[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's face it. Revenge of the Sith is a completely dece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
Let's face it. Revenge of the Sith is a completely decent Star Wars movie. Lucas improved vastly from EpII with a plot that held itself together and characters with proper arcs. It also has the best score in the series by far and some pretty iconic scenes and shots.

https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1450888572479.webm
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1450888745831.webm
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1450888934184.webm
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1450889051903.webm

With the lessons he learned in ROTS and with a possible co-director, I am certain Episode VII would've been much better in his hands than the Disney corporate soul suckers. At the worst case scenario, we would've still gotten some iconic scenes or landmarks. Now, we got nothing. Just a bland mess of forgettable shit.
>>
>>64007393

People need to stop saying this stupid shit. Sith is every bit as bad as, if not worse than, Episodes I and II. The plot of Sith is a hodgepodge of nonsense and bad ideas that doesn't hold together at all, the characters are obnoxious and atrociously acted other than McGregor, and most importantly, the movie is lifelessly directed and mechanically edited. Badly paced, devoid of personality, rife with un-dramatic drama and unfunny humor. Episode VII was a great deal of fun, it felt fresh and exciting. And it was actually less derivative than the prequels, which were the most derivative fan-fictiony shit since Star Trek Voyager.

Your taste is in your ass, OP.
>>
>>64007517
>Episode VII was a great deal of fun,
R
E
D
D
I
T
>>
>>64007393
>Let's face it. The Force Awakens is a completely decent Star Wars movie. Abrams improved vastly from EpIII with a plot that held itself together and characters with proper arcs. It also has the best score in the series by far and some pretty iconic scenes and shots.
>>
>>64007517
EpVII is fun. Just turn off your brain bro!
>>
File: 1318048548385.jpg (212 KB, 719x479) Image search: [Google]
1318048548385.jpg
212 KB, 719x479
>>64007393

I think Revenge of the Sith is actually better than Empire Strikes Back but not as good as Return of the Jedi to be honest family

>>64007517

Anyone who isn't a fucking RLM/Plinkett parroting pleb who can't appreciate true space opera knows that A New Hope and Return of the Jedi have always been superior to Empire and that Revenge of the Sith is just below A New Hope.

T
>>
>>64007551
>fun isn't allowed on 4chan
>>
Prequels will shit on this new disney crap.
>>
>>64007517
>it felt fresh and exciting

2/10 made me reply
>>
>>64007585

Kill yourself.
>>
>>64007580
>durr Star Wars was thoughtful cinema for intellectuals before the new one came out
>>
>>64007589
Reddit isn't allowed on 4chan. If you want a movie made for upvotes, go there.
>>
>>64007609

I'm right and you're wrong. Deal with it.
>>
>>64007551
>I can't refute it so I'll just quote him and call his opinion reddit
>>
>>64007650

No.
>>
>>64007638
Prequel movies were a whole lot smarter than TFA. And they weren't even smart to begin with

>Guys, should we explain the current political climate of the galaxy?
>Nah, fuck it just say it's like the end of ROTJ
>But the empire was de-
>FUCK YOU INTERN SHIT. MAKE IT HAPPEN. THIS ISN'T BORING POLITICS MOVIE. IT'S FOR FUN, JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN BRO
>>
File: 1400985439735.jpg (202 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1400985439735.jpg
202 KB, 717x880
>>64007656
>>
>>64007650
see
>>64007660
>>
>>64007517

>Episode VII was a great deal of fun

BRAIN
>>
>>64007660
It's refuted in the OP. TFA has no soul. It has no iconic scenes. It's a mess of copypasta shit with some capeshit humor added. Far worse than ROTS ever could be.
>>
>>64007393

Episode 3 was mediocre. The first minute was amazing, then the next hour or so is just awful, then it gets really good again and for the most part stays that way until the end. I liked it, but it wasn't great. It reminds me a lot of movies like Star Trek or Pacific Rim: they're entertaining, but you would never hold them up as an example of great storytelling.

>It also has the best score in the series by far and some pretty iconic scenes and shots.

Definitely. IMO, the biggest disappointment of the prequels is how so many people working on it did a fantastic job (Williams, people involved in the costume designs, McGregor, even Christensen and Portman did the best with what they had), but the whole thing was brought down by a horrible script written by a guy who should have known better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQjXeMBRt50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRgXGigPKuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZhE_a_A0zU
>>
>>64007686
>I love my ebin memes bro

Take your own advice.
>>
>>64007393
Remember when this movie fucked up the Emporer's face, Vader, force ghosts, Leia, the big duel between anakin and obi-wan, and had a robot with four lightsabers? Oh and Obi-Wan rides a stupid lizard around while 90% of the galaxy's jedi get shot by guys with guns simultaneously in a series where jedi are fucking dragon ball z characters.
>>
>>64007686
>Projecting
>>
File: dudebro.jpg (12 KB, 440x321) Image search: [Google]
dudebro.jpg
12 KB, 440x321
Why are you all hating on The Force Awakens? It's fun. Just turn off your brain, bro!
>>
>>64007714
>TFA has no soul. It has no iconic scenes.

The scene on the walkway at Starkiller Base was iconic imo.
>>
>>64007760
Do you mean with Solo and Ren? Because I'm pretty sure most people forgot about that already.
>>
>>64007760

lol wut
>>
File: 1407986387298.gif (996 KB, 334x357) Image search: [Google]
1407986387298.gif
996 KB, 334x357
>>64007613

Empire is certainly a great film and one of the most iconic films of all time, but it pales in comparison to Return of the Jedi which successfully combines the fun and adventure of A New Hope with the darkness of Empire.

Empire really is the weakest film of the original trilogy, even if it set the tone of the whole saga with its epic yet somewhat hamfisted reveal which is actually made retroactively better because of ROTJ's follow up to this reveal (some people at the time of ESB actually thought Vader might have been lying), and everyone who isn't just a Star Wars casual parroting meme opinions knows this shit.

Deal with it.
>>
File: star wars.jpg (364 KB, 1232x697) Image search: [Google]
star wars.jpg
364 KB, 1232x697
Disney is going to make Star Wars safe, easy and unimaginative. There is no incentive for innovation when the mass market doesn't demand it. Capitalism bitch. Disney's gonna exploit the shit out of this.
>>
>>64007393
The action improved.

But Anakin's half-assed conversion, Padme's bullshit death that felt like a last-minute add-on, younglings, and all the other retarded shit still keep it from being as good as it could have been.

Ep.7 ultimately feels like a vehicle for selling merchandise, and the extremely heavy merchandising reinforce that feel with me. It doesn't take any chances, the pacing is so smooth and metered out that there's nothing that ever jumps out and surprises anyone, and the story does too much borrowing from the original trilogy.
>>
>>64007714

ROTS only has iconically bad scenes. Also, TFA just came out, so I think debating whether or not it's going to stand the test of time is pretty useless.

>It's a mess of copypasta shit
You're thinking of the prequels.
>Like Jedi? Here's a bazillion of them!
>Like lightsabers! Here's a bazillion of them!
>>
>>64007816
seconded
>>
>>64007750
>Remember when this movie fucked up the Emperor's face

His face was already fucked up, remember episode VI?

