[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mary Sue Hate Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: marysue.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
marysue.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1800
I was fine with her beating up those guys in the town, she had a weapon she knew how to use and she wouldn't have survived that long if she didn't know how to handle herself
I was fine with her getting pissed about the handholding, she knows the area better than he does and it makes sense for Fin to be naive and think he's her white knight
I was fine with Fin falling for her instantly, stormtroopers are probably insanely sexually repressed.
I was fine with her being able to fix shit on the ship although they really needed to cut down the I CAN FIX THAT moments by like half
I didn't mind being a pilot at the time, she kinda needed to be for the story although in hindsight it doesn't make any sense
I was ok with resisting the mind reading and turning it around on him, that seems like the kind of skill that's likely to backfire on someone if they're inexperienced
I guess I could be ok with the lightsaber coming to her since she was connected to it
But mind control was way too much
Not to mention that getting captured was literally the only time in the movie she didn't save the day instantly. Young, adventuring hero types need a little more than that to show their inexperience and character development.

Overall the movie was still pretty good and she wasn't even that bad. I just hope she gets knocked down a peg or two in the next movie through her training and some hardships to keep it from feeling like the Mary Sue Power Hour again.
>>
>>63891333
My personal feelings are at this point she seems very much a Mary Sue character because she can do things that we have not seen her do before, and it seems she's just picking them up like they're nothing.

The flashback and the memory triggering through the movie leads me to believe that her past is clouded and there's a lot more to her and what happened to her. I mean, we barely even find out anything about her before Jakku. Even at the end of the film, we're still left wondering who she really is.

So yeah, until they can properly flesh out her character, these things just seem pretty lazily written.
>>
Hey does she ever get tied up and have her lewd and nude sweety pits exposed in this flick?
>>
>>63891525
She's tied up and interrogated by Kylo Ren and there's some vague rapey undertones to it, no pits as far as I remember
>>
File: Draco.gif (339 KB, 213x199) Image search: [Google]
Draco.gif
339 KB, 213x199
>>63891525
Well if she does it would be her only redeeming thing.
>>
>>63891438
They should have been more subtle about the force helping her and they should have made it look like the force helping her and not her using the force. That's like the one thing she knows nothing about but seems almost as proficient about consciously using as Luke was in 6.

Instead of straight up telling a soldier to uncuff her, it should have been two soldiers that she convinced into bickering and in the scuffle they bump a button to free her
>>
>>63891525
>>63891592
There's a few brief frames that come really close to showing her pits in the outfit she's wearing at the end. I thought I saw one frame that showed a ton of armpit hair but it was probably just a shadow because it looked like a full fucking bush that would have been at least partially visible in other shots.
>>
I just realised that she spoke the droid and wookie languages as well.
How did she know wookie?
>>
>>63891804
M_r_ S_e
>>
>>63891804
That's fine to me, there were a ton of different races that probably went through there selling scavenged and stolen parts. You'd probably pick up half a dozen languages every year growing up like that. In general she's supposed to be more worldly compared to Finn because she had to scrounge around with the filth to survive while Finn new the empire inside and out because it was his life.
>>
File: profile-pic-3025-1406165441.jpg (73 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
profile-pic-3025-1406165441.jpg
73 KB, 853x480
>it's okay when men do it
>>
>>63892072
>The original Canon Sue wasn't actually Wesley Crusher
>Implying people don't hate his guts for that reason
This delusion though.
>>
>>63892072
>Being raised in one of the most richest houses and noble houses of the universe one could expect a degree of education, tact and finesse in battle.

Rey is literally an uneducated kid that look for pieces of metal.
>>
>>63892336
Meaning she would have to learn to fend for herself or she would've died.
>>
>>63892072
I don't know what that is but it's probably shit.
>>
>>63892422
>>>/out/
>>
>>63892416
>she would have to learn how to mind control storm troopers
She literally got the idea 10 minutes before from Kylo Ren trying to do it to her and got it right on her second try
>>
>>63891333
>But mind control was way too much
What? Clearly she'd heard about the Jedi before, she must have known about the ability to do the mind trick. Upon realizing she had Force abilities, and in desperation, she decided to test out how far she could go. It didn't even work at first until she was able to calm the fuck down.

At any rate it only works on the weak-minded. Stormtroopers are easy prey.
>>
>>63892492
Just no, you can't pick up force powers just like that
>>
File: marysue.jpg (43 KB, 532x465) Image search: [Google]
marysue.jpg
43 KB, 532x465
>mary sue
>>
I was fine with everything up to piloting the falcon and knowing all about it, thats the point where they shouldve stopped making her competent but no, gotta have a strong female who doesnt need character growth
>>
>>63892477

what Kylo did and what she did were two completely different things
>>
Fun new term 'Mary Sue' /tv/ has learned, it's such a good argument!
>>
>>63892477
She knew about Han Solo so she likely heard legends of Jedi being able to trick people. It's the force, it does what it wants.

>>63892539
Are you going to complain about Luke using the force to blow up the death star? Pretty sure Obi Wan never showed him how to do that
>>
>>63892492
Mind controlling someone to release someone viewed as a criminal and valuable hostage is a simple trick? Obi-wan used the word trick but I never had the impression that it would be easy for a novice and the example we saw was a much simpler misdirection of making them believe they were mistaken in recognizing the droids.
>>
>>63892539
>faggot raised by the prequels thinks the Force can only be used if you go to Yoda Jedi Training Academy for 20 years when it was ALWAYS supposed to be about spirit and belief

How did Luke make that shot in the Death Star reactor, huh? He only had minimal amounts of training from Obi-Wan.
>>
If Rey is a Mary Sue, then Luke Skywalker is a Gary Stu, considering they have the same arc play out.
>>
The thing with Rey is I can't tell how much was intentional and how much is me giving the movie too much, or conversely, people being too hard on it. It doesn't help that the movie was far too rushed.

For instance the part where Maz Kanata tells Rey to close her eyes and stuff, but Rey chooses not to because she doesn't want to believe. Then in that fight, Kylo has his eyes open and is staring her down when she has a moment of meditation. Kind of similar to when Maul and Qui-Gon are separated by the shield in Phantom Menace.

So I really don't know if its her actually evolving, but the movie is too rushed, or I'm giving them too much credit.
>>
I see what you're getting at OP, and I def agree

I think she's a badass, but I hope that in the next two movies she struggles a lot more.

Protagonists who go through a lot of shit but come out a winner in the end are very likeable.
>>
>>63892598
It has been misused a lot lately on most boards, but this is a case where it fits. Like the well-known example of a Canon Sue(Stu), Wesley Crusher is viewed as a bad character in Star Trek: The Next Generation because the entire plot of an episode involving him seems to warp so he can solve everything and outshine more experienced members of the crew. This particular Star Wars character can solve every problem she faces and it removes tension from her scenes because it never feels like she is at risk or even really has to try.
>>
>>63892750
>literally using Mike's dumbass argument

Luke couldn't lift the X-Wing. Yoda could. The Jedi Mind Trick requires deliberate understanding of the force, more than being guided by it to aim bombs or draw a lightsaber.
>>
>>63892750
luke just used the force for concentration, he doesnt use mind tricks until the last movie after he has completed most of yoda's training
>>
>>63892801
Luke Skywalker got his ass kicked by everyone. if anything, he is actually more of a damsel in distress. Someone usually had to save him.
>>
>>6389265
>>63892750
Actually he did, remember the part where Ben talks to him and tells him to trust the force ?

