[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where's the rlm episode? I need them to provide more of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11
File: halfinthebag.jpg (82 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
halfinthebag.jpg
82 KB, 500x265
Where's the rlm episode? I need them to provide more of their amazing insight such as
>the movie was "fun"
>it was better than the prequels
>what did you think jay?
>i enjoyed it mike
>>
>>63806451
>People hope it'll be plinkett tier

They'll say it was mediocre competent movie, fun but that's about it, nothing really special, and that's essentially bad for Star Wars
Cue jokes, Rich Evans acting and the theme song at the end.

There, I just saved you 55 minutes
>>
>Jay: I thought it was boring, just a rehash of A New Hope, J.J. has no sense of...
>Mike: OY VEY HOW DARE YOU QUESTION STAR WARS I THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT, IT WAS FUN, AT LEAST IT WAS BETTER THAN THE PREQUELS GEEZ YOU DON'T FUCKING LIKE ANYTHING YOU STUPID GOY
>Jay: i-i-it wasn't that bad.
>>
RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, /tv/, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely and pathetic road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alIqfcX24ec
>>
>>63806775
>RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

ppfff yeah... "groovy"
>>
>>63807054
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yzTSuOkZeE
>>
>>63806451
Mike will criticize the unnecessary "super weapon plot" and how they hammered in that this Death Star was much biggerer than the last one
>>
>>63807197
What's this guy's name again? The Mola Mola Claw Fish?
>>
>>63806961
>listening to a sweaty, sausaged fingered samoan's opinion on cinema.
>>
Remember that this is the man who raved about Jurassic World.
>>
>>63806451
They're not going to hate on it. They have not hated on anything that their audience likes.

They know how to get youtube views. FFS, they liked the martian, interstellar, and gravity. They have the worst opinions on science fiction.
>>
>>63807197
So what did you think of Episode VII, Mr. Coca-Cola Fish?
>>
File: 1443454824882.jpg (30 KB, 228x239) Image search: [Google]
1443454824882.jpg
30 KB, 228x239
>>63807197
>1 hour 44 minutes

nigga who the fuck has that much time
>>
>>63808861
people who browse /tv/
>>
red cuck media
>>
>>63806451
They've been editing it for 7 hours now.
>>
>>63806451

Screencap this post. They will say more positive things than negative things. Do you have any idea how much hate mail they would get if they gave it a bad review? They'd lose half their patreon subscribers.
>>
>>63809154
what are you talking about m8 they've made a career of shitting on post-OT star wars movies
>>
>>63809459
five years ago.

Since then they have not shit on a single movie that their audience loved. Interstellar was shit, and they loved it. The Martian was shit, and they loved it. Gravity was shit, and they loved it.

RLM panders to your opinions no less than any other group.
>>
>>63806644

Every time.
>>
>>63809690
They never reviewed The Martian and they only kind of liked Interstellar.
>>
>>63809690
>Interstellar
>The Martian
>Gravity

one of these things is not like the others
>>
>>63809690
They had major problems with both Gravity and Interstellar. Just because they didn't shit in them doesn't mean they loved them. And what the fuck are you even talking about with The Martian? The only time they've even mentioned it was to comment that th hadn't seen it.
>>
>>63809950
>>63809890
>>63809892
Could have sworn they reviewed the martian. My bad.

In any case, they both recommended interstellar and gravity, despite both films being completely unwatchable.

They have no opinions, they're a business. They will lose more money than they will gain by being honest.
>>
File: fuccboi.jpg (43 KB, 540x340) Image search: [Google]
fuccboi.jpg
43 KB, 540x340
>mfw HITB Ep 100 isn't Star Wars
>>
>>63810023
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>63810109

Thanks for the opinion from the peanut gallery.
>>
>>63810023

>interstellar and gravity are both completely unwatchable

nigga you mustn't watch very many movies with that high of a standard, I bet you're a virgin too... not because you can't get pussy but because you're Mr. Autismally High Standards.
>>
>>63810297
Weird, all i'm seeing in this post is the response code. There's nothing else there.
>>
File: awfuck.jpg (45 KB, 433x325) Image search: [Google]
awfuck.jpg
45 KB, 433x325
Will TFA finally push Mike over the edge?
>>
these motherfucking hypocrites how i hate them
>>
>>63808823

They didn't Gravity and they didn't even review The Martian, faggot
>>
>>63806451
they're going to come out with a plinkett episode and tear the film apart like they did with JJ's Star Trek films.
>>
>>63806775
>RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.
That's literally everyone here aside from the highschool normies.
>>
>>63811102
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXhpePGZdPM
They reviewed gravity. They recommended it and said how they enjoyed it overall. They didn't review the martian and i already said "my bad" so you can't legally criticize me any more.