>Vader

His fall to the dark side was definitely rushed, but there was no time for it. The first two episodes were completely worthless filler, I look at Episode III as Lucas trying his best to undo the damage he caused with The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

>Leia

Why? Because she claims to remember her mother as "beautiful, but sad"?

>the big duel between anakin and obi-wan

I thought it was pretty good.

>and had a robot with four lightsabers?

Yeah, this was really poorly handled because it came out of nowhere. Again, pointless filler in the first two episodes ruined a potentially interesting character.

>Oh and Obi-Wan rides a stupid lizard around

The lizard was about as dumb as a tauntaun.

>90% of the galaxy's jedi get shot by guys with guns simultaneously in a series where jedi are fucking dragon ball z characters.

They're not fucking dragon ball z characters, though. We see Jedi running away from superior firepower in the first 5 minutes of Episode I, then about a dozen Jedi get killed by droids with guns in Episode II. There was also the element of surprise in Episode III, none of the Jedi were expecting the clones to turn on them until about a second before it happened.
>>
>>64007759
see
>>64007638
>>
>>64007780
>>64007803

Really? I thought it was one of the most important scenes of the movie, how could people have forgotten about it?
>>
>>64007805

I can deal with the fact that you're completely wrong. Can you? I'm guessing you can, since you only developed this opinion to be contrarian.
>>
>>64007750
>in a series where jedi are fucking dragon ball z characters.
For the sake of the star wars universe making ANY sense, you have to push this notion out of your head.
Jedi is an ancient, dying religion because a skilled soldier with a blaster will normally kick their ass
But they're really clever, like academics

And it just so happens that Anakin, obi Wan, Mace Windu etc were god-tier powerful
But they don't represent the average jedi
This is the only headcanon that can make sense

This also explains why luke, who never really did anything that powerful was considered so great - because most jedi train their entire lives and are less competent with the force than he was after a few months
>>
>A literal demon announces he's going to be the sole leader of the New Galactic Empire

>WOOOO YAAAAAA KICKASSSSS!!!

Why?
>>
>>64007816
Star Wars was always safe and easy, stop being stupid.
>>
>>64007660
Fun is subjective, how the fuck can you "refute" an opinion?
>>
>>64007844
>Ep.7 feels like a vehicle for selling merchandise

Did you just sleep through the years when the prequels were coming out or what?
>>
>>64007914
It was one of the most important scenes, that doesnt make it in any way memorable.
>>
>>64007914
It didn't really have an impact for me. But then again, I never really considered that guy Solo anyways. To me, that's just an old guy playing Solo. Solo is that charming wise ass from the OT.
>>
Say what you will about VII being derivative, at least it was competently directed. The prequels were a chore to sit through. This film was not. That alone makes it better.
>>
File: CZ4D2pf.webm (953 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
CZ4D2pf.webm
953 KB, 1280x544
>>
>>64007965
They were shit scared of him. He had already removed the only opposition that could deal with him. The rest were probably applauding out of fear.
>>
File: 1396094837443.jpg (164 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1396094837443.jpg
164 KB, 800x800
>>64007941

>b-b-but Reddit told me Empire was best! You're just being contrarian for the sake of it!

Fuck off, m8. ROTJ has been my favorite since I was a little kid.
>>
>>64008086
>ROTS apologists will defend this
>>
>>64008121

What's wrong with it?
>>
>>64008085
>at least it was competently directed.
It really wasn't. Why did Abrams insist on those fucking close-ups? It felt like some VR experience where I would kiss the protagonists or something. And then you have all that needless CGI in a movie where they said CGI would be kept to a minimum. What the fuck was Maaz? Her CGI was shit. And so was her character. And Snooke? Looked like a fucking videogame villain. Never make your villain CGI. If you make your villain CGI, then your direction is SHIT.
>>
>>64008117

ROTJ was my favorite as a kid too. Then I grew up.
>>
V>IV>III>VI>I>II>IX>VIII>VII
>>
>>64008176

this is actually correct
>>
>>64008158

I can understand you feeling that way so long as you're not a member of the prequel defense force, because those films were drastically worse in that regard.
>>
>>64007393
It's biggest flaw is that the two previous films are shit and don't set it up properly.
>>
>>64007393

It's nearly a decent movie, but it still has a lot of problems.
>>
>>64008191

No it's not you fucking idiot
>>
>>64007585
>I think Revenge of the Sith is actually better than Empire Strikes Back but not as good as Return of the Jedi to be honest family

HOLY SHIT you have the worst fucking taste

jesus fuck man i really hope you're trolling because it's fucking heartbreaking if you're a real person.
>>
I'm pretty sure that empire is best as a standalone film judged only by its own merit

But if you don't fucking love ROTJ than you never saw the films as a child

Phantom menace is a painfully bad film that's only entertaining if you're a child/not paying attention to the story

AoTC is better, a serviceable sci fi adventure film with lots of really cool action and inspired environments (coruscant was fucking awesome)
But it's marred by cringey dialogue between anakin and padme and seeing yoda flipping round with a lightsabre

ROTS is a good film. Not OT good, but good. You have to accept that the canon had already been irredeemably fucked up by this point so there wasn't much they could do to fix it. So instead they just made a decent-ish star wars film. Obviously it still has its flaws but it's miles better than the PM and AOTC
>>
>>64008164
>Then I grew up

And realized you'd get more fedora points for saying Empire is best when it isn't, I know.
>>
>>64007580
>>64007551
>>64007703

>I'm too smart to enjoy this movie

http://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-23-17h31m56s521.png (878 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-23-17h31m56s521.png
878 KB, 1920x816
>>64008196
Look at this motherfucker. You see him you're scared shitless. And he has that creepy Good Uncle thing about him aswell. Let's not pretend the prequels did everything wrong and everything that isn't the prequels is great. It's that kind of bullshit that lets Disney get away with a movie that is a copypaste with awful direction decisions all over the place.
>>
>>64008228

True power ranking:

ROTJ > ANH > ROTS > ESB > TPM > AOTC

ESB being the best is just a meme.
>>
I will never understand why people overrate RotS so much.
>>
>>64007393

FIND ME ONE FLAW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve1889zS030

PRO TIP: YOU CAN'T
>>
>>64008205

The biggest flaw is that the main character is completely unlikable and his transition to evil makes absolutely no sense in a film that is supposed to be about a tragedy in which a great man is destroyed by himself.
>>
7>5>3>4>6>1>2

4 and 3 can be swapped depending on personal taste, but other than that, this is the only acceptable order for a sentient person. Anything else is just mindless contrarianism or mindless OT fanboyism, which is the most cringeworthy shit imaginable.
>>
>>64008265
Sorry I don't browse Reddit. You must've mistaken me for yourself.
>>
>>64008272
>You see him you're scared shitless

Actually, I'm shaking my head and chuckling. Nice try though.
>>
File: 1436718079839.jpg (76 KB, 2048x1347) Image search: [Google]
1436718079839.jpg
76 KB, 2048x1347
>>64008293
>>
>>64008322
If that makes you shake your head, what does a big CGI Playstation guy with the name of Snooker do?
>>
>>64007517
>copy of VI
>"less derivative"
>>
>>64008285
No clue. At first glance it has a cool lightsaber fight, but then you realize how ridiculously long and sterile the entire thing is. Just people attacking eachother's swords with lava flying around. Combine it with wooden acting that relies on an emotional conflict that you don't give a shit about, because of the wooden acting and nonexistent chemistry.