The force for the untrained translates to unnatural luck, being helped by the force, not suddenly being able to mind control people

>>63892801
Fuck off, Luke constantly strugles and doesn't win a single fight against vader until he gives in to the dark side in ep VI
>>
>>63892917
see characters who get their ass kicked are a lot more likable in the end. its always nice seeing them come out of their misery
>>
>>63892072

Wasn't he specifically trained by the best and most expensive teachers in the universe to be the best at everything forever?

The fact that it actually worked is a little weird, but it's not like he didn't have a background in being groomed to be space king.
>>
File: reybike.jpg (22 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
reybike.jpg
22 KB, 615x409
>Rey "not even Finn could get in" Skywalker
>Rey "gay" Skywalker
>Rey "hymen intact, that's a fact" Skywaker
>Rey "protected with a lock against cock" Skywalker
>Rey "on the hunt for cunt' Skywalker
>Rey "single but not ready to mingle" Skywalker
>Rey "leave women to me" Skywalker
>Rey "masturbation nation" Skywalker
>Rey "finger fuck anti-cuck" Skywalker
>Rey "lonely friday night finger-to-pussy slide" Skywalker
>Rey "tfw no gf" Skywalker

Based Rey, baseder Daisy. What are the essential Daisy interviews?
>>
>>63892952
It also makes them more believable
>>
Calm down max landis
>>
>>63892801
Luke does almost nothing of use until the final act of the film. He mainly whines and the characters treat him as a tag-along kid. He pulls off a couple neat things in the rescue but doesn't solve every single problem, and his one real use of the force is vaguely defined and could even be viewed as just a lucky shot if you didn't believe in the force. He's likable BECAUSE he starts out as this naive whiny kid but is able to grow and eventually show off some potential.
>>
>>63893019
yup

Its just basic script writing and character development 101

Its why the Jackie Chan movies are awesome, coz you actually see Jackie Chan taking a beating
>>
>>63892929
Vader was one of the most power Sith ever. Kylo is an angsty kid with parental issues who and wasn't finished with his training. We're actually going to get to see both characters develop
>>
They should have made the end battle be her and fin ganging up on Kylo. It would have reinforced the Kylo is a fucking tough sunovabitch while also showing that she's still a brave amateur. And then for the next movies build her up. Train her. Show her resolve as a character.

But nope.
I WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR.
>>
>>63893099
>angsty

To be fair you can't go dark side without being angsty
>>
>>63893118
But Kylo isn't tough
He is a barely trained, conflicted, emotional kid.
It is implied at the end of the film that between now and 8 he will get proper training.
But Snokes had him betray Luke, then go on this hunt for the star maps to Luke's location.
>>
>>63893019
This. Rey becomes more unbelievable as a character during the movie. There is literally nothing she doesn't know or can figure out relatively quickly. The last character i saw similar to to Rey was Bella from Twilight franchise.
>>
>>63893118
>It would have reinforced the Kylo is a fucking tough sunovabitch

But he wasn't and that's the point
>>
>>63893099
>both
Rei has nowhere to go, she already makes every other character irrelevant.

Hopefully Kylo beats her ass in the second movie because his mind is now clear and 100% dark side and he goes into the fight uninjured. Then I could really enjoy watching her come back in the third, win, and make him stop being such a whiny bitch about muh grimdark grandad.
>>
>>63892562
>this picture
It's too easy to say "she's a female who's powerful so she MUST be a mary sue", so let's make some parallels here instead.

It takes about three movies for Luke to really understand his power and the responsibility that goes with it. In 4, he basically has to be told to use the Force in order to successfully destroy the Death Star. In 5, he's training and gaining power levels, but is too impatient and emotional and gets absolutely wrecked by Vader. He even has issues using the Force before being directed to Yoda by Obi-Wan. In 6, he's calmed down a bit, but is still a little headstrong and has a lot of anger when he finally defeats Vader. Only when he sees he's about to become his father does he actually become a Jedi and lay down his weapon.

In TFA, Rey goes from being a scavenger on a desert planet to someone with enough force powers to do Jedi Mind Tricks and come to a draw against someone who has a pretty reasonable control of the Force. In comparison, it takes Luke three movies worth of development and in-universe training to reach that level.

What makes Rey uninteresting and Luke interesting is the fact that we actually get to see Luke's progression and the challenges he faces. Everytime Rey comes up against something in TFA she either figures out exactly how to beat it or gains the ability to do something via the Force. There's a difference between being a competent character who can do things without needed other people, and someone who can do anything. When a character can do anything basically unsupervised, why would we be interested in them? There's no tension in the movie because we're never unsure that the character can do what's required of them. Luke has plenty of those moments in the OT (and in some instances he does fail to do what's required of him). Rey does not.
>>
>>63892656
Yeah that may be, but being able to do all she did? No freaking way. At least Luke spent some time with the greatest Jedi, Yoda, to get training. Her learning everything in a matter of hours was fucking ridiculous to me.
>>
>>63891333
Her teeth were also way too big.

Like a fucking horse.
>>
File: OSdvYIE.jpg (259 KB, 612x459) Image search: [Google]
OSdvYIE.jpg
259 KB, 612x459
>Rey is the new Han Solo. She's a pilot and gets the Falcon and Chewie.
>Rey is the new Luke Skywalker. She's the protagonist that learns the ways of the force and fights the evil sith lords.
>Rey is the new Leia. A strong independant woman who's in charge.

So why even have these two ass clowns? Are they just comedy relieve? Will they ask "where is Rey" whenever she's not in the frame? In this new trilogy Rey seems to take over for the whole OT trinity. It's fan fiction by JJ. Just call it Rey Wars.
>>
>>63893219
Sure, but he sure as hell was more experienced that Rey. Emotional? Yes, that's his character. Weak? No, he can stop blaster shots midflight.
>>
>>63893293
I want to see her go evil actually, she starts thinking she's incredible, becomes arrogant, others are beneath her and she eventually betrays them and kills/humiliates Kylo to take his place
>>
>>63893355
Every Bella needs her Edward and Jacob.
>>
>>63892999
trips confirm
>>
>>63893392
She might actually become interesting if that happens but its Disney calling the shots so highly doubtful that would ever happen.
>>
>>63893480
stop samefagging your retarded meme
>>
>>63893355
Those two are going to have the best bromance on film
>>
>>63893293
I actually think they wrote themselves into a corner with her

they can't really knock her down a peg without cutting something off, which would be a cliche. they can't make her Dark Side because the actress couldn't be intimidating. and she has no room to grow unless they start to fucking make up force powers and accept the Dragonball Z-iffication of the franchise.

