get dragged out kicking and screaming with a lot of pain. It's a wonder it all comes together in the end. Filmmakers have unlimited options, yet after a while a script becomes its own animal, partly because of its own personality, partly because of fate. You only have limited control over it. You're not making it in a vacuum."

>Star Wars is not a fantasy Lucas had when he was a boy. He started writing it in 1973, and the ideas evolved. He says, "there are 4 or 5 scripts for Star Wars, and you can see as you flip through them where certain ideas germinated and how the story developed. There was never a script completed that had the entire story as it exists now. But by the time I finished the first Star Wars, the basic ideas and plots for Empire and Jedi were also done. As the stories unfolded, I would take certain ideas and save them; I'd put them aside in notebooks. As I was writing Star Wars, I kept taking out all the good parts, and I just kept telling myself I would make other movies someday. It was a mind trip I laid on myself to get me through the script. I just kept taking stuff out, and finally with Star Wars I felt I had one little incident that introduced the characters. So for the last 6 years I've been trying to get rid of all the ideas I generated and felt so bad about throwing out in the first place. The truth of it is, I'm not sitting here with one chapter of a book, which is what I had after Star Wars, and saying, the book is incomplete."
>>
>>64001826
How about you post the thing you're fucking pasting rather clogging up the thread with shit only 1 other guy is reading?

Or are you that autistic?
>>
>>64001826
>If Lucas does ever decide to take the story further, he will start by going back to a time before Star Wars began. Then he would make a sequel to the Star Wars trilogy. Lucas can describe the stories, the plots, and who does what to whom in the 3 movies of what he calls the prequel to Star Wars. But he has only a vague notion of what will happen in the 3 films of the sequel. Lucasā€™ notebooks are full of ideas but no diagrams or mythological maps. The prequel is about the breakdown of the fictional Galactic Republic and the emergence of the Empire, of the governing body. Everyone including Obi Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and the Emperor (the bad Yoda), starts out as a normal person, just 40 years younger. Yoda is also present. The story explains how all the characters got to be where they were in Star Wars. Luke Skywalker is born in episode 3. Lucas says, the prequel has more plot and less action than in Star Wars, and it's more like a soap opera, really Machiavellian, with lots of political intrigue. I had to create a whole back plot in order to get to Star Wars. How did Anakin Skywalker get to be Darth Vader? Who is Luke's mother? I knew at the final draft of Star Wars that Leia and Luke we're sister and brother, but the story started out with 2 brothers and a father. Everything evolved.
>>
>>64001847
It's from a book, you dipshit. Should I post a link to Amazon?
>>
File: 1450785058530.jpg (86 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450785058530.jpg
86 KB, 400x400
>tfw Star Wars VII ruined Star Wars forever
>>
TFA was meh. ROTS and AOTC are much better than TFA. Who is directing the next movie? JJ is not directing(Thank Ben Alfeckqi). JJ ruined the new star trek movies.
>>
>>64001878
Sure if it stops you from sperging out in the thread.
>>
>>63999531

No, they're still bad, but they at least have a soul.
>>
File: 54468468.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
54468468.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>64001823
Corrected. He is not a faggot.
>>64001764
>MFW
>>
>>64001851
>In the sequel Luke would be a 60 year old Jedi knight, Han Solo and Leia would be together, although Lucas says, they might be married or not. "We have never actually discussed marriage in this galaxy. I don't even know if it exists yet. Who knows what relationship they will have? I mean, theyā€™re together, let's put it that way." The sequel focuses mainly on Luke, and Lucas says Mark Hamill has the first crack at the part if he is old enough. If the first trilogy is social and political and talks about how society evolves, Lucas says Star Wars is more about personal growth and self realization, and the third deals with moral and philosophical problems. "In Star Wars there is a very clear line drawn between good and evil. Eventually you have to face the fact that good and evil aren't that clear cut and the real issue is trying to understand the difference. The sequel is about Jedi knighthood, justice, confrontation, and passing on what you have learned."
>>
>>64001890
It's now another of so many capeshit series. It just exists to make money. There really is no point behind it.
>>
>>
File: jack-lost-we-have-to-go-back.jpg (15 KB, 300x508) Image search: [Google]
jack-lost-we-have-to-go-back.jpg
15 KB, 300x508
>>64001910
>Lucas says Star Wars is more about personal growth and self realization, and the third deals with moral and philosophical problems. "In Star Wars there is a very clear line drawn between good and evil. Eventually you have to face the fact that good and evil aren't that clear cut and the real issue is trying to understand the difference. The sequel is about Jedi knighthood, justice, confrontation, and passing on what you have learned."
Holy shit, this sounds so much better than the piece of trash we got. Fuck everything.
>>
>>64001936
Lucas beard wins by far.
>>
>>64001904
Sorry if I'm stopping you from fully spreading your bitching about Star Wars wings.
Precious 4chan megabytes are so frivolously being wasted. I should be ashamed of myself.
>>
>>64001910
>The onscreen world of Star Wars is a sliver of Lucas' imaginary universe. Lucas constructed back stories not only for his main characters but for his creatures as well. He is particularly fond of Chewbacca and has concocted a cultural and anthropological history of the Wookie race: they come from a damp jungle planet and dwell in wood and bamboo donut shaped houses wrapped around the trunks of giant trees 100 feet above the ground. They are mammals, eat meat and vegetables, and live to be 350 years old. The 6 breasted females deliver their offspring in litters. The society is a primitive patriarchy with a complicated lineage structure and initiation rites. Their religion rejects materialism. They have their own version of the force ā€“ a natural empathy with plant life and the ecology of their planet. After an Imperial invasion the Wookies are rounded up by slave traders and sold throughout the empire. Han Solo rescues a group of prisoners that includes Chewbacca, and the two become inseparable.
>>
>>64001951
No it's just nobody cares what you have to say and people just see your aspergers in the middle of the thread and ignore it.