Shit that ROTS did well:
>Big setpiece space battles. Wish we had more capital ship fights, that stuff is awesome and I fucking love it.
>Big setpiece fights. The Senate lightsaber fight was a cool spectacle JUST from sheev flying around throwing shit. Yoda is goddamn stupid flipping around. Would've been GOAT if it was Obi-Wan fighting him.
>Soundtrack was great

Shit ROTS didn't do well:
>Plot. Holy shit why push that Padme pregnancy bullshit? Why not just have Anakin rage out and kill her.
>Characters. No one likes eachother and it shows. Only Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid gave a shit in this movie.
>Hamfisted connections to the original trilogy just so you can say some bullshit like 'it wrapped everything up nicely.'
>Over-reliance on CGI. Overdiscussed to the point of it being a circlejerk.
>>
>>64007585
My mom saw the original Star Wars in theaters, and The Empire Strikes Back 5 times. She thought Return of the Jedi's intro and the ewoks were fucking lame, and all the Star Wars prequels sucked when they came out.

But she probably was a time traveler who saw the plinkett reviews 30 years in the future.
>>
>>64008293

actual ranking:

5>4>6=7>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3>1>2
>>
>>64007393

"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause"

BRAVO! Bravo, lucas. Are you guys still saying he can't write dialogue?
>>
>>64007914
>>64007760
That scene was only okay because Han died and that kind of painted over the unintelligible dialogue before
>>
>>64008438
I would honestly put 7 above 6. 6 was goddamn stupid and it's hard to find a version that doesn't have that stupid Jedi Rocks dance number in it. Ewoks are goddamn stupid as an adult. If they could edit out every Ewok in the battle of Endor and replace it with a rebel fighter than it'd be GOAT material.

6 was a better core movie than 7 but the design and directorial decisions are so fucking terribad that it brings it down.

>>64008476
>one person speaking
>dialogue
>>
>>64008249

No, I matured and realized that Jedi was a Saturday morning cartoon with teddy bears and friendship that is basically a cheap imitation of Empire, the only legitimately great film of the series including the first one. Endearing characters with actual development, a real feeling of danger and things being at stake, a huge twist that no one saw coming and Jedi pathetically attempted to ape off of, an amazing climactic duel sequence that Jedi (and Sith) pathetically attempted to ape off of, the introduction of some of the most memorable characters of all time (Yoda, Lando, the Emperor), brilliant cinematography, need I go on? Empire wasn't for kids, Jedi was. This is just fact. You are still, mentally, a child, so you prefer Jedi. That or you're the one going for fedora points, which is especially pathetic considering you're doing so by defending a cuddly family film.
>>
>>64008415
You realise Padme had to give birth right? Like it was actually unavoidable?
>>
>>64008438
6 is actually worse than 7, because of the Ewoks and the Jabba's palace. Also the mexican alien on the Millennium Falcon was annoying too. He just spoke some random language and laughed.
>>
>>64008284

ESB not being the best is a meme, actually.
>>
Sheev and Obi Wan were the only good parts of this movie
>>
>>64008415
>Why not just have Anakin rage out and kill her.

And kill Luke and Leia before their birth? That would be the ultimate fuck you to the fans from George, I wish he did that actually
>>
>>64008415

So...you know...Padme had to be pregnant...you know...to have Luke and Leia...
>>
>>64008293
>Anything else is just mindless contrarianism or mindless OT fanboyism, which is the most cringeworthy shit imaginable.

That perfectly describes those who defend Sith.

V>VII>IV>VI

The prequels don't count.
>>
>>64008518
>>64008499

while i agree with both of you, all the stuff with vader, luke and sheev is absolutely top notch
>>
>>64008508
Sure, and I have no problem with that. The 'death in childbirth' thing was just very stupid. They could've done anything more tragic to kill her-- down to her actually being killed by someone else (oh shit maybe even Sheev) and Anakin having premonitions about her dying-- but not in goddamn childbirth. That was stupid.
>>
>>64008571
Why do you place The Force Awakens higher than A New Hope?
>>
File: 1403054408400.jpg (27 KB, 368x399) Image search: [Google]
1403054408400.jpg
27 KB, 368x399
>thread devolves into power rankings
>>
>>64008361

He was my least favorite thing about the movie, but he also wasn't in it very much.
>>
>>64008499

also, Harmy's despecialised bro
>>
>>64008499
> not liking this ending
https://youtu.be/bBMqJ9mQKpI
>>
>>64008394

Yeah, I know. That's where we've gotten to. A remake of A New Hope is less derivative than the prequels, because that's how fucking derivative the prequels were. They were fanfiction, pure and simple. Like this Star Wars stuff? Here, let's overexpose and trivialize the shit out of it.
>>
>>64008595
But the amount of time spent on the Ewoks and Jabba's palace is huge. It's over half the film. And the ending has them celebrating on the planet with the fucking Ewoks and their gay dance.

People talk about what George could have done to give a huge "fuck you" to the fans of Star Wars, but he already did that in the 80s by having such a terrible ending to a trilogy.
>>
>>64008476

I've always thought Lucas must've not written that line, because it's actually kind of decent.
>>
>>64008660
The prequels brought tons and tons of new shit into the series. All 7 did was shit on it so they could reboot the damn thing. Fuck you and your shit taste.
>>
>>64008508
>>64008569
>describing why we didn't need a prequel in the first place
>>
>>64008631
This ending fucking sucks. ROTS and EBS endings are the GOAT.
>>
>>64008726
> Nooooooooooooooooo

Ok then
>>
>>64008664
Exactly. I re-watched ROTJ a week ago before VII, and I was just sitting there wondering how I ever put up with this shit when I was younger. It felt more like those derivative Ewok spinoff movies-- like some weird high fantasy sci-fi. I kept wondering when the Star Wars shit was gonna happen, it felt so ridiculously unlike Star Wars. Even the prequels felt more relevant than the Jabba's palace + endor ewok sections (oh wow a plot section where Luke needs to have 3PO fly around using the force in order to convince the teddy bears that they're okay-- because it's unethical to kill teddy bears in order to not be burned alive.)
>>
>>64008660
TFA brought literally nothing new to the series but a black janitor and a Mary Sue.
>>
>>64007862
Retarded regurgitation of Mr Cucklett
>>
>>64008709
And we need more sequels with a Darth Fedora why? At least the prequels had fucking Sheev
>>
>>64008749
Hoping VIII does more. I guess I can see why they played it so safe: they needed to show that it was possible to not fuck up a new star wars movie. Instead of doing something crazy, they took almost negative risk in their plot decisions. Which is kind of boring, but I'm hopeful for VIII to actually do something pretty interesting.

