[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's wrong, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1080
Everybody seems to like TFA except for this board. Why is it so hard to say "I liked it"?
>>
get out
>>
>>63753752
just open up, you piece of shit.

say it with you
"it... was... good"
"I don't...have...to...shitfest...on...the...internet...to...make...up...for my mom...being a whore"
>>
Partly contrarianism.

But also partly because this is the first stage of the classic hype cycle, where all the fans and normies go nuts about a movie before coming down off of their sugar high and realize it kind of sucked. Critics used to be immune to this but even they've started doing it en masse in the last few years, as more of the "nerd crowd" has elevated to positions of criticdom. They overstate the quality of everything.

TFA was okay. It was just... there. It wasn't as bad as the /tv/ anti-hype meme was building it up to me, but 95% on rotten tomatoes? Come on man, I'm a massive pleb and even my taste isn't that pedestrian. It's like a 6.5. Way too many callbacks and references, no time to breathe, not a single original scene in the film.
>>
>>63753724

Because here people can speak their mind without fear and without a name
>>
>>63753724
crossboarder here

/tv/ just shits on new stuff like every other board does for their respective element, give them a few weeks and they'll open up
>>
>>63753900
right so in everyday life you told everybody TFA is the greatest thing ever

makes sense

it's what haters do IRL

yep
>>
Both the positive and negative reviews are the same. It's a rehash.

You can like it all you want because you like A New Hope, but how about they do something original.
>>
It was pretty good. Loads better than the prequels, but not as good as Jedi (in my opinion the weakest of the OT)
>>
Who the fuck is the Jedi? Was it John Booga or the girl? I couldn't tell with the Mary Sue rendition of everyone being good at using blasters and lightsabers.
>>
>>63753946
I bet that if they would have, truly would have, you would have shit on it for not connecting with the new characters, the way you did with the original ones
>>
>almost every other online community is a massive circle jerking cuck fest
> oh look everyone else liked cuck wars what a surprise!!

Fuck off back to reddit faggot
>>
>>63753999
no I meant real people. critics. fans. cinemagoers. my friends.

when was the last time you went outside?
>>
>>63753999
>cuck
>cuck
>reddit

This board
>>
>>63753979

Not if it was good. I hate pretty much every main character in ANH, the sequels make them great for me. Leia is a cunt, Luke whines too much, and Han is a faggot.
>>
File: Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Listen up

I say the whole of /tv/ shitting on this film because of 'muh inconsistencies'

This movie is the start of a TRILOGY, I repeat a TRILOGY. i.e THREE MOVIES.

If every movie was wrapped in a tight little bow with all of your questions answered from the first movie IN the first movie, it wouldn't be a good trilogy as none of the intrigue or mystery would be left for the other two films.

You know what trilogy did wrap each film in a nice little bow for you? The Prequels. And look how much you shit all over them.

You complained about how you wanted movies 'more like the originals' and that's exactly what we got. Now we have it: 'omg New Hope with a new skin 1/10 worst star wars ever'. People need to make their fucking minds up. Give the folks over at Disney time to develop a story, add more plot points and twists.

TFA wasn't bad. It was awesome.

The acting, set pieces, CGI (I thought Snoke looked a but dodgy but that was just a hologram), sound direction and script were simply fantastic.

Wait till the end of the trilogy. Hell, if you watch a New Hope you can see all of the plot points and inconsistencies over there, which were solved later in the saga. Make a judgement when this section of the story is deemed 'complete'.

Also all of you racist motherfuckers get back to /pol/. John Boyega was amazing, his and Daisy's (Rey's) chemistry is fantastic.
>>
My only real issue with the film was the two main characters. Everything else was at least passable. The main two were so bad though it was actually surprising.

