[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post films that you don't understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 378x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 378x576
DUDE ANTS LMAO
please though can someone explain this movie

It's honestly confusing as to if this is a great film or a horrible one
What do you think?
>>
i havent seen the movie , but most of the time ants are a visual representation of loneliness or isolation. Dont ask me why , i think depressed people see them or something
>>
File: 968full-lynne-frederick.jpg (136 KB, 468x361) Image search: [Google]
968full-lynne-frederick.jpg
136 KB, 468x361
Lynne Frederick:

In 1977, Frederick became the fourth wife of Peter Sellers. At the time of the marriage, Sellers was riding a new wave of popularity due to the revival of the "Pink Panther" series. However, Sellers' marital happiness was tempered by criticism from many of his friends, who felt that marrying the much-younger Frederick was a mistake. These nay-sayers regarded Frederick as an opportunist who only had married him for his money.

After three years of marriage, Sellers was reportedly in the process of preparing to divorce Frederick and had taken steps to have his last will & testament rewritten just a week before he succumbed to a fatal heart attack on July 24, 1980. His untimely death left Frederick his widow, and she inherited almost his entire estate 4.5 million pounds sterling (approximately $30 million in 2007 dollars), including all future royalties from his films. In his will, Sellers had left his two children with actress Ann Howe a paltry 800 pounds each (approximately $5,250 in 2007 dollars).

Frederick's detractors, who had claimed she was a gold-digger, were seemingly justified when the widow re-married only six months after his death, this time to television interviewer David Frost. As the inheritor and executor of Seller's estate, Frederick continued to profit off him, winning a $1.475 million lawsuit against the producers of Trail of the Pink Panther (1982), which had used out-takes of the late Sellers.

After divorcing David Frost after a year-long marriage in 1982, she married Barry Unger, by whom she had a daughter, Cassie. Her marriage to Unger eventually ended in divorce in 1991. After her own death in 1994, attributed to alcoholism and substance abuse, Frederick's mother Iris inherited her estate, including all of the income and future royalties from Sellers' work. Thus, Seller's estate will probably be inherited by a child, Cassie Unger, whom he never knew, let alone conceived of, while his own natural children remain disinherited.
>>
And about the movie, it's was a good movie to me, how the guys mindbattle the ants and viceverse, but the girl fucks up everything, as usual in women.

Check it out the alternative ending in Youtube, it's even more weird.

>>63891441

Dude the movie is literally about ants who get enlighted from ayy lmaos and want to destroy the human race.
>>
>>63891349
Someone call the EDF
>>
>>63891878
There should be more movies like Phase IV

Give an enthusiastic director a wacko lsd-inspired script, two million dollars, and a good practical effects team

Then let them go to town with it - but only give them 3 months to shoot it
Would be a lot more unique and enjoyable films of that was the case
>>
>>63891878
I think that they released a special remastered edition with the original ending recently
>>
There was recently an episode of The Projection Booth that discussed Phase IV and had some interviews with people who worked on it, check it out.

I don't think it's great because it succumbs to B-movie stupidity at times, but parts of it are fantastic.
>>
>>63891349
I loved it.
>>
>>63891349
It's good; a sci-fi monster movie with no real message and a purposefully ambiguous ending. It starts a little slow, but visually engaging and unique.

I agree with this anon >>63892446.
>>
File: 1450577503436.jpg (78 KB, 700x789) Image search: [Google]
1450577503436.jpg
78 KB, 700x789
>>63891349
>>
>>63892945
>with no real message

Come on, the anti-anthropocentrism is quite clear.
>>
>>63893048
I suppose you're right. But the fact that they let Lesko live (because he was smarter/less hostile than Hubbs?) along with the rest of humanity means that our new ant overlords still feel that we still have some special role to play, albeit with our individualities subsumed to the ant hivemind, presumably.
>>
Who would you have direct Phase IV II - Electric Boogaloo?

What would the plot be?

What memes would /tv/ make because of it?
>>
File: Saul_Bass_Logos_t.jpg (90 KB, 600x355) Image search: [Google]
Saul_Bass_Logos_t.jpg
90 KB, 600x355
>>63891349
I watched it for Saul Bass and it was ehhh
>>
>>63893030
kek
>>
>>63894287
This dude sure does like curvey circles, soft flowing lines, and white backgrounds
>>
>>63894080
Shane Carruth
I dunno maybe something about human slave revolts or some Conquest of the Planet of the Apes kind of thing
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.