Gotta get that investment money back goyim.
>>
>>64007517
>it was actually less derivative than the prequels
The prequels were shit but this really isn't true.
>>
>>64008613

I think Kylo Ren is a more interesting villain if you consider that they sort of made Darth Vader more interesting in Empire and in Hope he was just your typical bad guy. Also I think the idea of Finn, a stormtrooper who realizes his own individuality, is really neat and for whatever reason it intrigues me more than a normal person realizing they have some great purpose, ala Luke. Also I thought it was better directed. Lucas did a terrible job directing Hope and it was saved in editing as everyone already knows. TFA has a lot of flowing camera work and interesting shots. All that being said, I acknowledge it's kind of unfair because Hope came out in 77 and TFA had the added benefit of feeling like fucking therapy after the prequels.
>>
>>64008741
Which was minutes until the actual ending. The last three scenes of ROTS is Vader and Emperor watching the Death Star being built, Leia in Alderaan and then Luke in Tatooine overlooking the sunset. It ends exactly the right way.
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1450889051903.webm
>>
>>64008708
>The prequels brought tons and tons of new shit into the series.

Yeah. Midichlorians. I'll pass.
>>
File: 1450282201082.gif (2 MB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
1450282201082.gif
2 MB, 438x363
>>64008424

Nah, your mom just passed her shitty taste onto you.

ESB is a great movie, but it's harmed by the fact that it's the least stand alone film of the saga and the reveal itself kind of comes out of nowhere and takes a whole 'nother movie at least and four movies at most to make sense of it. And the middle just doesn't keep your attention as well as the 1st and 3rd act, whereas ANH is a roller coaster ride almost from start to finish. The darkness that people love about ESB is also bested by ROTJ's Sheev scenes alone. Not to mention ROTJ has some of the best lines of the entire trilogy.
>>
>>64008782

We didn't need more sequels. But now we have one, and it's pretty damn good.
>>
>>64008741
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSWiMoO8zNE

ok then
>>
>>64008879
>The darkness that people love about ESB is also bested by ROTJ's Sheev scenes alone

This is completely fucking wrong
>>
>>64008906
>it's pretty damn good.
Let me guess, you also liked Marvel's Avengers.
>>
>>64008660
Do you understand that calling something derivative isn't really the same thing as calling it fan fiction?
>>
>>64007879
>His face was already fucked up, remember episode VI?
Just an old evil dude, not a puffy marshmallow man because of force lightning that required more EU bullshit to explain than parsecs.

>His fall to the dark side was definitely rushed, but there was no time for it.
so it's fucked up

>Why? Because she claims to remember her mother as "beautiful, but sad"?
yes

>I thought it was pretty good.
The balcony they fight on totally falls into lava but thankfully there's robots they can surf on over the lava like a Turtles in Time bonus level. Not to mention why they fight is fucking stupid.

>Again, pointless filler in the first two episodes ruined a potentially interesting character.
And you don't get to image some better version of III just because some of its issues were because of I and II, this is still a problem in III

>The lizard was about as dumb as a tauntaun.
I'm just gonna let that speak for itself. The lizard is much stupider because it looks like shit when Obi-Wan isn't also cgi, it clashes too much.

>We see Jedi running away from superior firepower in the first 5 minutes of Episode I
using super speed that never comes up again

>then about a dozen Jedi get killed by droids with guns in Episode II.
While the on screen droids killed by jedi count is dozens times higher

>none of the Jedi were expecting the clones to turn on them until about a second before it happened.
Yeah, it's not like Jedi have feelings or intuitions about shit. It's not like a jedi should be able to kill a couple clones or anything.
>>
>>64008937

Yup, that was also a good movie. Come at me.
>>
>>64008972
>Yeah, it's not like Jedi have feelings or intuitions about shit
Yeah, according to you, Jedi should just "feel" the movie plot five minutes advance, completely nullifying every element of surprise.
>>
anyone got a "i have failed you anakin, i have failed you" webm?
>>
>>64008879
>the reveal itself kind of comes out of nowhere and takes a whole 'nother movie at least and four movies at most to make sense of it

Uh...it makes perfect sense after you watch The Empire Strikes Back, even if you were in 1980. All the things that Obi-Wan said explain it pretty well.

>And the middle just doesn't keep your attention as well as the 1st and 3rd act

It's still an amazing part and was probably the biggest lore building of the entire Original Trilogy, with Yoda training Luke and teaching him about the force, and about his past and future.
>>
File: DidIEverTellYou....jpg (33 KB, 272x363) Image search: [Google]
DidIEverTellYou....jpg
33 KB, 272x363
Watch out for that vicious bounty hunter Boba Fett, Luke. Did I ever tell you about his father? He was hired to assassinate a senator that me and your father were guarding. We kept bringing her around open windows and public areas in order to draw her wouldbe assassin out, but his cunning surprised even us. He had used his payment to hire another bounty hunter to kill the senator for him while he sent us on a wild goose chase. And then that 2nd assassin used her payment to buy a robot to assassinate the senator for her. Did I mention the 2nd assassin was a shapeshifter? She could have been a good friend in disguise for all we knew! Where was I? Oh yes, then that robot used its payment to buy poisonous bugs to release into the senator's room while she slept, after lasering a hole through the window. It could have just lasered her because we we weren't watching her at all, but it as not a good shot. So we sense the hostile life forms in the room and rush in and save the senator in the nick of time! Then I jumped out the window to chase the robot back to its owner! Luckily it didn't have a self-destruct function. Then we found the 2nd assassin and chased her across the planet, and caught her when she tried to kill us instead of shapeshifting and escaping. But to our surprise, Jango Fett was watching the whole thing instead of going to kill the senator while we were away chasing the bugs chasing the robot chasing the shapeshifter. He shot her with a poisonous dart instead of sniper blaster, and only her instead of shooting all of us or blowing all of us with a rocket or something, then he escaped with his dumb jetpack. Mace Window killed him later, right in front of Boba. Mace was a good friend. Boba is a bad friend.
>>
File: 1450514630502.png (519 KB, 719x699) Image search: [Google]
1450514630502.png
519 KB, 719x699
>>64007393
Does anyone think there's something really unnatural about the way Obi dismounts in that last webm? It reminds me of Han stepping on Jabba's tail. it looks weirdly cut & paste.
>>
>>64009015
No, according to Episode I even padawan obi-wan can sense something is fucked up about the negotiations. The force is magic mystic bullshit and at the height of their order they mostly get wiped out by people shooting them in the back.

