[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Spoilers... they weren't all true but most were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: Capture.jpg (70 KB, 1268x853) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
70 KB, 1268x853
Starts with Poe in a village on Jakku acquiring a piece of a map that will lead to Luke Skywalker. The First Order show up and start shooting up the place. Poe and BB8 flee and almost get away. Poe gives the map to BB8 and tells him to run. Finn is part of the Stormtrooper battalion that raided the village, he is visually disturbed by the massacre and refuses to fire his weapon. Poe tries to assassinate Kylo Ren as he executes the village leader but Ren catches the blaster round with the force. Poe is taken to a Star Destroyer and interrogated by Ren, where he uses the Force to finally give up that he hid the plans inside the BB8 unit. Finn helps Poe escape in a TIE fighter but a fight ensues and the ship is damaged and crash lands back on Jakku. Finn ejects and makes his way to the crashed ship but there is no sign of Poe. He sets out to find civilisation.
Rey scavenges inside a crashed Star Destroyer and lives by selling scrap in a small town. She comes across BB8 one night and allows it to stay with her. The next day in town BB8 pulls the attention of multiple people in the small town. Finn reaches the town as some First Order Stormtroopers are tipped off that the droid with Rey is the one they’re searching for. TIE fighters arrive and start shooting up the place, but they escape in the Millennium Falcon, which belonged to the owner of the Scrapyard. Rey and Finn pilot the Falcon through the Jakku desert and a Star Destroyer and are eventually successful and leave the planet.
Finn convinces BB8 to tell him where the Resistance base is but before they can enter hyperspace they are put in a tractor beam by a very large cargo ship. Han and Chewie are in charge of the ship and are transporting large carnivorous squid monsters. The ship is boarded by two different groups of mercenary bounty hunters tracking Solo. Rey releases the squid monsters and they distract the Bounty Hunters long enough for everyone to get on the Falcon and flee.
>>
They arrive at a green planet, Solo offers Rey a job with him smuggling but she says she has to get back to Jakku to wait for her family. Finn is not convinced he wants to actually be part of the resistance and just wants to get far away from everything. They enter a bar where they meet with Maz Kanata. Informants for both the Resistance and the First Order send messages that the droid has arrived there. Rey wanders away a set of stairs into a dungeon sort of area where she is being drawn by cries to a store room. Inside she finds a chest with Lukes Lightsaber. When she touches the Light Saber she gets a vision of Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren slaughtering the entire Jedi Academy that Luke started. Maz says she has waited many years for someone to come and claim the Light Saber and that no one is coming back for her on Jakku. She flees and runs into the forest. Meanwhile Finn tries to organise a transport with some random aliens to get far away.
Cut to a scene of General Hux giving a speech to a field of First Order troops about the end of the New Republic. They fire up the Star killer and send a gigantic beam across space that obliterates multiple planets. Before anything can happen at the bar, the First Order arrive and start blowing the place up. Finn grabs Lukes Lightsaber, a large fight ensues between Han, Chewie, Finn and the Stormtroopers. Kylo Ren pursues Rey into the forest and confronts her. He senses that he no longer needs the BB8 droid because Rey has seen the map and he will be able to interrogate her for it. He incapacitates Rey and takes her captive. The first order start to leave with Lukes Lightsaber but the Resistance shows up and saves the day. They reclaim the Lightsaber and rescue Han, Chewie and Finn but Kylo still gets away with Rey.
Ren and Hux have a meeting with general Snoke, who is a 20 foot tall Prometheus Engineer.
>>

Ren admits that he didn’t bother going for the droid because they have Rey and that he failed to retrieve Lukes Lightsaber. Snoke asks Ren if he still has feeling for his father. Ren also has a monologue in his room over Darth Vaders mask about how Snoke suspects that he can still feel the light inside him. Kylo Ren tries to interrogate Rey but she uses the force to block his mind control. She accuses him of being weak and will never become the next Darth Vader. Later Rey uses jedi mind tricks on the Stormtrooper in her cell to free her.
At the resistance home base Finn, Solo and Chewie are reunited with everyone. Poe survived the crash on Jakku. Finn informs the Resistance that the Star killer has to refuel by consuming a star and it will be weak during that period. Finn, Solo and Chewie set out to the Star Killer in the Falcon and arrive the ground to try and disable the shield. They infiltrate the main base and capture Captain Phasma and use her to disable the shields. The X wings and there is a large dog fight that goes on while the rest of the story happens that you occasionally cut back too. They run into Rey in the base and they set out to leave but in the distance Han sees Kylo Ren. He pursues him and confronts him. Ren accuses Han of being weak and that to believe in the Supreme Leader. Han pleads that there is still good in him, to take off the mask and come home. Rey beings to cry but ignites his light saber and stabs Han. Finn and Rey escape from the base but become separated by Chewie. Ren pursues Finn and Rey. Finn and Ren fight, Ren easily defeats Finn with a slash to the back incapacitating him. Rey appears and claims Lukes Lightsaber before Ren can pick it up. They have a much extended battle
>>
While this happening Poe and the rest of X-wings find some success and manage to destroy the generator in the main base of the Star Killer. The entire planet starts to collapse. Ren and Rey fight but the injured and exhausted Ren is defeated but the ground collapses between Ren and Rey before Rey can finish him. Chewie rescues the unconscious Finn and Rey. Snoke informs Hux to retrieve Ren and to flee the Starkiller and come to him in person so that Ren can finish his training.
At the resistance base celebrations are had but Finn is still in critical condition and Han Solo is dead. Sensing that Rey, the successor of Luke has arrived, R2D2 finally awakens from his slumber and reveals that he has had the rest of the map tracing Luke. BB8 and R2D2 connect their maps allowing Rey to find Luke. Rey arrives at the planets, climbs about 6 million steps and finds a wise looking Luke staring over the ocean. Rey holds out the Light Saber. End.
>>
the only thing I dont like is rey being able to fight Ren 1v1 with no training. rest sounds bretty cool
>>
>>63711806
Literally a copy paste of A New Hope. Bravo JJ
>>
Who the hell is Snoke? This doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>63712068
Rey is obviously much stronger with the force It is not shown that she is Lukes daughter but it's pretty fucking implied . Ren is also injured after being shot by Chewie after he kills Han, lightly injured in the fight with Finn and in an emotional mess after killing his father when there is obviously some good still left in him

