[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't the New order have like 10 Death Stars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Ywing.jpg (102 KB, 700x550) Image search: [Google]
Ywing.jpg
102 KB, 700x550
I mean Star Killer base probably took decades to build compared to a Death Star.

Now let's talk about the Rebel fleet. Did they fucking lose in episode 6 or am I missing something? I'm not just talking about A-Wings B-Wings and pic related, where are the Nebulon-B Frigate's? Mon Calimari Cruisers?

What the fuck was leia's little ship? It was a shit box shuttle like from Star Ship Troopers.
>>
The movie sucked. Don't think too much about it. I was worried JJ would get the visuals all wrong and this wouldn't look like a SW movie, but the damage he did was far worse. I don't think that hack even read the script more than once.

Everyone used to shit on George Lucas even though he wrote several drafts by HAND! JJ probably just wrote everything on his iPad while sitting on the toilet.
>>
Why would you make a bunch of shit that your enemy has blown up in the past? Better make something new
>>
Well, OP, sadly 99% of the stuff is explained, but in the novelizations and companion books.

Once the Rebels won at Endor and the New Republic restored democracy, the Imperial Remnant went into hiding in the Unknown Regions. Many systems voluntarily stayed loyal to the Empire by the way and did not join the New Republic.

The New Republic was comprised by the same cucks that were the downfall of the previous government when it comes to attitude. They decided to disarm and be peaceful, didn't want to provoke the Imperials and to cause an arms race.

Several years passed. A new leader took control of whatever was left of the Empire, re-branded as The First Order and came back on the Galactic scene.

Meanwhile, Leia was suspicious and sensing what would happen re-formed the Rebels under a new name - The Resistance, affiliated, but not officially, with the New Republic. Funded by other sober and influential entities i the New Republic she keeps watch and tries to prevent the First Order from gaining ground.

It's a state of Cold War between the New Republic and the First Order with open war between the Order and the Resistance.

Also, the New Republic has a fleet, they are not that stupid, but it's fewer, yet newer, ships and designs. Much like the Order.
>>
>>63963993
But what happened to the Rebel Fleet?

They won. There should have been AT LEAST Y-Wings like in a New Hope.
>>
>>63964144
>But what happened to the Rebel Fleet?

Decommissioned after the the Empire fell. There was no need for it.

>There should have been AT LEAST Y-Wings like in a New Hope.

All replaced with newer designs. It's been 1/3 of a century senpai.

We either get new Y-Wing designs (like the new X-Wings and TIEs) or completely new ships.
>>
So why wasnt the republic fleet assisting the resistance during their attack on starkiller? Where the fuck were they? Am I supposed to believe all of republic fleet was orbiting these few planets which got destroyed and none of them entered hyperspace to fucking escape certain doom?
>>
>>63963993
>didn't want to provoke the Imperials and to cause an arms race
well that didn't work out too well. The Republic seems so incompetent, better let the Empire rule. Just need more people like Tarkin who can keep the sith on a leash.
>>
>>63964411
>So why wasnt the republic fleet assisting the resistance during their attack on starkiller? Where the fuck were they?

They are not at war and not ready to respond that quickly.

>Am I supposed to believe all of republic fleet was orbiting these few planets which got destroyed and none of them entered hyperspace to fucking escape certain doom?

No. That was neither stated nor implied, I don't know why you would draw such a conclusion.

Hux had plans to blow up hundreds of planets and bases, he did not mean he would destroy the entire New Republic with a single blow.

He blew up the current government and some ships, there are a lot more leaders and fleets out there, thanks to the resistance destroying Starkiller.

>>63964521
>The Republic seems so incompetent

Exactly, they suck. That's democracy for you.
>>
>>63964262
Maybe the X Wings were upgraded to Bomb
>>
>>63963549
Why would you put all your eggs in one basket and make a giant superweapon that has a fatal engineering flaw that threatens to blow the whole thing up?
>>
>>63964595
>They are not at war and not ready to respond that quickly.

That doesn't make sense. Every military trains to respond instantly in case of an attack. That's the whole fucking point of having the military while not at war in the first place. Not even the most incompetent government wouldn't realize that.
>>
>>63963439
There is a throw away line about the resistance and republic fleets being to scattered to recall them. Thats why Po suggests the xwing raid.

