[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/tv/ tells you a movie is shit >watch it >it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (798 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
798 KB, 1280x720
>/tv/ tells you a movie is shit
>watch it
>it's great

what's it's name bros?
pic very related
>>
>>63609430
That one.
W.
Natural Born Killers
True Romance
Blackhat
Tank Girl
The Cell
>>
This is a terrible film. Del Toro is a director swirling around the toilet bowl. After his anime capeshit bombed he tried a last ditch attempt to appeal to his old fans and save his career. Fortunately most of the people who liked Pan's Labyrinth and TDB grew up and moved onto better cinema and Crimson Peak simply wasn't good enough. Best you can say about it is "well the sets looked nice, I guess".

Also hilarious how every time Del Toro talks about this film all he can do is apologize for it an attempt to justify it.

>People think it stinks
>BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, IT'S A GOTHIC ROMANCE
>It still stinks
>>
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
All capefilm except Daredevil '03
>>
>>63609540
While you're right about CP harkening back to PL and TDB I still think it was an admirable attempt and definitely a good showing for GDT getting his groove back. I look forward to his next projects and hope he stays away from big budget shit like HB and PR.
>>
>>63609506
what. I mean I can get why fags here don't like NBK but how can you not like tank grill

Also you niggas told me The Fall was shit but I really liked the first half. I'm still not sure how I feel about the second
>>
>>63609599
The Fall is terrible. One of the worst movies I've ever seen.
>>
>>63609593
From my persective he has already bombed his film career as a serious director with his fanboy folly. Crimson Peak just stunk of desperation. Like some sell out musician trying to badly recreate the sound of the beloved albums after their mainstream success is failing. He could have done anything he wanted after Pan's Labyrinth. He chose poorly and there's no coming back. When I was younger this man was one of my favorite directors, but I will actively fight against every new picture this sell out releases. If I saw him in the street I'd fucking spit at him.
>>
Wes Anderson and PTA have their flaws as filmmakers, but their work doesn't deserve the mass negativity /tv/ gives it.
>>
>>63609430
>Devils Backbone 2: A-list actor boogaloo
it's shit m8
>>
>>63609773
>If I saw him in the street I'd fucking spit at him.
No you wouldn't.
1. You are to much of a pussy
2. You don't leave your house
>>
man of steel
>>
>>63611838
ree
>>
>>63609653
>movie
ok
>>
>>63609773
Pan's Labyrinth wasn't nearly as good as people thought. it's just two movies cut together with the "adult" one giving the "children's" story more credibility. the themes never really end up entwining.
>>
>>63612922
It seemed good when you were 12. Now the 12 year olds who loved Pan's Labryinth have grown up and moved on to more advanced cinema. Which is why Crimson Peak failed to impress anybody.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.