>>63712166
Not explained. He is not present on the Star Killer, he appears through a gigantic hologram and instructs Hux and Ren. We will see him in person next movie.
>>
>>63712219
neat. thanks for explaining
>>
>>63712068
Taken from another anon in another thread. Thought this was plausible.
>I assume that in the next movie they will actually reveal that Rey was at Luke's Jedi Temple when the Knights of Ren attacked and she was the only person Luke was able to save. He probably wiped her memory of being in the Jedi Order and implanted memories of a fake life growing up Jakku in order to protect her. Chances are she wasn't on Jakku as long as she thought. Her ability in combat might be reflex or instinct because Luke wasn't able to remove that
>>
>>63711806
does hansolo get killed in the movie? Can anyone confirm this? My friend just told me this and I may have to kill him.
>>
>>63712068
Rey already has experience with fighting, as proven by the scene where she fucks up 2 alien dudes who try to steal BB8.

Also, it's pretty obvious Kylo Ren is very inexperienced and can't keep his emotions under control.
>>
Yes by his son kylo ren
>>
>>63712292
Yes, Ren kills him after confronting him about what he's become. It is very distressing for Ren and he is torn between returning with his father and following the path he's on, nevertheless he impales him with his lightsaber and Han dies in Rens arms
>>
>>63712369
alright. I literally have no idea why my friend would send me that facebook message. What a piece of shit. He spoiled it.
>>
>>63712292
You know the answer, deep in your heart.
>>
And now there are blatant spoilers in this thread that I forgot to sensor. fuck.fuck.fuck.fuck.fuck.spoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilers
>>
>>63712166
Jar Jar Binks
>>
>>63712331
>Also, it's pretty obvious Kylo Ren is very inexperienced and can't keep his emotions under control.

This

He is very taken back when Rey blocks his mind control and on two separate occasions he has tantrums and slices up the room with his light saber when something goes wrong
>>
eh doesnt sound too bad
>>
>>63712469
Holy shit Kylo is such an edgelord
>>
>>63712528
It's called being conflicted. Do you only think in memes?
>>
Jacen solo > Ben Solo
>>
>>63712272
This is what I'm hoping for, it's the thing that decides whether this movie is shit or good for me
>>
>>63712395

BAWWWW!!!
>>
>>63712553
>being conflicted means acting like a petulant child with ADHD when you dont get what you want
>>
>>63712553
no I think in plausible human psychological terms

generally once someone has accepted destroying solar systems and killed their father their conflictedness becomes a bit less plausible.
>>
>Ren can't defeat a girl because MUH EMOTIONS

Shouldn't a Sith benefit from letting his emotions flow freely? They literally draw more power from their emotions. He should be at his STRONGEST after killing his father.

Bullshit argument, he should easily defeat her in battle, sorry your little movie doesn't make sense
>>
>>63711806
This is JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63712331
>Kylo Ren is very inexperienced

yet he can block blaster fire, force interrogate people, etc etc? fuck off
>>
>>63713246
His emotions were all messed up after it.
>>
>>63712292
>does hansolo get killed in the movie?

Search your feelings, anon, you KNOW it to be true!
>>
File: 1449880178472.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449880178472.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>63713281
You almost got me until SAO
>>
The story doesn't sound so bad, in that the beginning of the new trilogy was likely to just be the franchise going through the motions. It's the next one that should hopefully be more interesting.

How was the acting? A few days ago people were speculating that Daisy Ridley was catastrophically bad. Did Harrison Ford mumble through his scenes or did he appear to actually care?
>>
>>63713587
Acting was very good

Ford did not mumble and was good
Ridley was "okay". Nothing stand out bad but wasn't amazing
Boyega was legitimately very good
Driver was very good as Ren

Fisher was a bit shit
>>
>>63712395

Boo hoo, go suck a dick faggot.
>>
Sounds okay. A little too much like A New Hope. Especially with the new Death Star. Very safe and formulaic. Par for the course for JJ Abrams.
>>
>>63713246
Are you retarded? Kylo is NOT a Sith

Sith are dead, Jim. They are not the only adherents of the dark side
>>
>>63713246
dark side user =/= Sith
>>
>>63712331
Losing control of his emotions is the only reason Luke beat Vader so that gives Kylo even more of an edge
>>
>>63711826
across fucking planets? how retarded is this superweapon. It would take years for it travel to another solar system LET ALONE A FUCKING GALAXY JJ YOU FUCKING HACK
>>
I don`t understand why people complain about Rey managing to stand her ground against Kylo.