I expected them to just be kinda dull and boring but no I outright hated them. It was like a couple of village idiots snuck onto the set of a better movie and proceeded to meddle with the entire production.
>>
Spoilers ahead

just gonna spoil how shitty this movie is

https://a.pomf.cat/xsnrpn.webm

https://a.pomf.cat/hrjvdt.mp4
>>
>>63755910
I just knew I could expect people pretending Han Solo was a well-known, legendary smuggler. Christ.
>>
FRIENDLY REMINDER to downvote the movie into oblivion on all major review sites. spread this!
>>
File: Untitled2.png (572 KB, 661x740) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
572 KB, 661x740
>>63753724
This is why.
>>
>>63756055
>I don't understand how IMDB works
>>
>>63756042
Try harder, George Lucas!
>>
>>63755749

This... This is the correct opinion. End of.
>>
>>63753724
>Why is it so hard to say "I liked it"?

Because /tv/ is a magnet for early-20something year olds that are mad at everything because the have been rejected by women their entire lives and are still virgins.

It's not just Star Wars, they pretty much hate everything in life, including showering and filling out job applications.
>>
>>63755910
god she sounds exactly like emilia clarke
>>
>>63755910
Jesus Christ if Chewbacca could get an accurate shot at the nigger why didn't he shot before he fucking killed han? This movie feels so autistic jesus.
>>
>>63755910
>if I open my eyes wide enough, it looks like I'm surprised!
>>
>>63753724
>Everybody seems to like TFA except for this board.
lol nope. The only reason you'd think that is if you only hang around plebs irl and the only sites you go to read about films is places like reddit and Rotten Tomatoes.
>>
>>63756185
you lack context of that scene
>>
>>63756042
/tv/ is so fucking lazy they won't do jack shit when it matters. All they do Is complain but never bother actually doing anything about it. When people could have asked the cast on twitter about all the shitty movie decisions, they diddnt. Missed opportunity to address how shit they movie they made actually was/is.
>>
I think that by and large the guys who trawl /tv/ posting negative comments about -everything- are just arrogant fuckers who think that because the professional critics are 'failing to uphold their high standards' that they need to balance it out by saying everything sucks.

Also because this is 4chan. People will say contrarian shit just to spark an argument. I'd imagine the same people who start threads calling John Boyega a dumb nigger that ruined the franchise are going into other threads and claiming he was the only good thing about the film. They just like ripping into shit.
>>
>>63753724
>Everybody seems to like TFA except for this board
>except for this board

No, pretty much all of 4chan hates it. And imdb has more bad reviews than good.
>>
>>63753979
Im pretty sure you could connect the characters in a better way than just rehashing the plot of ep4. "heres a death star, but bigger! and destroys 5 planets at a tim! and ccoincidentally has pretty much the same weakness as the previuos 3 ones!"

ffs
>>
>>63756219
>mfw I have pleb friends and was surprised that they were disappointed with th movie too

The movie was really bad. not as in completely shit but its nowhere near as good as everyone makes it out to be.
>>
>>63755910
do you have a webm of the Snoke, Kylo and Hux scene?
>>
>>63756055
>le citizen cain

We're not your Film Appreciation instructor and we wouldn't be impressed if we were.
>>
>>63755910

Is the whole movie call backs to previous versions? Wouldn't Star Wars audiences know most of this shit already?
>>
>>63756096
I'm sorry, so you're saying that the Force Awakens actually has a much lower average rating on IMDB than Citizen Kane? Would you mind explaining how you came to that conclusion?
>>
>>63753724

Because honestly with all the source material they had, they did the ultra safe move. It's the IV, all over again. No surprise, average FX. It's star trek 2009 average

It doesn't feel the scale of star wars it seems a little World you don't care about.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (151 KB, 496x500) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
151 KB, 496x500
>>63756723
I don't like you either,
>>
>>63756723
It's simply a far better film that people are familiar with. You can replace it with any number of far superior films. Sort of like how the Nazis were clearly evil, it's just a convenient example to make the point that The Force Awakens is being held above great art.
>>
>>63753724
The more i think about the movie the more i realize that the only thing i really liked was the fact that this wasn't as bad as the Prequels.

If the Prequels had never existed i don't think this movie would have been as well recieved as it was. There's way too many flaws.

