[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We pretend it's 99 and The Phantom Menace has just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: images2WVATR5C.jpg (14 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
images2WVATR5C.jpg
14 KB, 200x300
Man this movie was awesome! I think they overused the CGI in parts, but I guess they are trying to be make it more modern. It harkens back to A New Hope, but in a totally original way. It's not a perfect film, and I still don't think it's better than any of the OT, but man the villians in this are amazing. I can't wait for the sequel!
>>
Star Wars is garbage. Doesn't matter what cute title they put after the colon.
>>
>>64080909
It was a glib facsimile you pleb.
>>
>>64080909
Underage detected. We didn't talk about overuse of CGI back then.

I remember the response being positively lukewarm amongst my classmates who were Star Wars fans. Some critics had already called the film bad before it was released, so most of us were happy to find it was pretty good/okay. Yes, it repeated ANH but we all assumed it was building up to something. We were wrong.

Granted, I was only a freshman in high school, but I don't remember anyone calling it the biggest disappointment in their lives until later.
>>
>>64080909
I'm 10 years old and I liked the part where they fought with the laser swords and the explosions were cool
>>
maybe if i pretend to oversleep i wont have to go to school today
>>
>>64080909
I going to make my RPG character Darth Maul when I go to this AOL chatroom.

Did you know they are makin an X-Men movie?
>>
>>64080909
Reading from my diary (I was 10)

>why do the droids keep saying roger roger
>that kid was terrible I want to be darth vader
>that gungan city was beautiful
>darth maul is great
>kenobi is great
>qui gon is amazing
>who's the black man with the weird hat and why is he in every sticker/toy?
>>
>>64080909

I am a child so pod racing was fucking awesome and that Darth Maul fight double fucking lightsaber holy shit omg.
>>
>>64081243
Yeah, I heard abou X-Men, I don't think it will do well, I don't see much of a market for superhero movies. Each one is the same story we've had since the 40's.
>>
>>64081194
This

Shit was cash imho fåm
>>
File: latest.jpg (64 KB, 520x715) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
64 KB, 520x715
>>64081293
here's the black guy btw
>>
>>64081293
>who's the black man with the weird hat

Are you talking about Captain Nigger?
>>
This is so pathetic. Everyone knows episode I is pure shit. But since everyone knows that you retards pretend to like it. Episode VII meanwhile is pretty good and you guys pretend to hate it.
>>
>>64081243
>>64081355
More underage. The X-Men movie had been rumored for years. Until the film's promotional materials were released, no one had put much stock in the idea. It was also long before the average geek spoke of things like market audiences. Back then, we were so overjoyed that they would even make an X-Men movie.
>>
It was fun. Just turn off your brain, bro.
>>
>>64080909
Man all the reviews for this movie are great and the diversity is great with Natalie Portman being a main character. The story is kinda like ANH but that's OK you gotta start somewhere and it will expand and only get better.
>>
>>64080909
padme is a super cutie imo
>>
>>64081536
The reviews for TPM weren't that positive though. There was even talk that the film was simply bad.
>>
>>64081533
>underage
I am an oldfag, was in 6th grade when both those movies came out.
>>
>>64081534
this normie meme again
gtfo
>>
okay
>>
>>64080909

I was 10 when Phantom Menace came out, I was remember being disappointed by everything but Darth Maul and the Queen's Starship when I left the theater. The next two reminded me so much of the Phantom Menace I never really enjoyed them. Watched each of those turds once. I'm glad Lucas is gone. Even though I don't like Disney the franchise is in better hands than that hack.
>>
Really funny fuck up by George

The guy that they replaced>>64081379
with was the same guy they used for the clones instead of that other kiwi
>>
File: natalie-portman.png (251 KB, 343x726) Image search: [Google]
natalie-portman.png
251 KB, 343x726
>>64080909
D R O P P E D
>>
>>64080909
there was a massive reaction of disappointment back then, troll harder
>>
I'm six and I think it's awesome.
I want a Qui Gon action figure so bad. Hope I'll get to see the old movies soon.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.