Go post that shit to a wookiepedia talk page or something where people actually care whatever the fuck you're pasting constantly.
>>
>>64001988
>Lawrence Kasdan, who collaborated with Lucas in writing Empire and Jedi, says, George is very much in tune with his entire history from the time he was very young, and in a way that is useful to him and his work. He is able to draw on those feelings. That kind of openness to your past, and influences on you, is a very special gift. George has been able to hook into some basic, universal images. He is able to show that someone very small, like a child or Luke, can face someone very big, like a Darth Vader or an Empire or Death Star. The central image of the whole trilogy I think comes in Star Wars when Luke, against all odds, gets through this tiny little crack and fires 1 little rocket into exactly the right spot to bring down this enormous opponent. That is the most powerful feeling: Oh, it's not hopeless, I can be like David and kill the giant Goliath with a slingshot. In Empire when Han Solo is maneuvering the Millennium Falcon through the meteoroid field - that's a fantasy every kid has had of avoiding arrows or rocks or an avalanche. In Jedi, as the flames chase the Falcon out of the Death Star, that is an image everybody has had: Oh, if only I could just beat by a few steps the monster or the mugger or the dog that's on my tail. And whatever feelings you have about Darth Vader, your father, or authority, how reassuring it is to think that there is something good there too. Luke's insistence on his hope that redemption is possible is very inspiring.
>>
>>64001847
Fuck off asshole. I'm reading it
>>
>>64002017
>If Star Wars ever seemed like a comic book or TV serial, its no coincidence. Lucas grew up on them. He was born May 14th 1944, the third child of Methodist parents, George Sr and Dorothy. He has two sisters, 8 and 10 years older, and a sister Wendy, three years younger. Lucasā€™ mother was sickly, his father a conservative small businessman who owned a prosperous stationary and office furniture store in Modesto, a small city in the flatlands of Central California about 60 miles south of Sacramento. The Lucases lived there in a stucco house on Ramona Avenue until George was 15 and the family moved to a 13 acre walnut ranch on the outskirts of town.

>George Sr raised his children on a litany of his own values; work hard, be frugal, don't waste your money; don't stop until your job is done; be true to yourself; early to bed, early to rise. But he didn't think his only son heard a word: He never listened to me. He was his mother's pet. If he wanted a camera, or this or that, he got it. He was hard to understand. He was always dreaming of things. George, a scrawny little devil, according to his father, was taunted by local bullies who threw his shoes into sprinklers. Wendy would come to his rescue. Wendy also was there when George, a dreadful student, needed help with homework. Sometimes she would get up at 5 o'clock in the morning to correct misspellings in his English papers.
>>
File: 1418919504703.jpg (32 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1418919504703.jpg
32 KB, 413x395
>>64002022
Samefag alert
>>
>>64002057

No, I'm also reading bud
>>
>>64002043
>When George Lucas was about 10, George Sr bought the family a TV set, and George would spend hours watching serials and cartoons, his black cat Dinky draped over his shoulders. When I was a kid, I used to love the old Flash Gordon serials on television, Lucas recalls. They were a primary influence on me. The way I see things, the way I interpret things, is influenced by television. Visual conception, fast paced, quick cuts. I can't help it. I'm a product of the television age.

