[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are in charge of rethink the episode VII, you can make all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: the force awakens.jpg (48 KB, 770x520) Image search: [Google]
the force awakens.jpg
48 KB, 770x520
You are in charge of rethink the episode VII, you can make all the changes you want but three things:

>do not retcon or remove rey and finn characters
>do not recast finn and rey actors
>no yuzhan vong
>NO mara jade
>no star wars rebels characters
>>
>>63899165
>three things
>lists five
I dunno, I enjoyed it overall. And those exceptions seem lame anyway. Mara would be alright but I liked Finn and Rey, and their actors, and the Yuuzhan Vong were shit.

I'd have liked to see more with Phasma though. Probably kept the Starkiller base so they don't end up with a second one under construction in Episode IX.

Maybe more Jedi? Maybe make Maz one, instead of having her outright say she wasn't? It feels weird that they'd just imply they were all killed, and Luke gave up entirely. Some should have survived that incident.
>>
Remove super death star: the planet.

Poe is found after crash, all three escape not-tatoonie on the falcon together, poe flies, Rey is patching shit up, finn is shooting.

They have to stop in maz to meet Poe's resistance contact.

Final act is still rescuing Rey
>>
>>63899165
Save the poe alive reveal until the next movie and make it a better explanation than one line of dialog.
>>
>>63899526
As much as I disliked Rey being a master pilot with no training, I loved seeing Poe alive again. That reveal of a character we were lead to believe had died coming to the rescue in both a dramatic and believable way was one of the best scenes in the movie
>>
File: sw7 creature.jpg (64 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
sw7 creature.jpg
64 KB, 1024x576
Maz and Darth Plagueis are practical effects because there is literally no reason for them to be CGI. It's jarring and goes against what they set out to do with the effects in the movie.

John Williams is forced to sit down and come up with ONE memorable melody and piece of music.

Remove the helicopter shot. Possibly do the Luke reveal at sunset instead.

I do not have many problems with this movie but these are my biggest nitpicks.
>>
>>63899648
>we were lead to believe had died

If you kept ignorant of his black X-wing and all the commercials and trailers with him flying the X-wing, maybe.

It was dumb that just got thrown clear without his jacket, then found his own way off jakku, and they could only tell us instead of showing
>>
>>63899729
>helicopter shot
God, I didn't know what to call that final shot, but I knew something felt awful about it.
>>
>>63899165
Steps to a more successful Episode VII:

>Step 1) Don't hire JJ
>Step 2) Think of something more original. Don't pander to legions of muh original trilogy, muh nostalgia man children
>Step 3) Once you have an original plot, don't hire Lawrence Kasdan to write it. He's washed up and told JJ to avoid exposition, which made TFA a fucking confusing mess
>Step 4) Avoid poetry, unless clever and unqiue
>Step 5) Don't follow memes. Only include well written female characters, not strunk wimmin who need no man to hold her hand
>Step 6) Don't hire JJ
>>
>>63899165
replace ugly ectomorph with an actor
>>
>>63899165
Finn and Rey are relegated to unimportant side characters. Add new white male Sykwalker jedi lead.
>>
>>63899165
Change the last few scenes.
>Han is kill, Chewy goes full bear mode on Kylo but eventually retreats.
>Keep the fight between Kylo and Finn the same, I liked that he toyed with him until he got hit
>the fight between Kylo and Rey is completely one sided with Kylo explaining why she should join the dark side. Maybe give a little history as to why he joined
>eventually Chewy brings in the Falcon to save Finn and Rey. Maybe make Kylo attempts to stop the Flacon with the force to reinforce the idea that Kylo is an extremely strong force user.
>>
>>63901022
>Kylo is an extremely strong force user.
He isn't though. That's the point.
>>
>>63899165
that's like five things m8, is this a new meme I sense?
>>
Poe can't be in the entire movie, he'd steal the spotlight
>>
>>63901148
I thought his mind reading abilities and the fact that he could hold a plasma bolt for so long without concentrating on it gave the impression that his was pretty fun powerful.
The only thing that makes him look weak is Rey over powering his mind tricks and the light saber.

I have only seen it once a few days ago, so I might have the wrong impression.
>>
>>63899165

recast Kylo Ren. Not believable as the son of Ford/Fisher, at all.