Legend of Korra did a waaaay better job of a female asskicking lead.
>>
>>63893429
Haven't seen it that way. It all makes sense now.
>>
>>63893518
I just liked his trips :(
>>
>>63893389
That just showed how much innate ability he had
Plus he was injured
All Ep 7 showed to me was by the time Ep 9 rolls around, with Ren and Rey at their prime, we are gonna get one hell of a fight.
>>
MOTHER FUCKER STOP COMPARING REY TO LUKE

Luke has piloting skills because he owned a fucking flying thing that shoots.
He constantly doubted himself and always needed obiwan to push him.
He didn't fight with a lightsaber or use the force until after spending time with yoda and learning shit.

Miss perfect can fly a large ship weaving in and out of obstacles on the first try. Manipulates people using the force first try. Beats kylo ren in a lightsaber fight even if he is wounded it's still her first try, speaks droid and wookie. Knows what's wrong with the falken and fixes it when it's the first time she's even been inside it.

They are nothing alike stop being faggots. She's a mary sue with no weaknesses and luke isn't.
>>
>why are those two chucklefucks so good at saber combat without ever being trained?
>why is an ex-stormtrooper who has a strong moral fiber completely OK with slaughtering his comrades who were the only family he has ever known?
>>
>>63893539
>which would be a cliche
They clearly aren't afraid of that. I would honestly be surprised if all her limbs are intact by the end of the next film. Although hopefully she'll lose a leg instead
>>
>>63893528
They will never come close to Vorrenus and Pulo
>>
I would just like people to admit it was 2 and a half hours that managed to accomplish less than most movies at an hour and a half. It needed another rewrite, it was a script that was not ready.
>>
>>63892072
Well he was groomed by teachers on a daily basis for most of his childhood.
>>
>>63893355
Because Finn and Poe also share traits with the OT characters.

Finn is a crack shot with a blaster and doesn't really want to get involved in the resistance's cause, just like Han. He's immature and gets a crush on Rey, just like Luke had on Leia.

Poe is a piloting prodigy like Luke, confident like Han, and loyal to the cause like Leia.
>>
>>63893355
Imagine if it was the character Rey that was in the Original Trilogy and not Luke?
>>
>>63892750
Man the force helped Luke make a very tough shot (similar to other shots he did in the past) it did not teach him how to fly an X-Wing.

Rey was doing shit that takes years of training and practice. I like Rey but by the end she was literally beating the shit out of guy that should have been able to kill her with a wave of his hand the first time she ever held a lightsaber. It was too much too soon.
>>
>>63893539
It's easy. Luke is going to get killed by Kylo and she's going to be unable to beat him in 8.
>>
>>63891333
Instead of travelling to a far away planet to meet an old jedi master and train in the force for months, you can just close your eyes and breathe slowly for two seconds and ta-da, you master the force.
Who knew!
>>
File: 1280875977298.jpg (61 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1280875977298.jpg
61 KB, 300x400
>>63891333

She's one of Luke's mind-wiped ex-students, probably a Knight of Ren, almost certainly his daughter.

He didn't want her to remain a little backstabbing shit, like her cousin, Ren, so he dumped her on Jakku, where she could walk in his footsteps on a desert world and learn critical survival skills and humility. Also, to punish her.

The memory of her being deserted by her family as a toddler is a false one. Maz Kanata warns her of this, telling her they're never coming back, and to seek Luke instead.

Thus, her advanced abilities she didn't even know she had, like being able to pilot the Falcon.
>>
>>63893429
fuck I hope you're wrong
>>
>>63893539
>Legend of Korra did a waaaay better job of a female asskicking lead.
Not much better. They went too far in the other direction and we never really saw her develop. It was more like she was constantly failing and refusing to learn shit, then at the end of the season they just said "well i guess you lucked out, you get a do-over this time"
>>
>>63892656
>Are you going to complain about Luke using the force to blow up the death star? Pretty sure Obi Wan never showed him how to do that

There are multiple scenes in A New Hope showing Luke training with Obi Wan. Hell in one of the training scenes he's even blindfolded just like when he closes his eyes to destroy the Death Star.
>>
>>63893663
>she was literally beating the shit out of guy that should have been able to kill her with a wave of his hand

the funny thing is that Kylo DID throw her against a tree at the start of the fight.

but then when she got up afterwards he didn't try it again for no obvious reason.
>>
>>63893643
Nah, overall it was fine and you should stop bitching except about Rei, she truly was shit
>>
>>63891333
"The novelisation of ‘The Force Awakens’ contains a scene where Chewie protects Rey from the scrap dealer she ‘borrowed’ the Millennium Falcon off named Unkar Plutt (the uncredited character played by Simon Pegg). '.

Well, that would have helped make her seem more mortal, had it been left in.
>>
>>63893682
Luke was Anakins son and not even he had those abilities that quickly.
>>
>>63893742
And all Rey did was beat an injured Kylo.

Are you guys upset because you identified with the angry kid throwing tantrums?
>>
File: image.png (215 KB, 538x540) Image search: [Google]
image.png
215 KB, 538x540
Plot twist: Rey is actually the school shooter who destroyed Luke's Jedi academy with her dark side force powers hence the mind wipe and exile on Jakku.

She had those force powers before and tends to use the dark side for achieving, she's supposed to be a member of the Knights of Ren.
>>
>>63893881
I think it's more that everyone liked Finn more and he had just been beaten down like a little bitch. Not even conscious by the time the credits were rolling.
>>
>>63893881
Rey beating an injured Kylo doesn't make sense though. Especially since Kylo had years of training under his belt already. Even if he's hurt he should still be to beat her. I could buy Rey defending herself admirably since she's force sensitive but it's already been established that mastering the force and the lightsaber itself takes years, And even then it is never truly mastered.
>>
>>63893355
>Will they ask "where is Rey" whenever she's not in the frame?
man that actually happened

>first order shows up and starts wrecking the place
>boyega finds han
>immediately asks where rey is and scene jumps to her
>>
>>63893883
F
>>
>>63893881
Kylo clearly wasn't affected by his injury when he btfo the dindu though
>>
>>63891333

I don't think she's a Mary Sue desu, it's just that the movie never really showcased any potential flaws.

She knows nothing of the force, but is pulling shit in her first outing that Luke didn't even try in ESB fresh off of training with Yoda. He didn't even try a Jedi mind trick until RotJ while Rey learns to do it on a whim.