People are more relieved by the fact that TFA didn't suck rather than impressed by its quality.
>>
>>63755749
this desu senpai
couldn't have said it better myself
>>
None of you have seen it yet.
>>
>>63756732
thanks for confirming my post
>>
>>63753724
You realise that a lot of the good reviews are shills right? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing I've seen this kind of thing quite a lot. I've actually caught a few bad shilling attempts in my time, where there was this product and most of the reviewers didn't have an avatar and their reviews were filled with a lot of filler to make them longer. a lot of the comments were like "this product <long url or basic description of the product> is good". Of course this is Disney so they are gonna handle their shilling very professionally to make sure it doesn't backfire.
>>
>>63755749
Go fuck yourself nigger.

A new hope felt like a complete movie. TFA doesn't.
>>
If you are white and support the new garbage propaganda Star Wars you are a bitch boy brainless c.ucked faggot of the highest order.

Fuck you, sellout trash.

If you are white and support the new garbage propaganda Star Wars you are a bitch boy brainless c.ucked faggot of the highest order.

Fuck you, sellout trash.
>>
>>63753724
Because everyone else is a pleb who eats up generic Disney shit.

...And that's fine if that's what you're into, but I'm personally not and its extremely tiring hearing how the only reason I don't care for it is because I'm trying to be contrarian, rather than genuinely not liking that standard appeal to the masses with little substance kind of entertainment.
>>
Also 4chan is the last of the uncucked. Back in the day, the only people that cared about Star Wars were kids and manchildren. Now the ebin geek culture has made nearly everyone a fan.
>>
Action, action, action and autism.
Nice job again, USA.
>>
>>63757036
>black guy loses to white guy
>I-i-it's PROPAGANDA !!!!!!!!!
lmao
>>
>>63753724
I liked it
>>
THIS MOVIE WILL MAKE 3 BILLION
CAMERON FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>63755749
You're an idiot. People aren't complaining that the story was left open-ended. They're complaining about plot holes, plot conveniences, and overall bad writing. The New Hope is in fact a poor example, since that movie did conclude wrapped up with a bow, because they didn't know yet that it was going to be a trilogy. The original trilogy does of course have plot holes and bad writing, and they're no more excusable there than they are in this movie.
>>
>>63755749
/thread
>>
>>63757004
So you have no argument then. Thank you for demonstrating that.
>>
>>63757162
>Muh gender and ethnic equality spoonfed the whole movie
>The new empire are literal Nazis

Gee it sure doesnt have any propaganda at all
>>
>>63757187
George Lucas was planning a trilogy. For the most part he already had it planned out, even the prequels. They just gave the first film some closure because they had no idea if it would be a success or not. I bet he would have done the same thing that was done in this film if he knew it would be successful.
>>
But I did like it, and it seems like most of /tv/ did as well, nitpicking and memes aside.
>>
>>63757325
I only liked the fact this wasn't as bad as the prequel movies.

I suspect a lot of people who liked for that reason too, because if you actually analyze the movie it isn't very good.
>>
>>63757116
no everyone at least enjoyed Star Wars, they just don't like it enough to care that it's a boring rehash. It's like Bond franchise if anything, as long as it hits the right beats that's fine for them.
>>
>>63757187
>>63757292
He planned a trilogy since the begining and had something in mind for the prequels too, but sine every movie studio rejected him and the one that accepted SW gave him a shit budget (which was hardly upgraded mid production) the movie seemed that it would financially flop and no one was going to give more money to George.
>>
>>63757287
>Movie has a female
>And a black guy
>Like the previous SW movies
>Empire is the same as the OT

I swear, this shit is more embarrassing and blown out of proportion than the MRA shit about Mad Max.
>>
>>63757480
That's irrelevant.

A New Hope is a complete movie. TFA is full of sequels hooks and unenxplained stuff that is only going to be explained in the cartoons and comic books.
>>
>>63757568
I wasnt defending TFA, that was more of a "the more you know" fact.

