[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Vampyre movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
File: 368011_large.jpg (33 KB, 700x477) Image search: [Google]
368011_large.jpg
33 KB, 700x477
What are the best Vampyre movies?
There's a screening of Herzog's Nosferatu I am going to see tomorrow night and I wanted to see some other versions before I do. So /tv/ what are the best vampyre movies?
>>
>>63497324
Love Herzog's. Might be my favorite version. His style at the time with Popol Vuh's music is so unique. Enjoy the screening.

Herzog's movie is an odd meshing of the original Nosferatu movie (featuring some of the same exact locations) and the original Stoker novel (which many other movies follow more closely).

The 1958 Dracula (with Christopher Lee) is another one worth seeing. The old Nosferatu is worth seeing at least once, but didn't age well imo. Check out the first "Dracula" movie from 1931 is cool too.

This list looks good. I haven't seen the other '58 Dracula before.
http://www.chillertv.com/friday13/the-13-best-dracula-movies
>>
>>63497918
I've seen the Murnau version recently and the '58 version when I was a kid at some point but I should give it a re-watch. I remember it being slightly comedic in tone which I didn't expect from a horror movie. A lot of the stuff from that list seems to devolve into camp genre stuff too, which seems weird given the nature of the original story.
>>
>>63497324
Shadow of the Vampire (should watch Nosferatu first)
Let the Right One In (hipster answer but really one of the best vampire movies ever)
John Carpenter's Vampires (come at me)
>>
File: shadows-quad.jpg (257 KB, 1500x1050) Image search: [Google]
shadows-quad.jpg
257 KB, 1500x1050
Check out Things we do in the shadows
Its fucking amazing, and i'm not even a big fan of vampires
>>
The Spanish language version of Dracula from 1931
>>
>>63497324
Maybe someone can help me with this too

When I was younger I watched a Dracula (I'm pretty sure it was Dracula) at my grandmothers house
It stood out to me as very violent and bloody, though I was quite young
I've been looking for it for a while
Some things I remember:
>I think there was a threesome scene with Dracula and two female vampires
>at one point a girl is in a room and blood just pours out of everywhere
>there's a scene in a movie theater, or at the screening of a movie with a wolf
>I think Van Helsing was in it

Maybe I'm mixing up movies or its just my imagination but I really want to find it
>>
>>63498415
>girl in a room with blood pouring out everywhere
Sounds like Bram Stokers Dracula.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onbiOVpX0_w
>>
File: Tanz der Vampire.png (532 KB, 1024x432) Image search: [Google]
Tanz der Vampire.png
532 KB, 1024x432
>>63497324
The Fearless Vampire Killers one of my favorite movies.
>>
>>63498271
this.
>>
>>63498197
Let the right one in is pedophile shit
You should be ashamed and chemically castrated for recommending it
>>
>>
Decker vs. Dracula
>>
Bram Stoker's Dracula is awesome if you turn off the sound and put on just the movie's soundtrack so it becomes a silent film.
>>
File: fright-night.jpg (455 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
fright-night.jpg
455 KB, 1000x1500
Fright Night is Fun Tier.

Haven't seen the remake but I hear it's actually not bad.
>>
File: nd.jpg (223 KB, 400x609) Image search: [Google]
nd.jpg
223 KB, 400x609
>>
>>63500146

I like this one a lot. It's such a strange and uncomfortable movie that it really does feel like a legitimate horror.

It's not even 'scary', really, I was just left watching it anticipating what the fuck it was gonna do next.
>>
>>63500212
Fright Night is one of my favorite movies overall. It just feels so 80's yet holds up fairly well. The specially effects/puppetry is surprisingly good too!

I rewatched the remake this year, and while it may be worth watching just to see what they did differently (FYI nearly every change is for the worse), don't feel bad for having not seen it.
>>
>>63498197

Carpenter's Vampires is the most underrated vampire movie of all time
>>
File: cronos.jpg (9 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
cronos.jpg
9 KB, 214x317
>>
>>63500357
Carpenter is pretty much always incredible.
>>
Dracula (1931)
Horror of Dracula (1958)
Nosferatu (1979)
Dracula (1979)
The Brides of Dracula (1960)

Dracula isn't actually in the last one but Peter Cushing is such a bad ass in this.
>>
Daybreakers
>>
My best friends a vampire
>>
>>63500190

There's so much I love and hate about this movie. First, there's Keanu Reeves. Second, I love Anthony Hopkins, but he was a terrible Van Helsing.
>>
>>63497324
Spelling it wrong is cool. I'm a magick vampyre daemon lorde.
>>
File: 98356789009.jpg (375 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
98356789009.jpg
375 KB, 700x520
>>63500697
He doesn't seem so terrible when you compare him to this.
>>
>>63500827

>Talking shit about best Dracula

Faggot
>>
>>63497324
This is objectively the only list of worthwhile vampire films in order.

1. Nosferatu, 1922 (including Herzog's version under its onus, it can't exist without the original but is much better than any other 'remake')
2. Vampyr, 1932
3. Dracula, 1931
4. Horror of Dracula, 1958
5. Nadja, 1994
6. Blade, 1998
7. Let the Right One In, 2008

That's it, everything else is totally unnecessary.
>>
Anybody seen that 30 Days of Night movie? I remember it being decent but I saw it years ago. If I watch it again will it be shit?
>>
>>63500827
Van Helsing deserves more love
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.