[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Capeshit 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 25
File: moviessd.png (634 KB, 609x425) Image search: [Google]
moviessd.png
634 KB, 609x425
>Civil War
>BvS
>Deadpool
>Suicide Squad
>X-Men Apocalypse
>Doctor Strange

What are your expectations for each of these?
>>
>>63647095
>Civil War
Good but nothing special
>BvS
Great, a surprise
>Deadpool
Good
>Suicide Squad
Good
>X-Men Apocalypse
Okay
>Doctor Strange
Literally who
>>
>>63647095
>Civil War

Marvel not owning the rights to half the characters is problematic, but I have faith in the Russos. I doubt they will kill Captain America before Infinity War, so that probably means nothing in the movie will really matter all that much. It'll still be a fun action movie.

>BvS

It will be dark and brooding, and everything between Superman and Batman will be great. Everything involving Doomsday, Wonder Woman, and Lex will be awful; ultimately dooming the film to mediocrity.

>Deadpool

It'll be one long meme. Depending on how much that appeals to you, it will be horrible or great.

>Suicide Squad

Will be generic and silly.

>X-Men Apocalypse

Judging from that trailer, it will be Wolverine: Origins all over again. This will be panned like Fantastic Four, and J. Law will be shit on.

>Doctor Strange

There's no trailer for this, so how can you possibly have any thoughts that matter?
>>
File: beans.jpg (84 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
beans.jpg
84 KB, 600x600
>Civil War
Avengers 2.5

>BvS
Schumacher gives tips to Snyder the movie

>Deadpool
Most likely going to be reddit tier good.

>Suicide Squad
Kinda worried about David Ayers direction but maybe leto, margot and will might save it.

>X-Men Apocalypse
Another rotten third movie from the xmen series

>Doctor Strange
I wont see it
>>
>>63647095
>Civil War
meh
>BvS
great probably
>Deadpool
meh
>Suicide Squad
meh
>X-Men Apocalypse
mite b cool
>Doctor Strange
meh
>>
File: minion.jpg (5 KB, 211x238) Image search: [Google]
minion.jpg
5 KB, 211x238
Trying to reply to thread
>This thread is closed
…hmmmmmmm
>>
File: emmaston3d.gif (491 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
emmaston3d.gif
491 KB, 500x281
>>63647334
Yeah, I like comics.
>>
>Civil War
Good but nothing new.
8/10

>BvS
Okay. Something I could live without ever seeing.
6/10

>Deadpool
Spencer's Gifts: The Movie
3/10

>Suicide Squad
Spencer's Gifts: The Movie Pt. 2
3/10

>X-Men: Apocalypse
Really good but still not great. The best line of actors of any comic book film next year and the last film was really good.
9/10

>Doctor Strange
Good. Something fresh and different from the other MCU films
8/10
>>
>>63647095

>civil war
better than IM3 or A2
>BvS
Invincible god vs crybaby billionaire
>deadpool
probably gonna be the best of the lot but will be memepool
>SS
nope.
>XMen
nope x 2
>doctor strange
tumblrinas get really confused because they love that sherlock cunt but dont like him because of his microagressions against trans. will be shit.
>>
am i banned
>>
File: Comic girl no bull.png (251 KB, 974x1574) Image search: [Google]
Comic girl no bull.png
251 KB, 974x1574
>tfw no capeshit kekfu
>>
Civil War

Good Marvel movie that will get some hype once they know Spidey is in it

BvS

going to be decent with a nice rating of 80% on RT but DC fan boys will hail it as a masterpiece, Marvel fans will call it shit no matter what

Deadpool

Kek

Suicide Squad

Might be the biggest movie if BvS does well

X Men Apocalypse

Will be the sleeper hit of cape shit just like with Future Days of Past with a strong rating of 92%
>>
>tfw only hyped about Punisher vs Daredevil
Will it be as good as s1 or will it be jessica joned?
>>
>Civil War
Marvel will do it again but the audince will notice the repatitve and it will change the style and bring something fresh

>BvS
Dcfags will eat this shit up and shitpost its greatness while in fact its a shit story with the worst casting possible and Dark-type cinmatography with their shitty non-color lifeless movie

>Deadpool
if by miracle it didn't suck reddit will love it and 4chan call it TBBT tier of humor and will trigger /co/ .. if it suck it will be green lantern: Fox edition and be forgotten forever

>Suicide Squad
a wild card. depend on Leto but i belive in his acting ever since i saw Mr.Nobody .. it will be a success tho will smith will bring alot of $$$$

>X-Men Apocalypse
without wolvrine and the old cast it will be Xmen: First class 2.0 and will be a success

>Doctor Strange
The something fresh marvel will try to see how the crowd react to diffrient type of movies

all will be financially successful movies but DC stuff seems like shit-tier and should stick to the light hearted theme of the TV shows to have any chance of competing marvel
>>
>>63647581
Is Wolverine confirmed not appearing in Apocalypse? I know they didn't show him in the trailer, but I figured they just wanted to focus on the newcomers.
>>
>>63647584
so witty mane hahaha
>>
>>63647095
>Civil War
I expect to be let down. Interesting setting, nowhere near enough time to do it justice. May be Winter Soldier 2.0, which would be nice.