I'm not saying jedi can never die from blasters, but that's how most to almost all of the Jedi died before the OT? That's fucking stupid.
>>
File: starrank.png (755 KB, 1126x1096) Image search: [Google]
starrank.png
755 KB, 1126x1096
It's pretty much agreed that EP 3 is changeable in terms of rank with ROTJ and TFA, nobody debates that. The question is can it surpass ANH or ESB?
>>
>>64007393
>"pretty iconic scenes and shots"
>posts embarrassingly horrible shit
>>
>>64009144

No, that is not agreed. At all. Stop saying it. Ep 3 is the worst of the entire series.
>>
>>64009082
You know you can do that for all of them right, especially 7?
>>
>>64009119
Even if they could sense it, I doubt they could do much about it being surrounded by an army of fucking clones.
>>
>>64009216
No you can't, he's dead in Episode 5, 6 and 7
>>
>>64009207
>Ep 3 is the worst of the entire series.

if you are a massive faggot than yes it is
>>
>>64009144
>neutral watching TFA
>big smile on his face watching PHANTOM FUCKING MENACE

Stop this foolishness at once
>>
>>64009082
They would have sensed the droid's intention to shoot her.
Think a little.
>>
>>64009263

Fuck you, Sith apologist. That movie was dogshit. Completely ruined the backstory for Darth Vader, a far greater offense than either of the other two.
>>
File: 1450468102447.png (387 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1450468102447.png
387 KB, 600x700
>>64007393
>>64008476
Yeah it's almost a good fucking line. Too bad it follows that ridiculous declaration by Palps. "Hurrr we Empire now." Does anyone think this would go over well with an actual Republic? They don't even have a vote or some shit? Does Lucas think Caesar Augustus got in front of the senate and declared the Roman Republic an Empire one day? "Empire" is the term we use to signal a political shift in Rome. They never actually called themselves that, and it continued on for at least a hundred years as a Republic in name only. Lucas unfortunately is extremely hamfisted when it comes to inserting politics in his space opera. He's no Rob Heinlein.

And really politics has no place in SW. SW should always be about pic related. Alpha fuckers battling evil.
>>
>>64009309

This.
>>
>>64009272
1) Droids are not connected to the force and it's well established Jedi can't sense them
2) They wouldn't sense it flying to their building, setting up a laser powerful enough to open a massive hole in her window, the air of the room suddenly becoming freezing cold due to being on a skyscraper several stories up with a window wide open, the blinders going mental due to the air pressure, and then they didn't sense it sticking a tube into the room which could have been a blaster.
>>
>>64009309
>SW should always be about pic related.
Hello Reddit army. 4chan sends its regards ;)
>>
I agree, it has a certain grandiosity to it, like an elaborate yet cheesy stage play
>>
>>64009309
You do realize that Palpatine had more or less complete control and had just wiped out the only power able to withstand a sith lord, right? He had complete power over the senate. Even if they didn't like it, they couldn't do much but applaud and smile.
>>
>>64009354

Hello, Reddit sleeper agent. The real 4chan says GTFO
>>
File: 1445798373081.jpg (15 KB, 287x277) Image search: [Google]
1445798373081.jpg
15 KB, 287x277
>>64008500

The sum of your argument is: Empire is the best because it's less kiddish and more grim derp. Both statements are wrong because all the Star Wars films were basically written for children or all ages.

You also mistake "bad guys winning" with maturity

>a real feeling of danger and things being at stake

ROTJ had this as well.

>a huge twist that no one saw coming

yeah, because it really didn't make a whole lot of sense with ANH. While this was probably the most important contribution of ESB, it actually harms the film itself because it comes in so late into the movie and the movie just sort of ends without any explanation for how this shit is possible and without any clear hint to this effect even within ESB, let alone ANH. Jedi is the whole reason the reveal in ESB is so great because it makes sense of it and gives it real weight and impact.

ESB is a good film but it suffers the most from sequelitis. Even each of the prequels is more stand alone than ESB while you actually need ROTJ to make ESB's most important scene feel truly great.

>>64009044

>All the things that Obi-Wan said explain it pretty well.

You have to wait until ROTJ to find out how ESB makes sense with ANH and a lot of Obi-Wan's explanation can be summed up as "I fucking lied, but not really". Even as a kid I noticed that the story could have easily not made Luke Vader's son and both ANH and most of ESB could still remain the same and be great films with little to no damage to their merits.
>>
>>64009400
Thanks for the upboat ;)
>>
>>64009429
>you actually need ROTJ to make ESB's most important scene feel truly great.
It's the other way around. ROTJ's Luke v. Vader has no impact without ESB.
>>
>>64007393
Kill yourself. You will never be right.
>>
>>64009342
>it's well established Jedi can't sense them
Except that's wrong, retard.
It's clearly stated that they can sense droids in the official novelizations of the movies, also precognition is separate from sensing intentions anyway.
>>
Holy fuck this meme is getting annoying. Stop apologizing for ghe prequels. They were not good. By doing so you are the definition of contrarian.

Not liking VII is fine, but being blind to the atrocious movies that were the prequels is just trying to be different.
>>
>>64007393
lol good troll. Nice job posting the worst clips you could find.

Christ that last one. The green screen is so bad I cant believe that made it into the film. Also Joel Edgerton??? Did not remember him being the foster parent at the end.
>>
>>64009222
The force is more significant than the ability to blow up planets, fuck you.

Look what a barely trained Luke did in the beginning of RotJ.
>>
File: 1446415087555.jpg (62 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1446415087555.jpg
62 KB, 342x342
>>64009526
>It's clearly stated that they can sense droids

Yet they didn't sense a droid manufactured for assassination missions fly up to their room specifically, open a window with a big fucking laser, and poke a big object through the gaping hole in the window
>>
>>64009589
Oh yeah they should have just caught the droid before it even did anything that sure would make good cinema.
>>
>>64009586
But according to that logic, the jedi would never fall but anywhere but against sith. It's shitty. Jedi aren't supposed to be super warriors.
>>
>>64009589
The jedi don't have radar from your video games anon
>>
File: ayyevans.jpg (31 KB, 338x449) Image search: [Google]
ayyevans.jpg
31 KB, 338x449
>>64009630
Implying it was good cinema in the movie
>>
>>64007393
>characters with proper arcs
>Mace Dindu
Nope
>>
>>64009495

>ROTJ's Luke v. Vader has no impact without ESB.

Except for the fact that it does? ROTJ is no more dependent on ESB than ESB is dependent on ANH, but ESB is hella lot more dependent on ROTJ than ROTJ is dependent on any of the films in the trilogy or the greater saga. You can show just ROTJ to someone who has never seen any Star Wars or knows anything about it and they easily can get "okay, this black suited bad guy is that guys father who turned evil and people lied to him about it. I get it." Someone who watches A New Hope first and then ESB will be like "what? wait how is that...huh, the movie's over? what the fuck?"

Again, there were plenty of people when ESB first came out who weren't sure if Vader was actually telling the truth.
>>
File: BIN-AL-FLECK.jpg (85 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
BIN-AL-FLECK.jpg
85 KB, 400x395
>mfw can't come up with a single scene in TFA that matches the scenes in OP
Can anyone help me? The movie was so forgettable and useless.
>>
>>64009589
Except she wasn't in mortal danger until the bugs specifically engineered to throw off Jedis were so fucking close to killing her that Anakin had to run and shave Padmé's face to kill the bugs.
>>
>>64007844
>>64008007
sounds like neither of you were around for the original trilogy either
>>
>>64009721
the droid poked a big tube through the window to get those bugs in. It could easily have been a fucking blaster.
>>
>>64007393
That first breath in the Vader suit is actually pretty great. I'll give Lucas credit for that.
>>
>>64009770

I like the part where you finally see how Vader sees the world just as it's being put on.
>>
>>64009703

Han's death...that's all probably
>>
>>64007580
You don't need a brain for any of the other Star Wars movies.
>>
>>64009589
If we want to pick on this that badly, lets address the map in 7 as well then. Tell us how the fuck with nearly an eighth of the galaxy included, "we can't find these in our database". Its fucking retarded. People would be crashing into planets left and right if that much was left out of even basic hyperspace maps.
>>
>>64009835
When did I say I'm defending Episode 7: Another New Hope?
>>
File: d57.png (10 KB, 567x522) Image search: [Google]
d57.png
10 KB, 567x522
>>64009649
>in a Star Wars thread on fucking /tv/ implying video games are mindless
>>
>>64009429
>Empire is the best because it's less kiddish and more grim derp
Wrong. Grim derp is another form of kiddish, Empire has actual maturity. I understand you don't know the difference between something that is made for adults and something that just has dark shit in it.

