[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Two children, both extremely force sensitive, both basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: twoup-974x720.jpg (140 KB, 974x720) Image search: [Google]
twoup-974x720.jpg
140 KB, 974x720
>Two children, both extremely force sensitive, both basically abandoned by their parents, both take complete opposite sides of the force.

>Rey's parents left her on some planet. She spends her entire life waiting for them to return, never losing hope. Further showing her goodness of heart.

>Kylo's parents sent him off to live with his uncle. He basically feels abandoned by his parents, and he resents them for it. Further pulling him towards the dark side.

>Kylo is too weak! Waaaahhhh!
>Rey is too strong! Waaaahhhh!
>>
It's like slam poetry, it doesn't rhyme and it's not good
>>
>>63781359

The reason that people think Rey is too strong is the scene where The two of them are using the force to get the blue lightsaber and then it goes over to her rather then him. That whole scene is nonsensical as the lightsaber even goes to her when he is closer to it and she is behind him so he dodges out of the way of the lightsaber when it goes to her. But okay she is a Mary Sue with force powers but then she beats him utterly in the lightsaber fight when shes never used a lightsaber? WTF? And don't even use the argument Ren was injured cause Rey must have been too when he knocked her up against the three
>>
>>63781459
Kylo was shot by a weapon that blows people up. He was in a bad spot. Besides, it was clear by the way Rey handled her staff that she had experience with melee weapons. Add to that Kylo was not fully trained and that he couldn't focus his power Rey due to his emotional problems and the last piece clicks into place.
>>
>>63781459

Okay, but you have to remember, she literally carries around a bo staff. Its in the first scene we see her in. So she knows how to wield a close combat weapon, much like a sword. Shes trained in combat as well, that much is obvious.

The whole point of the second act is that her force powers have become, for lack of a better term, awakened.

Kylo has been fairly weakened. And literally every other scene we see of him, we see how prone he is to emotional outburst. Not only does he struggle with the light and dark side, but he also struggles with his own emotions. This of course shows a very big lack of wisdom. And this is why Rey ends up kicking his ass. She literally closes her eyes, becomes calm and zen.

Kylo is chaotic and emotional, Rey is not.
She has this advantage over him.

Fucking Snoak literally says that Kylo needs to finish his training. Hes not some Sith Lord, hes just a kid who thinks hes tough shit but really isnt.
>>
>>63781506

Yeah but Rey was injured too because she got pushed into that tree . Also a staff is not a lightsaber. And besides, if a trained individual can get overpowered by someone inexperienced like that how is any villian ever going to be intimidating? Thats no better then capeshit. Wait, a second this is Disney. I think I see it now Disney has done it, bravo. Star Wars = Disney
>>
I hope Rey gets one of her hands chopped off.
I hope Rey turns to the Dark Side.
I hope Rey puts on Ren's mask and starts calling herself Darth Reven.
I hope we get a duel between Darth Reven and Luke Skywalker.
>>
>>63781715

Star Wars = Marvel *
>>
>>63781755

Not going to happen. She is a Mary Sue who can do now wrong. We are supposed to root for her and not the bad guy who killed his father
>>
>>63781715

Okay but getting knocked unconscious and getting shot with a huge gun are two completely different injuries.

And it isnt a stretch at all to have someone who fights with a staff, also fight with a sword.
>>
>>63781715
The staff is not the same as a lightsaber you're right but it shows that she's experienced in melee weapons, in the first movies they explained how to properly use the force and a lightsaber you had to clear your mind, kylo was having an emotional conflict: killing his own father, his base bring destroyed.
Darth Vader had this peace of mind in IV and V that's why he wins over Luke.
>>
>>63781821

It just ruins his character though to see him get beaten like that in the first movie. He is not a threat anymore. So who is? Who is supposed to be a threat in the future? Honestly, I am not buying anyone of the villians of this new first order at all. I don't take them seriously so there is no suspense. And to take a step back what is the point of any of this? To defeat this first order? How is that any different then defeating the empire in the original trilogy? What is the point?
>>
>>63781908

No dude you're looking at this all wrong.

He got beat, doesnt mean he is no longer a threat. It means he is going to come back even fucking stronger and fuck shit up. Hes pissed now. She deformed his fucking face.
>>
>>63781359
>Its a JJ comes to 4chan to defend his shitty movie episode
>>
>>63781908
I thought it was clear that Kylo is not the main villain. He tries hard as fuck to be Darth Vader, but he doesn't have what it takes. It's obvious Snoke is real big bad, Kylo is just a lackey.
>>
>>63781715
Kylo couldn't overpower her because he wasn't focused and you need your mind clear to use the Force.
>>
>>63781946
>>63781989

Kylo Ren is not really a threat, neither is the first order or anything like that. This movie demonstrated that. Disney is so predictable with their formula:

- Obvious bad guys (red lightsaber weilders, empire, etc)
- Obvious good guys (Rey, etc)

And in the end the good guys always come out ahead and get away. I don't expect Disney to stray from the formula ever. Its like in Rebels the children always get away and defeat the empire every episode. I don't expect any different from the movies. Its formulaic and cliche but it is what you expect from Disney.
>>
>>63781817

it's a shame the guy who kills his father is the interesting character with an actual arc
>>
>>63781755
would be cool, but only if she doesnt serve one of those useless "sith lords", siths are total plebs...
>>
>>63782102
Protip: Most films have well established lines between good and evil
>>
>>63782102
so... just like the OT
>>
>>63781359

for everyone complaining about rey being too strong and kylo too weak.

it's purposeful because it makes kylo question "the power of the dark side", he struggles in the opposite way than we've seen in the past and rey coming out of no where and owning him makes him struggle even harder with it.
>>
>>63782102
Seems you're watching the wrong movie friend
>>
>>63782368
>Protip: Most films have well established lines between good and evil

In Disney stories it seems to be especially pronounced. There are literally no grey characters in Disney Wars. Everything is especially black and white. We could that on the other hand, Star Wars was very much based upon a grey morality as Anakin himself was a grey character who had the potential to turn to either side. I have hard time seeing that with Kylo Ren because having him commit patricide makes it 100% undeniable that he is bad and irredeemable. He can do a lot of things wrong but they really want far enough to make pure black so there is no chance of being grey. When Disney always makes everything pure black and white and it makes the good guys always win their stories are super boring.
>>
>>63781908
You serious Clark?

Snoke is obviously the big bad of the universe last of the remaining Sith

Kill him and the dark side is gone for good
>>
>>63781645

He was trained by both Luke fucking Skywalker and the Sith Lord. She's a PEASANT FROM THE DESERT WHO USES A STICK SOMETIMES.

How does that make any sense, he should've beaten them senseless
>>
>>63782665
>Kill him and the dark side is gone for good

Not until Disney decides to make a new reboot to make more $$$.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.