>BvS
Depends entirely on Muhammad Bin Al Fleeqi's ability to act. Low expectations.

>Deadpool
xD there is no spooooooon

>Suicide Squad
Ensemble casts are hard to get right. I expect a decent film that fails to achieve its potential. I do have faith in Leto, though.

>X-Men Apocalypse
99% sure it'll be dogshit.

>Doctor Strange
They're running out of ideas, and thank fuck for that.
>>
File: 1.jpg (123 KB, 768x765) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
123 KB, 768x765
Come on now

The GOAT: BvS

The SHEEP: Captain America
>>
>>63648255
>starring in, writing, directing, or scoring oscar bait flicks makes you good at your job

yeah ok buddy
>>
>>63647095
doctor strange- its goina be a suprise to everyone. > civil war- winter solider with iron man > deadpool - its fucking deadpool > apocalypes - hope it doesnt follow the other 3rd xmens footsteps > BvS - my expectations where lowered second to last because of the recent trailer > suicide squad - does anyone expect this to be good. my god. that joker ruined it..
>>
>>63648319
There are people who have come to accept and even like DAMAGED JOKER. Hollywood could intentionally create shitty costumes and trailers, but people will still eat it up.
>>
>Civil War
6/10
>BvS
8.5/10 (also will have the best memes)
>Deadpool
5/10
>Suicide Squad
6/10
>X-Men Apocalypse
7/10
>Doctor Strange
6/10
>>
File: 1.jpg (94 KB, 751x665) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
94 KB, 751x665
>Civil War
$700 million

>BvS
$1.75 billion

>Deadpool
$430 million

>Suicide Squad
$900 million

>X-Men Apocalypse
$800 million

>Doctor Strange
$340 million
>>
>>63647095
I honestly expect them all to be horrible.
>>
>>63648450
>SS
>$900 millions

Where did you get that number? That seems like a ridiculously high number for a potential flop.
>>
>>63647540
source?
>>
>>63648450
>900 million

HOL UP
>>
>>63648450
>Suicide Squad will make more than Avengers 3!

Yeah, okay.
>>
>>63648489
>>63648558

Joker and Harley Quinn are extremely popular with Normies
>>
>>63648572
>Avengers 2 will make more than the first one

You said
>>
>>63648558
>>63648489

>Joker
>Harley
>Batman
>Jared
>Margot
>Cara
>Will
>Asian market
>Aussie market
>Something different

$800 million is a little low
>>
>>63648721
Outside of Joker, who isn't even a member of the team, none of these names or facts mean anything.
>>
>>63648721
I doubt asians give a shit about half of that.
>>
>>63647095
>civil war
itll be solid
>BvS
average at best
>Deadpool
depends on the rating classification if itll do good or bad (R18+ will be a flop, PG-M it will do well), but I have no intention of seeing it
>SS
generic as fuck but no interest of seeing it
>Xmen
awful
>Doctor Strange
intrigued
>>
>>63648748
http://www.racked.com/2015/10/30/9642576/harley-quinn-halloween-suicide-squad-margo-robbie-popular
>>
>>63648759
You just know the same market that dresses as that loli shit will be all over that Harley Quinn
>>
>>63647401
if you like comics then why do you watch the movies? I was pretty pissed when iron man 3 made mandarin into a failed actor.
>>
>>63648777
>>63648782
You're forgetting the fact that this "Harley Quinn" barely has a costume outside of face paint. Japanese people would go crazy for original Harley.
>>
File: 1.jpg (117 KB, 807x681) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
117 KB, 807x681
>>63648759
$900 million it is
>>
>>63648862
Asians don't like shitty westernized asian caricatures.
>>
>>63648826
Harley Quinn is even more popular over there than she is here
>>
civil war is a cap movie but also has iron man. it will be the best of the lot

bvs will get 100% of the dc fan boys and feminist who want to see wonder woman but will only be ok and predictable since they leaked all that shit

deadpool will be great but how many want to see a anti hero slaughter thugs? punisher was great but got a mixed reception

xmen apocalypse will be a abortion and every one knows it

doctor strange and suicide squad will be niche and do worse than the others in the box office
>>
>>63647095
In terms of box office success
>Batman v Superman
>Civil War
>Deapool
>Suicide Squad
>Xmen
>Doctor Strange

I think Suicide Squad will be the best of them all. Xmen will be the worst.
>>
>>63648889
Especially in dark, grim coloring.

>>63648899
...ah, yes. Injustice: Gods Among Us, my favorite Japanese game.
>>
>>63648899
Japanese companies make scales for a nu number of western female comic book characters. That shitty scale doesn't really mean anything.
>>
File: 1.jpg (68 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
68 KB, 480x640
>>63648826
People are already dressing up as her

The movie isn't out yet.

