[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have seen an earlier version of TFA and I assure you nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 640375.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
640375.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
I have seen an earlier version of TFA and I assure you nothing valuable was edited out from the movie. In my opinion the "extended edition" wouldn't really change the pacing or fix the issues some of you have with the film.

Most of the cut scenes were about Leia sending her emissary (a young black girl) to the Hosnian Prime, so the senate would legitimize The Resistance and recognize The First Order as their enemy. Nobody believes her, then TFO blows up the planet and it's too late. Also a brief shot where Leia tries to contact the girl, but finds out that the planet was destroyed.

In the earlier cut the sequence with BB-8 touching R2D2 and R2 waking up wasn't cut in half, it all happened one after another. I have no idea why they decided to "delay" the waking up for so long.

There was a little bit more sneaking up on stormtroopers when Finn and Poe were escaping the Finalizer.

There was also a rumble on Jakku, with the two gangs interrogating and killing the Unkar dude, short fighting sequence that was pretty fun, shame it got left out.

So, there it is. This is all you would have gotten with the "Extended cut".
>>
>>63826689

To bee honest I think that would have improved
the overall rushed and cut feel of the film, especially the Hosnian Prime scene, because as we're getting it they blow up some random planets nobody knows or care about.

The worst thing about TFA is, imo (aside from the music) the way it has been edited and cut.

I got the impression they must have butchered the film to fit time standards or something
>>
>>63826689
>Most of the cut scenes were about Leia sending her emissary (a young black girl) to the Hosnian Prime, so the senate would legitimize The Resistance and recognize The First Order as their enemy. Nobody believes her, then TFO blows up the planet and it's too late. Also a brief shot where Leia tries to contact the girl, but finds out that the planet was destroyed.
I was wonering why they had the camera on a random black chick. I thought JJ was just being the mudmixer he is, but I wanted a little more politics in this movie.
Real shame that was cut.
Movie would still have been an embarassment to every one involved though. No amount of editing could have saved this bafflingly awful thing.
>>
>>63826689
>>63826779

That Hosnian Prime scene would have provided some much needed context for the New Republic, the Resistance and The First Order which we were mostly left in the dark about.
>>
>>63826689
How do you know all this? And can you convince JJ/Disney to release this cut on Blu Ray?
>>
>>63826779
It wasn't that long a film, though. At least it didn't feel it.

There was certainly room for an extra 20 minutes.
>>
>>63826779
I agree. There's a good film in there if only they gave it room to breathe.

The entire third act felt very obviously cut for time.
>>
>>63827123
>There's a good film in there
I want to see the movie you saw.
>>
>>63827152
I won't argue taste but as far as I'm concerned it had a solid narrative backbone. The problem was there's no meat on the bones.
>>
>>63827242
>it had a solid narrative backbone.
Ok now I would counter by saying it stole the backbone from ANH.
But people are in denial about that and say
>who cares lol you wanted to hate it
>>
>people wanting this trash to be even longer
Why? They were the two longest hours of my life. It should've ended sooner.
>>
>>63827289
>it stole the backbone from ANH
And I agree, which doesn't necessarily make it a "bad" movie, just unoriginal (then again ANH was stole from Kurosawa/Flash Gordon so I wouldn't use that as an example of originality either).
>>
>>63827403
So it's there's no meat on it's twice stolen backbone.
Glad we a agree.
>>
>>63826689
That would explain the strange close up of the black girl being killed in the explosion.
>>
>>63826689
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63826689
Constable Zuvio was entirely cut from the finished film. Any insights on who/what he was?
>>
File: zuvio_1.jpg (131 KB, 800x1214) Image search: [Google]
zuvio_1.jpg
131 KB, 800x1214
>>63827487
Forgot pic.
>>
File: Abraham.jpg (4 KB, 274x233) Image search: [Google]
Abraham.jpg
4 KB, 274x233
>>63826689
>2016
>Super deluxe extended version of TFA is released on blu ray
>We've added more mediocre scenes to an already mediocre flick
Well done jj and disney
>>
>>63827487
He only appeared in the brawl on Jakku that ended up with Unkar getting killed, then he suggests that the gangs should get together to fight their common enemy (Han) and not each other. The scene was honestly out of place and led to nothing, however it made the appearance of the gangs on Evarana more natural.
>>
Can you elaborate on this scene from the trailer that was not in the movie?
>>
>>63827668
I think this scene was a deception, it wasn't there even in the earlier cut and I have no idea where it could even take place.
>>
>>63827668
It means shooting was a clusterfuck and JJ was in over his head.
>>
>>63826689
More politics would have helped give context to a lot of the film
>>
>>63827696
It's apparently an exchange between Maz and Leia at the Resistance base.
>>
>>63827696
was the ending scene with Luke ever a dialogue scene?
>>
>>63827757
According to the leaks that were almost completely correct, yes, at one point there was dialogue in that scene.
>>
>>63827709
I heard they started shooting without a finished script.
>>
>>63827787
It wouldn't suprise me. That's what doomed the Hobbit movies too.
Patience is a lost virtue, sadly.
>>
>>63827787
It kinda feels like that. There are many sequences that are really, really great on their own, but they don't make a coherent story when put together.
>>
>>63827810
Blame Michael Arndt for wanting 6 (extra!) months just to finish his script. I can understand perfectionism but that was asking a bit much.
>>
>>63826689