He was injured, exhausted and completely out of it by the time he had to face her.
>>
>>63713829
>>63713871
sorry, didn't know he's not a sith.

my point remains uncontested- dark side users draw their power from their emotions. he is apparently full of emotion after killing his father. he should be able to use this emotion to overpower another fighter.
>>
Here is instagram video of Rey igniting the lightsaber.

Ignore the Russian crawl and music.
>>
>>63713983
It might have been NOT just anger - Sith draw their power fron dark side spectrum of emotional range, I guess.

He is conflicted.
>>
>>63713246
Yeah I found it pretty stupid that he was able to stop a blaster shot mid-air in the intro sequence yet the final fight just picture him as a weak turd.
>>
>>63714064
Don't worry we'll all get to ignore the whole video

good post
>>
>>63714064
https://www.instagram.com/p/_XTBOrIIAg/
>>
One thing I will say is that the Light Saber fights are very good. They have the emotional and power behind them of the original but with modern CGI and practical effects budgets. None of the floaty CGI prequel shit with backflips. The Ren v Finn and Ren v Rey fights are very good Ren even uses the cross guard to burn Finns chest when Finn blocks him and they lock blades

>>63713973
Come on senpai they have faster than light speed travel why can't they cannons that fire faster than light. If that's what you're complaining about you're nit picking. They even mention that the beam they fired was FTL so it won't tirgger your autism too much
>>
>>63712068
the plot sounds fine on paper but the movie itself is just so bland and unengaging

boring wayy too generic dialogue, boring action sequences that don't grip you at all.. etc.
>>
>>63713246
How the fuck could they let Kylo kill Rey in the first movie?

She is the main character retard. She is extremely powerful with the force and is already a strong fighter to Begin with. Unlike Luke the farmer
>>
File: SJW Wars.jpg (50 KB, 521x520) Image search: [Google]
SJW Wars.jpg
50 KB, 521x520
>>63711806
>>
>>63713587
A New Hope worked well as an individual movie though
>>
>>63714106
Chewie shot him pretty good though.
>>
>>63714162
>boring action sequences that don't grip you at all.. etc.

>I have shit taste and want to appear cool to all my friends on /tv/

The action was very well handled
>>
>>63714163
Well Ren was defeated yet he's not dead, see? A character can be defeated without being killed, it's magic.
>>
>>63714145
what is wrong with his face?
>>
>>63714231
yeah nah i went to see it with 2 friends and all of us were quite disappointed afterwards

like i can't even recall anything about the ending space battle now about ~8 hours from seeing the movie
>>
>>63711806
She comes across BB8 one night and allows it to stay with her. The next day in town BB8 pulls the attention of multiple people in the small town. Finn reaches the town as some First Order Stormtroopers are tipped off that the droid with Rey is the one they’re searching for. TIE fighters arrive and start shooting up the place, but they escape in the Millennium Falcon, which belonged to the owner of the Scrapyard.
The number of coincidences in this paragraph alone... jesus. Rey, Finn, BB-8 and the Millenium Falcon all happen to be in the same place for no reason.
>>
File: 12342312452.jpg (99 KB, 800x1045) Image search: [Google]
12342312452.jpg
99 KB, 800x1045
>>63714290
Driver being Driver.
>>
>>63714163
hmm, how about better writing to avoid a situation/scene that is extremely implausible and stupid?
Vader and Luke didnt have a true showdown in the first movie. why even have a fight between these characters in the film??
>>
>>63714339
>Rey, Finn, BB-8 and the Millenium Falcon all happen to be in the same place for no reason.
Welcome to the fantastic world of movies
>>
>>63713974
Rey hadn't even used a lightsaber before and only really experienced the force when touching the lightsaber for the first time at Maz's. So after that she uses jedi mind tricks and can overpower Kylo's interrogation. Now on top of that she suddenly beats Kylo, who is powerful enough to freeze a laser mid-air, in a lightsaber duel because she has a moment where she opens herself to the force. So she finally believes in herself or something and now she's instantly OP as shit. This gives me a reason to complain to be honest with you family.
>>
>>63714152
I'm sorry senpai but it's just too much for me, christ at least the Death Star shimmied right up to Alderaan when it blasted those cunts
>>
>>63714378
because it's gotta have a light sabre fight scene to appease the SW autist fanboys

the movie in general was just a collection of different sorts of fan service and quips referencing the original trilogy so that some SW autist watching it can go "ha! i see what you did there! xD"
>>
>>63714347
he looks like voldemort in that scene
>>
>>63714231
>taste
sorry but this movie is already regarded as worse than Fury Road on RT. I'm going to have to assume that the action is at least as incoherent and monotonous as in that movie.
>>
Wait does Finn die? There seems to be no mention of him after Kylo fucks up his shit.
>>
>>63711806
>>63711826
>>63711855
>>63711895
this is basically a parody however is filled with crazy ass CGI so people end eating that shit right away
>>
>>63714496
Not dead but seems to be in a coma
>>
>>63714445
But it`s heavily implied that she had certain background. Wont be surprised if she was there when Kylo turned and slaughtered the new Jedi Temple.

After all, he says - '' Is it true, you`re just a scavanger?''
>>
>>63714496
He's in a coma or some shit who cares really

He's not dead
>>
>>63714496
Apparently he's left behind in a hospital while Rey goes off to find Luke with BB8 and Chewie.
>>
>>63712986

He kills his father in order to appease his religion and become the second most influential person in the entire galaxy, it's not like he's doing it cause of some teenage crysis.
>>
>>63714415
well-written movies don't normally go quite that far.