>>63811129
Nope. I would bet cash money that they will say they liked it to please their patreon subscriber base that is their bread and butter.
>>
fuck movies
>>
>>63806775

nice pasta
>>
File: RBmY53t.png (62 KB, 590x477) Image search: [Google]
RBmY53t.png
62 KB, 590x477
>>63806644
Jay already posted about it on Twitter saying that it was a decent film, that can't live up to the romanticized memory of the originals.

It's tough because if Jay says something is good, people assume he's shilling for Mike, but if he says it's bad and compromises to be agreeable, people assume he's shilling for Mike.
>>
>>63806451
Literally "It wasn't great, but it was entertaining."
>>
>>63811309
>those opinions

Wow, Disney paid them off.
>>
>>63811233
Not even the slightest chance, the Plinkett reviews is what RLM is most known for, and this movie obviously will give so much fodder for Mike it'll be easy to tear it to fucking shreds

>steal plot
>expect to get away with it
>>
>>63806644
Lol the sidekick needs to grow some balls
>>
>>63811398
Most people didn't like the prequels and they had over a decade to sit on them and form their opinions.

Nobody is going to stab at TFA. The negative publicity from reddit alone would DDOS their website.

You know what reddit will say? "They just don't like strong women or african american leads"

The End.
>>
>>63811375
What did you think after they had Max Landis on to defend his shitty movie from "the mean internet"?

The new Star Wars movie is garbage and Finn and Rey are the only saving grace this movie has.
>>
>>63811478
Max Landis is a huge nerd and he wanted to be on the show.

Nobody has even heard of american ultra. Most won't even remember chronicle.
>>
>>63811474

How about, THEY REMADE EPISODE IV FOR 1000 ALEX?
>>
File: Megaman.jpg (47 KB, 815x622) Image search: [Google]
Megaman.jpg
47 KB, 815x622
>>63811309
>movie is a blatant ripoff of A New Hope
>hurr durr you're naive for not liking it and thinking they phoned it in
>>
>>63811516
NOBODY CARES! LOOK AT THE REVIEWS!
>>
>>63811309
I think it was obvious by RotJ that Star Wars was mainly a product. Though I think ANH and to a lesser extent ESB were genuine enough to believe they weren't primarily for selling toys, despite Lucas gunning for the merchandising rights in the initial contract with Fox.

His opinion is shit because Disney is just paying off RLM for the Plinkett reviews since they were useful to get a sense of what the fans want in a Star Wars movie.
>>
>>63811542
I don't care about reviews. It's a rip off and and stupid story. They could have made a better movie had they just did the first book from the Thrawn Trilogy from the EU.
>>
File: 7110057.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
7110057.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>there are people in this thread who think that JJ watched the plinkett reviews and that's why TFA is so good
>>
>>63811690
>there are people in this thread who think TFA is actually good
>>
>>63806451
>what did you think jay?
>i enjoyed it mike

More like "I didn't really like it Mike" *MIKE MAKE FUNNY FACE* "I mean I liked it" *MIKE MAKE FUNNIER FACE* "I mean I loved it" "That's right Jay. You'll be warming my bed tonight instead of Rich"
>>
>>63811654
Nobody cares. As in, no one cares, and only nobodies care.

That it's a ripoff was calculated to make it a success, because let's be honest, everything is a rip off these days.

It's a Reboot. That's why it remakes episode 4.

Yes, it's stupid. That's what humanity wants.
>>
>>63811735
I thought the prequels were bad but at least they were fucking original.