Luke wasn't exactly displaying a ton of character flaws at first either and he blew up the Death Star basically on his own.
>>
>>63891333

>it's time to begin your training
>"I already know jedi mind tricks, shitlord"
>"I am no sith. Wait, you know how to mind trick?"
"I said shit. Fuck you gramps."
>>
>>63893964
I was a little disappointed that Finn was not the Jedi but the more I think about it him becoming a space monk would really ruin his character. Finn and Poe need to go on some crazy Adventures like Lando and Han did when they were younger.
>>
Right now Rey is definitely a Mary Sue but I feel like she won't be once the trilogy is complete and her back story is completely revealed. Anyone else get that feeling?
>>
File: Come At Me, Bro.png (726 KB, 1053x523) Image search: [Google]
Come At Me, Bro.png
726 KB, 1053x523
>>63893833

Okay, let me lay it out to you, chronologically:

>Han and Leia have a son
>Luke has a daughter (maybe with Camie from Tatooine, maybe Mara Jade [kidding])
>Han and Leia send their spoiled son to Luke for training
>he trains alongside his cousin, Rey
>little shit talks her and several other students into forming a new Sith fellowship, the Knights Of Ren, after meeting Snoke
>they rebel, succeed in killing almost the students, but Luke kills all his Knights, except Ren (who flees) and Rey
>Luke uses a Force technique to erase her memories, and plants false ones instead, like being left on Jakku as a toddler
>the Force technique isn't perfect, and her previous abilities as a Padawan/Knight leak out, sometimes surprising her and the audience

Wouldn't be the first time a Jedi Master bullshitted a Skywalker...look at how Obi-wan lied to Luke in ANH, not mentioning that he was actually guiding him behind the scenes and that Darth "killed" his father. Notice how Luke sweeps back his hood identical to Obi-Wan in ANH, when he first encounters him in pic related.
>>
>>63891333
>I was fine with her being able to fix shit on the ship although they really needed to cut down the I CAN FIX THAT moments by like half
this actually i didn't mind the mind control bit the and I'll drop my weapon part
was perhaps the only time where i audibly laughed in the movie.
But i feel they are going a little bit too crazy with the muh independent strong female lead, i mean if you want to give some depth to the characters and make them likeable make them human and at least shit in one aspect of life you can still have a cocky and lovable character who can admit when they are wrong or someone is better at something, and laugh at it. Not trying to stirr the /pol/t too much but i feel like they need to show her a bit more human and save themselves from becoming a very obvious attempt to over compensate and show the world how hollywood doesn't belive in the damsel in distress formula anymore
>>
>>63894096
Finn spent the entire movie getting his shit rekt

>>63894013
Kylo was never shown to be that good. All he does is act tough around non-force users. Even the FO general isn't scared of him like officers were of Vader.
>>
>>63892072
he was bred to be the desert christ through thousands of years of genetic breeding, elite training, and spice addiction
>>
>>63894230
She was 6 or 7 when she was sent to not-tatooine
>>
Why was she sent to Luke again?
>>
>>63894169
No matter what her backstory is, the jedi mind tricks scene was ridiculous.
>>
>>63893883
But why didn't Kylo Ren recognize her? Why didn't he tell Snoke who she really was?
>>
>>63894284
It was a fun scene that people are reading into way too much.
>>
File: 1449717354030.jpg (305 KB, 1000x1469) Image search: [Google]
1449717354030.jpg
305 KB, 1000x1469
>>63894276

False memories..."A certain point of view" and all that.
>>
>>63894013
The worse part is that the over all story would of been the same even if she didn't beat him.

She could of knocked him over or pushed him back as the trench formed and spread them out too far for him to continue the attack. Instead she completely defeats him. Why did she have to do that? Why didn't she just kill him and be done with it?
>>
>>63894230
It would be pretty neat if it played out this way but wouldn't she would have been pretty fucking young when they sent her to Jakku.
>>
>>63894169
Thats all well and good but it doesnt really make this movie any better

Like if Episode III tied up a lot of the faulty logic and plot holes of Episodes I and II, those first two movies would still be shit
>>
>>63894355
JUST
TURN
YOUR
BRAIN
OFF
LOL
>>
>>63891333
She looked really pretty in the film.
>>
>>63894355
>a fun scene
>that enabled the hero to escape mind rape

it was a way to get her out of a jam that created all kinds of problems due to not being set up properly.
>>
>>63893118
Kylo had been shot in the gut with Chewie's bowcaster (which seemed to one hit everything else, a point driven home when Han keeps grabbing it). The fact he's still standing, let alone able to fight (he checks his wound twice, showing it did some damage) drives home how badass he is. Rey won but only because Kylo wasn't able to bring his A-game.
>>
>>63894398
Half the movie was fan service and you autists are getting upset over a joke with Danial Craig
>>
>>63894355
It made me cringe on my seat. I'm not reading into it too much, it was an epidermic reaction of "what the fuck are they doing".
>>
>>63894117
>it's just that the movie never really showcased any potential flaws.
Doing that while showcasing a ton of her special skills that no one else has and constantly throwing them in our face is what makes a mary sue.
Being faster than Han Solo at fixing and piloting his own fucking ship is actually the textbook definition of a Mary Sue
>>
>>63894239
>Kylo was never shown to be that good. All he does is act tough around non-force users. Even the FO general isn't scared of him like officers were of Vader.

That's not part of my argument though. Technically Rey should be barely a force user at the time she faces Ren. Kylo still has years of training on her under both Luke and Snoke and should still be able to take her out easily. I agree Kylo in the broad sense of things probably isn't that good right now but he's still leaps and bound ahead of Rey.
>>
>>63894378
it would be a(nother) cheap way to get her our of trouble if the trench had saved her.

instead it was a cheap way to end the fight and make any character development from it meaningless.
>>
>>63894169
I'm sure this is true. An act two to the story would definitely show her being humbled by something.
>>
>>63894477
you're probably the Autismo guy who was sitting next to me
>>
>>63894284
I'd agree. I think it would have been much better if she had used her own general mechanical knowledge to escape the torture thing. It would have made more sense with her character since we already know she has a strong mechanical background from scavenging.
>>
>>63891674
This would have been an effective edit.

I commend you for backing up your criticisms with suggestions for improvement.
>>
>>63893797
It wasn't though. It was shit. It felt like they were trying to cram too much in, it had a weird pace, all the shit they crammed in was weakly executed.
It felt like too many people were involved and it kind of came out a mess, almost like focus groups made the film.
>>
>>63894169
it's still a problem because her excessive competence is now established.

the writers will have to come up with a way for her to be realistically overconfident and get punished, without it creating another retarded scene to prevent the punishment from being too awful. it's going to be that much harder because they're fixing a mess they created.
>>
>>63894117
That's not true though. Luke constantly fucked up throughout the OT, because he was supposed to represent an everyman character who makes mistakes. In the first movie alone he had to get his ass saved constantly

>Obi Wan saves him from the Tusken Raiders
>Obi Wan saves him from the guys at the Cantina
>Leia and Han have to protect him while they're in the Death Star
>R2D2 has to save him when he's in the trash compactor
>Needs a mentor in the force to give him at least some training so he has some idea of what he's doing

Rey is just ridiculously competent at everything off the bat, and there's nothing else interesting about her as a character that makes up for that
>>
>>63894502
Obviously its because Ray is just a lot stronger than Kylo. Would you have liked it if there was a conversation between snookums and Kylo saying just how much midichlorians she has? No, that's why she's shown to be stronger instead of told.
>>
As soon as I saw Rey get captured and Finn embark on a rescue mission, I knew she would find a way to escape on her own anyway.