$950 million
>>
>>63648965
It's a 60$ statue based on the game that's Japanese exclusive. One of many such exclusives.
>>
>>63648924
>Deadpool brining in more money than SS, X-Men or an MCU movie

I wish I could filter your opinions.
>>
Memepool will cover the cost but wont blow the box office away. Which is fine with me.
>>
>>63647454
why did you shoehorn tumblr into this
was there a need
>>
>>63647095
>Civil War
Another decent Marvel film, not as good as Cap 2
>BvS
I'm expecting a few good laughs; it's going to be horrible
>Deadpool
I'm optimistic
>Suicide Squad
Dunno if I even care enough to go see that one
>X-men Apocalypse
Its going to be awful but it might still be fun to watch, just to see how badly they fuck it up
>Doctor Strange
Expecting a master-piece unlike any previous capeshit
>>
File: 1428652835520.gif (2 MB, 498x373) Image search: [Google]
1428652835520.gif
2 MB, 498x373
>>63647095

Quality/RT

1. Civil War
2. Doctor Strange
3. Suicide Squad
4. X-Men Apocalypse
5. BvS
6. Deadpool

Box-office

1. Civil War
2. BvS
3. Doctor Strange
4. X-Men Apocalypse
5. Suicide Squad
6. Deadpool

Based on trailers, creative teams, content, and the past quality from these studios, this is the most likely outcome of 2016.
>>
>>63649180
Why do you guys have this idea instilled in your minds that BvS will be Bad if anything it'll do better critically especially seeing the plot to Civil War is exactly the same.
>Critic Score
BvS-78-85
Civil War-63-75
>Box Office
BvS- 1.1-8 Billion
Civil War-500mill-900mill
>>
>>63647401
can i save this rare pepe senpai?
>>
>>63649234

This looks abut right. I agree.
>>
>>63649521
Because Civil War is being directed by the team behind Winter Soldier and BvS is being directed by Snyder.

Both trailers looked like absolute shit to me, so all I have to go off on is that. Also they aren't the same story.

Civil War is about heroes fighting. BvS is about heroes temporarily fighting because fighting a big CGI monster in a burnt out city.
>>
>>63647095
>Civil War
will be 9/10
>BvS
6/10 faggy but we will go anyway
>Deadpool
8/10 gotta admire ryan reynolds for this one
>Suicide Squad
4/10 seriously?
>X-Men Apocalypse
8/10 good way to reboot the series, can't believe I'm saying that
>Doctor Strange
7/10 Very difficult to determine, but has loads of potential.
>>
>>63647095
>Civil War
Will be decent
>BvS
Will be gigantic catastrophe
>Deadpool
Will be cringefest
>Suicide Squad
Will be memfest
>X-Men Apocalypse
Will be good
>Doctor Strange
Will be a movie that comes out in 2016
>>
>>63649521
>BvS
>good
>snyder
>dark different tone from marvel
>pg-13
>out of nowhere quips
>dogshit CGI
>that 400 million safe space for cw
>ant-man made 500 million

Try harder DKeks
>>
>>63649684
They're temporarily fighting in Civil War too. It's literally the same exact plot, well structure at least. An Civil War will take a huge critical hit from this. Ironically BvS will be praised because they'll expect Snyder trash and be presently surprised with the product. Not saying the directors for Winter Soldier weren't amazing but it'll happen sonce next year is the great year of capeshit. An Box office wise Civil War doesn't stand a chance against BvS only because Batman alone made 1 Billion, while Man of Steel did make less then Cap that's due to competition and what not with X-men and Cap. BvS is pretty much uncontested for money racking while Cap is stuck within the summer blockbuster area which will obviously steal revenue.
>>
>>63647095
>Civil War
Great
>BvS
Definitely worse than Avengers, but better than Age of Ultron
>Deadpool
Good, but it'll get panned here because reddit
>Suicide Squad
Awful
>X-Men Apocalypse
Worst X-Men movie after The Last Stand
>Doctor Strange
Flop
>>
>>63649857
>They're temporarily fighting in Civil War too.

You misunderstand. I mean temporarily fighting in the movie.

In Civil War I fully expect the two teams to continue to be at odds in the end, leading up until the next movie where they must team together again. In BvS, we already know they are teaming up at the end, so why the fuck should I give a shit about the fight? It's meaningless.
>>
>>63649831
Not even DCfag but to say Civil War will make more than BvS is delusional.
>implying Civil war isn't as Dark. It even has the same pallet
>>
>>63649923
Dude Baron Zemo is the bad guy. We'll see them teaming up, even if it's reluctantly
>>
>>Civil War
solid 6 or 7/10
>>BvS
5/10 at best
>>Deadpool
12 year olds/10
>>Suicide Squad
4/10
>>X-Men Apocalypse
5 or 6/10
>>Doctor Strange
no fucking clue but I dont care/10
>>
>>63649857
>>63649950
Once Marvel debuts Spider-Man to the normies it'll compete with BvS in the box office

Spider-Man + The Avengers = Batman and Superman.
>>
File: civil war trailer Google Search.png (232 KB, 551x308) Image search: [Google]
civil war trailer Google Search.png
232 KB, 551x308
>>63649950
Wow, so dark. Did they film this shit underground?!
>>
>>63649905
Or maybe /tv/ doesn't have a shitty sense of humor? I was neutral about Deadpool, but all the promotional "comedy" has been god fucking awful.
>>
>>63650014
As much as I like Spidey he'll be a cameo at most and you know this. Hopefully a scene and some after credits shit. Other than that I doubt it.
>>
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 1200x600
>>63647409
Marvel shill detected
>>
>>63649234
THIS
>>
>>63647095

>Civil War

Cap 2 was one of the best marvel movies so I'm pretty excited for 3. Avengers 2 is a movie that while I think technically was better than the first did nothing special and quickly fell into a weird kind of obscurity so I'm kind of hoping this will be avengers 2 proper.

