[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If R2 went into low power mode at the same time that Luke left
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: R2-D2_41dacaa9.jpg (78 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
R2-D2_41dacaa9.jpg
78 KB, 768x432
If R2 went into low power mode at the same time that Luke left in search of the first Jedi temple then how does he have a map that leads to Luke ? Why would Luke have to search if R2 had a map, and what was he doing for 12 years by himself ?
>>
first of many plotholes in this POS film

why did the falcon have to "fly low to avoid the radars" on Jakku when only two tie fighters were chasing them?

how did diasy ridley know about using the force to order people around when she was a nobody scavenger with no knowledge?

Abrams can't write a solid script to save his shit life
>>
>>64030544

Luke decides to fuck off to Jedi planet

>Here R2D2, I'm going to give you a part of the map of where I am. You've been a loyal and integral part of my life so I'm sure you'll know when to use this information

Then he meditates/trains in the ways of the Force.

>>64030658

They were avoiding radars of a larger "mothership" so that they wouldn't send MORE reinforcements

>how did diasy ridley know about using the force to order people around when she was a nobody scavenger with no knowledge?

Jedi's are legends, the basics of their powers would be at least somewhat known to the galaxy at large
>>
stop nitpicking dude, can't you turn off your brain for two hours and have some fun?
>>
>>64030658

Kylo literally used the first to try to tell her what he wanted to know in the scene before. Thats how she learned of it.

And TIE fighters found them because they were looking for them? You need a radar to see whats right in front of you?
>>
>>64030854
like that lightsaber fight at the end, ridley is kicking ass until ren gets the upper hand. He mentions the word "force" and she all of a sudden realises she has the force!

Le character development!

In 2 seconds she has understood the force better than him and kicks his ass. Girl power!
>>
>>64030921
faggot
>>
>>64030921
jj knows it's bad to be sexist, its 2015 donchaknow?
>>
Why did Luke let Ben run free and do whatever he wants ?

How did Rey sneak around the First Order HQ without getting caught ?

How did the First Order manage to convert a planet into a weapon without anyone noticing or taking action ?

Why does the Resistance exist when there is a perfectly good Republic for them to be the army of ?

The trick about this film er...movie is to leave your expectations and brain at the door when you see it
>>
>>64030921
This fight bothered the shit out of me. I realize that Kylo is kind of a retard, and just got shot but even still how did he manage to get beat that badly by some scavenger who 2 days earlier had never stepped foot outside of her planet or held a light saber in her life ?
>>
>>64030921
reddit
>>
>>64030921
Ren pretty mich dominates that fight until Rey calms down and focuses, something a gravely injured Kylo couldn't do.

he'll probably kick the shit out of her in the next one
>>
>>64031086
Its a fucking sword, and Ren was blasted by what was essentially a mini cannon. He actually almost wins.
>>
itt: I want the entire story spoilfed to me in a 30 second powerpoint presentation
>>
>Five planets get destroyed by the Starkiller laser
>No-one blinks a fucking eye

Why do these AMERICAN films glorify death?
>>
>>64031287
>itt: I want the entire story of a children's movie spoilfed to me in a 30 second powerpoint presentation

FTFY
>>
>>64031287
all you need to do is watch a New Hope and it turns out Greedo did shoot first and was accurate. There's Ep VII for ya
>>
>>64031028
>because he trusted him as he was his nephew

>because it's a massive fucking base and the force is protecting her

>because the republic is incompetent and the first order is still massive and obviously has the resources, the starkiller was probably talked about during the empire but made during the first order

>because the republic doesn't have an army but lets planets create their own and they talk about the senate in this movie, also Leia is leading a resistance of fighters that are trying to stop the first order because republic doesn't view them as a threat as they thought the empire died from before

>implying you aren't just fucking lazy and can't piece together plot points
>>
>>64030921
>He mentions the word "force" and she all of a sudden realises she has the force!

You mean exactly what Obi wan did to Luke when he's flying the x-wing at the end of ANH?
>>
>>64031445
Also it's obvious we don't know everything yet, Luke could explain why Kylo went away and what happened. We also need to learn about Rey and why she was left on Jakku and who she was waiting for. If you want everything explained in the first movie you're an idiot, this is a ride that doesn't end till the last movie.
>>
>>64031086

They explicitly establish that rey has fighting training with a stick weapon on jakku, she beats up two people at once who were trying to steal BB8

a lightsaber isn't really that much of a stretch
>>
>>64031445
>''HURR even though you slaughtered an entire generation of Jedi and I have the power and rescources to bring you to justice I'm just gonna let you go cause you're my nephew DURR''

Not even that poster but come on man, you're really reaching here
>>
>>64031566
Why didn't Obi Wan kill Vader when he switched to the dark side :^)
>>
>>64030544

Luke was already researching where the temple was located, the map was his work, and where he intended to go

it wasnt like he was livetweeting his travels or whatever
>>
>>64031566
We don't have the context though you fucking retard. Maybe Luke bested him and left him for dead, maybe Kylo didn't kill anyone and Luke sent him after who did it as a test, maybe Kylo had help (like from fucking Snoke), there's a lot of shit we dont know. If they dont answer it in the next two then you can complain but right now you're a fucking retard.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.