A New Hope had C3PO and R2 get bought by Luke, but that was really it. This is just contrived.
>>
>>63714531
We also fucking see in the flashback her being abandoned to Jakku when she is still a little girl

She was not a trained jedi
>>
>>63712272
>Chances are she wasn't on Jakku as long as she thought

the lightsaber gives her a Force vision of herself as a child abandoned on Jakku, tho
>>
>>63714339
The ways of the force!
>>
Italianfag here. Just saw it. Only thing that I didn't like is too fucking many references to a new hope and the lack of good space battles. Pretty good but worse than everything in the OT. Good potential for the whole trilogy
>>
>>63714563
my point was more that if the *audience* was supposed to accept him being conflicted as part of his character, then him doing so much fucked up shit will rather limit the likelihood of him being "redeemed" further down the line, unless they're going to directly copy the OT again and have him die immediately after doing something mildly noble.
>>
>>63711806
PS. Do not leave the cinema during the credits! There is a small scene at the end BB8 dancing with C3P0 and R2D2 while Chewie is mounting up a disco ball in the Falcon
>>
Do they explain why Kylo's lightsaber is unstable?
>>
>>63714531
She was left on Jakku when she was like 4 years old according the the flash back. Sure she was trained with the staff or something but I'm annoyed that she is instantly much stronger than Kylo who's already meant to be really fucking powerful.
>>
>>63711806
So... It's just ANH all over again?

It sounds like they basically reset the status quo all the way back to before the first movie, and nothing that happened in the OT even really mattered.
>>
>>63714590
>>63714531
we could theorize that Disney originally intended the final scene to have some explanation from Luke, but were forced to cut it because the information they gave actually made the ending worse, not better.

Like maybe Luke revealed he was Rey's father and it was a homage too far.
>>
>>63714677
No it is never bought up
>>
>>63714677
the book shows that the crystal is broken/damaged
>>
>>63712369
So, WC3 TfT then? Ren is literally Arthas?
Also, I don't know why anyone was worried about political undertones. Finn is a fucking joke who get's his shit slapped by the White Man, while the best scene in the whole movie is Der Huxher giving his Lebensraum speech to First Order guys. Made me all pumped, wanted to Seig Heil. If Jew Jew really was out to make whites evil, he did a piss poor job.
>>
>>63714738
are the fights good at least?
>>
>>63714339
It was the will of the force.
>>
>>63714163
If he was supposed to be conflicted, he should have just beaten her but then hesitated to kill an unconscious opponent.
>>
>>63714753
it's poetry cuz Kylo is also damaged (his soul and personality)
>>
>>63714716
don't forget that the new Death Star is now destroyed again, so there is actually no really obvious direction for the story to go at all.

but that won't matter because Disney are obviously just planning to proceed by pulling things out of their ass. sad, really, I hope it doesn't make as much money as they were assuming it would.
>>
Is there any nudity?
>>
>>63714339
It's "We'll try one of the smaller dealers" all over again.
Force nigga Sheevnoke was behind it all.
>>
>>63714815
MOMS GONNA FREAK
>>
>>63714821
yeah ray flashes tits for finn in a silly moment when they are running around the falcon excited like lil kids
>>
>>63714792
ehh they are closer to the OT so not really any crazy acrobatics or anything but they are kind of lame because it's not a trained jedi vs a sith but instead two guys who neither have any light sabre training versus a sith who is heavily wounded and fighting below his level due to that
>>
File: 1450289536122.jpg (140 KB, 685x642) Image search: [Google]
1450289536122.jpg
140 KB, 685x642
>>63711806
like a bitch
>>
>>63714596
Hmm didn't know that. Is there another way to explain her proficiency?
>>
>>63714866
oh, so Kylo is wounded at the start of the fight, it isn't just Finn and Rey's inexplicable light saber mastery?
>>
>>63711826
>a 20 foot tall Prometheus Engineer.

I thought he was going to be a small fucker.
>>
>>63714792
Yes, there are three light saber fights and they are all good

1. Finn fighting the Storm Trooper with the anti-Saber baton. Gets his shit pushed in
2. Finn fighting Ren. Finn puts up a good fight for someone who isn't force sensitive but Ren is at least trained with a Light Sabr.
3. Rey fighting Ren after he defeats Finn. Very good fight because Rey is an untrained amateur and Ren is pretty injured and currently an emotional trainwreck
>>
>>63714879
I swear to God, Luke must have originally had dialogue in the final scene. That is the only way the lack of explanation makes sense. They were literally planning an exposition dump at the end of a STAR WARS FILM but discovered that oh wait, you can't do that, so 30 seconds of Luke is all we got.
>>
File: 1450143210887.jpg (107 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1450143210887.jpg
107 KB, 720x960
>>63714677
not in the movie, but here. the crystal is cracked which causes 3 blades and makes it unstable.
>>
>>63712272
I reckon her mother takes her to jakku, to escape from Luke who was actually kylo during that rain scene. Snoke was one of the Jedi he was training left for dead after Luke wrecked him with his saber. Snoke escaped with kylo and Luke's wife whoever that is escaped to jakku.
>>
File: 1415324772221.png (152 KB, 583x464) Image search: [Google]
1415324772221.png
152 KB, 583x464
>>63711826
>>63711855
>>63711895
>>63711806
>>63712219

Wow, this actually doesn't sound too bad. The question is, how well is it executed? Too much fanservice? Pointless action?
>>
>>63714915
yeah chewie wounds kylo with that iconic crossbow blaster, that happens right after >>63714867

then rey and finn escape and kylo chases after them while bleeding heavily, then the sabre fight commences
>>
I wonder if the star maps were a Kotor reference
>>
After seeing all this

