[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JJ DID IT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11
Here's my review:
Once the excitement dies down, you start to peel back the layers and realize there aren't any. It's time to kill the death star again again. The movie spends so much time referencing the past, walking you through the Musem of Star Wars that you wind up lost in the musem... with little reason to root for the new leads.
Rey spends the first 3/4ths of the movie meandering. Finn runs away from the stormtroopers because he is afraid, but he'll literally run towards a firing squadron for Rey... but there's no why. Maybe because she helped him, maybe because he thinks shes hot. You never really believe that relationship. You're just supposed to think they're tight. You wind up caring for Rey by the very end when she accepts her destiny/teaches herself a jedi mind trick out of nowhere. She just sort of starts knowing how to use the force really fucking well out of nowhere. There are hints to her past but nothing concrete. She was left on Jakku and told to wait for her family (or people that important) to come back for her. By the middle of the movie she realizes through Maz (who is super awkwardly portrayed, I get why JJ had to re-do a bunch of this stuff now) that no one is coming back for her.
>>
>>63666746

Luke's lightsaber calls out to Rey at Maz's place from her basement. But Luke Skywalker never says a single word and he was the entire mcguffin for the movie? And Han Solo, the greatest character in cinematic history meets his end after telling Leia he knows his son (Kylo Ren) is all bad. And then randomly decides on a very dark bridge... fuck it, I'll ask him to come home with me? Kylo Ren, meanwhile is supposedly conflicted about being bad, but he's pretty seriously down with kicking back and watching the destruction of a Republic solar system.
He also is super down fucking up people left and right, but because he SAYS outloud "I'm so conflicted!" we're supposed to buy in. But I didn't, I wanted to but I couldn't. The First Order and the Resistance spend the whole movie fucking people up from left to right trying to find out where Luke is. Rey finds Luke and that's the movie, head home folks. I get that they're setting up the next movies, but holy shit... that would be like Indy finding the lost ark at the end of the first movie and he smiles at it, rather than doing anything with it that furthers his character. And as soon as the Resistance knows where Luke is... they send Rey? A stranger? Alone with Chewy and BB8? The same Rey who Leia references to Finn as "that girl?" Just weak all around, Force Awakens was a HUGE letdown for me.
>>
>>63666746

https://www.reddit.com/user/barrygibbFan

Posted it on reddit a couple places.

I'm buying it. Seems what I expected.
>>
So it aint even a satisfying adventure on its own?
FUCK , why did we all think JJA would pull this off
>>
File: zD1S8y6.jpg (616 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
zD1S8y6.jpg
616 KB, 2448x3264
its real lads
>>
>>63666827

It's the same spoilers that been out there for 3 months and all the trailers/teasers/books confirm it.

Shit rehash story. It's fucking Jew jew abrams what original thing has he done right?
>>
Still going to see it.
>>
>>63666755
I've read that stuff before. fuck..........
>>
>>63666746

so it's a JJA movie...wow, who could have possibly seen that coming?

I mean, what do people expect? This guy is not a cinematic genius; he makes big, fun blockbusters. This one is only different in that that the merchandise line is fuckhuge
>>
File: gay-twitter.jpg (73 KB, 699x466) Image search: [Google]
gay-twitter.jpg
73 KB, 699x466
but it was fun

who needs a saga?

everything and everyone is good
>>
File: rtx1m1tl.jpg (56 KB, 840x485) Image search: [Google]
rtx1m1tl.jpg
56 KB, 840x485
So I told JJ to direct the new Star Wars movie and he actually did it the absolute madman
>>
Sounds shit

Spoilers seem to be 100%, and they sounded just as shit as reading this
>>
>Snoke was the biggest disappointment of all, he looks like fucking Smeagol from LOTR. He spends the whole movie like the emperor in episodes 3 & 4. They do a cool thing with the "hologram" effect now where it looks like you're actually in the same room as who you're talking to. Then they "blue flicker" at the end of the communication. So no in person Snoke, so I'm not sure if he's actually as big as they had him via hologram. He was basically a gigantic Smeagol though.

jesus christ FUCK jj
>>
le cliffhanger suspense billion dollar movie man
>>
No, Rey kisses Finn on the cheek at the end of the movie as he's unconscious. Then she leaves to see Luke.

BLACKED. JEW GOING SEE THIS GOOD FILM GOY?
>>
LMFAO AVERAGE MARVEL DRONE
>>
despite all the flaws, watch the normalfags when this movie comes out.

"Fuck yeah, the new Star Wars was so awesome! Did you see that awesome fight with the x-wings and tie fighters?! God I'm such a nerd!"

And then they'll make 50 more Star Wars related shitty films.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63666988
Why is this guy so obsessed with a fictional black man?
>>
File: 1449852249573.jpg (90 KB, 600x663) Image search: [Google]
1449852249573.jpg
90 KB, 600x663
>>63666746
>star wars is shit, full of plot holes, bad script and stupid relationships

Who would imagine.
>>
>>63667040

Almost all the star wars fags loved the phantom menace till their parents and friends had to tell them it was horrible.
>>
File: 1437498571651.png (58 KB, 607x629) Image search: [Google]
1437498571651.png
58 KB, 607x629
>>63667040
this is so fucking true that it hurts my soul
>>
File: rosenquiet.png (251 KB, 602x460) Image search: [Google]
rosenquiet.png
251 KB, 602x460
>>63666755
> Han Solo, the greatest character in cinematic history
>>
>>63666940
#StarWarsWins
>>
File: jar_jar_punch.jpg (43 KB, 400x282) Image search: [Google]
jar_jar_punch.jpg
43 KB, 400x282
>>63666954
>snoke
>gollum-alike
>>
>>63667085
>Almost all the star wars fags loved the phantom menace till their parents and friends had to tell them it was horrible.
...on pain of death, most of 'em
>>
wow j j abrams makes a shit film?

who would have ever guessed that
>>
>>63666988
>finn asks her if she has a "cute boyfriend"

Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>63666827
>we all

Only you senpai, jj is the most mediocre director on the market.
>>
File: this looks shooped but its not.jpg (19 KB, 594x200) Image search: [Google]
this looks shooped but its not.jpg
19 KB, 594x200
>>63668017
Why is JJ so desperate to be the new Spielberg?

I mean, he even sounds like him when he talks.

Is he so unoriginal he even has to resort to copying someones voice?
>>
People are already calling it the second best Star Wars movie like Kevin Smith did with Phantom Menace. It's mediocrity will sink in once the hype dies down
>>
>>63667065
No shit. I started watching Star Wars last night... Luke and Obi-Wan simply leaving C3PO and R2 outside the bar, when stormtroopers are everywhere looking for the droids...
>>
>>63666983
It is clear those two will end up as a couple. Even if the original plans were that they weren't, after the "outcry" around Finn I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the script up just to piss off all the "intolerant bigots ".
>>
>>63666954
Well at least it kills off the Plagueis hopes.

Mind you if this is where the ST is going i don't want Plagueis being ruined by this shit.
>>
>>63666755

You don't know what a "mcguffin" is.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.