Music could have been better.

really that's about it.
>>
>>63901022
chewie should have rushed kylo, beat his ass and get taken out by a ton of stormtroopers while rey and finn escaped. he shouldve told rey to leave and he had to honor his lifedebt. all i wanted was to see chewie literally tear off rens arm so we could have unlimited pottery
>>
Replace Rey with a cardboard cutout of Rey
>>
>>63899165

>When Rey is being held captive in the Star Destroyer, have her attempt at Force Suggestion fail and she has to Macguyver her way out of the cell with mundane means instead

>Make Poe's escape from Jakku a little more plausible

>Get rid of Phasma, she has no purpose in the movie

>Maz is not entirely CGI but puppetry or an actor in a suit. Make her a bit more of a shady figure than just friendly maternal yellow Yoda, to fit in with the seedy feel of an out-of-the-way dive that Han uses to lay low
>>
>>63900766
This is fucking retarded. Yeah so instead of all being vanquished and Luke is the last Jedi in exile (cool concept), there's some insert Jedi who feeds your virginal insecurities and /pol/ whack off fantasies. Fuck off dude.

Anyway, ideas that don't suck.

1. Make the First Order more underground and less powerful. I'm okay with the idea of a group of baddies wishing to continue the work of the Dark Side, but it's kind of lame that right off the bat they're as powerful as the Empire.

2. Change Rey. Strong brunette British lady. Gee, let's just bring Padme back, fuck it, that's not lazy. Make her more of a helpless normie who is nevertheless powerful with the force. I think it would have lent itself better to a character arc if she started off as a weak scared normie and grew after harnessing the force under Luke's guidance. Whatever.

3. Han doesn't die. I mean I imagine the only reason he did is because Ford wouldn't commit to 3 movies or something. If it was a decision regardless of that than it's forced edgy and unnecessary. The scene where he confronts Kylo Ren would have been more or less just as impactful had he not died and just been wounded and rejected by his son.
>>
>>63901462
>chewy attempts to tear off Kylos arm
>sleeve comes off
>it's a red, robotic arm
>>
>>63900766
this is the biggest thing by far
>>
>>63899899

He takes his jacket off before flying, they show it. There's no plothole.
>>
Remove any hint that Finn will ever have a romance in any of the films
>>
>nerds have already started "fix-fiction" about a flick that just came out

Stop
>>
>>63900576
>more successful

>the largest domestic box office opening weekend in history is not good enough
>something something Avatar foreign box office
>>
>>63901759
Could you be more of an insecure virgin?
>>
>>63899648

How was she a master pilot with no training again? People keep saying this like it's true and I feel like I'm missing something.

Am I forgetting some time she was piloting other than when she first got into the Falcon to leave Jakku? The one where she crashed into a bunch of shit and almost destroyed the ship repeatedly? I thought she never piloted anything again once they left Jakku and ran into Han and Chewy.
>>
>>63901826
>something something Avatar foreign box office
Ah. So it's come down to this. It seems TFA shills are using this as a way to shield their plummeting daily box office stats. Stay mad, friendo
>>
>>63899729

I liked Rey's Theme a lot.

Other than that, I agree with this.

Rework the stuff with Starkiller Base so it's not just "hey we're blowing up another Death Star, just like the last two!" and I'd probably give this a 9/10.
>>
>>63901912
It's ridiculous that you think a Disney-released Star Wars film won't eclipse Avatar's global box office. There is no question that this will be the highest grossing movie of all time.
>>
>>63901882
Also no one said she was a "master pilot". Why do people act like the Falcon is fucking rubix cube? It's just a spaceship. All the fucking vehicles in Star Wars fly. It's not out of the realm of possibility she can man spaceships.

The level of asspain from virginal Elliot Rodgers that this movie has sparked is unreal. Remember it's all the jews and 21st century SJWs. There weren't strong heroines (Leia) or black guys (Lando) in the original trilogy or anything. No way.
>>
>>63901337

There's no reason to believe that stopping the laser in midair is some amazing feat. It's just kinda show off-y and useless. Vader, for example, just blocks some bolts with his hand in Empire, and everyone else just blocks all of them effortlessly with their lightsaber.

He's also shittier at reading minds when compared to Vader. He's basically just torturing people and kinda sucks at it from what I remember, whereas Vader effortlessly reads Luke's mind multiple times and can sense Obi-Wan and Luke at great distances.

He also doesn't seem particularly good at using a lightsaber, not being a little bitch, or not having giant ears.
>>
>>63902008
>It's ridiculous that you think a Disney-released Star Wars film won't eclipse Avatar's global box office.
Hey man, if it's not doing good day-to-day, especially compared to its box office rival, Jurassic World, then how can it beat Avatar? Pull an answer out of your ass

>There is no question that this will be the highest grossing movie of all time.
Meanwhile pigs are flying
>>
>>63902432
It hasn't released in China yet.
>>
>>63901856
Hello reddicuck.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.