I want the story George told them that they threw away
>>
>>63714977
>great purge of malachor

KOTOR II canon?
>>
>>63715000
I liked it a lot. There is fan-service, but it's not a non-stop barrage of references or anything.
>>
>>63715000
it's executed quite badly. the story in the OP actually does have several serious flaws and generally doesn't flow logically very well, which hurts the film when you watch it because everything starts to feel arbitrary.

if all you want is Star Wars scenes you'll be content, but that's basically the same as admitting you just wanted to fill up some time.
>>
This sounds terrible. Maybe there are a lot of lighthearted and funny moments that the spoilers dont convey but this just sounds like a bummer. Star Wars is suppose to be fun. Even the dark parts like Empire Strikes Back was still fun.
>>
This is literally a New Hope.
>>
>>63714945
It's a hologram, just like in episode 4 when vader talks to palpatines hologram. He's probably about the same size as a human.
>>
File: 1450254429241.jpg (252 KB, 1832x1384) Image search: [Google]
1450254429241.jpg
252 KB, 1832x1384
>>63715006
How pissed was Chewie?
>>
>>63715000
I read the plot synopsis before seeing the movie and I also thought the plot sounded decent

Then I went to see it and it was just so underwhelming and bland

I remember a few people audibly groaned when they revealed that Kylo is Han's and Leia's son
>>
>>63712395
Hahaha haha. Jake hahhaaha
>>
File: Hol up yo.jpg (8 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
Hol up yo.jpg
8 KB, 196x257
Hol' up, hol' up, yo!

Lemme get this straight....

ANH: Rebel hides plans in droid.
TFA: Rebel hides plans in droid.

ANH: Empire searches for droids.
TFA: "New order" searches for droids.

ANH: Bad guy in black uses the force while working for an even badder guy.
TFA: Bad guy in black is an emo fag and uses the force while working for an even badder guy.

ANH: Introduces main characters on a desert planet.
TFA: Introduces main characters on a desert planet.

ANH: Bad guys have a superweapon that can destroy planets.
TFA: Bad guys have a superweapon that can destroy planets.

ANH: Main character gets killed by bad guy in black.
TFA: Main character gets killed by faggy emo bad guy in black.

ANH: Bad guy in black gets fucked up in the end but survives.
TFA: Faggy emo guy in black gets fucked up in the end but survives.

What a fucking hack JJ is!
>>
>>63714915
Yup, Chewie shoots him in the side with the bowcaster.
>>
>>63714991
>>63712272
the memory-wiping is more interesting than more fucking family drama (which is what I suspect really happened).

unfortunately whatever else happened they've basically left us with "Luke fucked everything up and then ran off and hid like a pussy".
>>
>>63715080
There are lighthearted line moments, the flash by pretty quick thou.
>>
>>63715034
No, it's just JJ is supposedly a KOTOR fanboy and just had to include something about it in there
>>
>>63715080

Trust me, you're going to have a lot of fun. It's not as bleak as it looks.
>>
I hear there's also another cantina music scene. Is this true?
>>
>mfw mousing over these spoilers

why is it so fucking complicated?
>>
>>63715000
It was pretty well executed, fanservice was ok and some of the action was pointless but not too much.

It seemed like the whole point of the movie was to build up hype for the sequel though, it has to be this trilogy's Empire Strikes Back or shit will go down in flames.
>>
>>63714879
My theory is that Rey is indeed related to Luke or Leia. At the end of the movie, when Rey meets Leia for the first time, the two embrace in a strange, familiar way. Also Han and Leia Love Theme by Williams plays at the exact same moment. It's kind of odd, don't you think ? Maybe Leia decided to leave Rey on Jakku to protect her after her brother (Kylo Ren) went rogue.
>>
File: 1449751296926.png (64 KB, 605x310) Image search: [Google]
1449751296926.png
64 KB, 605x310
>>63715115
Nothing wrong with a little poetry
>>
>>63715164
Who's the next director?
>>
>>63713281
Didn't read because anime is for manchildren, womanchildren, faggots, and degenerates.
>Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
Seriously the gayest thing I've read all year. Also, reddit formatting so you know, go back to reddit.
>>
>>63715153
Yes.
>>
can somebody literally explain the plot please? in simple enliglish none of this mumbo-jumbo. I seen the film life and understood nothing. just pew pew lasers and space ships.
>>
>>63714879
>Hmm didn't know that. Is there another way to explain her proficiency?

It's the force. You don't gotta explain shit!

Can't wait for all the people that call Avatar a shitty copy of Pocahontas to consider this great when it's just a shitty copy of A New Hope.
>>
>>63715115
Funny meme, my friend. Let's go bowling later.
>>
File: 1446405102861.jpg (40 KB, 279x292) Image search: [Google]
1446405102861.jpg
40 KB, 279x292
>>63713281
Jesus I'm a weeb faggot and even this is too much
>>
>>63715153
The Maz Kanata bar scene is what they're referring too. You get some Cantina vibes as they do the several shots of all the different aliens around but It's a different tone to the A New Hope Catina, this bar is not full of criminals and scum, just regular people/aliens. The music is also different.
>>
>>63713890
But that was after receiving training from the two most powerful jedi besides Vader. Losing control of his emotions didn't impair him, it made him stop holding back. It only benefited him because of his experience and skills, which Kylo lacks (according to anon you replied to), if you don't have that losing control just makes you act stupidly and put yourself in a vulnerable position
>>
>>63715193
justin lee
>>
I just want to see Slave Rey in a metal bikini. But it can never happen.