There was no way they would have a damsel in distress rescued by a man.

Also, has there ever been another case of a lightsabre calling for someone? It's never happened in the previous movies.
>>
Does she even have tits?
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6322927
>>
>>63894383
That's why the anon is saying that didn't really happen, that she was given false memories of being dropped off that young and actually had experience learning to use the force, which would be why she was able to do so much so quickly.
>>
File: 1389482314459.jpg (79 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1389482314459.jpg
79 KB, 512x512
>>63891333
I feel conflicted about Rey.

When she was first introduced, we see her scavenging old parts in a derelict space ship and putting her life on the line for a few pieces of junk. It painted her as a very capable person.

When she returned to the outpost to trade her scavenged materials, all she got for it was half a day's worth of food. While I felt furious at the asshole shopkeep, I also felt really bad for Rey when she accepted it knowing there was no other course.

The scene where she returns home and haphazardly cooks the single loaf of bread and eats it was very emotional since we see her eating inadequate amounts of food and her markings on the wall shows she's being living in such horrible conditions for years. It really made my heart ache for heart.

When she climbed out of her 'house', we see that it's not a house, but an abandoned AT-AT from the war. Seeing her sitting outside staring wistfully at the sun with the helmet on and pretending to be an ace pilot really made me care for her. At that point, I wanted nothing more than to hug her and tell her everything will be alright.

Her character introduction painted a poignant picture of her terrible daily struggles and made us empathize with her. It was the perfect way to introduce her and made us care for her.

To me, that was the highlight of the movie.
>>
>>63894640
Oh, that's also not including when Han had to save him from Vader while he was going on the trench run
>>
>>63894355
It was fun until it worked.
I would actually be fine if it worked in a more subtle way. For example, say the guard came over to laugh at her stupid shit and on the way back to his post bumped a button to unlock her without realizing it. You could argue she used the force unintentionally, or the force executed its will, or that it was dumb luck JUST LIKE THE DEATH STAR EXHAUST PIPE SHOT
>>
Marey Sue

Shit movie
>>
butthurt MRA fag detected. OP is a queer.

tell me to back to reddit,I can feel your predictable anger
>>
>>63894673
>Poe Domination

Ya'll niggas know Finn /made/ that movie.
>>
>>63894618
wrote in another thread, it was trying to do 4 things:
- Find Luke plotline, which is what the title crawl was
- Mega Death Star
- Han Solo and Kylo Ren's relationship leading to Han's death
- as much pointless fan service as they could get in irrespective of whether it advanced the plot, like Han still being a smuggler (!) the Cantina tribute with all the aliens, etc.

it was too much shit for one film. they needed to cut 1-2 of these out, preferably the Death Star and the fanservice. make it about Han dying in the process of them finding Luke.
>>
>>63894476
When a joke gets a character out of the most dangerous experience of their entire life, it feels like a cheap cop-out to the audience.
>>
>>63894392
Ehhh. I don't know in this case. My biggest problem with TFA was that it was a rehash of ANH. There are certainly some flaws (ie. Han flying the MF at lightspeed into a planet) but a lot of the plot is created by the mystery surrounding some of the characters. Those can be filled in in the future films.
>>
File: 1282149404043.jpg (69 KB, 658x493) Image search: [Google]
1282149404043.jpg
69 KB, 658x493
>>63894640
>there's nothing else interesting about her as a character that makes up for that

She's butthurt over being deserted, wants to know why she was left on her own, and eager to see the galaxy.

Many audience members will almost certainly find this appealing.
>>
>>63892072
this is bait i know and yet i want to hit you with the biggest rock i can find.
>>
>>63894640
it's as though, because Rey was just a female Luke clone, they had to make her less flawed to avoid it being completely 100% obvious what a clone she was.

which is a problem they created for themselves by starting the movie on "Tatooine".
>>
>>63894230

This makes sense in terms of her abilities and stuff, but there's one huge problem. Kylo Ren doesn't seem to recognize her, or know that she's a Force-user, until he gets wtfpwned at mind-reading. If they actually had a previous history, then the first thing he would say when she's being interrogated would be like: "We meet again. Do you even remember me? Search your feelings etc."

So, while I think there is obviously some revelation regarding her history and parentage coming down the line, it doesn't make sense that Kylo knew her before.
>>
>>63894701
Good analysis there anon. I agree. It was one of the better scenes in the movie. I just think her character went downhill after that. Hopefully they fix that because I want to like her as a character.
>>
>>63894673
Poe was such a non-entity in the film. I know that Isaac is about the coolest dude alive, but that makes his lackluster performance here all the more disappointing.
>>
>>63894791
>wants to know why she was left on her own

yeah so did we, lmao.

oh well maybe JJ will explain in an interview.
>>
>>63894653
>Would you have liked it if there was a conversation between snookums and Kylo saying just how much midichlorians she has?
DBZ POWER LEVEL BULLSHIT IS 50% OF THE REASON PEOPLE HATE MIDICHLORIANS YOU DUMB FUCK
PEOPLE DON'T LIKE SEEING CHARACTERS BE "JUST BETTER" THAN OTHERS BECAUSE OF SOME HIDDEN NUMBER BEING 10x BIGGER

EVEN DBZ DOES POWER LEVELS BETTER THAN THIS BECAUSE IN DBZ WE SEE GOKU BEATING HIS OWN ASS RAW FOR A WEEK BEFORE HE SHOWS UP AND HAS MORE POWER LEVELS THAN THE GINYU FORCE AND SAIYANS GET MORE POWER LEVELS FROM GETTING THEIR ASS BEAT AND GOING THROUGH HARDSHIP
>>
>>63894957
anime: not even once
>>
>>63894664
>has there ever been another case of a lightsabre calling for someone?
well, if lightsabers were every simply flying around due to force grabs, then there's no reason luke would ever be able to magnetize his light saber while vader was in the room. it actually fits pretty well that the will of the force would make it easier to grab the lightsaber if it wants to be grabbed by a good guy.
>>
>>63892656
You, I hate you, and that's okay because you're a fucking troll trying to bribe an illicit response out of us. Obviously it's the night of trolls.

Luke used the force to show him where to fire, Rey used the force to control someone's will. Luke got his assed handed to him repeatedly and were it not for Obi Wan Leia 3po and others, he would have died many times over.

Not Rey though, not Ms Mary Sue Disney Power Princess who needs no man.

>>63892750
Luke was aided by Obi Wan to shot at a target whereas Rey, were she in A New Hope, would have not only single handedly destroyed the death s tar without Obi Wan but would have beaten Vader and the Emperor just before the roll of Credits.
>>
>>63894957
>DBZ POWER LEVEL BULLSHIT IS 50% OF THE REASON PEOPLE HATE MIDICHLORIANS YOU DUMB FUCK

Which is why they didn't say it and instead showed us. Calm down nigga. All you need to know for the next movie is that Rey has far more potential than Kylo
>>
>The /tv/ Phrase of the Week is: Mary Sue!
>>
File: knights-of-ren.png (233 KB, 856x362) Image search: [Google]
knights-of-ren.png
233 KB, 856x362
>>63894876
>there's one huge problem. Kylo Ren doesn't seem to recognize her

Yeah, that's a big stumbling block for that theory.