>BvS

Really hated Man of Steel but it sounds like they're trying to rectify that with this one. Honestly I just don't like DC that much so it's hard to say I'm genuinely excited but I'm willing to be surprised.

>Deadpool

Deadpool's a character I love but has a tendency to be shit. I haven't really checked any of the promotional stuff but it sounds like it leans heavier on the fourth wall than the fucked up spider-man good deadpool is. Even so, some of the comments from the cast indicate the movie itself is willing to go pretty deep into his psychosis and Ryan Reynolds has a lot of love for the character so I'm cautiously optimistic.

>Suicide Squad

I like watching Mega 64 make fun of Jared leto so I hope he's awful in it

>X-Men Apocalypse

I don't care about the x-men

>Doctor Strange

no one cares
>>
File: holland-as-spider-man-haeder.jpg (43 KB, 640x347) Image search: [Google]
holland-as-spider-man-haeder.jpg
43 KB, 640x347
>>63650094
People keep saying that, but it's like none of you know how the Sony/Marvel deal works. This is the only time Marvel can use Spidey until Infinity War. Marvel aren't going to make any box office money from Solo MCU Spider-Man. That all goes to Sony. Marvel makes Spider-Man money from the crossovers. I expect a Vision level appearance. He was on set for 2 weeks, went back for reshoots and reportedly had stunt double filming shit before new kid was cast.

Regardless of how big, or small his role is Disney is going to promote the shit out of him in the movie. They're not going to wait until the movie to reveal him just to satisfy a couple online nerds when there's potentially $1 billion to be made.
>>
>>63647095

Civil War will be 6/10 like every Disney Marvel movie, just barely good enough to get people to watch it and to justify a sequel. Will have too many jokes and will lack a plot as usual.

BvS will be 7/10 because it has the 2 most popular heroes on Earth in a movie for the first time. Normies will love it and Terrio and Synder will make it cool enough to justify sequels.

Deadpool will be 5/10, the movie will try too hard to be meta and funny but it will end up being shit. Ryan Reynolds will be the worst part and will be unofficially banned from being in anymore cape movies.

Suicide Squad will be 8/10. David Ayer is a good director and is great with ensemble casts. He will make people like pretty obscure DC villains and will end up causing a trend of villain cape movies.

X-men Apocalypse will be 7/10. The team many people are familiar with fighting an enemy that isn't Magneto. Should be great. Singer being back will help more than people realize, despite him being a weirdo pedo.

Doctor Strange will be a 6/10 like all Disney Marvel movies. Just cool enough for a one time watch. Probably abit too many jokes. Cumberbatch will probably be miscast while his supporting cast will be storng.
>>
>Good tier
Civil War
Suicide Squad

>Probably a blunder tier
BvS
X-Men Apocalypse
Doctor Strange

>Meme tier
Deadpool
>>
>Civil War
medicore and forgetable, just like every MCU movie
>BvS
medicore and forgetable/shit
>Deadpool
shit
>Suicide Squad
shit
>X-Men: Apocalypse
shit
>Doctor Strange
might be good but I'm sure that marvel will find a way to make it medicore
>>
Does /tv/ know based Mads is in Doctor Strange?
>>
>>63650358

who was he cast as?
>>
>>63650414
It hasn't been revealed. Those two are rumored.
>>
>>63650414
Professor Peculiar.
>>
>>63647095

>Civil War
Another horseshit Disney movie with no plot and a bunch of actors phoning it in.
>BvS
Terrio will probably make this movie very watchable much to the chagrin of drones.
>Deadpool
Meme character being played by a guy who has only been in shit cape movies. Total shit.
>Suicide Squad
David Ayer is actually a good director. Leto and Smith will probably make it a sleeper hit.
>X-Men Apocalypse
Singer and Xmen is a good combo. Will probably be pretty watchable abit mediocre.
>Doctor Strange
Another Disney flick jesus christ. Probably will lack a plot and an interesting villain again. Too many jokes etc.
>>
File: image.png (32 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
image.png
32 KB, 128x128
>>63650207
>SHUTTTT THE FUCCCKK UPPPP
>>
>>63650414

