[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH >Some girl living in the middle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH

>Some girl living in the middle of bumfuck nowhere

>learned how to out-pilot professional soldier pilots who've trained since childhood, in a larger, older, beat up ship she'd never even touched before with some VR training sims

>Can fix said ship better than Han fucking solo, who has been working on that specific ship for like 30 fucking years. can fix or hack anything, for all reasons, just because she used to scrap junk on her planet

>is RIDICULOUSLY force gifted. more so than luke or FUCKING ANAKIN, who is literally basically force incarnate. goes from just learning the force is real, to using jedi mind tricks and telekinesis in like a day

>outfights a trained lightsaber combatant trained personally by luke and a sith lord. oh, but not at first. she just hears the word "force", which somehow lets her close her eyes and just become better for no reason.

>the entire plot revolves around her for no reason. Leia runs to hug her when she got back, as if they were such good friends. despite NOT EVEN SPEAKING TO HER ONCE before this. TOTALLY IGNORES CHEWBACCA, WHO IS AN OLD FRIEND, AND HAN'S BEST FRIEND.
And don't any of you motherfuckers try to say luke was the same. luke fucked up CONSTANTLY. he couldn't even forcegrab his lightsaber till the second movie, and was constantly being saved by everyone around him.

If not a mary sue, she's still a poorly written, overpowered walking plot device that is totally devoid of any arc or suspense. she just wins and succeeds.
>>
>>63995911
The only reason she outmaneuvered the tie fighters is because she knew the ship graveyard really well.

She fixed the ship because solo hasn't had it for a while and the fat dude added parts to it that she knew about.

No. All she did was the jedi mind trick and a force pull. The mind trick was retarded pandering though.

Same trained swordsman just got shot in the leg by a wookie bowcaster that had previously been shown to knock troopers off their feet into the air doing a backflip. When she hears force all she does is become more confident in her abilities.

It's pretty obvious that she's been trained before and has forgotten potential. It's clear Leia knows who she is and same with Han.

I'm pretty sure this is copy paste but whatever
>>
>>63996135

She was maybe trained until the age of 5 , then put on a tatouine like planet , how can a 5 years training or more like 0 years training can be relevant ?

Do not tell me she learned something about the force at age 5 .
>>
>>63995911
psst.

over here

RLM liked this film so we're defending it now, especially Rey
>>
File: 1330039997698.jpg (51 KB, 321x320) Image search: [Google]
1330039997698.jpg
51 KB, 321x320
>guys she had jedi training earlier in life that we weren't told about, explaining her knowledge of force powers

That's fine, but it doesn't suddenly fix the flaws of her character from a movie-watching point of view. The idea that her character only makes sense when you see the next movie is such a cop-out.

It'd be like if Neo did all the amazing shit he did in the Matrix but they waited till the second movie to explain how he became so adept at kung-fu and marksmanship within a matter of minutes. It wouldn't make any sense and the movie would be worse because of it.
>>
>>63995911
It wad good
>>
File: pits.jpg (24 KB, 431x339) Image search: [Google]
pits.jpg
24 KB, 431x339
>>63996662

YODA WAS TRAINING YOUNGLINGS IN THE FORCE AT THAT AGE YOU FUCKING PLEB DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT MY WAIFU!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: mfw feminism.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
mfw feminism.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>>63995911
she's just a shitty mary sue

thanks feminism
>>
>>63995911
a bunch of people are going to post rationalizations for this stuff.

but they're missing the point: even with footnote explanations, the movie didn't make it feel like she EARNED her abilities. that's the key part.

training sequences are a cliche for a reason. it's about the emotions involved in seeing someone go from being relateably shit at something to taking on the biggest badass around.

this movie basically threw all that in the garbage because JJ thought it was analogous to dialogue saying everyone on the Enterprise was top of their class at the Academy.
>>
>the entire plot revolves around her for no reason. Leia runs to hug her when she got back, as if they were such good friends. despite NOT EVEN SPEAKING TO HER ONCE before this. TOTALLY IGNORES CHEWBACCA, WHO IS AN OLD FRIEND, AND HAN'S BEST FRIEND.
This was really odd to me. Maybe there's some extra emotion fueling that action for Leia because she's all "this is my niece and she's going through shit", but that's assuming her being Luke's daughter is the case. That we didn't see her console Chewie was a real crime.
>>
>>63997196
They were at least 8 or so.

At 5 all can do is walking and barely talking/understand what other people say .

>pls
>>
She must have had her mind wiped, no amount of Force majiks would make her suddenly know the mechanics of spaceships and all that shit. There is clearly a lot more to these characters than episode 7 showed, makes me excited to see 8 and 9.
>>
>>63995911
fuck that shit, why did the Resistance only have a single squadron of X-wings and no capitol ships?
>>
She's a boring as fuck character. No one wants to see someone who's literally perfect
>>
>>63997675
Because they're not part of the Republic.
>>
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63996135
shut up, stop paying attention to the movie and using logic!
>>
>>63995911
>Leia runs to hug her when she got back

Vagina loyalty
>>
>>63995911

You pretty much described A New Hope.
>>
>>63996135

How are people so fucking dense that they still have a problem with this.

She literally says shes piloted before and spends the first 5 minutes in the Falcon crashing it into things.
>>
>>63997837
wait till its relieved shes sheevs niece, shes gonna go through some force crisis shit
>>
>>63997970
they ignored that part because it goes against them trying to find something to bitch and moan about.
>>
>>63997675
it was likely because JJ didn't want or didn't have time to figure out a proper space battle. the X-wing sequences have less work put into them than the Falcon chase through the wrekage on Jakku
>>
>>63997941
Here's your (You)
>>
>>63997352
>At 5 all can do is walking and barely talking/understand what other people say .

ah, the rey hater reveals his developmental problems, you have my sympathy you retarded moron
>>
>>63997634
No there won't be, JJ is a shit writer, and director. He wrote the movie Armageddon for fucks sake.
>>
>>63997948
in ep 4, luke didn't mind trick anyone, didn't telekinesis anything, WAS trained in the force, was knocked out cold, needed to be saved on multiple occasions, and pulled off exactly one impressive feat (making a fairly difficult bombing run), which is mitigated by the fact that he

>was being coached by Ben
>was an experienced pilot
>had some prior experience with the force
>his Grandpa WAS the force
>was saved by Han Solo
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.