Maybe the Knights Of Ren was like the Reservoir Dogs, anonymous? Pseudonyms and masks, assembled by Snoke himself, with the members unknown to one another?

The one on far right in Pic Related seems to have slender arms and breasts...
>>
>>63893260
He Wasn't. Ren was so powerful he did something not even Vader could do, he stopped a bolt in mid air. he could do force feeze and he interrogated people with telepathy.

Mary Sue Rey apparently out forced him because of the power of her vagina. Jar Jar and the rat done fucked it up.
>>
>>63895044
>Getting this upset over a female character

I wish she was black just to see how mad you idiots would get
>>
>>63895069
If you were wondering how best to out yourself as a newfag

This might be it
>>
>>63891333

Implying Star Wars was ever something other than "oh well magic happens and the hero saves the day"
>>
>>63895069
>big movie released this weeks main character was a mary sue
>>
>>63895176
Yeah but it was done well

This was a horribly paced mess
>>
>>63895065
WINNING A LIGHTSABER DUEL BECAUSE YOU'RE JUST BETTER AT THE FORCE EVEN WITHOUT TRAINING IS POWER LEVEL BULLSHIT. SAYING "POWER LEVELS" OR ASSOCIATING A CHARACTER WITH A NUMBER IS NOT THE PROBLEM, BEING INHERENTLY BETTER INDEPENDENT OF WHAT THE AUDIENCE KNOWS OR HAS SEEN IS THE PROBLEM.
>>
>>63895176
>jus tern ur brayn off
>>
>>63892700
But in the whole SW series, Stormtroopers were always portrayed as really weak-minded so that kinda made sense to me
>>
>>63891438
REY: Why won't you train me in the ways of the force!?

LUKE: I already did once

Rey: !?!?!?!?!

REY WAS A NIGHT OF REN
REY - REN
REVAN
REVAN STORY LINE CONFIRMED>
>>
>>63894726
Actually no.
I think she was a good character up until the second half. Fixing everything seemed to make sense since she was a scavenger. They just rushed into her force powers too quickly. They didn't give it room to breath and grow. From zero to hero is more compelling anyways.
>>
Even I admit that I was a bit perplexed at the Mind Trick scene. But I got over it. You wanna know why? Because I'm a normal fucking person and don't get flustered over a film.
>>
>>63895116
Just new powers so people wouldn't say it's unoriginal. There's no way Kylo is stronger than Vader. Not even Luke was.

>>63895212
Dude had just been shot, blown up, and emotionally conflicted over killing his dad. It's not like he lost a fair fight. I'm sorry the character you identified with got his ass beat.
>>
File: this one's for you.webm (8 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
this one's for you.webm
8 KB, 200x150
>>63895149

haha epic
>>
>>63893682
>>63893883
if that stupid flashback scene was true then she was a baby during the knights of ren killing everyone. shes not lukes pupil shes a goddamn mary sue
>>
>>63895131
You fucking child, the prequels were shit, there's no doubt about it, but it attempted to create believable characters and for the most part everyone, including Sheev, was believable. Jar Jar Binks blundering through everything was the only thing I found suspect but whatever.

Ren a few minutes in was established to be one of the most capable force users ever when he stopped a bolt, not even Vader could do that. At best, Vader used his cybertronic arm and deflected shots. that's it. Ren did that and he used Force telepathy as an interrogation tool and it all made sense and was believable because this guy was an active force user wrecking shit wherever he went.

Rey wasn't and out force used Ren for no reason other than Tiara Princess of Power in the hope of goading young girls to jump on the Disney Star Wars band wagon.

some fucking idiot used an example of Paul Atridies as a Mary Sue which is fucking dumb because even after thousands of years of selective breeding and training and practising for hours a day that Paul endured he was still green for Most of the Book and the money and only after taking the water of life was he the supreme being. He, like Luke, suffered the gauntlet of the hero's journey. Rey didn’t and is Mary Sue for no reason at all other than Disney Power princess.
>>
>>63895293
And yet Vader couldn't stop bolts fired at him whereas Ren did. I guess Rey was strong enough to Stop a blast from the star killer with her Power Princess Mary Sue'ness.
>>
>>63895176
Except the originals were. They were cultural icons and a lot of people recognize them as land mark films in the sci-fi/fantasy genre and the western genre.
>>
File: 1449117569450.jpg (133 KB, 400x505) Image search: [Google]
1449117569450.jpg
133 KB, 400x505
Yeah she's somewhat of a Mary Sue but so was Luke, plus Rey's super qt so I honestly don't really care if I'm being perfectly honest 2bhfam.
>>
>>63895293
>new powers so people wouldn't say it's unoriginal

What a small detail to bother with when your oh-so-original movie has a hero that starts as a nobody on a sand planet and ends up joining the rebellion (sorry the resistance) and destroying the empire (sorry the new order)'s death star (sorry the starkiller)
>>
>>63894361
nah thats bullshit, she was implied to have been taken in by that asshole junk dealer and had been scrapping for the rest of her life. and it fits with her character. she knows a bunch of alien languages and shit that wouldnt be as easy to learn if she wasnt a child hearing them
>>
>>63893118
He was severely wounded, just killed his father even though he was still, deep down, tempted to be good and he wanted to keep Rei alive, which is a lot harder than just killing her and leave
>>
>>63895482
>but so was Luke

nice meme
>>
>>63894767
Thank you very much anon. That's dead on.
>>
>>63895451
>And yet Vader couldn't stop bolts fired at him whereas Ren did

Did you not watch V? Vader literally stops Han's blaster
>>
>>63891333
Her midichlorian count is off the charts.
That's all there is to it.
>>
>>63895482
>so was luke

This is the 3526th time this has been said this week and it's still wrong
>>
>>63893118
I imagine that was discussed but they may have wanted to avoid comparisons to the phantom menace. This was a copy of episode 4 not 1.
>>
>>63895561
With handarmor, not force.
>>
File: 1450623972772.png (27 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1450623972772.png
27 KB, 499x499
>>63895542
>>63895593
the nostalgia goggles are strong with this one
>>
>>63895482
>so was luke
>completely useless in new hope but knew how to fly a ship.
>lost in empire
>>
>>63895482
Wait, where was Luke a Mary Sue again. Oh, dont tell me, it's when ben saved his ass from the Raiders or in the bar or when Leia, Han or 3po saved his ass, oh wait,was it at the end when he kept missing and obi wan as a powerful force ghost aided him in firing the shot at the right time to destory the death star or was it during the second movie when he was knocked out by a monster and almost died and took all of two minutes to pull his saber from the ice (on Rey's first try she out pulled a saber from a trained active force user but whatever) or was it when luke took on and was defeated by vader or was it when he fought vader and was nearly killed by the emperor and had to have been saved by his father?

please tell me, where was Luke Mary sue again.