No one knows. But he mentioned he has done rehearsals which leads me to Mephisto.
>>
File: Based Capeshit.webm (3 MB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
Based Capeshit.webm
3 MB, 720x300
>>63647095
>Civil War
To be pretty good, see Winter Soldier
>BvS
To be absolute shit just like every Snyder movie
>Deadpool
To be unfunny and mediocre at absolute best
>Suicide Squad
To be surprisingly watchable once you get beyond those shitty joker tattoos
>X-Men Apocalypse
To be the best of the lot just like DoFP was surprisingly great
>Doctor Strange
To be Wasted Potential: The Movie, great cast, absolute garbage director
>>
>>63647272
>Marvel not owning the rights to half the characters is problematic,
Why do people keep saying this when X-Men weren't even in Civil War?
>>
File: tumblr_lp7n15MOmf1qidrtmo1_500.png (491 KB, 455x599) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lp7n15MOmf1qidrtmo1_500.png
491 KB, 455x599
>>63651145
Because people are idiots. Biggest ting is Civil War was an event and it's hard to scale that down to a single movie. Anyways I a movie with a cast that large would never work anyways so it's stupid to expect. A more compact version might work because the event itself was dog shit aside from a few moments and quotes.
>>
>>63651145
I literally did not mention the X-Men.

>>63651246
>posts picture of reed richards
>marvel doesn't own rights to reed richards
>>
>>63651246
>thinking that page is good

You're part of the capeshit problem
>>
>>63651676
>>63651682
The point of that post was to highlieed Mr. Fantastic who Marvel doesn't own the rights to.
>>
>>63647095

I'm not a comic fag, but can somebody explain to me, how does x-men work in marvel universe, you have all these super heroes who are praised and loved by the public, and then you have x-men who are loathed because of their superpowers.
Yeah I know x-men is not part of MCU, just asking how is that resolved in the comics.
>>
>>63651782
People hate mutants. They love heroes who are victims of science.

There's also many more mutants than there are heroes.
>>
>>63651835

But how do they know who is a mutant and who is a lab rat?
>>
>>63650100
Iphone poster. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>63651835
>There's also many more mutants than there are heroes.

Not since House of M. Marvel's also trying to get rid of mutants again since they don't own the movie rights and are pushing the Inhumans hard as fuck as replacements.

>>63651931
>>63651782
Comic book logic is retarded as shit. Seriously. It's best not to question, or think about this too hard. It's like people who take Star Wars, a kids movie, and ask questions Lucas never had any intention of answering.

X-Men are analogues for whatever group of people are being persecuted at the time. Blacks back in the day. Gays and trans people now, see Iceman.
>>
>>63651931
Mutants usually manifest as teenagers in the middle of school.
>>
>>63647095
>What are your expectations for each of these?

>>Civil War
Boring shit people will love for 2 months and forget

>>BvS

devisive because of butthurt but probably genuinly decent.

>>Deadpool

God damn amazing.

>>Suicide Squad

A good villain/heist/crime noire like if the dark knight trilogy met the dirty dozen, genuinely good.

>>X-Men Apocalypse

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

>>Doctor Strange

See xmen apocalypse but add in Thor dark world
>>
>>63649234
>deadpool lowest of the them all

lol, know. Deadpool is the only one thats a genuine passion project.
>>
>>63652413
confirmed for ADHD 15yr old post goth era can only pay attention to meme-quipping ultra violence. possible video game enthusiast, ironically anti marijuanna
>>
>>63647095
>>Civil War
Good, maybe even reach the level of Winter Soldier
>>BvS
Will be a great movie until Doomsday shows up if that CGI thing in the trailer is supposed to be Doomsday
>>Deadpool
Will be average and try too hard
>>Suicide Squad
Fun but stupid, like Guardians of the Galaxy
>>X-Men Apocalypse
Same shit all over again: Charles tries to convince Erik to choose his side, Mystique will constantly switch between good and bad, Beast is just there, every other mutant plays a small part
>>Doctor Strange
No idea what to think of it, Tumblr will be all over it but that doesn't mean anything really
>>
File: 1.jpg (24 KB, 236x364) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
24 KB, 236x364
>>63650229
Nope, no Spiderman movie has ever made more than the iron-man movies.

At this rate, iron-man is more popular than Spiderman, so adding him,to the box office will make a minimal amount of difference.
>>
>>63649795
Marvel shill detected
>>
>>63653006
>iron man is more popular than spider man

You literally don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>63652698
you confirmed nothing. i mean not even close.

Deadpool actually looks good.
>>
>>63653078
>2013
>Before iron-man 3
>Before the amazing blunderman

The amazing Spiderman killed off all hype for Spiderman, no one cares about him anymore. His casting was absolute shit too.
>>
>>63653226
You actually find that type of humor funny? I was neutral about Deadpool, but every time they try to crack a joke it's just cringe inducing.
>>
>>63653234
Wrong again. TAS 2, a cricial and financia failure, did better at the box office than both Iron Man and Iron Man 2.
>>
>>63652738
switch deadpool and suicide squad and I agree
>>
>>63653380

But not Iron Man 3
>>
File: 1442283925709.jpg (11 KB, 343x377) Image search: [Google]
1442283925709.jpg
11 KB, 343x377
>>63648450

>Civil War $700 million
>BvS $1.75 billion
>Suicide Squad $900 million
>Doctor Strange $340 million
>>
>>63653281
i find deadpool funny. i dont know what type of humor you're bitching about but its not a single style of humor.

its a mix of physical gags, reactions, off colored remarks and references and 4th wall jokes mixed with dark humor.

like DEADPOOL.

so far its the only movie that doesnt look like a product, probably because its the lowest budgeted film out of any cape movies since 1999 (barring indy films and kick ass) and the director and actors had to BEG fox to make it.

as opposed to an exec throwing money and shit at hired hands.

combine that with a good crew, excellent writers and actors, and an R rating, we got our selves an genuinely good comic movie thats sort of the antithesis of the shit the MCU has been doing.
>>
>>63647095
LAst cape movie i saw was the first Avengers moive.

