[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>BB8 gives a thumbs up using his utility torch Why must every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: aYgnrEa.jpg (141 KB, 601x602) Image search: [Google]
aYgnrEa.jpg
141 KB, 601x602
>BB8 gives a thumbs up using his utility torch

Why must every movie now have a Reddit moment?
>>
i thought it was echii
>>
>>63860704
Go back to Reddit, shithead.
>>
Because $$$
Reddit humor:
>pushed by corporations
>safe, middle of the road, insincere, appeals to a wide variety of interest groups
>glorifies the image of the product it is pushing
>conforms to corporate and elite interests
>anti-democratic
>created by committee to sell products
>tries too hard to become a meme and in the process embed itself within the minds of consumers to sell more crap related to the franchise (the entire character of Groot)
"thats not how the force works!" "chewie we're home!" "TRAITORxD!" "do you have a boyfriend?"

4chan humor:
>anonymous origins
>free, democratic, open source
>subverts corporate interests and intentions (Bane in TDKR used to attack the movie, not praise it)
>not created to push a product or message, but rather to amuse and humor individuals
>created for a specific group of enlightened users, not dumbed down for the masses
>memes are not forced by corporations, but rather become popular due to their innate appeal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgbQGXTwiME
>>
>At theater
>Thunderous laughter when this scene happens

Why senpai. It really wasn't that funny.

Also when is this replace words with other words meme going to end fAm?
>>
>>63860884
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>63860704
>Literally Reddit, the post
>>
>>63860704
>>63860884
Literally Reddit: The Posts
>>
>>63860704
I thought BB8 was pissed and trying to burn him
>>
>>63860926
>>63860959
>says how great 4chan is
>gets called reddit

Why?
>>
>>63860937
Spotted the Redditor.
>>
>>63861013
>this post
Literally fucking Reddit. KILL YOURSELF.
>>
>>63861013
Because they're cancerous /r/4channerians trying to fit in on a board they just joined. Its a very big tactic they've been using for the last year here.
>>
>>63860704
I thought it was a middle finger.
>>
>>63860884
>created for a specific group of enlightened users, not dumbed down for the masses
This makes me feel pretty good desu family
>>
>>63860884
So 4chan is more fedoracore than Reddit?
>>
>>63861117
Yes and no
Its balanced here
>>
File: rrrreeee8.jpg (49 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
rrrreeee8.jpg
49 KB, 640x637
>>63860704
that scene was funny you cocksucking underage faggot
you know why it was funny? because I laughed at it
maybe I liked things others didn't and the other way around, that's just the way shit works. not everything needs to be pandered to you
>muh le reddit jokes in muh le star wars
go make your own movie with your own jokes and maybe include your mom in it playing as herself, a washed up prostitute who gave birth to an inbred retard you fucking child
>>
If your mind immediately jumps to Reddit when you see a joke, you're probably the redditor.
>>
>>63861364
It really isn't.

4chan is literally just contrarianism.
>>
>BB-8 has a lighter.
>Rey says "I didn't know there was all this green in the universe!"

420 blaze it
>>
File: warwick 435.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
warwick 435.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>63861468
Well we found the Redditard with all the gold.
>>
>>63861613
youre so new
>>
>>63861759
Well, I found your mom on her knees sucking my dick again
>>
>>63860704
That was awesome and sorely needed in a movie lacking camp. Too bad JJ had to frontload to movie with fun. The second half is a bit of a chore.
>>
>>63861085
Looked like a thumbs up in the movie, but OP's pic is CLEARLY a middle finger. Look at the expression on that smug fuck's face.
>>
>>63860918
Happened at my theater as well
>>
>>63860884

Many 4chan memes are quite meta, you need to be here for a long time to understand the history and older memes which are regurgitated into new forms, but it's still pretty dumb
>>
>>63860918
>Why senpai.
because you don't expect a droid to be human-like
>>
>>63861909
Nice projection.
>>
How is it that this movie is identical in tone to every marvel mcu shit

>joke
>running
>joke
>running
>serious business scene
>joke
>more running
>fighting
>the end
>>
File: 1450511828153.jpg (292 KB, 1529x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450511828153.jpg
292 KB, 1529x1200
You remember that kids exist right? Not everything was made to cater to your insecure REEE shit
>>
>>63862137
It's what moviegoers are expecting now and it makes sense too. In both Star Wars and the MCU you have all this weird fantasy stuff going on. Normal people can't take weird fantasy stuff seriously, so they fill it full of jokes and one liners to make it more silly and palatable by normal people.

Only true nerds are able to take weird stuff seriously and are willing to overlook stuff that probably wouldn't really happen in real life. Normal people just sit there not understanding and questioning everything. They're only able to overlook that stuff when the movie is funny and silly to them in the first place.
>>
>>63862137
I'm getting sick of it. How do I get into true cinema /tv/
>>
>>63862057
>"i know you are but what am i!" for fedora tippers
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.