[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does being a scavenger raised by a slavedriver give you:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 236236261.jpg (1 MB, 770x1100) Image search: [Google]
236236261.jpg
1 MB, 770x1100
How does being a scavenger raised by a slavedriver give you:
>Expert piloting skills
>The ability to speak Wookie
>Bo staff ninja fighting skills
>better marksmanship than Stormtroopers raised to kill since birth?
>Telepathy, both defensively and offensively
>Jedi mind tricks
>Light saber skills

I can understand knowing tech I guess and even speaking droid but not much else.
>>
It was a rushed movie is how. They should have built up to it, but then again...money man.
>>
>>64050745
>expert piloting skills
the force
>ability to speak wookie
she seemed fluent in a lot of languages to begin with
>bo staff ninja fighting skills
scavenger
>better marksmanship
doubt
>telepathy
force
>jedi mind tricks
force
>light saber skils
marysue

tl;dr we want the female audience
>>
It's a quarterstaff.
>>
>>64050745
Growing up completely independent on a desolate desert world with stuff always trying to swindle and kill you explains the fighting, resourcefulness, and (to an extent) piloting skills, and she seems to be highly force sensitive. If you're this desperate to find things to pick apart at least think it through before you embarrass yourself.
>>
>>64050745
Honestly I think it will be explained that she was created by the force by Luke or something. And that led to kylo being super Sith. It's too early to shit on it completely but jew jew should have his balls bustled so that the next director will bring his A Game.
>>
File: Skywalker.jpg (55 KB, 928x481) Image search: [Google]
Skywalker.jpg
55 KB, 928x481
>>64050745
>>
>>64051106
Man shut the hell up with you apologist bullshit. It's faggots like yourself that excise shit movies that we're in this predicament. You gave to have standards you retards, so that we can get better movies, even if you think the movie was okay. Have some fucking self respect.
>>
>>64050745

>Expert piloting skills
Some simulator, it's in the novel I think
She's shown knowing some languages needed on that planet, maybe there used to be Wookies there? Maybe she had to do with Wookies in her past?
That's BECAUSE she's a scavenger. She'd have been raped to death if she was unable to defend herself.
Simulator maybe as well. I honestly am not sure where you even get this from?
>Jedi mind tricks
>Light saber skills
Muh force
>>
The force I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>64050745
>Expert piloting skills
plot convenience
plot convenience
plausible, she would need to defend herself
plot convenience
>Jedi mind tricks
she had prior training, had her memory wiped and somehow forgot about the Force for 20 years
>Light saber skills
plot convenience
>>
>well shit,I'm trapped now and that guy is so edgy,he's going to kill me
>...what if I just ask that stormtrooper to free me?
>what if I just ask him again,maybe it will work
>he told me to fuck off ,but maybe if I ask him again
>holy shit it worked

Just what the fuck.I'm fine with her being a force genius,but how the hell did she even think of that?
>>
>>64050745
Because they fucked up her character. Everyone else was pretty spot on except Rey.
>>
>>64050745
>>64050745
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Rey's_Survival_Guide

Basically, being an orphan scavenger means you have a lot of free time to read, and fix shit, and fend for yourself.

They'll play her up as being very emotionally unstable in the next movies.
>>
>>64050745
because midichlorians are actually vaginal bacterias
>>
>>64050745
>speak wookie
We can infer there are millions of spoken languages in their galaxy from c3po being "fluent in over 6 million forms of communication" the majority of which are probably spoken.

There's likely a much smaller number of languages that are probably used more commonly in situations where you'll be trading with different alien species and wookie is possibly one of them. Think of it in the same way that Earth has over 6000 spoken languages but a successful importer or businessman would only really need to know a few like Chinese, English, German, Spanish, etc. but could probably get along just fine without learning Swahili or Chamorro.

The English spoken in Star Wars is probably like that galaxy's equivalent of Mandarin.
>>
>>64050745
>>Expert piloting skills
She winged it, but really all Skywalkers were good pilots.
>>The ability to speak Wookie
She lives near a trading hub. its not unbelievable for her to pick up a few languages.
>>Bo staff ninja fighting skills
She grew up alone. She learned to defend herself over the years.
>>better marksmanship than Stormtroopers raised to kill since birth?
All main characters > troopers.
>>Telepathy, both defensively and offensivelyou can have this
>>Jedi mind tricks
And this
>>Light saber skills
Kylo wasn't in top condition.
>>
>>64053579
>Kylo wasn't in top condition.
Actually he was,pain only makes a sith stronger,that's why he was hitting himself the whole time
>>
>>64050745
You forgot
>The ability to speak Droid
>>
>>64053841
Morse code? I mean you could understand it but you wouldn't speak it.

Most of Rey's abilities can probably be chalked up to JJ's annoying penchant for super-duper amazing protags but the language thing seems like people are trying to drill plotholes where there are none.
>>
She's the only thing that bothered me in the movie
When the Trooper said he wasn't going to do shit i was filled with hope and it was insta wrecked
Heck, even Finn managed to be fun, Poe even more so.
Rey's just a Mary sue, it's textbook
Does everything right, eveyrone loves her (Chewie and Solo? Han letting her correct him? fuck off...)
Fights perfectly, saves herself, destroys the villain in seconds even when she had no training.
it's just infuriating
>>
>>64051260
You literally can't disprove any of that within the movies universe though.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.