[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no steve jobs >no bridge of spies >no in the heart
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 559x557) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 559x557
>no steve jobs
>no bridge of spies
>no in the heart of the sea
>mad max

Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
Here's the summary of Room from wikipedia. I thought it was pretty cool that they don't spoil it:

>A 5-year old boy Jack (Jacob Tremblay) and his young mother Ma (Brie Larson) are living in a small squalid room, crowded with a bed, toilet, bathtub and rudimentary kitchen. There are no windows, just one skylight in the ceiling. Gradually, it unfolds that they are captives of a man she calls Old Nick (Sean Bridgers). Up until the present, Ma has protected Jack from the reality of their situation, but Jack has reached the milestone of his 5th birthday and Ma knows he's old enough she can enlist him in a plan to escape. The second half of the film is about what happens after the escape plan is initiated.

It sounds cool. Anyone seen it?
>>
>>63524621
Yes, best movie of the year desu. Take a girl with you, it'll get you laid.
>>
>>63524621

The reviews for that made it sound great, and apparently Larson is a shoo-in for a Best Actress nom.
>>
>>63524564
the only missing contender is Bridge of Spies
I havent seen "Room" so I can't speak about it

But Spotlight, Fury Road, and Carol all belong up there
>>
>>63524688
>Fury Road
If that belongs there then so does Jurassic World
>>
File: 1390961916558.jpg (34 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
1390961916558.jpg
34 KB, 700x393
>>63524621
>It's a "premise" film
>>
>>63524720
If you can't understand why Fury Road is art and Jurrassic World isn't then you're a pleb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr6wdTPGFmI
>>
I think mad max is getting as much love as it is more so because its a throw back movie to when CGI wasn't a solution for stunts.
>>
>>63524688
It might be a surprise for you but Fury Road is considered one of the best films of the year.
>>
If Master & Commander could only pull third, Heart of the Sea doesn't belong on that list anyway.
>>
What the fuck is Carol?
What the fuck is Room?
What the fuck is Spotlight?

Just what the fuck is this faggot shit. The year isn't even over yet and they're picking best movies of the year already?
>>
>>63525179
>films
Movie, senpai
>>
>>63525111

I genuinely feel pity for the people who aren't well-versed enough in film language to perceive the brilliance of Fury Road. It is genuinely a rare case in what seems like an incredibly accessible action movie requires that you not be a pleb to appreciate its full quality.

>>63524720

I mean if people can't even see the distinction between the quality of filmmaking involved in Jurassic World and that in Fury Road it means they are probably not someone who has seen many movies
>>
File: 1448668384859.jpg (29 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
1448668384859.jpg
29 KB, 600x350
>>63525270
>He prefers capeshit

Get this nigga outta here
>>
>>63525285
It's a pointless distinction.
>>
>>63525179
by shills maybe, the real people saw through the shit fest.
>>
>>63525302
Now hold the fuck up. I didn't say I prefer cape shit, all I'm saying is that there's a bunch of literally unknown faggot shit on that list.

Mad Max isn't even a fucking Drama, why is it on there?
>>
>>63524564
The Golden Globes is a joke and does this every year. They give nominations to The Tourist and Burlesque just to attract more celebrities
>>
>>63525270
it's mid-december yo
and spotlight is getting fantastic reviews
>>
>Mad Max
>best picture

Popcorn trash. This generation of Neverland media consumers are the fucking worst.

At least in the past a spectacle film like Lawrence of Arabia had a little substance to it. Hell, even Titanic went the extra mile to be historically accurate in lieu of a shit love story.
>>
>>63525337
>literally unknown

You've got to be kidding me. Those 3 movies may not have had wide releases yet, but they are known to anyone who likes watching movies in a theater.
>>
>>63525374
I like watching movies in theaters, but I've got no fucking idea what those three movies are.
>>
>>63525337

>doesn't know Carol
>isn't familiar with one of the most respected and most talented directors currently alive

you sound like someone with a pretty small interest in movies so why are you getting all upset

>>63525371

>trashes Fury Road
>goes on to praise Titanic

you have absolutely disgusting suburban white girl taste in movies mate. anyone who can endure sitting through Titanic is someone with absolute garbage taste
>>
>>63524683
She's the shoo-in for the entire win, actually.
>>
>>63524564
>The Room
MY BOY TOMMY DID IT
>>
>>63525397
they've been talked about for months and are all getting strong reviews
it's not the golden globes' fault that you're a fucking ignoramus
>>
>>63525371
>This generation of Neverland media consumers are the fucking worst.
Go back 2 IMDB
>>
File: sean.jpg (129 KB, 1169x843) Image search: [Google]
sean.jpg
129 KB, 1169x843
>>63525371
>Popcorn x
Worst thing I've ever read on /tv/
>>
>>63525416
>most respected and most talented directors currently alive

Nigger, Todd Haynes is a name I've never even heard of. And Carol is filled with a fucking female cast, I'm not watching that faggot shit.
>>
>>63525416
Not that anon, but Titanic and Fury Road are basically the same stupid movie. Both have chases and 'splosions. They both have one-sided bad guys in pursuit of an object. Both have great visual effects.

Both are action movies that try to have a little depth. They're essentially the same thing, except one is on water and the other is in the desert.
>>
>>63525371
what do you mean "in lieu of a shit love story"
it had a shit love story
that was the point of the movie
>>
>>63525488

again, just like being able to detect the quality of an author's writing abilities if you have much experience with reading books, it's just as possible to detect someone's technical abilities as a filmmaker. if you cannot see a difference between the skill involved in Fury Road and Titanic then you're a hopeless case mate.
>>
>>63525440
started from the bottom, now here
>>
>>63525485

>Never heard of Todd Haynes or Carol

This isn't exactly The Duke of Burgundy, Todd Haynes is like two steps above Fincher in terms of art-house obscurity.
>>
File: miffed.jpg (40 KB, 600x426) Image search: [Google]
miffed.jpg
40 KB, 600x426
>>63525488
>Titanic and Fury Road are basically the same stupid movie
What am I fucking reading
What version of the titanic did you fucking watch.
>>
>>63525516
>Aussie B movie director George Miller
>better than BASED Jim Cameron

And I'm the fucking pleb?
>>
>>63524564
Please. The real crime is that there is no Brooklyn
>>
>The Golden Globes thinks The Martian and The Big Short are comedies
>>
>>63524564
>Fury Road
>bad

Little White Lies (top 20 movies of the year):
8. Mad Max Fury Road

Time Out London:
4. Mad Max Fury Road

Eric Kohn (Indiewire):
6. Mad Max Fury Road

John Waters:
5. Mad Max Fury Road

Sight & Sound:
3. Mad Max Fury Road

Cahiers du Cinema:
5. Mad Max Fury Road

Manohla Dargis (The New York Times):
1. The Assassin / Mad Max Fury Road

A.O. Scott (The New York Times):
8. Mad Max Fury Road

Fandor:
1. Mad Max Fury Road
>>
>>63525659
Yeah.
>>
>>63525726
The only decent reviewer on that list is AO Scott and he didn't even put it in the top 5
>>
>>63525807
Can you please name your favorite reviewers? And Fandor and Sight & Sound lists are based on polls.
>>
>no sicario
I really liked that movie. Bridge scene was tense as fuck.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.