Thanks Feminism.
>>
>>63715193
Rian Johnson - both writing and directing it.

And then just writing IX.
>>
>>63715262
sorry I ment Lin of course
>>
>>63715099
>Kylo is Han's and Leia's son
Yeah, I'm not too happy about this. I thought they wouldn't go the obvious route with that to surprise fans, but maybe they'll do something interesting with it in the later films.
>>
File: 1449959556815.jpg (301 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1449959556815.jpg
301 KB, 699x1211
>>63715115
yeah we've been there
>>
Does Luke show his face in any flashback scenes?

Are Prequel trilogy events/characters referenced even slightly?

Is Darth Vader's name mentioned?
>>
File: ..gif (2 MB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
..gif
2 MB, 270x270
>another death star superweapon
>>
>>63715251
New music, is it Evar Orbus and His Galactic Jizz-Wailers?
>>
>>63715010
It probably follows along the same lines except Kylo wouldn't be a twisted fucking psychopath and Rey wouldn't be Mary Sue.

>>63715099
Same here. Been following the leaks this whole time, I was very optimistic this whole time and I was even a little teary eyed when the credits came up.

It's very poorly executed and I think it just comes down to JJ. His style clashes so hard with what Star Wars should feel like.

The way Snoke says "Han Solo, your father" is literally prequel tier dialogue. The whole movie suffers from a lot of terrible dialogue with too many jokey jokes.
>>
>>63713281
You are a giant faggot. Holy shit, man. Get your life together.
>>
File: 1446304013815.jpg (12 KB, 296x296) Image search: [Google]
1446304013815.jpg
12 KB, 296x296
>>63713281
>Sword Art Online
>>
>>63713281
can i save this rare past senpai?
>>
>>63715295
>maybe they'll do something interesting with it in the later films.

maybe the large man I'm sharing a cell with will do something interesting to me with his dick over later nights.
>>
>>63715276
MUH DIIIIUK!!!!!
>>
>>63711806
At least the new movie isn't canon.
>>
Rey sounds like a big fucking Mary Sue
>>
Is it clear that Finn and Rey will be love interests?
>>
>>63715307
>Does Luke show his face in any flashback scenes?
No. The scenes you've seen in the trailer of Luke touching R2D2 is all you see of Luke in the flash back.
>Are Prequel trilogy events/characters referenced even slightly?
Nope
>Is Darth Vader's name mentioned?
Ren calls him Grandfather while monologue over his helmet and Rey says that Ren is weak and will never be the next Darth Vader when he's interrogating her
>>
>>63715324
>It probably follows along the same lines

Lucas specificially wasn't going to repeat the Death Star shit. you clearly have no fucking idea about the background of any of these films. get out normie, reeeeee etc
>>
>>63715307
No they just keep calling him O.G. Mudbone for some reason.
>>
>>63715307
No flashback scenes but Luke does show his face in the end

There's an alien who says she/he/it remembers the wars concerning the Sith and the Empire so it's a slight reference to the prequels, don't recall anything else. (I think this isn't really a spoiler so no tag.)

Vader's name is mentioned.
>>
>>63715307
It is mentioned Snoke wants to replace Hux's soldiers with a clone army and Maz mention the sith
>>
>>63715096
extremely.
>>
>>63715433
Why do you care?
>>
>>63715433
Unless they do recreate 4 5 6 then they should turn out to be related.
>>
File: 1450236503642.jpg (89 KB, 433x404) Image search: [Google]
1450236503642.jpg
89 KB, 433x404
>>63714205
is this a meme now
>>
>>63715307
Luke shows no face in flashback

I remember one throwaway line about clones, that's about it

Darth Vader is referenced twice

1. Kylo saying "Show me the dark side, grandfather" to Darth Vaders burnt mask

2. Rey to Kylo "You'll never be as strong as Darth Vader"

It's shite.

>>63715448
Whoops sorry. I meant following the next generation of Skywalkers with one of them flirting with the dark side. I didn't mean DeathStar3 since George's poetry is more subtle than that.

>>63715433
Finn is gay for Poe
>>
The audio in the trailers is completely different to the movie

You notice they do that some times but It's done so much, so many of the lines in the trailers do not correspond with the scene being shown

The line "The stories... They true, all of them" is completely different and spliced from 3 different lines.
>>
>>63714105
That's wrong, passion and love also drive the Sith. The Jedi have no emotion which is why they can't love. The Jedi are okay with dying and losing loved ones because Force ghost heaven, while Sith cling desperately onto their physical body.
>>
Can someone post the soundtrack link
>>
>>63715433
Finn is pretty much like Luke in the New Hope except he's not a jedi
Rey is pretty much like Leia in the New Hope except she's a jedi
Their relationship is pretty much like Luke and Leia's in the New Hope
>>
The obsession with death star style superweapons was always something that I had taken to be a Palpatine speciality. In particular the second death star was his reaction to the destruction of the first: "we'll make an even better and bigger one to show these rebels how insignificant they are to the empire." They were never really practical, just a symbol of fear. You would think after seeing two of them crushed the new guys in charge might think of a better strategy. Especially if they are supposedly the remnants of an empire struggling to return to power.
>>
File: 1448297432520.jpg (279 KB, 764x1294) Image search: [Google]
1448297432520.jpg
279 KB, 764x1294
Is Sheev mentioned?
>>
>>63715588
newalbumreleases dot net
>>
>>63715570
>The Jedi are okay with dying and losing loved ones because Force ghost heaven
>because Force ghost heaven

Nah, that's not really it. It's more of a daoistic "we are all part of a greater whole" approach. Jedi as a rule don't believe in an afterlife.
>>
>>63715631
Maybe Snoke wants to Finish What He Started
>>
>>63715617
Not really

Rey wants to get off Jakku and is force sensitive just like Luke, but Poe is the Ace Pilot and the resistance member.