The bigger question for me is why they didn't have them flying cover for y and b wings... Since they're the bombers.
>>
>>63964739
Bravo, Jew Jew Abraham.
>>
>>63963439
>goes to attack Star Killer, headquarters of the New Order
>Only brings a dozen x-wing fighters

Who in their right mind would plan to attack a planet filled to the brim with enemies with only like 15 fighters?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 271x186
>>63964144
I COMPLETELY agree about Y-Wings and as a Y-Wing Fan I was really disappointed in the absence of them.

I know I know a fan of Y-Wings the most ugly rebel ship. I don't know why. I always love seeing them in A New Hope it really expands the universe for me

BUT it was a bombing mission you would think that they would have a ship that is made for frikken Bombings. I can see why B-Wings would be useless as just being a huge laser with a ship attached to it and A-Wings might be obsolete due to tech advances in the X-Wing after 30 years. But someone mentioned that the rebels were using outdated clone war tech in A New Hope and the Y-Wing was obsolete as well. I don't believe it!

Also Missing were TIE Interceptors and TIE Bombers another ugly ship that I love
>>
>>63964739
There may have been a small 'rapid reaction fleet' somewhere, fully loaded and fuelled to respond to an attack. Small because of the downsizing and cuts mentioned previously.
Even if there is a fleet, the majority will be with skeletal crews and may not be functional in terms of long term deployment and engagement.
I believe the resistance also needed to attack in a relatively short period of time due to the threat of their base being destroyed. Hence the time period may have been too short for even the Republics (potential) rapid reaction force to respond.
>>
>>63964736
> that has a fatal engineering flaw

It does not. It took a lot of bombing from the outside and sabotage from the inside to take down that particular part.

>>63964739
1. The New Republic are incompetent idiots

2. This >>63964773 and this >>63965153

Space is vast, can't just recall ships on a whim.
>>
>>63964144
It's the same with current military equipment. Today there's one multirole plane or a main battle tank, for what in the 70's there were 3
>>
>>63965118
It's because the Y-Wing was the workhorse of the Rebel fleet.
>>
>>63965118
The b wing is the only ugly ship.
>>
>>63965118
the Y-Wing is great looking tho, that speedtester they used on hoth was the worse looking imo.
>>
File: 1450687686103.jpg (17 KB, 541x559) Image search: [Google]
1450687686103.jpg
17 KB, 541x559
>>63963993
>Princess Leia and Resistance exist soley to watch the New Order and make sure they don't build weapons and shit
>New Order has time to build an entire planet sized, sun-eating super weapon
>New Republic doesn't see this as a threat

Literally the most stupid fucking plot I've ever seen. How can anyone defend this shit? At least the Clones had a literal hidden command built into their cloning sequence that only Palps knew about.

It'd be like if the US knew ISIS were building a literal ion canon in orbit and just said "lol, no need to intervene :3"
>>
>>63965373
But it made a great Lego set.
>>
>>63965447
Sheev please
>>
>>63964144
>But what happened to the Rebel Fleet?

It became the Republic Fleet, which, like the Republic government, was decapitated by Starkiller Base's destruction of the Hosnian system. The Resistance is far smaller than the old Rebel Alliance (given that the First Order is far smaller than the old Empire, or even the formal Imperial Remnant faction, that shouldn't be a surprise), they really only have a handful of small ships.

>>63964411

All of the fleet? No (though likely a fair amount of the "Ready" fleet that could react quickly), but something more important: The command staff. The elements of the Republic fleet scattered around the galaxy now have no central command, and no civilian government to issue orders.
>>
>>63965447
>New Republic doesn't see this as a threat

It's a murrican movie. Civilians and government are losers and keep the buff military guys from beating the evildoers.

Support the troops! :^)
>>
File: download (2).jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5 KB, 275x183
>>63965373
I do like the B-Wing due to they remind me of the A10-Warthog a plane where they built the gun THEN the plane to go around it. It's ugly it's slow but it's devastating. Same with the B-Wing. But in this mission in VII it would have been useless

>>63965345
>>63965383
I know I totally love the Y-Wing when I was a kid when they did the throwback ships I SPECIFICALLY asked for a Y-Wing for christmas and was disappointed when my parents got me an X-Wing I took my allowance and bought a Y-Wing

Its the staple hard working ship of the Rebel Fleet. Its a Bomber, It has Firepower, Its maneuverable to a fault and its speedy and its tough. But the X-Wing has it beat of speed and maneuverability
>>
>>63963439
why didn't the one hundred stardestroyers wipe out the entire rebel fleet? they didn't need the death star to do that, even the rebels themselves plain out state they have no chance against them all.
>>
Bump for a good thread
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.