>>63895535
and yet he took down Finn easy enough.

>>63895561
Ah no, Vader hand gets hit and he calls Han's blaster to his hand. good try though.
>>
>>63895612
The shill is even stronger with this one.
>>
>>63895612
weak b8 tbchwy famiglia
>>
>>63895612
luke constantly fails and is saved throughout a new hope. in the empire strikes back he gets his hand chopped off and nearly dies in the snow

the only reason he even survived jedi is because of vader
>>
>>63895617
>completely useless in new hope

Nigga he literally blew up the death star
>>
>>63895609
Uh no

He absorbs it with the Force not his fucking glove lmao
>>
>>63895668
All part of Plagueis' keikaku
>>
>>63895668
with help of obi wan and han solo.
>>
File: 1284600422000.jpg (42 KB, 350x299) Image search: [Google]
1284600422000.jpg
42 KB, 350x299
>>63895500

Again, note Rey's surprise she can fly a spaceship. Note how she completely misses the first time she fires a blaster, then perfectly hits her target with the next shot, surprising herself, then proceeds to accurately take down Troopers with each ensuing shot. And of course, the Obi-Wan Craigtrooper trick, and snatching a lightsaber away from Kylo, then proceeding to PWN his wounded ass.

She was trained to be a Jedi, and her memories of being a toddler on Jakku are false.
>>
>>63895649
these moronic idiots are really starting to get to me.

Luke got his ass handed to him again and again and yet, he's a Mary Sue. The guy took on Raiders and nearly died were it not for Obi Wan. Almost died in the snow thanks to the snow monster and it took him a long time to move his saber on a first try. Where as the shit just went to Rey in a flash.

>>63895677
not sure what you saw but there was ozone where the blaster struck his hand. Vader can't absorb energy you dick wad otherwise he would have absorbed the Emperor's lightning.

>>63895750

>She was trained to be a Jedi, and her memories of being a toddler on Jakku are false.

bullshit. never happened.
>>
>>63895668
Using the force which he had been receiving training for from Obi-Wan.
>>
>>63895750
So that's the big revelation of ep VIII, she was trained to be amazing all along

What a twist the movies will surely be better after this is established
>>
M A R Y S U E
A
R
Y
S
U
E
>>
she's gonna turn to the dark side, check the placement of her staff on the poster compared to the placement of kylo ren's lightsaber.
>>
>>63895831
>OK Luke, now I'm going to teach you how to use the force to blow up a space station that isn't a moon. Don't ask me why, just learn
>>
>>63895871
That's just a simple design choice. Don't read too much into it, kid.
>>
>>63895818
dude their baiting you. None of them are actually that stupid and have probably never seen the movies.
>>
>>63895750
So your argument is that she is awesome cause she was trained to be already awesome?
That's some good storytelling right there.
>>
>Luke using the Jedi mind trick is used to demonstrate that he has finally mastered the force after three movies and years of training.

>Rey does it immediately with no training and no explanation of how she knows about it.

Bugged the shit out of me. Spoiled my enjoyment of the rest of the film and needed to be explained better if there is an explanation.
>>
>>63895897
At least he training rather than "Oh wow. I found out the Force is real two minutes and now I am a Jedi master!"
>>
>>63895818
>single blaster shot is the same thing as a continuous stream of lightning from the most powerful force user in the galaxy
>>
>>63895750
I want to buy into this theory but I can't. Why wouldn't the school shooter Kylo Ren remember her? She would have had to have been 6 or 7 during the massacre. She couldn't have been receiving training for that long. What age were the padawans in the prequels? I mean even they were really shitty at being jedi's that early.

Plus I also just can't buy Luke or Obi-wan having kids.
>>
>>63895639
>and yet he took down Finn easy enough
that's my point, he had no interested in keeping finn alive, making the fight easier
>>
I feel like yesterday one website wrote 'mary sue' and now everybody is like OMG YEAH MARY SUE
>>
I don't know why people keep acting like Kylo Ren is some master sith. Most of the Mary Sue complaints seem to focused around her beating him, but:

The part where he stopped a bolt in the air just looked like showing off. There's no reason to believe that Vader COULDN'T do that. But why would you when he can effortlessly block them with his hand, or deflect them with his lightsaber? It's a shitty ability that just looks cool.

People talk about him being able to break into people's minds easily, but he's shown to be kinda shitty at it, and seems to basically be torturing them for most of it. Again, compare this to Vader in the OT, who can effortlessly see exactly what people are thinking at various points, and who can clearly sense other people at great distances (like Luke and Obi-Wan) far better than Kylo.

Not to mention that Kylo seems like a punk kid who wants to be hardcore and is kinda shitty with a lightsaber.

He also kicked the shit out of Finn despite having taken a gut shot from the bowcaster, which is repeatedly shown to be fucking people up hardcore throughout the movie relative to normal blasters.

AND it seems like he isn't even fully trying to kill her, because he tries to tempt her to the dark side during the fight.

So what other cool shit does he supposedly do that makes her a Mary Sue? Beat up two shitty thugs in a half second low-energy action scene? Who cares?

Shoot a few stormtroopers on... whatever Maz's planet is called? Pilot a ship well? Both things Luke does in ANH without going through a training montage about shooting guns or piloting ships.

Of course I'm going to be called a stupid fanboy for not mindlessly agreeing with being angry, but I definitely didn't have a problem with her in the movie. My main complaints center around there literally being a fucking third Death Star, which is a far better and more obvious problem with the movie.
>>
>>63896039
yes because he absorbed the blaster energy into his suit and grounded it out through his boots.
>>
File: 1445703602118.png (6 KB, 358x291) Image search: [Google]
1445703602118.png
6 KB, 358x291
>>63895818
So what you're saying is that Rey is a competent strong protagonist and Luke has always been a damsel in destress bitch-boy? Got it.
>>
>>63896149
Are you from 4 days ago ?
>>
>>63896182
>going to be called a stupid fanboy
Well at least you admit you are. Good for you.
>>
>>63896128
and yet, he couldn't Force Freeze Rey, or throw her away with the force, or anything and rey was suddenly strong enough to over come him? vader got inured too when Luke struck his shoulder, only made him madder and he wrecked Luke's shit and still wasn't trying to hurt him.

>>63896182

yes because when han Fired at Vader he just had to let the blaster bolt hit his hand.