I might see BvS
>>
>>63654162
Okay, so you like shitty writing and shitty jokes. Good for you.

>your face looks like a topographical map of utah
>>
>>63650565
Fuck, i always forgot how cap 2 was good. This webm made be more hype than ever for cw.
>>
Why are these new xmen movies focusing on fucking Mystique? Can any comicfags tell me has she ever been this relevant or even remotely useful? Lets focus on the same 4 mutants over 3 movies and leave the others we havent seen to 5 minutes of screen time
>>
>>63654543
Jessica Lawrence blew up after First Class (not because of First Class) so they've shoehorned bigger roles for her in the sequels. She is extremely out of place and she's basically Katniss in this fucking movie. It's embarassing.
>>
>>63649234

Quality side looks solid but I think box office would look more like

BvS
Civil War
X-Men Apocalypse
Suicide Squad
Doctor Strange
Deadpool
>>
>>63654763

>Strange over Deadpool

Yeah no, someone who isn't into comics probably doesn't even know about strange, where Deadpool is shilled all over the internet to the point where even a newborn knows about him.
>>
>>63648450
>BvS making more than 1 billion
>Avengers 2.5 making less than TWS
>Suicide Squad making more than 500 million
ayy lmao
>>
looking forward to Doctor Strange a lot cause i like magic stuff

cautiously anticipating Deadpool, hoping they don't fuck it up, it will either be really good (in its own right), or really bad

Civil War will probably be pretty good, the large cast might be its downfall, but Marvel seems to be in pretty good control of their shit

X-Men will probably be enjoyable, despite them trying to cram Jennifer Lawrence into every scene, thinking that's what the audience wants...

skeptical about BvS and Suicide Squad, DC has blundered so many of their movies and i'm not a fan of the grim dark atmosphere they're going for in every recent movie
>>
>>63654957
Just like Ant-Man's going to flop right? Ant-Man, a literally who hero with no big name actor appeal made $500 million WW.
>>
>>63654957
>Yeah no

Dude stop. No one gives a shit about Deadpool and it has a bunch of stuff stacked against it.

>Small budget.
>Comes out in a shitty month.
>Rated R.
>>
>>63655215

Reading comprehension faggot, did I anywhere said strange is going to flop, I just said it's going to earn less than Deadpool
>>
>>63647095
>Civil War 7.8
>BvS 6.5
>Deadpool 8
>Suicide Squad 8.4
>X-Men Apocalypse 8.2
>Doctor Strange 9
>>
Doctor Strange is to manchildren what Harry Potter was to children (and manchildren), i'm expecting great things, although i'm not a huge fan of Benjaditch Cabbagepatch playing Strange
>>
>>63655315
That would imply Deadpool is going to make more than Ant-Man because Dr. Strange would have to make less than it and there's no way in hell Dr. Strange makes less than Ant-Man.
>>
>Civil War
Looking forward to it more than star wars, super hyped. Will see in theater.

>BvS
Latest trailer revealing ZodDay and giving away whole storyline made me not even want to see it anymore. I'll torrent it.

>Deadpool
I think it's going to be too dumb to be good, but I hope I'm wrong.

>Suicide Squad
Looks like garbage, won't go see it.

>X-Men Apocalypse
Ivan Ooze wrecked it for me. I wont go see it.

>Doctor Strange
No expectations.
>>
Civil War, BvS, Suicide Squad and X-men are all ensemble movies, i think Doctor Strange and Deadpool both have the potential to be better movies, even though they'll make less money

especially Deadpool i'm optimistic about, since it's a passion project that would never have happened without the people involved in it really pushing it through, and as far as i know they said they would only make it if they could run with a R-rating
>>
>>63654763

Civil War will easily make more than BvS at the box-office, at the end of the day bvs is still capeshit, even if it's from dc. And capeshit did not take a break while dc/wb made bvs, so "Batman and Superman on the same screen for the first time" will not be as much of a selling point as they are hopping. It will make them big money, but there is a real chance it doesn't even break 1 billion, especially with Snyder as director.

Meanwhile Civil War marketing is off to a GREAT start WITHOUT showing Spider-man (this factor alone put it over bvs), Vision, recent fan favorite Ant-man (from the film that just made 520 million ww), or much from Black Panther.

Civil War also has a better release compared to BvS. Civil War is the film to beat.

