[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The prequels are comfy as fuck. Fun storytelling, awesome wo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: 51x9gYHs55L.jpg (45 KB, 377x500) Image search: [Google]
51x9gYHs55L.jpg
45 KB, 377x500
The prequels are comfy as fuck. Fun storytelling, awesome worlds, great characters, awesome action, and meaningful moments. True Star Wars.

I noticed that before 2009, a lot of people liked the prequels. Many were disappointed, but few outright hated them, and like I said, A LOT of people were willing to say they liked them. A thread like this couldn't exist today:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.72432-Am-I-the-only-SW-prequels-fan

Ever since Plinky the fat fuck made his reviews, Redditors have constantly linked to them, as if "Another guy said these movies suck so they suck!!!1111 I can't form my own opinions lol11!" He nitpicks the movies so much, his fans don't realize that you can nitpick ANY good movie to that level and it'll look bad.
>>
File: 1450923877144.jpg (426 KB, 1601x1278) Image search: [Google]
1450923877144.jpg
426 KB, 1601x1278
Indeed. As soon as the word "Plinkett" is tossed, you can safely disregard the person that made said utterance.

Prequel hate is nothing but a meme. Only intelligent intellectuals are able to see behind the illusion and grasp the ingenious storytelling and world-building the prequels deliver.

Do not stoop down to the level of all drones that parrot the same hackneyed "criticism" they veil as nothing but the repetitive phrase a la "DUDE PLINKETT LMAO". It's a schtick, a tiring at that.

The prequels are infused with grandeur that outshines anything modern cinema has produced in the past decade and due to their artistic merit, they will stand strong as timeless beacons of astute wit and film making.

Be a freethinker, not a redditor.
>>
As a child (around 12) I thought the prequels were cool as fuck, the lightsaber duels, the action and especially the podracing. Although if I watched them now I'd find them absolute shit.

Geonosis, Naboo, the cloning facility, Corasaunt, the wookie planet, Mustafa, the trade federation, droid armies, podracing, new spaceships. So much new shit, a lot of it no good but still new. And with all this new stuff the extended universe had a lot of material to work with.

I hope now that episode VII is done as a soft reboot, episode VIII will experiment more and do something new.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>64031775
>Be a freethinker, not a redditor.
>>
>>64031845
>>64031836
Reddit has arrived.
>>
>>64031580

True dat OP

Saga masterrace.
>>
> meaningful moments

"Hold me Annie bo bannie like you did back on Tattooieblooie!" - jar jar
>>
Phantom Menace is kind of enjoyable to watch. Revenge of the Sith was alright too. Not on the same level as the originals, but they at least have their moments.
Attack of the Clones was shit no matter what though, except maybe the score.
>>
>>64031964
The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.
>>
The prequels sucked, TFA was a rehash of ANH. I don't understand this prequel bandwagon that 4Chan has decided to follow, they were still bad movies regardless of the original content.
>>
>>64032002
Hello reddit!
>>
>>64031994
10/10 copypasta faggot, it's actually in my clipboard right now lmao

The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.
>>
>>64032033
Hello autist
>>
newfags need to leave.
>>
>>64032049
>copies original post made two posts above
>lol pasta i have in my clipboard that i just copied from u

Nice to meet you reddit.
>>
being anti-reddit in this case doesn't make you look good. There is no intelligent position you can come from if you defend the prequels.
>>
>>64032098
>>64032066
We reddit now.
>>
Prequels are horrible.
>>
>>64031580
You're clearly an underage if you think that Plinkett magically made everyone hate the prequels. They've always been hugely divisive, RLM just spelled out in explicit detail why they're poorly made movies.

Personally, I don't hate the prequels. They're extremely flawed in the storytelling department, and the over reliance on CG is annoying, but it's got top notch worldbuilding and some great characters. If there's any way I would describe my impression of the prequels, it would be "wasted potential".
>>
>>64031775
>implying non-SJW meme movies don't exist.

top kek
>>
>>64032165
>>64032180
Redditor refugees are getting out of hand.
>>
>>64032216
#Make/tv/GreatAgain
>>
>>64031580
>plinky the fat fuck
Woah hey careful, you wouldn't want to hurt his feelings. It's easy to forget over the internet, but he's a real person with real feelings. His weight has nothing to do with his opinions.
>>
>>64032312

>muh fatshaming

first reddit and now tumblr?
>>
File: 1450819643314.jpg (310 KB, 1232x888) Image search: [Google]
1450819643314.jpg
310 KB, 1232x888
why do you keep posting this

i love the prequels, just make a thread titled /prequel love/

stop blaming plinkett it's a fucking fallacy

i literally watched the plinkett reviews last night and i still enjoy the prequels
>>
Does ne1 have a screen shot of the threads on /tv/ before TFA came out? You would see nothing but shit post on the prequels, now their the greatest thing ever. Reddit has came to nest.
>>
the prequels are good movies.Attack of the clones was my favorite as a kid. I remember tearing up when obi wan said "you were the chosen one". The prequels filled in the gaps the original trilogy had.
>>
>>64032352
He's a real person, love
>>
>>64032412
It's the Zelda Cycle mentality, where the previously agreed upon worst thing becomes an underappreciated gem as soon as a newer entry in that series is released.
>>
I just marathoned through them all and found that I did enjoy the prequels. They are super comfy and have a lot of emotional moments.