>>63757546
Maybe the cast is arguably (although Finns feels like the black token guy that needs to be in a movie), but the scene where the general is giving a speech before firing the starkiller is way too similar to Hitlers speeches
>>
>>63753999
this board is just as much of a circlejerk cuck fest, its just in the opposite direction of being painfully contrarian and angry instead of squealing fanboys

achieve enlightenment and use the force to find your own path friend
>>
>>63753724
I liked it.

It wasn't amazing, wasted potential and I don't want to watch it again. Cast was good, jokes were good. It's a new hope.
>>
>>63753724
Because although I liked it, It was just a rehash of the original, and I don't condone rehashing movies. I thought this was a sequel, not a remake.
>>
>>63753724
Cause it was worse than Attack of The clones
>>
>>63753724
Because I didnt like it
>>
>>63755749
LMAO
>>
>>63753724
>Everybody
Paid reviewers. Get fucked.
>>
>>63755749
Was boring and empty. remove the X wings, Tie and the Falcon, and you can't tell if its a Star Wars or just another boom piew piew scifi movie with fx. Would have been good in the 90's. Too bad we're in the 2010's.
>>
>>63758279

>it's the current year guys!
>>
File: glib.jpg (3 KB, 160x156) Image search: [Google]
glib.jpg
3 KB, 160x156
>>
>>63755749
>action
>set pieces
Han literally died in a featureless void, where everyone went into a room that you were never given a clear understanding of the dimensions of, which randomly had a bridge, and which everyone but Han and Kylo Ren disappeared in until it was time for them to reappear. Stormtroopers who had wandered into the room and turned invisible literally reappeared just so Chewie, who also dramatically reappeared, could shoot them.
>>
>>63757292
>>63757480
George Lucas didn't plan a trilogy or had any foresight on production. He was given a contract to work with a board team under fox studios until they finally let him go on his own for return of the Jedi and was still under writing watchovers under contract.
>>
>>63758352
That's pretty glib, tbqhwy senpai
>>
does anyone have that jpg that was going around twitter a couple days ago. it's just text, explaining how the plot to this shitfest is exactly the same as a new hope.

it has the basic new hope plot written out, with crossed out words that are replaced with words for force awakens.
>>
File: wewllad.jpg (518 KB, 1242x906) Image search: [Google]
wewllad.jpg
518 KB, 1242x906
>Everybody seems to like TFA
stockholm syndrome, that's what it is. emotional manipulation through hommages and fan service that left me empty in the end. mind you, the first half had so much promise. i elbowed my friends at the sight of the x-wings and got giddy during the chases but in the end i felt cheated. it's just a thin setup for the sequels that holds no weight in story, characterization or dialogues. no audacity whatsoever.
>>
>>63756055
>it's bad because people think it's good
>>
>>63758713
>it's good because people think it's good
>>
>>63753724
Liking things is reddit.
>>
>>63756314
make a thread then you can't complain laziness and not doing anything yourself
>>
The fuck is glib facsimile?
>>
>>63759187
a shallow rehash
>>
>>63753724
Back to reddit
>>
>>63753724

>majority opinion is necessarily correct

literally Reddit
>>
>>63756055
It will go down in time, like every single hyped movie.
>>
Is R2D2 or 3PO in this?
>>
>>63754039
They also adored Phantom Menace and saw it like 3 times on average

let the hype die down and then we'll all agree it was shit m8
>>
>>63760024
Both of them are. They combine Voltron-style with the new droid.
>>
File: 1435777558299.jpg (72 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1435777558299.jpg
72 KB, 853x480
>>63755910
>63755910
WHERE IS THE TORRENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>63760188
>>63760188
>>63760188
>>63760188
this, surely someone must have it
>>
>>63759946
>mayority opinion is necessarily wrong

are you serious?
>>
>>63757036
cuck isn't filtered anymore cuck
>>
>>63759187

an insincere duplicate
>>
/a/ here. It was worse than my weekly moeshit.
I don't watch much movies (or at all, really), but this was extremely disappointing. Besides pretty visuals it was just...bland.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.