[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Yeah, well if the common good's gotta make up fairy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
>Yeah, well if the common good's gotta make up fairy tales then it's not good for anybody.

>If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of shit; and I'd like to get as many of them out in the open as possible.

> Transference of fear and self-loathing to an authoritarian vessel. It's catharsis. He absorbs their dread with his narrative. Because of this, he's effective at proportion to the amount of certainty he can project. Certain linguistic anthropologists think that religion is a language virus that rewrites pathways in the brain. Dulls critical thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RfUj09pWfM

Was Rust right?
>>
>>63575478
>lying in bed meditating on the crucifixion of Jesus Christ
>mom walks in and tells me to stop "sleeping" because I'm late for school
>patiently remind her that I don't sleep... I just dream
>she abruptly opens the curtains and walks out
>light up a cigarette and walk slowly to my R.E. lesson
>slide into my seat at the back of the class
>they are discussing the afterlife
>I loudly announce that they're all racing towards a red light
>teacher asks if I can understand how the belief in an afterlife might provide solace for some people
>I tell him that fairytales aren't good for anybody
>he asks why I begrudge people the right to their own personal beliefs
>ask him "They gotta get together and tell each other stories that violate every law of the universe just to get through the goddamned day? What's that say about their reality?"
>"You haven't answered the question, Anon."
>"Then start asking the right fucking questions."
>tired of his low IQ, I take a beer out of my bag and crack it open
>"What are you doing?" he stammers
>"It's Thursday and it's past noon. On Thursdays I start drinking at noon. You don't get to interrupt that."
>he tries to confiscate my beer but I catch him in an arm lock
>he becomes vexed and slaps me around the back of my head
>I look him straight in the eye and tell him that prison is real fuckin' hard on people who hurt kids
>add "If you get the opportunity, you should kill yourself."
>silently walk out of class, pausing briefly at the door to give God the finger
>>
>>63575478
>Certain linguistic anthropologists think that religion is a language virus that rewrites pathways in the brain. Dulls critical thinking.
I'm not aware of any linguistic anthropologists that actually think this.
>>
'95 Rust was major league damaged and absolutely full of shit, you're not meant to think he's factually accurate, let alone agree with him with most of what he says
>>
File: TDFuck.gif (3 MB, 497x279) Image search: [Google]
TDFuck.gif
3 MB, 497x279
>tfw only 8 episodes of Rust

nothing will ever be the same
nothing will ever compare
nothing
>>
LOVE
TARS
LOVE
>>
>>63575712
i just rewatched the whole first season. it is so good. how did season 2 suck so bad?
>>
>>63575761
season 1 was pizzapizza's pet project, he had years to edit and re-write until it was perfect, season 2 was written in like a year

plus fukanaga or whatever the fuck his name is quit.
>>
>>63575478
>go to a church for your job
>filled with so much angst you can't shut up for five minutes you feel the need to comment about everyone there to someone who has already said they don't want to hear your stupid edgy teenage shit

Rust was autistic, that's the bottom line here.
>>
>>63576003
Autistic people can be very much in the truth, calling someone autistic doesn't refute their argument in any way
>>
>>63576097
Whatever you say edgelord.
>>
File: 9999999999999.png (101 KB, 400x285) Image search: [Google]
9999999999999.png
101 KB, 400x285
>>63576222
Rust is just cynical, not autistic. He's more open and honest than the average person, even if it does some cruel. Truth hurts, son.
>>
>>63575933
>plus fukanaga or whatever the fuck his name is quit.
I don't know what they were thinking replacing him with the guy who did some Fast and Furious movies
>>
>>63576341
>he's actually autistic enough to go to an anime convention to talk about how shit anime is

No in an autistic way he's not wrong but going to a place like that just so you can bitch out loud to yourself is beyond autistic.
>>
I'm an atheist but I wish Marty could've debated him on this a little more instead of just insulting him. The show does frame it as rust being in the right while Marty is yet another religious hypocrite who cheats on his wife and hits his kids
>>
>>63576449
There is nothing to debate.
Rust is right.
>>
>>63576449
>why didn't Marty talk to the guy he said he doesn't want to talk to when the guy sperges out about how much smarter he is than everyone else

>>63576485
>right and wrong with religion
Edgy.
>>
>>63575478

Yeah.

>>63575699

No it's more that he's just as fucked up as everyone else. Hence when Marty tells him "you sound kind of panicked." '95 Rust is Rust teetering on the edge of his beliefs. 2012 Rust is Rust fully believing the shit he touted in '95.
>>
>>63575478
No he wasn't and he basically outright says this in the finale.
>>
>>63575614
Have you done any research into this or are you basing this on your personal experiences with linguistic anthropologists?
>>
>>63576852

All he says in the finale is that he felt his daughter and father's presence and love as he was fading away. He didn't say "Hey Marty those Christians they got it all right."
>>
>>63576425
>but going to a place like that just so you can bitch out loud to yourself

they went there looking for a suspect or a lead in the Dora Lange case autismo, keep up
>>
>>63577076
You realize that makes it even more autistic right? He goes there for his job just to bitch about the people that are obviously going to be there? Don't get me wrong if I had to go to a trannie place I'd say to the guy next to me "what a bunch of freaks" but why would you say something to somebody that you know disagrees with you and you know is tired of hearing your shit? Are you autists just incapable of filtering anything you say?
>>
>>63577919
Yeah I wasn't saying it wasn't autistic, I was just saying he didn't go there just so that he could bitch out loud.
>>
>>63575712
Velcro > Rust
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.