The main thing I noticed about them though is the soundtrack. The score for the prequel trilogy is amazing.
>>
>>64032460

Do you think he cares what /tv/ says about him?
>>
>>64032387
STYLISTICALLY

DESIGNED

TO BE THAT WAY
>>
>>64032486
Yeah the score is superb and gives a lot of emotion to moments which lack them due to the lack of realism within the characters and the scenery.
>>
"I hate sand"

Prefags think this is the greatest love line written since TFA came out, how sad.
>>
The release of the Star wars 7 made me go and rewatch the old ones. I found the contrast between the original trilogy and the prequels, where the original trilogy movies are just your typical actiony blockbuster flicks, while the prequels had much more depth, and relied far more on story telling rather than simplistic action plots like in 4 to 7. Everything was far more nuanced and didn't have to rely on dramatic bullshit. Just compare the opening of New Hope and Phantom Menace.

Phantom Menace
>2 jedis sent to resolve a trade dispute
>hints at a complex and very interesting society in an expansive universe
>doesn't have to rely on any ADHD shit like "da death star gonna blow up ur planet!!!"

New Hope
>U r Da princess u hold da key 2 da galaxy!!
>luke Da evil empire killed ur parents.... Come with me u r da chosen 1
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-29-23-29-08.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-29-23-29-08.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>64032741
>trying this hard
>>
>>64031580

Dude they're fucking awful and if by comfy you mean "so dull and boring you fall asleep" then yeah, I guess they're comfy. It's poorly paced storytelling with images so dense you can't focus on what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>64031580

>MC was a total fucking psycho
>1/3 of the entire trilogy is people sitting in a room talking
>fights are ridiculous displays of laser dick waving
>long dialogs about boring political bullshit
>Most of the characters are either boring as shit or unlikeable ass all hell
>3 fucking movies for a vader origin story

especially that last one. They could have made a vader origin story and an empire origins story with a 2 and a half hour movie and it would have been fine. So much god damn fluff. Who cares about shit like the origin of C3PO and R2D2 they're fucking droids.
>>
it's like literal fucking poetry that now a bunch of threads are spawning on /tv/ praising the prequels
>>
>>64032994
You haven't watched them in a while have you?
>>
>>64032994
I like how the most common argument against the prequels I see are "too much talking not enough action!". If 4-6 came out today it would be tossed aside as the same fucking generic action bullshit that Transformers is.
>>
>>64031580
When will this meme die?
>>
>>64033019
But the only thing poetic about this is that I'm vomiting in stanzas.
>>
>>64031580
This is a tired meme. The prequels are fucking garbage.
>>
>>64033158

I mean if they were talking about things that were intresting that might be different. The action in the prequels was mostly bad too. I mean I loved the grievous fight but that's more because i love grievous.

Remember the scene with the factory? i'd probably rather have boring ass talking than that shit.

>>64033047

I'm willing to admit it's been awhile
>>
>>64031994
>>64032049
>Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.
That's pretty true though
There wasn't much keeping me there other than it's a Star Wars film
It felt like part of the Avengers
>>
>>64031580
Ep III was okay at best. The other two were utter shit.
>>
I don't remember anyone hating TPM before AotC came out. Actually i remember going into AotC with everyone excited. The main thing that ruined the prequels was the terrible casting choices in AotC. They chose a bunch of budget bin New Zealanders for alot of the speaking roles and of course Hayden Christenin. Had they cast the films better they would have been fine
>>
People actually liked the prequels before some fat hack decided to nitpick them for 5 hours and upload it on the internet. Anyone who can't see the beautify poetry of the prequels is nothing but an edgy teen trying not to "fit in".
>>
File: images-10.jpg (14 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
images-10.jpg
14 KB, 401x367
>it's now contrarion to like the prequels
>>
>>64033764
Reddit contrarians truly know no bounds. It's sad to see how much the prequel hate meme has invaded /tv/.
>>
Ep7 is just glorified capeshit in comparison. Fuck that. Atleast the prequels were something new.
>>
Sheev is infinitely more enjoyable than everything in VII put together.
>>
they were basically liveaction anime
>>
Say what you will about the prequels, no character was as fucking terrible as Rey. Made star wars 7 go from a solid 8/10 to a 4/10
>>
>>64031580
I disagree with your opinion, but if you like them then good on you.

Although I will say I don't hate Jar Jar as muh as everyone else seems to. I don't exactly like him but I think people overreact just a little.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.