[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck was this even? Damn this sucked hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
What the fuck was this even? Damn this sucked hard
>>
a film where we pretend that humans can survive a journey through the lethal radiation belts surrounding earth
>>
>>63889680
>hating The Right Stuff
I'm about to get my dad down here hold on.
>>
>>63889680
Listen you little snot nosed faggot. I'll have you know the space program was the pride and joy of my generation. When JFK was assassinated our country refused to remain weakened; We became a unified front and watched in solemn grace as our men did the impossible. The Right Stuff is a movie that dramatizes this grand achievement, and is literally the only attempt that worked. And someone from your generation with your ipads and your nigger music and your 9/11 could never understand what it means to be part of something so great.
>>
>>63889680
Guaranteed replies.

I'm not even mad, I'm impressed you picked original bait
>>
>>63890024
This, holy shit. The Right Stuff is essential dadcore
>>
>>63889680
only liked the stuff with chuck yaeger tobehonest familia
>>
>>63890402
Is it because the new generation doesn't care about cool planes or the romantic sense of adventure?
>>
>>63890790
No strong women.
>>
>>63891888
>the right stuff remake will be released in 2033 for Project Mercury's 75th anniversary featuring a multi ethnic gender swapped cast playing the original astronauts to correct the offensive history.
>>
>>63892115
I must laugh but seriously this could happen for real
>>
>>63892115
Sadly you're exactly right. But I laughed anyway
>>
File: 1449825220542.gif (788 KB, 179x173) Image search: [Google]
1449825220542.gif
788 KB, 179x173
fuckin ree dude, fucking reee
>>
>>63892772
Female Ernest Shackleton, evil Brit Captain Scott, proud black George Mallory and Christopher Columbus retconned out of existence.
>>
>>63889680
It's not a stone-cold masterpiece, but that should've been a given considering it's reputation as an Oscar-nominated, prestigious, long as fuck film no-one talks much about anymore.

Anyway, all the stuff about Chuck Yeager at the beginning of the movie, presenting these young test pilots as essentially modern day Cowboys seeing their generation be slowly eclipsed by the Mercury astronauts, I thought was done really well. The desert landscapes are used really well and Sam Shepherd is on fucking point as Yeager.

But the main draw is how well the flying scenes are done. All of them are thrilling in a very austere ways and the effects still hold up, the climax of it all being Ed Harris orbiting the earth, seeing mysterious lights while his spaceships floats against the blue, blue earth. Really moving in a way that can only be achieved through movies.

So 3.5/5 overall. It's weakness of course is everything about the wives.
>>
>>63889680
You need to watch this movie to understand the references at the beggining of "Space Cowboys"
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.