This movie is a blatant plagiarism.
>>
>>63811309
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPt1am18lR4&t=2m14s
2:15-3:40 argues the exact point Jay is criticizing.
>>
>I really enjoyed The Force Awakens. It was fun, fast paced and exciting.
>Well Jay, I didn't like it at all. It sucked shit.
>Y-yeah th-that's right, Mike. There were a lot of p-problems.
>>
>>63811776

Your opinion cannot stop the millions of dollars in profits.
>>
>>63811375
Disney couldn't give a shit about them
>>
>>63811820

that was 5 years ago. I'd bet most of their patreon subscribers have never seen them.

Look, let me put it this way: People do not watch reviews to see the opinion of some random fucks, they watch reviews to have their opinion reinforced by someone "in authority" (yeah i know)

SO what will RLM do? They will reinforce the opinion of the majority of their customers. They will recommend it highly while whispering false criticisms.

It's bullshit, but that's how the world works.
>>
why hasn't the pasta been posted yet
>>
>>63812026

Something something patreon something cannot even refute the first paragraph something.
>>
File: 1322592131297.gif (3 MB, 307x171) Image search: [Google]
1322592131297.gif
3 MB, 307x171
>>63811690
>>63811702

>there are people in this thread that are capable of thinking

Lies.
>>
File: CIA Obi-Wan.jpg (29 KB, 326x438) Image search: [Google]
CIA Obi-Wan.jpg
29 KB, 326x438
why didn't anyone show up as a Force Ghost to spout expository dialogue like in Return of the Jedi?
>>
>>63812297
Their post-death form is only temoporary. It's why Qui Gonn doesn't make contact in the original trilogy.
>>
>RLM post a Jurassic Park commentary where they rip on World before release but then pussy out and release a positive review
>RLM post a ROTJ commentary where they rip on TFA before release but now are already up on twitter defending it and will also release a positive review
It's like poetry, it rhymes.
>>
>>63812365

temporary? it was months between obi wan dying and the end of rotj.
>>
>>63812401
And it's decades between the films.
>>
>>63812427

so you're just making shit up now?
>>
>>63812427
It's 12 years between Qui Gon dying in TPM and talking to Yoda in ROTS. Meanwhile your claim that "it's temporary" is supported by absolutely jack fucking shit.
>>
>>63812487
Qui Gon doesn't talk to Yoda in ROTJ, what are you on about?
>>
>>63812608
Did he say ROTJ? Check your dyslexia.
>>
>>63806546
considering their prediction episode i think they're gonna be pretty damn brutal on the film
>>
>>63812633
So the temporary period is 15 years, issue solved.
>>
>>63812608
So you're just a shitposting troll. No need for further responses.
>>
>>63812608
At the end of ROTS, Yoda tells Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon talked to him about how to become a force ghost. Only question is why wasn't Qui-Gon there at the end of ROTJ?
>>
>>63812716

gotta wait for the special special special edition where we see baby kylo ren force ghost.
>>
>>63812401
it's explained in the EU that they only last a few years, which is why qgj was able to contact yoda which yoda reveals years later after qgj has 'dissipated' into the force (note qgj never became a gghost)
>>
>>63812716
Anakin knew how to force ghost on his own.
>>
>>63812748

So what? EU is dead.

Star Wars is for people younger than the playstation 2. Not us, the people who kept it alive for 20 years.
>>
>>63812716
he only solved it partially, he wasn't able to manifest a form only his "conscious"
note that a ghost is only a force recording, it's not an interaction with that person after they die
>>
>>63812716
Because Liam Neeson gave told George Lucas to fuck off, and that he didn't want to be in Star Wars any more.
>>
>>63812748
>in the EU
>>
>>63811309
>that can't live up to the romanticized memory of the originals.
yet several episodes of the clone wars did and the entire genndy miniseries did.
>>
>>63812816
so much of the canon was based on various parts of EU, it's very difficult to separate what is and isn't canon
we've clone wars to thank for that mostly
>>
>>63806451

There was going to be a positive plinkett review of TFA from the moment this came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiHnqv098LY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIYfr_9Zpwk
>>
File: 1442951963660.png (411 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1442951963660.png
411 KB, 640x480
>>63812883
>No "How do you know that?" when Rey does the mindtrick having never seen it used before.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.