[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post yfw people think Star Wars will beat Avatar >only grossed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: JamesCameron00.jpg (32 KB, 425x594) Image search: [Google]
JamesCameron00.jpg
32 KB, 425x594
post yfw people think Star Wars will beat Avatar

>only grossed 517 million
>still has to gross 2+ billion to even break even with Avatar
>>
>World wide
No one cares about how good you are at peddling shit to thirdworlders Jim
>>
>517M in 3 days
James, you seem a tad worried. Something wrong?
>>
>>63881298
Everyone who wanted to see Star Wars this weekend saw it. Now expect a 50%+ drop off next weekend.

Avatar had like a 20% drop off in it's second, third and fourth week because people just kept going. It was an event. More so than Star Wars.

Star Wars won't have the legs. Plus,a bunch of new movies are coming out in January that will surely take attention away from Star Wars. Once again, Avatar didn't have that threat. In the cold brisk days of January 2010, it was just Avatar and Avatar alone at the box office.
>>
>>63881411
>Now expect a 50%+ drop off next weekend.

But this week is Christmas week.
>>
>>63881464
No excuses. Avatar came out the same day as Star Wars and still made bank on Christmas week.
>>
>>63881464
This. I havenĀ“t seen it and my family is bored during christmas so we will go and see it and with us tons of others.
>>
>>63881526
Same here. >>63881411 is retarded.
>>
>>63881411
>Everyone who wanted to see Star Wars this weekend saw it. Now expect a 50%+ drop off next weekend.

I didnt
>>
>>63881139
Nigga, it will make $1b in the first 7 days. Don't tell me it can't make another 2 at least in the next 8 weeks.
>>
>>63881526
>>63881575
sup disney
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 313x286
>>63881139
>only grossed 517 million
>only
>517 mil
>in 3 days
>>
>>63881411
>Avatar had like a 20% drop off in it's second

Avatar only opened at 77 million. That's why it's drop off was so low.
>>
>>63881645
Oh ya? It'll make another 500 million in the next 4 days? And then another billion 8 days after that?

Where have we seen this before?

Oh right. Faggot cringe inducing Star Wars fans in 1999 going "STAR WARS WILL DESTROY TITANIC AT THE BOXOFFICE!!!" and then it utterly failed.

Can't wait when Force Awakens fails to even reach Titanic numbers.

I also can't wait until Episode 8 where the cycle will begin all over again and everyone will think it'll have potential to beat Avatar.

Star Wars fans... lol... so naive and dumb. No wonder they're easily amused by that shit.
>>
Why is Jim so based? I don't see Star Wars being number 1 and number 2 top grossing films of all time
>>
File: btfo.jpg (84 KB, 681x460) Image search: [Google]
btfo.jpg
84 KB, 681x460
>>63882090

They should have learnt by now that James Cameron is the only one who can beat James Cameron.
>>
It's gonna be the biggest movie of all time. At this point, with all the advertising dollars they've put into it, it'll be considered a failure if it's NOT the biggest movie of all time.

But it'll make billions, it'll do more overseas business than Avatar ever did. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes the number 1 spot before New Years. There's no possible way they can fail.
>>
>>63882090
Your problem is that Star Wars is a much better movie than Avatar, it will hold to repeated viewings, and will age better. Avatar marketing campaign was just about tricking people into buying the tickets. No one liked Avatar after watching it. And people started hating it very quickly and realize the scam they've been set up to. Star Wars is a real movie.
>>
>>63882633

Jurassic world made more on Friday, Saturday and Sunday Domestically.

If this trend continues SW7 won't even beat Avengers.
>>
Anyone who actually thinks this isn't the biggest movie release of all-time is just dumb.

It's the first IMAX 3D Star Wars movie, enough said.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.