>In his teens, Lucas started listening to rock and roll, Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry. At 15 he got his first car, a Fiat, and loved the thrill of speeding down Modesto's flat roads. He spent time rebuilding cars and working with pit crews at races. Just about every day after school, Lucas says, Iā€™d go to the Foreign Car Service and work on the Fiat to beef it up. For nearly 4 years of my life, I spend almost every weekday between 3 in the afternoon and 1 in the morning cruising up and down the streets, stopping only at the Foreign Car Service and for dinner. I used to grease back my hair with Vaseline, put taps on my pointed black shoes, and wear one grimy pair of jeans. I was friends with the gang that wore blue felt car coats. We hung out.
>>
>>64002077
>Lucasā€™s days and nights of endless cruising resulted in the hugely popular American Graffiti, but his dreams of a racing career were smashed when he was nearly killed in a car accident just before high school graduation. Lucas was hit broadside and thrown free just before his Fiat wrapped itself around a walnut tree. He recuperated for 4 months. It shook me up quite a bit he says. That is a transitional age to begin with, and since I have a tendency to favor determinismā€¦I don't want to get too specific, but by deterministic I mean a belief in destiny and that one is put in a place for a reason. I do think an individual has choices, and if you're on a path you can go up the path quickly if you want. You arenā€™t a victim of some cosmic force, but there are unknown elements at work. Whatever religion or philosophy you choose, they all focus on the same thing: that there is some sort of logical movement of forces that you have a relationship to. Trying to figure out where the forces are coming from and how things are determined has always been one of the great mysteries. After the accident Lucas took up filming auto races with an 8 millimeter camera. He attended Modesto Junior College for 2 years, majoring in the social sciences with an emphasis in anthropology and sociology.
>>
I literally heard the word disappointing so many times coming out of the theatre, hope it becomes a big deal. I let the sales record and 10/10s across the board sell me out, should have TRUSTED MY INSTINCTS about how shitty and progressive this movie was going to be. It was even worse than I'd imagined and I tried to go in with low expectations to be intently surprised. It's not even a good "rollercoaster."
>>
>>64001910

Why didn't JJ do this instead?
>>
>>64001910
Lucas' prequel trilogy was political soap
Lucas' original trilogy was action adventure
Lucas' sequel trilogy would have been moral and philosophical

Instead we got JJ's uninspired reboot
>>
>>64000460

there is absolutely nothing memorable about Qui Gon
>>
>>64002153
Because it's the whitest story he's ever seen.

Or something like that.
>>
>>64002209
I thought he was okay. His fight with Maul was cool and his kicked back take on Jedi stuff is pretty unique across all of the movies.
>>
>>64002209
There definitely is. He had that authoritarian presence about him that not even Yoda had.
>>
Problem is that George needed a proper screenwriter that could translate his ideas in the prequels. I really like the political atmosphere of the prequels. You had the political incompetence of the Republic and the diminished usefulness of the Jedi which would have been far more interesting if Lucas just got a good creative team around him that would positively enable his vision.

>>64001945
Yeah it sounds great. I think Rian Johnson will touch on those ideas in Episode 8 so I'm cautiously optimistic. TFA was just to get the majority people back into Star Wars but I have a feeling that the next two will stand up on their own.
>>
>>64001951
don't worry anon, you are not going unappreciated
>>
>>64002223

That's not white, has Jbrams ever heard of a "Walkabout"? Does he not know that such things are universal across virtually /all/ cultures that didn't pop up over the last decade?

See, this is the problem with having /no/ George Lucas in the equation (as opposed to too much like the prequels): Abrams had no original ideas of his own and had to ape off a New Hope and whatever shit he half-remembered from Thawn, crudely welding them together into the current narritive to try and pass it of as unique. You could tell with the constant references he made to it that he had no idea how to continue on the act which is why he nostolgia'd so hard. He remembered what /not/ to do from the prequels without remembering what /to/ do.