>Both statements are wrong because all the Star Wars films were basically written for children or all ages.
No. This is something Lucas pulled out of his ass to defend how puerile Star Wars gradually became, starting with Jedi.

>a real feeling of danger and things being at stake
>ROTJ had this as well.
It had a feeling of everyone being a family! And we all have to go save our friends, and stop those naughty bad guys! And then have a party! With fuzzy wuzzy teddy bears!

>yeah, because it really didn't make a whole lot of sense with ANH
Of course it did, if you're smart enough to understand things by osmosis. Once Vader reveals he is Luke's father, it's not even much of a leap to realize Obi Wan didn't tell him the whole truth to protect him.

>it actually harms the film itself because it comes in so late into the movie and the movie just sort of ends without any explanation
They were making a trilogy. They left some things open for the final installment. Also, again, it's not that hard to imagine the rest of the explanation. Sometimes over-explaining can be a bad thing. Like Midichlorians. It's not a flaw that Empire leaves you wanting, that's another reason why it's so good. And the further exploration of that stuff in Jedi is basically the only really great material in Jedi. The stuff with the Emperor and the final duel. The rest is saturday morning cartoon adventures in Jabba's palace and fun with Ewoks.

>ESB is a good film but it suffers the most from sequelitis
Empire introduces the most new material, far more than Jedi does, which as complete sequelitis. Like the Darth Vader reveal? Here's the Leia reveal. Like the Death Star? Here it is again.
>>
I don't even know why I come here anymore.
Just a bunch of epic memester teens.
>>
>>64009679
>Again, there were plenty of people when ESB first came out who weren't sure if Vader was actually telling the truth.

Yeah. Stupid people. Like you're going to reveal the shocking twist of the century and then in the next film be like "Nah, I was just messing with you kid."
>>
>>64009760
They would have sensed she was in danger far more easily than the bugs.
FUCKING
THINK
FOR
A
SECOND
>>
>>64009864
I'm implying the idea of people having this constant radar is from video games
>>
>>64009941

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (99 KB, 869x586) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
99 KB, 869x586
>>64007393

Sometimes I sit in my room and think to myself that maybe I should write the next star wars story, Something that kids of the new generation will look back and say "THIS WAS COOL" kind of thing, something to be remembered for ages and they show there kids how big and what an impact the movies had on them.

hollywood needs more stories that don't come from a book and was written only for the big screen like avatar and star wars was. even people are tired of re-boots and want something somewhat new.

Im gonna do it /tv/. Im gonna do something with my life and start writing.
>>
>>64010148
You are too old.
>>
>>64007393

I remember pretty vividly when anakin opens his eyes wide while the vader mask slowly comes close to his face. That was pretty crazy to me when I saw it in theaters. I knew it was coming but seeing it happen was all too amazing.

Say what we want about the prequels but out of them I think 3 is the best of the prequels.
>>
>>64009982

You're clearly either mentally challenged or deliberately playing dumb to avoid the fact this scene is indefensibly stupid. For the last time - if they can't detect the droid coming up to the window and lasering it open, what's to stop them not detecting it lasering her. It'd only take one 'bullet'
>>
>>64007973

Bullshit, star wars cost a shit ton of cash to make and it was almost never made since lucas got rejected so many times with the proposal because people wanted to make sure it would make a profit.

Thats one of the reasons why lucas went with episode 4 first since if he couldn't tell the full story then at least as a stand alone movie it would still be decent.

Star wars episode 4 was a HUGE risk and lucas had faith in himself that it would be something huge and he was right.
>>
>>64007585
King Pleb the Plebbiest of Plebistan
>>
>>64009703

Its the curse of JJ abrahams. His movies are pretty good at giving what audiences want in a film to enjoy themselves but they never really remember about the movie afterwards.

He's more suited for TV shows. He was a great director for lost but I can barely remember the movies he directs. They are fun to see in theaters but I don't leave the theater feeling completely remembering its stories.
>>
>>64010369
They didn't sense the droid cutting the window because there was no danger involved in that, that's simply how the force works, if its intention was to shoot Padme they would have sensed she was in danger.
The point here is that they sensed that Padme was in danger, not that the bugs wanted to kill her.
You are retarded and don't want to admit that you are complaining about nothing, Jango even specifically says they have to resort to subtler techniques.
>>
File: battle of utapau.webm (3 MB, 936x400) Image search: [Google]
battle of utapau.webm
3 MB, 936x400
why were there no big battle scenes like this in TFA?

Where did the FX budget even go?
>>
>>64010620
He doesn't have the stamina to do a cohesive 2-hour story arc without cramming in CGI spectacle like the tentacle porn sequence, which added absolute nothing to the story and felt weird as fuck.
>>
>>64010906
We wanted to replicate the low budget feel of ANH.
It's what the fans wanted, :)
>>
>>64010906
wow
I never realised how horribly rots has aged
>>
>>64011071
I think we're back
>>
No, it isn't. It's good for some amusing unintended comedy and McDiarmid's scenery chewing. It's a fairly bad movie otherwise.

Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens have their share of problems, too, but nothing like Revenge of the Sith. Revenge is the best of the prequels but it's not good. It's not decent.
>>
I used to think to myself "Damn, what a world we coulda lived in if Christian Bale wasnt just rumored for Anakin, but was actually cast! Episodes II and III might have been good, and the Nolan bat movies would star Josh Hartnett!"

But then I remember chair director George Lucas would have fucked it up even if Daniel Day Lewis was playing Obi Wan. The prequels are shit. Fuck you
>>
File: 1408807097320.png (36 KB, 995x579) Image search: [Google]
1408807097320.png
36 KB, 995x579
>>
>>64011064
If you watch it straight after Menace and Clones it's relatively enjoyable, but out of that context it's still objectively fucking awful
>>
>>64007585
>ROTJ over empire

I agree tbqh senpai
>>
>>64010906
what geam?
>>
File: lucas_web_2010_a_l.jpg (61 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
lucas_web_2010_a_l.jpg
61 KB, 675x380
Fuck Abrams the cocksucker hack. Lucas is an actual visionary even if some of his visions don't work out. This is why Jar-Jar movies are no more than just endless fanservice and tumblr pandering. He's not a visionary. He doesn't belong to the elite of directors that came to fame during the golden age of the 70's.
>>
>>64010906

the battle scenes in TFA were the best part, they looked like everything had actual impact, buildings getting destroyed and then they fight in rubble and shit, the prequels are just dumb lasers with puffs of smoke on whatever they hit
>>
>>64007734
Portman as an actress, not as a prop, is and will forever be utterly entirely and completely shit.
>>
File: 1383265586883.gif (988 KB, 200x167) Image search: [Google]
1383265586883.gif
988 KB, 200x167
Anybody who prefers the prequels to the OT is under 20 years old.