Rey out used a force user because Disney Power Princess anon, no need to lie.
>>
Orgasm Sheriff here, you're all under arrest!
>>
>>63894278
Because she is the strongest jedi
>>
>>63896253
>disagreeing with me yet still shitting on a different part of the movie is being a fanboy because I say so

You must be frustrated because you can't find the downvote button.
>>
>>63896321
>she's going to teach luke

Search your feelings
>>
>>63896199
no i'm saying jar jar and the rat either fucked it up or made a calculated choice in creating a power overwhelming disney princess to sell tiaras to millions of young girls. bravo jar jar and the rat.
>>
File: rondameisha.jpg (21 KB, 236x363) Image search: [Google]
rondameisha.jpg
21 KB, 236x363
Will she still be a QT if Luke's training causes her to bulk up?
>>
>>63896182
Kylo could legitimately be the worst sith lord to ever live but he still should beat Rey in every aspect of that fight just due to the fact that he has years of training vs Rey having none other then being force sensitive. Kylo could have failed every class at Jedi and Sith school and he still should have been able to beat her.
>>
>>63896413
Then she'd be a turbo-QT.
>>
>>63896356
>Herp Derp, I said I didn't like one thing so I'm not a fanboy.
I bet you were one of those mindless retards that cheered over everything that showed up in the movie.
>>
>>63896284
Kylo is no where near as strong or skilled as Vader. I don't know why you keep comparing the two
>>
>>63896199
>what is having character flaws, developing and overcoming adversity

I know this is b8
>>
>>63896494

That's the best excuse you can come up with to justify your toothless insults?
>>
>>63895903
it was an overt design choice.
>>
dumbfucks to stupid to realize
>she was trained by luke in the force.
>luke saved her when kylo went batshit and killed everyone
>luke wiped her memory to keep her from doing anything stupid
>bitch is the jason bourne of the starwars universe.
>>
>>63893429
dude, this actually makes sense.
fuck.
>>
>>63896546
>Holy shit. He fucking admitted it!

So the answer is yes. Got it.
>>
>>63896284
Err I don't know. He was overwhelmed by his emotions and anger or he's just an emo teenager trying to be badass but is really shit when it comes to have a more powerful opponent than your average joe.
Or the movie is terribly written.
>>
>>63896595
>Kylo doesn't recognize her

:^)
>>
>>63896665
luke used a galaxy-wide mind trick to erase everyone's memory
>>
big fan of the OT here,
hate the new movie, way to many shortcuts used.
In my opionion this is worse then the prequels, it doesnt have a star wars feel to it, saw nothing new. Star Wars is meant to dazzle, this is just a rehash of the previous.
the plot didnt make much sense, just a new hope again.
instant force powers? everyone can use a light saber? yet another death star? where did the defeated empire "new order" get those resources from?
no one knew of this? they use a WHOLE FUCKING PLANET, only when it starts killing off planets people go "hey, thats wierd"
also the millenium falcon can be beat arround as much as you want, only one pipe will start leaking NP.
and starships can be boarded or started without any security / key.
and black stormtroopers will instantly be normal again after a few hours, the years of brainwashing have no effect.
Oh and bowcaster blasts cant be stopped in time like the blast in the beginning.

movie sucked
JJ fucked this up as hard as the giant plot holes in star trek. (no orbital defences on vulkan / earth?)
>>
>>63894584
That's not a good improvement by any means. She gets out by brer rabbit trope and "oops we're retarded soldiers"?

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>63896665
Nothing in the movie suggests that he doesn't recognize her? Unless I forgot about it
>>
>>63894640
Gee it's almost like they're different characters and Luke trained her?
>>
File: 1423842546748.png (210 KB, 381x367) Image search: [Google]
1423842546748.png
210 KB, 381x367
HEAR ME OUT

What if Luke, being the Jesus Christ of the Force, is responsible for all of Rey's actions? He could see what was happening from his little cliff by the ocean. HE did the Jedi mind trick. He picked up the saber. At no time were things ever out of his control.
>>
File: 1450389454972.jpg (253 KB, 698x1075) Image search: [Google]
1450389454972.jpg
253 KB, 698x1075
>>63896706
>>
>>63896621

Wow, I can't believe you just admitted to being wrong. Good effort though.
>>
>>63896665
him recognizing her ruins the big reveal in VIII
>>
>>63891333
When will we see the knights of ren?

I know you fags will say their dead but when snoke is talking about han solo he says han will be the greatest challenge yet for ren and his knights.
>>
File: daisy-ridley-as-rey.jpg (30 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
daisy-ridley-as-rey.jpg
30 KB, 600x350
>>63891333
I want to eat her ass out. So qt
>>
File: 1447182787366.jpg (868 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
1447182787366.jpg
868 KB, 2400x2400
>>
>>63895115
They confirmed today that Kylo Ren is about 30 years old.

She's 5 when she's left on Jakku. You really don't think there's a chance a teenage Kylo Ren doesn't recognize her after she's grown up?

who's to say he even saw her? She probably got taken with Luke as soon as that shit happened. Notice how Luke's not in that flashback?
>>
They went too far with the "scavenger" background. Like, yes she is super profficient with all melee combat because survival, yes she can climb stuff because we see her doing that. Well of course she has vast tinkering experience because she needs to fix things before selling them (even tho it's always junk). Duh, yes she is a very skilled pilot, even more than TIE fighters trained ones because she had to learn how to in order to survive. Surely she speaks droid and wookie and probably 10 more languages because she was all by herself in a remote planet.

You don't get to give a character all those pros and no cons. With this background you can have her with serious trust issues, or really agressive with strangers or whatever. No, missing a couple of shots is not a flaw, and having amnesia either.

Also she somehow has the moral high ground all the time. It's not believable that le survive girl is going to deny a shit-ton of food for some droid she just met.
>>
She's gonna be Luke 2.0. She's the big hero who can do no wrong in this one, she'll get BTFO'd bad at some point in the next one, and in the last one she'll be wiser and more reserved
>>
>>63896865
>uh oh the fanboy is upset.
Your not going to cry like you did when Han died, are you?
>>
File: 1342187587390.jpg (82 KB, 334x335) Image search: [Google]
1342187587390.jpg
82 KB, 334x335
>>63896775

I seem to remember a moment in the movie when Kylo asks for clarification when he finds out one of his fugitives with the droid is a girl, more out of recognition than surprise...
>>
>>63896986
implying it's not
>Wow a girl haha girls are incompetent and useless I'm a cis white male btw
>>
>>63896514
yeah because every force user can stop a bolt in mid air and stuff and use force telepathy to interrogate and stuff.

>>63896629
yeah he was an emo teenager who could force stop a person, stop bolts in mid air and use telepathy to interrogate people, yup, a complete emo faggot who can't into force.
>>
>>63891333
You're fine with literally everything but the one thing Jedi are known to do? Are you stupid?
>>63896820
Anakin is the Jesus Christ of the Force, he was even conceived by a Virgin mother (Plagueis novel isn't canon anymore) and it's been confirmed time and again he's the real Chosen One.
>>
>>63897036

explain how kylo saw where luke was when he was in her head if she has never meet luke before?
>>
>>63897068
She's not a jedi
>>
>>63897131
wut
>>
>>63897036
training in the force does not equal strength in the force
>>
File: THANK YOU LENS FLARE MAN.jpg (234 KB, 1183x1090) Image search: [Google]
THANK YOU LENS FLARE MAN.jpg
234 KB, 1183x1090
>>
>>63897087
he saw the map that she had seen senpai
>>
>>63897186
THANK YOU LENS FLARE MAN
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.