If Finn is anything he's Han Solo.
>>
>>63715631
This is why thrawn was such a good villian for the EU stories. He was ruthlessly pragmatic and thats the only thing that could return the empire to power.
>>
Just saw the movie. Oh god, there are going to be millions of wet panties for Kylo.
>>
>No Admiral Thrawn
>No Kyle Katarn
>No Jedi Academy
>No Ben Skywalker
>No Anakin Solo
>>
File: Kreia.jpg (37 KB, 310x482) Image search: [Google]
Kreia.jpg
37 KB, 310x482
>>63715730
>tfw no Kreia to wipe away the Force.
>>
>>63715724
Absolutely, he'll be the new Beberick Cucumberpatch.
>>
>>63715663
>Jedi as a rule don't believe in an afterlife.
Even when they're fucking ghosts?
>>
I liked kylo ren. he is the anakin from the prequels we never got

the next movie if done correctly will surpass empire strikes back
>>
File: sana-solo.jpg (294 KB, 900x1391) Image search: [Google]
sana-solo.jpg
294 KB, 900x1391
Any references to Han Solo's secret black wife or are they saving that for the sequels?
>>
File: Kyle_Katarn.jpg (592 KB, 1232x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kyle_Katarn.jpg
592 KB, 1232x1200
>>63715730
All I could think about during the film was how much I wanted to see a Kyle Katarn/Luke Jedi Academy film instead.
>>
>>63714734
That's a terrible explanation that cheapens the characters and the plot.
>>
>>63713281
every single thread until we like it huh
kill yourself
>>
>>63715445
Cheeky little cunt, how can she even know how strong is Kylo?
>>
>>63715785
Nothing.
>>
>>63715801
>mfw
>>
>>63715801
That would certainly have been better but at least this one was still better than any of the prequels
>>
>>63715099
>Han's and Leia's son
>implying han wasnt cucked by lando
>>
>The Force Awakens, or How I Stopped Watching and Learned to Love the Originality in Episodes I-III
>>
>>63715785
Didn't it turn out to be a fake wedding as part of a heist or something?
>>
File: 1446407445295.png (2 MB, 672x1864) Image search: [Google]
1446407445295.png
2 MB, 672x1864
>>63715801
He's still canon in my heart
>>
>>63715767
You only get to be a ghost if you put the time and effort into training to do so. And being a ghost isn't the same as running around in some kind of heaven with your bros. Jedi don't get some kind of satisfaction from it, it's not like "Oh I don't wanna die but I know if I'm good I get to be a ghost and still retain my identity!" They just acknowledge that death is a natural part of life and accept death as becoming one with the greater Force.

Also notice how the ghosts only appear at certain times. They're basically holding a piece of their identity back from oblivion because they still have work to do.
>>
Here's the thing, movies like There Will Be Blood, which is practically a perfect 10/10 movie that will be studied for years to come aren't exciting. To someone who doesn't care about movies, they don't care about cinematography and all that jazz. When I want to see a great movie, I watch it by myself in my house so I can digest it at my speed. When I want to see a big action movie, I want to see it on the big screen with a group of my friends. That's all there is to it, the majority of movie goers don't care who the director, writer, cinematographer, are. For more serious people about film, then of course they care. But that's the minority

All art is like this, people who aren't interested in the fine details won't pay to see it. I'm going Day 1 to Star Wars because it was a huge part of my childhood and it's going to be a good film from a great action director with actors who have already proven themselves. Also: it's Star Wars. Light sabers alone are worth the price of admission, there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>63715836
>how can she even know how strong is Kylo?
Because she can sense him trying to use the force to read her mind and she prevents him from doing it without even really knowing what she's doing

That's the first time she resales she's force sensitive. She can't control it though, It takes her 3 attempts of commanding the Storm Trooper to set her free before It actually works. Dare I say It's somewhat humorous.
>>
>>63715801
A jedi that successfully wields both dark and light sides of the force in moderation was at least an interesting idea to explore. Tbh actually think that would have been a perfect direction to take for the finale.
>>
>>63715730
>wanting Ben "Super Saiyan 5" Skywalker
>HEY DAD LOOK I CAN USE FORCE LIGHTNING AND BE A GOODY TWO SHOES LIGHT SIDE SHITTER
>>
>>63715872
>better than any of the prequels
That's a shitty metric. And over time you'll find it to be less true.
>>
>>63715769
>kylo ren. he is the anakin from the prequels we never got

This. So much this.
>>
>>63711855
The next movie, or some kind of in-between material needs to imply she's had some Jedi training before TFA.

At least it'd explain why she's looking for Luke. And why she can actually fight.
>>
>>63715801
>>63715905
Kyle is a bigger Mary Sue than Rey

>hurr durr I'm Han Solo but I'm also a Jedi and I don't have to listen to Luke and I can use the dark side but only turn by choice because I'm such a badass
>>
>>63715929
Vader never got that training and he was a ghost because he was "saved"

And they cut that scene in the prequels where qui gon is telling yoda he's going to train him to be a ghost.
>>
>>63715929
Bro, I'm gonna need some citations.
>>
>>63715872
Eeeh, I'm not entirely sure. Ep VII had better acting and directing overall, but I'm one of those idiots who think Episide I-III has better story than the OT.