There is literally no other way it's possible.
>>
File: padme.jpg (11 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
padme.jpg
11 KB, 320x320
>>64011166
>the battle scenes in TFA were the best part
>random stormtrooper riot control goes on melee duel when he could've just blasted the janitor
>janitor goes toe-toe against a sith disciple
>Mary Rey defeats a sith disciple with no training whatsoever
>shaky cam all over the place
>constant Avengers-tier jokes in the middle of battle scenes that completely kill tension
Yeah no. Fuck that.
>>
File: 1444848655227.png (294 KB, 429x411) Image search: [Google]
1444848655227.png
294 KB, 429x411
>>64007393
I don't know if you're being ironic about this, but if you are, I want you and all the other bandwagon jumping faggots to know that you're no better than the literal retards that genuinely like the prequels.
In fact, you're worse.
Prequel fans at least have the excuse of not knowing any better, for one reason or another, and aren't trying to impress anyone.
You, a person on an anonymous image board about television and film, are ignoring everything you know about film in order to gain cyber credibility or notoriety, which will be forgotten the next time you post in another thread.

I honestly want you to consider suicide.
>>
>>64011299
Nobody is saying what you think people are saying, you reactionary little cunt. Only that comparing ROTS and TFA, it's fair to assume that Lucas would've been the better man for the job than Jew-Jew Abrams and the Disney suits.
>>
>>64009927

>This is something Lucas pulled out of his ass to defend how puerile Star Wars gradually became, starting with Jedi.

Lucas was inspired to make Star Wars because of his love for shit like Flash Gordon and Rocketman, sci-fi serials geared mainly towards young viewers or family audiences.

>It had a feeling of everyone being a family! And we all have to go save our friends, and stop those naughty bad guys! And then have a party! With fuzzy wuzzy teddy bears!

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with any of those elements except that people like yourself who want "mature films for mature people like yourself" think that the edgier a movie is, the better it is. Even if ROTJ is a "Saturday Morning Cartoon" it's very much in the same style as A New Hope, both of which pull off this campy "good guys fighting le big bad guys" better than Empire does whatever it's trying to do. ESB is good, but it really exists more as a bridge between ROTJ and ANH.

The duel between Luke and Vader in ROTJ carries a lot more emotional tension than just suspense and the scenes with the Emperor have a much darker sense of atmosphere than anything in ESB. Luke also experiences a much greater sense of temptation and you can actually feel him giving into his anger towards Vader and Sheev which provides the climax of Luke's entire character arc. In ESB, I never got the sense that Luke was in danger of falling to the darkside, at least not willingly.

Not only that, but ROTJ is able to make the Empire look both powerful and weak at the same time, whereas in ESB, you're kind of left asking how these are the same more cartoonish bad guys from ANH. ROTJ helps bring it all together.

Jabba's Palace totally shits on the middle act of Empire. And while the Leia sister thing is kind of pushed in there, ESB has not only the sudden father blindside but also the sudden romance between Han and Leia.
>>
>>64011246

TR-8R was one of the best parts
I hate rey but the trees getting chopped down while they're dueling and the raw feeling of the lightsaber fights were pretty cool
I didn't really notice the shaky cam or avengers' jokes
>>
>>64011358
It's what's every dumb fuck on this board who pretends to like the prequels is saying.
Lie to me if you want, but don't lie to yourself
>>
>>64011374
>And there's absolutely nothing wrong with any of those elements
Yes there is. There is everything wrong with dwarf teddies destroying the empire. Stop posting.
>>
>>64011116
>>64011064
Autism
>>
>>64011459
How is it wrong in saying that ROTS is better Star Wars than TFA? It's facts. Deal with it.
>>
>>64011085
>Phantom Menace
>top
pick one
though that chart is ok other than that
>>
>>64008291
>his transition to evil makes absolutely no sense

It makes perfect sense. Anakin is convinced Padme will die when she gives birth to their child, Palpatine seduces him with promises of Sith knowledge to stop death and save his wife. It just happens too quickly to seem natural.
>>
>>64011085
What kind of fucking pure idiocy is this? This is b8 right, because it's working.

The phantom menace isn't even a good movie overall, let alone fucking Star Wars. Jar Jar Binks, "midichlorians," no protagonist, terrible CGI, fuck man

WEESA GOING HOOOOMEE
>>
>>64011624
What? He doesn't transition to evil, he starts out evil. He literally murders women and children, and then whines for the rest of Ep II about inane bullshit

There's nothing noble or innocent about Lucas's Anakin, he's a little shit
>>
>>64011627
>no protagonist
This is a stupid RedditLetterMedia meme. Are you going to complain that War & Peace has no protagonist either?
>>
>>64011682
>He literally murders women and children

... who brutally tortured and murdered his mother, yes.
>>
>>64011774
I said WOMEN AND CHILDREN

You fuckers need reading lessons?
>>
>>64011374
>but it really exists more as a bridge between ROTJ and ANH.

The Star Wars movies have always been meant to be viewed as part of a series, even from the first movie. I don't know why people think only ESB suffers from requiring the other movies to understand or appreciate. Even ANH needs a sequel.
>>
>>64011684
ITS A FUCKING STAR WARS MOVIE. THE "PROTAGONIST HERO" IS KIND OF NECESSARY.

They didnt even pull off the dual protagonist route that FA went with because the two "main characters" (most would say Anakin and Obi-Wan) are barely ever talking to each other. I just really hate Phantom Menace, probably because of my bad memories with said movie.

And I've never seen RLM's review, I've heard it mentioned but I never got past the first minute because it's really long and I didn't have the time
>>
>>64011864

They were all complicit in the torture in some way. We never see sand people act in any other fashion but savages.
>>
>>64011903
How can a two-year old be complicit in torture? You idiots will do anything to defend the prequels, won't you

Anakin is a whiny murdering shit right from the start of Ep II
>>
>>64009309
>They don't even have a vote or some shit?
They voted Palpy to power, that's what the "dellow felegates" scene is about.
>>
>>64007393
None of these are half decent
The only good is the born of Vader but it is ruined by the "NOOOOOOO" within 10 seconds
>>
>>64007393
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW
>>
>>64011967
>Anakin is a whiny murdering shit right from the start of Ep II

The only event to which you refer is halfway through the movie, and again he was grief stricken, angry, and had the fucking power to do something about it. It's pretty stupid to criticize that moment of all things when it makes more sense than most of Anakin's turn to evil.
>>
>>64012005
The Sheev scenes are legit senpai
>>
>>64012032
Not really. He goes to free his mother after doing nothing about it for years and then, instead of just leaving, stops and murders not only the raiders who had captured his mother, but everyone in the village. And all this after acting creepy toward Padme and whining about Obi-Wan the whole movie

He does literally nothing good before his fall
>>
>>64007393
which videogame is this?
>>
File: 1442617624043.jpg (39 KB, 521x493) Image search: [Google]
1442617624043.jpg
39 KB, 521x493
>>64007517
>Episode VII was a great deal of fun, it felt fresh
>>
>>64012123
He wasn't supposed to be noble and heroic, they're showing how he eventually went to the dark side because it's obvious from those little things that he's naturally inclined to the dark side from the start
>>
>>64011895
TFA doesnt have a main protag just as much as TPM doesn't. Han Solo of all fucking people gets more screentime than any of the new crew and he doesnt come in til a third of the way through the damn movie.
>>
>>64011473

All the teddies did was help take down the Imperial forces around the generator. Stop acting like they're the ones who killed the Emperor.