Doctor Strange has all the makings to be another GOTG success, which made more than dofp. Amazing cast, amazing concept, something wholly unique to the MCU and CBM's in general. Combine that with the November release and Disney+Marvel marketing? Yeah 3rd on my list is all but guaranteed if the quality is there which I believe it will be being Feige's baby and all.
>>
>>63647095
>>Civil War
Equal or exceeding Cap 2, Week 1 or day 1.
>>BvS
Equal or exceeding MOS, Day 1 bitches.
>>Deadpool
No clue will wait for reviews if good will watch.
>>Suicide Squad
Will see due to Batfleck appearance.
>>X-Men Apocalypse
Not sure DOFP was excellent but the trailer for this looks like shit (add pick of cosplay vs trailer Apoc)/ f katniss, wolve better show up.
>>Doctor Strange
F cucumber.
>>
>>63654282
>Okay, so you like shitty writing and shitty jokes.
explain why its shitty without using the words "meme" or "Quip"

exaplin with examples how you know its shit objectively

>>63654282
>>your face looks like a topographical map of utah
so? whats wrong with that line?
>>
>>63647095
>Civil War
A few solid fight scenes between boring characters with cheesy motivations.
>BvS
Stunning movie, probably a good story that turns into a complete clusterfuck. Great characters.
>Deadpool
Literally 9gag the superhero.
>Suicide Squad
If we go by Ayer's record, this may be the best 2016 capeshit. Good story and characters, no huge pressure by the studio like with BvS.
>X-Men Apocalypse
Dumb villain and a lot of bad acting.
>Doctor Strange
Thor 1-tier movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 600x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 600x749
>>63648450
>DCuks are so desperate they make up RT scores for their movies they know will be shit

How pathetic.
>>
>>63655531
Deadpool is almost certainly getting an R rating. But Disney might have to pull some cloak-and-dagger and have it released used a shell corp.
>>
>>63652484
It's rated R though so the kiddies won't see it (or convince their parents to go)
>>
>>63650100
>image.jpg

Literally worse than a tripfag.
>>
>>63655965
That's genuinely unfunny. So if that makes you laugh more power to you. Self-aware meta shit like "Don't make the suit green, or animated" isn't funny either. "Like a testical with teeth." Every "funny" line in the trailer is juvenile as shit.
>>
>>63656296

Dude please write a joke you find funny, so others can see your superior sense of humor.
>>
>>63647272
I think you nailed it. Capeshit just can't rise above mediocrity.

At least it gives good memes.
>>
>>63647095
>>Civil War
Decent

>>BvS
Decent

>>Deadpool
Reddit memes. The new GOTG. Waypool

>>Suicide Squad
Reddit. Frankly I find distasteful the abuse of the word reddit to describe things, but I can hardly find any other more fitting word than "reddit" to describe this movie.

>>X-Men Apocalypse
Singer and his tweenks never let you down. Probably the best action movie of the year, and the best cape movie since DOFP

>>Doctor Strange
Beneficial cucumber starring in Dr. Quips. The tragic story of a surgeon that became meme supreme
>>
>>63647095
GOAT for most, but my hopes aren't high for Deadpool and Suicide Squad
>>
File: 461477.jpg (418 KB, 600x865) Image search: [Google]
461477.jpg
418 KB, 600x865
>>63655508
>Ivan Ooze
I want this meme to stop
>>
>>63656107
Fox owns the movie rights to Deadpool so they get to handle its release. It's also why you see Colossus and Negasonic Goth Girl in the movie
>>
>>63649998
Stop this meme, Baron Zemo is in it but he wont be the big bad, its all about Cap and Tony, Baron Zemo would be the guy pulling the strings not exactly a big bad compared to doomsday where they ltierally have to team up to defeat him
>>
>>63658400
Doomsday is a mid boss.
>>
>>63658400
>Tatopoulos then went on to confirm that "Doomsday isn't just the final act." According to the designer, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman will face an even "larger threat" in Dawn of Justice, and "those feeling they may know too much this early, are going to be in for a true surprise."
>>
>>63647095
>>Civil War
decent, but not as good as winter soldier
>>BvS
mediocre at best, seeing the casting and the trailers i have no hope
>>Deadpool
decent but teh hit or miss humor will stop it form being something better
>>Suicide Squad
no hope, this will be a 60% rotten score, 7/10 imdb, and a 3/10 from me
>>X-Men Apocalypse
looks like total ass so far
>>Doctor Strange
the who now? how obscure are we getting here
>>
>>63656113
and?

>>63656296
>line in the trailer is juvenile as shit.
thats the point you fucking faggot.
do you not know who deadpool is?

also you're not EXPLAINING why you find this unfunny.
>>
>>63658452
>Doomsday is a mid boss.

Doomsday is the final 3rd act boss. There just may be other shit thrown in with him....

If you believe the damage control.
>>
>>63658790
What is there to explain? Their unfunny jokes senpai. There's no discussion to be had. You like shitty, juvinille humor and that's okay. It's not my sense of humor so I cringe and am put off by it.
>>
>>63658797
See
>>63658770
This certainly doesnt look like a random henchmen with Doomsday around
>>
>From the pictures and trailers X-men looks like shit

The same they said about DOFP and it was 2014's best cape movie and 2015's too with the Rogue Cut
>>
>>63658904
>all that shitty mystique
>all that shitty dinklage
>broken as fuck quicksilver
>long as fuck dialogue scenes to appear deep, but it's still simple, stupid cape shit.