This makes me angry. These scenes were important and should not have been cut or rearranged.
>>
>>63827810
>>63827840
It's nothing new for Star Wars. The scripts for A new Hope and Empire Strikes Back were a mess according to behind the scenes info.

Only this time they didn't have Marcia Lucas to save it during editing.
>>
>>63828113
>the cheating wife maymay
nah
>>
>>63827840
They filmed the Jakku stuff first, right? Does that explain the weird hand holding stuff that just got kind of dropped.
>>
>>63826689
>the Finalizer

The what?
>>
>>63827780
>ending a SW movie with dialogue

I think that dumb helicopter shot was enough of a detour.
Hell, was there some slow-motion in the Kylo/Rey fight near the end?
>>
>>63827916
spending extra time on the script was not the problem with this film, that's a good thing, and Arndt could have been overruled.

the story was misconcevied at its core because they copied New Hope too much. it couldnt' be simpler.
>>
>>63827916
>blaming the guy for wanting to do a good job

There was no reason to have this out in 2015. Besides money.
>>
>>63828307
The name of the First Order Star Destroyer that you see once and never again
>>
>>63828425
Did they run out of cool names or something?
Finalizer sounds like a nickname a bunch of bookish accountants give to the guy in their firm they find the coolest and look up to.
>>
>>63828365
Yeah I cringed at how stupidly long they had Rey just stand there holding out the saber and Luke not grabbing it.
Stumbed over the finish line 2bh.
>>
>>63828397
I never said he wasn't doing a good job, but you shouldn't need 6 months to come up with a shooting script for a story that's already been signed off.

Most likely he was trying to juggle multiple projects at once and wanted Star Wars to fit his schedule.
>>
>I have no idea why they decided to "delay" the waking up for so long.

I'm GUESSING they changed it so that the reason why R2 "woke up" was Luke felt Han die and sent a signal (through the Force or otherwise) to R2 to wake up and let Leia (or whomever) find him.
>>
>>63826878
I agree. I spent much of the second half of the film trying to understand the powers of the galaxy in this time period.

While we know the Empire still existed after the destruction of the second Death Star, it apparent they no longer exist in any fashion. I really need to know two things;

Why are the Resistance not officially recognised by the Senate? If they exist, and are called the Resistance, it implies the threat of The First Order is a long standing one (given the size of TFOs military), but the Resistance appear to exist on an even smaller scale that the Rebellion. I had always assumed the Rebellion would naturally become the New Republic and their military would become the new peace keepers.

Secondly, how have TFO been able to rise to such extreme levels of power in terms of their military force? Everyone seemed to know of them, they were incredibly well established (even better than the Resistance) and yet they opposed the Galactic Senate. It just felt strange that they were not having to deal with a bigger opposition than the Resistance.
>>
File: Brak_(character).png (73 KB, 346x473) Image search: [Google]
Brak_(character).png
73 KB, 346x473
>>63827517
>those cartoon cat eyes

Didn't I see that guy on Space Ghost?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.