And again, these are family movies.
>>
>>64012425
>He wasn't supposed to be noble and heroic
Yes he was, that's the point of the "good friend" meme, Anakin was supposed to be this great jedi who fell but the prequels never really show that. Anakin doesn't "eventually" fall to the dark side he's completely unstable from the beginning.
>>
>>64012665
White stormtroopers in the forest is also asking to be annihilated anyways, especially by camo wearing rebels and naturally camo ewoks. Not to mention trying to move ATSTs about... One of the few useful things I picked up from the new battlefront.
>>
>>64012425
It's not a tragic fall if they're evil from the start.

>>64012647
Finn and Rey.
>>
>>64012665
Family movie doesn't have to mean retarded movie. LOTR is also a family movie yet doesn't feature hobbits taking down an Orc army. There has to be some form of internal consistency. In EBS, the rebellion was almost destroyed by the Empire's onslaught. In ROTJ, they are crushed by primitive teddies. That's poor internal consistency.
>>
>>64007393

I must admit that I was much more hyped by the ROTS trailer in 2005 than by the Force Awakens trailers in 2015. Maybe that's just because I am 10 years older and don't care that much about all these things.

TFA is objectively a less flawed movie...but I still liked ROTS more (purely subjectively).
>>
>>64012814
Nah nigga, Finn is straight background noise the minute he bumps into Rey (literally has 3 minor moments post this), and Rey is nearly the same once she bumps into Solo and gets kidnapped midway anyways. Even Darth Hattipper gets more screen time I'd wager, and certainly more development than either of them.
>>
>>64012949
>TFA is objectively a less flawed movie
It objectively isn't. ROTS does a lot of good things that TFA doesn't, such as a memorable scores, memorable scenes and a scenes of greatness and scale. TFA is really flawed, despite mimicking ANH so much.
>>
>>64013000
>and a scenes
*sense
My trips wasted on a typo.
>>
>>64007517
the sad part is this probably isn't a shill, just your average /tv/ reddit user
>>
>>64009309
Palpatine could say whatever he wanted. The military was loyal to him.

Also you're a literal faggot.
>>
>>64013127
The majority of the senate was too, and those that werent were getting offed I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>64007393
stfu fucking youngling
>>
>>64007393
>At the worst case scenario, we would've still gotten some iconic scenes or landmarks.

you mean like Naboo and the iconic Gungan battle against droids?
>>
File: 1447820639801.jpg (19 KB, 337x332) Image search: [Google]
1447820639801.jpg
19 KB, 337x332
>>64011866

They all need each other, but ESB doesn't quite stand on its own as much as ANH or ROTJ do. ANH was made with the consideration that it might be the only Star Wars movie. ROTJ kind of has to take time to explain how the fuck it is possible that Luke could be Vader's kid when there was no hint of the sort even throughout most of ESB or anywhere in ANH, and then proceeds to try to make be something meaningful in the grand scheme of things, a responsibility later taken on by the prequels. ESB may be the most important in the franchise from one perspective, but it certainly isn't the best of the Original Trilogy, let alone the saga. Compared to ANH and ROTJ, it's much more dependent on previous and following entries in order to be enjoyable and the 2nd act just kind of chugs itself along compared the thrilling 1st and 3rd acts. It introduces Lando, but Lando is at his best in ROTJ anyway and the ROTJ gave us Ackbar, Jabba, more Boba Fett and Sheev.

>>64012858

>LOTR is also a family movie yet doesn't feature hobbits taking down an Orc army.

LOTR was technically geared towards teenagers, not so much children. Had Jackson stuck to the way Tolkien actually wrote Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, the entire story would have felt more like Return of the Jedi actually because Tolkien specifically wrote his books with younger children in mind.

>There has to be some form of internal consistency. In EBS, the rebellion was almost destroyed by the Empire's onslaught. In ROTJ, they are crushed by primitive teddies. That's poor internal consistency.

I don't see you complaining about the lack of consistency between the Empire and Vader in ESB and the Empire and Vader in ANH. Suddenly, the stormtroopers stopped banging their noggins against shit to become competent and suddenly Vader is the biggest bad ass and not just the bouncer at Club Tarkin. Return of the Jedi has plenty of consistency with both ESB and ANH, probably moreso than ESB does with just ANH without ROTJ
>>
>>64013473
Faggot Theed is one of the best cities in star wars. I'll fight you.
>>
If you watch the series in order, each film gets progressively better until episode vii.
>>
>>64012989
Well as soon as you can prove screen times go ahead. I don't really care about your feelings and willingness to gamble.
>>
File: _86218465_86218464.jpg (24 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
_86218465_86218464.jpg
24 KB, 624x351
This thread is full of contrarian opinions. Posting anti-contrarian pics to bring balance to the contrarians.
>>
>>64013561
i literally only remember it because of LEGO Star Wars

its sad actually because im sure some great artists worked on stuff like that, but its completely overshadowed by the badness of the movie :/
>>
>>64007517
>Episode VII... felt fresh

S H I L L
H
I
L
L
>>
>>64013660
Liking TFA on /tv/ is contrarian. Nobody fell for the initial Disney shilling. Now people are coming around and seeing the turd for what it is.
>>
>>64009309
>this post
>that picture
holy reddit
>>
File: BaQmzEj.jpg (1 MB, 2250x993) Image search: [Google]
BaQmzEj.jpg
1 MB, 2250x993
>>64013660
i cant see it anymore

>PREQUELS WHERE BETTER THAN FORCE AWAKENS
>AT LEAST IT FELT LIKE STAR WARS

The truth is: TFA cant beat the OT films but is still miles better than the PT

(subjective): the PT still had A LOT of awesome designs and some cool world building, still that doesnt save them from being shit movies with atrocious CG. McGregor and McSheev did a good job.
>>
>>64013660
contrarians LMAO!
Literally the only argument tfa suckers have.
>>
>>64013813
It's hilarious to me when people say the prequels feel more like Star Wars than TFA.
>>
File: OltscAg.jpg (258 KB, 1280x558) Image search: [Google]
OltscAg.jpg
258 KB, 1280x558
>>64013813
oh and i forgot the PT music was basically on par with the OT
>>
>>64013813
>but is still miles better than the PT

nah mate
3>1=7>2
that's how it goes
>>
You found this scene very cute. TFA is a decent entry to the sequel trilogy. Search your feelings anon, you know it to be true.
>>
>>64013858
And even that is starting to fail as more and more people actually start to outnumber the Disney shills and people can see this turd for what it rightfully is.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.