I liked DOFP but it's very over rated.
>>
>>63658904
>2014's best cape movie
hehe
>>
>>63658874
You must have poor reading comprehension.

>Doomsday isn't just the final act.
>isn't just the final act.
>just the final act.
>just

He literally confirms Doomsday is the 3rd act boss, but there is "other" hidden threats. It's cleverly worded pr damage control. For all you know it's nothing but a brainiac teas for JL.
>>
>>63659294

Yup. It could also mean he shows up in act 2 as well as 3. Which would be terrible.
>>
>>63658850

And you still didnt write that joke, your opinion is invald until you show us your superior sense of humor, post couple of movies you think are funny
>>
>>63659355
I don't keep jokes in my back pocket you autist. Seinfeld, Always Sunny, The Office, Dumb and Dumber, Superbad are some comedies I like.
>>
>>63659318
>FINAL ACT
>FINAL
>>
I'm surprised to see such low expectations for Civil War. How did you guys feel about The Winter Soldier?
>>
>>63647095
>>Civil War
Make the most $$$$$$$$ but not as much as star wars 7
>>BvS
Everyone liking this new Batman. Most excited about this one
>>Deadpool
Should be good. Flying under the radar
>>Suicide Squad
Will be fun
>>X-Men Apocalypse
I just cant. I expect Jlaws potato face all over it without blue makeup . seriously are you fucking kidding me guys
>>Doctor Strange
That spiderman villain?
>>
>>63659705
TWS is the best Marvel movie. This one features RDJ and he is a diva so he will ask the plot to suit his needs. RDJ has more power than the Russos and so the movie will suffer for it.

It wasnt even supposed to be Civil War.

It was that he couldn't stand that his multimillionaire ass starred in Iron Turd 3, while the humble people's champion got the best movie out of all the MCU movies. In fact, the only MCU movie thats arguably good. So after he found that earning 20 times more money than Captain America wasnt enough for him, he just demanded to be into the sequel of The Winter Soldier. First it was a small role. But it wasnt enough. Then it was rewritten into: A RDJ FILM, featuring Captain America from RDJ's Avengers in Civil War: Now featuring Iron-Man.

While there is no source for this, you know its true. He just couldn't stand someone else having better movies than him.
>>
So many dc fags in this thread
>>
>>63650014
>from the studio that brought you age if ultron
LEL
>>
>>63659864
Strange isn't a villain
>>
>Civil War
Will be at least entertaining like the other Avengers movies.
>BvS
I think Affleck has matured enough to play a good Batman regardless of the writing, and I think the supporting cast might make a good movie.
>Deadpool
Will probably rely too heavily on jokes and fourth wall breaks and shit, and I have reservations about Reynolds being able to make the character charming enough for the film to be enjoyable.
>Suicide Squad
I think it will be enjoyable, although Leto's Joker is the thing I'm least excited for, and I fear he'll try to take the character too far over the top a la Heath Ledger or make him too moderate. There's a level of insanity that I feel Leto will miss.
>Apocalypse
I enjoyed DoFP, and after hearing only bad things about First Class I was actually pleasantly surprised to find a fairly enjoyable movie. I think it'll be about on par with DoFP, if not a little less enjoyable. Overall, I think it'll be alright.
>Doctor Strange
Forgot about this completely. Don't really care for Cumberbatch as an actor and imagine he'll be as mediocre as he has been in everything else he's done. I do think Mads Mikkelsen will make the movie very enjoyable, but it'll be completely overlooked due to everything else coming out, as well as the lack of popularity of Doctor Strange.
>>
>>63647148
>Deadpool
>Good
Literally who
>>
>>63647095
>>Civil War
Im excited for it because the same directors from winter soldier is doing this one
>>BvS
Might be cool but a bloated budget might kill the movie
>>Deadpool
Memepool/overhyped/and no won't see it
>>Suicide Squad
Will be decent but its gonna be a let down due to the hype
>>X-Men Apocalypse
On the fence but might get a matinee
>>Doctor Strange
Even though an underdog, will be an underrated film and a lot better than expected
>What are your expectations for each of these?
>>
>>63648255
>goat
>bvs
Oh goodie i love drab colors with poor choice of actors. To top it off its trying to shoehorn the justice league but because snyder is directing it, snyder sheep will cum buckets over the colorless set and le dark may nay.
Im a fan of dc and marvel but this will be wasted potential that will miss the mark
>>
>>63648586
Granted but even after a week it can make or break it.
>>
>>63653046
>they are a shill if they dont wprship snyder and bvs
Jesus christ dc fanboys are babies
>>
>>63649950
Wait are you saying it womt make more by gross or by profit margins?
Either way bvs has a 1.75 billion dollar hole it dug . i mean i dont think itll be bad but it will barley net over costs due to the budget
>>
>>63649905
>implying deadpool wont be a flop over dr strange
Holy shit memepool fans
>>
>>63648255
whatd jeremy irons get an oscar for? dont want to google because its less personable
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.