>>63715944
Kylo Ren sort of does that, except he's clearly just the dark side.

I was really, really hoping for the scene where Han was struck down that instead Kylo would come home with him and the rest of the films would be about his struggles between the dark and light sides.
>>
>>63715769
please prebook your ticket now, Disney need help hyping these movies.
>>
>>63711895

I only watch this turd for the final shot of Luke.
>>
>>63715944
So basically a normal mentally sane person with force powers? Perish the thought.
>>
What the fuck is this nigger shit? I came here to read spoilers and everything is blacked out. What the fuck
>>
>>63715982
They cut the scene cause they couldn't get Neeson for the lines. But Yoda still tells Obi-Wan about it in the movie.

>>63715983
Episode 3 and Clone Wars. Canon as you get.
>>
>>63715972
He's more neutral. Luke himself uses the dark side to defeat vader in the climactic fight of return of the jedi but still ultimately rejects the dark side.
>>
>>63715634
Nope :( I almost hoped they would have a hologram or recording of him. I want more Ian McDiarmid!
>>
>>63715955
He's the Hayden emo we're getting again.
>>
>>63715164
That's a pretty brilliant move by Disney, JJ can't deliver anything for shit, all he has ever, EVER done well was build up hype.

What I'm putting together from all this is this film is basically a feature-length trailer.
>>
>>63716027
>Episode 3 and Clone Wars
Neither of those is real canon.
>>
>>63716070
Epic, simply epic. The whole discussion is moot then because it was about Jedi and Sith and Sith presumably aren't real canon either by your metrics.
>>
>>63714489
>worse than Fury Road
Fury Road is the greatest big budget action film of at least the past decade.
>>
>>63711806
I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing it now. Sounds fun, even if it is just setting the stage for the other movies.
>>
File: 1446889153665.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446889153665.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
>>63716043
>emoticons
>>
>>63716060
The movie wasn't super great but it really did make me want to see more so I guess it succeeded in what it was trying to do. And made sure that the next movie will be a financial success.
>>
sounds like non stop fighting which equals shit movie
>>
>>63715034
>>63715138
It's written by the guy who takes care of canon, pablo somethingdalgo. He's the one who is putting these easter eggs in the book, and it's a reference to the Clone Wars cartoon where malachor the planet was mentioned.

JJ has likely never heard of KotoR
>>
>>63716112
nah your a dumbass lmao
>>
This is more canonical than TFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmD-HlPAVTw
>>
vid dot me slash Yy7e

SNOKE SNOKE
>>
File: thats_bait.webm (358 KB, 1912x792) Image search: [Google]
thats_bait.webm
358 KB, 1912x792
>>63716194
>>
How many/ what planets does the new death star kill?
>>
>>63716190
>JJ has likely never heard of KotoR
Then why were the dark side guys collecting Star Maps like in KotOR 1?
>>
>>63716281
Five, I think. In one shot. It destroys an entire system.
>>
>>63716281

It fires a big blast that splinters into multiple smaller blasts and each miniblast kills one planet
>>
>>63716294
Which system?
>>
>>63716320
I don't remember what it was called, nothing noteworthy.
>>
>>63714771
The interracial romance is still a pretty major point though.
>>
>>63716362
>>63716320
Mon Mothma's home system. And the home of the new republic.
>>
Who's the love interest? Are the nig and the girl lovers?
>>
>>63716362
They should have gone balls out and blown up the Corellian system
>>
>>63716402
>>63716362
>>63716320
Oh, and also the republic and the resistance is not the same thing.
>>
The real question is: is it better than the prequels?
>>
>>63716443
Everybody would be shitting on it very hard if it wasn't
>>
>>63716417
They seem to like each other, hug at least once and near the end Rey kisses the unconscious Finn on his forehead and calls him his friend. No interracial sex... yet
>>
>>63716443
It is. I think it's better then RotJ as well. But A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back is still the best.
>>
>>63711806
does the movie explain why kylo ren hates han so much and joins the bad guys? because i seriously don't understand why the kid of a well known hero would go bad suddenly
>>
>>63716495
Snoke seduced him by showing him the power of the dark side, calling his father Solo weak in comparison
>>
>>63716495
No it don't. But he talks to Vader's burned mask and says he want Vader to show him more about the strength of the dark side. So he probably had some kind of revelation that made him seek out Snoke and become evil.
>>
>>63716495
same reason kids of wealthy, successful parents like Elliot Rodgers turn into sociopaths
>>
>>63716484
Thank God. Fucking Jews.

Also thanks m8, I appreciate it.
>>
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1450294013807.webm

heres snoke
>>
>>63715000
Why do you think Gary Whitta washed his hands of anything to do with the upcoming movies?

It's written quite poorly.
>>
>>63715099
I just knew they were gonna go the Darth Cadeus route. Oh well, just gotta grin and bear it.
>>
>>63716495
Not really he's just an edgy cunt who idealises his grandfather

Kylo is probably the best character in the movie

His motivations are a bit vague outside of being a contrarian edgelord but his character is interesting nontheless
>>
Snoke being CGI is such a mistake. It takes away from his credibility a lot, I think.
Should've been a guy in makeup shown in composite shots.
>>
File: jbhn.jpg (66 KB, 710x408) Image search: [Google]
jbhn.jpg
66 KB, 710x408
>>63716593
That was dope as fuck.
>>
>>63716593
He's so fucking creepy. I love it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.