Who's next on the list of directors? Hopefully someone else.
>>
File: 24264.gif (630 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
24264.gif
630 KB, 200x200
>>64000638
based. fired me up.
>>
File: no.gif (2 MB, 265x257) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
2 MB, 265x257
>>64002302
I have no faith in Episode 8. Episode 7 was the most lifeless and dull SW story I've ever seen. It doesn't even resonate Star Wars. It's so insecure in itself that it rather imitates Star Wars rather than develop and push it forward. This is what Lucas wanted for the new trilogy. Something that would push the series forward. Disney isn't really interested in taking risks. That's now their modus operandi. It's about calculations and easy safe entertainment. There is no risk of turning anyone off. So long as everyone is somewhat entertained, nobody in Disney will give a shit that the movies are just a poor copy of something better.
>>
>>64002209
Qui-Gon was a jedi master who didn't follow the code. He wasn't allowed on the council because he didn't blindly follow their ways, opting to trust his own judgement instead
Pretty cool character
>>
>>64002363
Yeah, everyone is an expert of what NOT to do since everyone has become a pissy Internet reviewer. So Abrams has no balls whatsoever to do something unique but to hire a black guy as lead to win favors in his political company.
>>
>>64001945
>>64002153
Disney has no creative bone in their employment. They listen to "market research" and play it safe with current memes and events. This movie will receive a lot of backlash in the coming weeks. A lot of people haven't seen.
>>
>>64002408
>was the most lifeless and dull SJW story
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>64002497
I don't know. Their capeshit movies are the same bullshit and everyone (including parts of /tv/) loves that crap.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 317x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 317x400
>>64001313
>To read a book has been a luxury beyond anything I've been able to know.
>>
>>64002223
Why is a room full of white people in a predominantly white country a problem?
If you go to an award ceremony in Korea, it's going to be a room full of Korean people
An award ceremony in India is going to have mostly Indian people.
Why is nobody complaining about the lack of roles for black actors in Bollywood?
>>
>>64002594
Speaking of Korean people, they also hate TFA because of forced diversity.
>>
>>64002408
You make a good point but I feel like TFA provides enough of a foundation for Rian Johnson to pick up the scraps. Kylo Ren's character is sort of what Anakin should've been in the prequels even though he's a little over the top. Luke being troubled from the massacre sets up an for a poorly trained Mary Sue. But everything else is lackluster.

But I admit I'm being way too hopeful. TFA really felt like capeshit and it made me sad. It's primarily made to make money so they'll play it extremely safe by showing familiar images like X-Wings and Star Destroyers just like people want to see the Hulk and Iron Man.

I'm not going to act like George wasn't focused on making money with Star Wars but at least it was a genuinely well made story with a unique vision. TFA just felt like a decent story based off an already established vision.
>>
>>64002543
Everyone doesn't love it. I know a lot of normies who hate capeshit. They find it childish and stupid. Star Wars was more than capeshit because it was mythology in cinema. That's what the big draw toward the movies. Just like Star Trek is political and social commentary in space. Hollywood is run by a bunch of fucking morons who hate taking risk. Avoiding risk as a business is very dangerous.
>>
>>64002622
They hate the blacks. They loved Poe character.
>>
George lovers:
>Optimistic interpretation of the prequels.
With superior critical thinking skills they are able to read between the lines of the prequel films and appreciate what George was able to achieve.
>Open-minded to different interpretations of Star Wars.
Doesn't throw a fit when their favourite characters and ships aren't on screen. Is interested in the expansion of the mythology and world of Star Wars, despite how far it may stray from the Original Trilogy
>Charming
Good manners when dealing with the irrational and often mentally challenged fans of the new Disney flicks. Are respectful of George's decisions and don't resort to name calling or insults because the PT doesn't align with their original, personal interpretations.
>intelligent
Entertained with political intrigue of the prequels. Recognizes the action sequences as a means to getting to the main story.
>Good Looking

TFA fans:
>Childlike understanding of the mythos of star wars
More interested in the special effects and tiresome quips of TFA. Often heard quoting the famous lines of the OT without recognizing their deeper meaning.
>Easily entertained by flashing lights and loud noises
Like dangling car keys above a dog they are excited with the droning and nauseating action sequences and have no idea of what constitutes a good story with proper pacing
>Go with the flow/herd mentality
Thinking that Episode V is automatically the best because that's what everyone else things. Also seeks validation from the latest box office numbers because they're scared that their interests aren't popular enough
>>
>>64002101
Thanks for taking the time to share that, Anon. It was an emotional rollercoaster. I'm so happy and sad for George
>>
>>64003089

Mein Gott in Himmel, TFA is the Fallout 3 of Star Wars!
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2136x2848) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2136x2848
>>64001851
>the story started out with 2 brothers and a father.
Shades of Hux and Kylo?
>>
>>64003155
Hello /v/eddit!
>>
>>64003089
A friend of mine said TFA was great because it wasn't the prequels. That's what TFA fags operate on.
>>
>>63998925
You're deluding yourself if you think Star Wars is some high patrician thing that was never made for the money.
>>
>>64001910
I'm actually really sad that we won't get the real episodes 7-9, post Empire with philosophical conflicts. I want to read Lucas' script that Disney threw in the trash
>>
>>64003089
George cuckas apologists are abundant in /tv/ it seems where they are at their natural habitat.
>>
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/63628257

this thread was a few days before the release
>>
>>64001910
Damn
This would've been so based
Please come back George
I want a original shit
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 567x793) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 567x793
>>64002447
That's actually a great summation of the character. Obi-Wan actually rebels against him by becoming a square.
>>
File: mkgBa.jpg (42 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
mkgBa.jpg
42 KB, 480x270
>>63998472
YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE, GEORGE LUCAS

WHY DIDN'T WE LISTEN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.