[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else wish this had been Star Wars Episode I (pic related)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: crouching tiger.jpg (47 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
crouching tiger.jpg
47 KB, 333x500
Anybody else wish this had been Star Wars Episode I (pic related)?
>>
>>63659569
You mean, like, in terms of plot? It would be difficult to justify to a Western audience the fact that the main sith (Jade Fox) is laughably weak compared to the film's jedi.
>>
>>63661227
Also, it would be hard to imagine that a Sith could have a genuine, vulnerable relationship with her apprentice.
>>
>>63661227
That would actually be perfectly justifiable. Up until the prequels made Sith that much stronger than the Jedi, all we had for Jedi was a kid that knew very little about the Force at all, and a cocky old man. Vader was matched by Luke in their encounter in RotJ showing he wasn't all that powerful. The Emperor was only so powerful because he was the most experienced one in the force at the time. He kind of sucker-punched Luke too.

Then the prequels happen and Jedi are just weak retards and the Sith are the only ones with any real power.

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No. Easier, more seductive."

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"Yep."

The idea of Sith being weaker than Jedi but getting their way through scheming and stirring up shit would've been way better. They had Sheev doing that, of course, but he could've just kicked all their asses at any one time anyway.
>>
>>63659569
But this is basically the opposite in terms of the PT. She doesn't fall to the darkside.
>>
>>63661641
She starts out as reluctantly dark and then gets better by the end of the film. Also, despite her considerable level of fucking up, she manages to do so more gracefully than Anakin.
>>
>see bald CYF
>martial artsy chicks behind him
>...oh wait, it's that Ang Lee abortion
every time
>>
>>63661785
Her being a total cunt in the restaurant is a better moment than any of Anakin's whiny horseshit.
>>
>>63661963
I'd take pompous c-tier martial artists over sand people and younglings any day.
>>
>>63661227
Why does Jade Fox have to be a Sith though? The Emperor was using other weak tools to stir things up, Jade Fox could be a failed wannabe Sith he was using to start grooming Anakin
>>
That scene where a guy gets an axe thrown at him and it gets stuck in his forehead was funny
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.