[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
spooks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Mr._Jones_Poster.jpg (153 KB, 560x828) Image search: [Google]
Mr._Jones_Poster.jpg
153 KB, 560x828
Recommend me some newer horror films, I want to get spooked. Preferably unsettling and scary atmosphere, jump scares are ok if it doesn't rely on them all the time.

Pic related what I latest saw. I liked it a lot in the beginning/middle, was really unsettling, but it dropped the ball hard once they got back to the house again and the trippy shit started.
>>
File: spook lords.png (523 KB, 700x569) Image search: [Google]
spook lords.png
523 KB, 700x569
bump for spooks
>>
"creep"
>>
File: seventh continent.png (699 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
seventh continent.png
699 KB, 1024x576
"the witch" comes out next February 26th

Also, I would highly reccommend you see Micheal Haneke's film "The Seventh Continent". It's based on a true story of an austrian family, which he saw in the newspaper. I reccommend the film because I feel it is prophetic in depicting an inhumane, cold, callous, mechanistic capitalist society in which life is not worth one's while.

As we are gripped in the teeth of the oligarchic elite, more and more human lives are deemed disposable for the sake of maximized profit.

Just check out the sociologists' series "Disposable Life" if you want more information on the real life horror movie from which we cannot escape:

https://vimeo.com/100582971

https://vimeo.com/96564158

Zizek claims that around 80% of the human population will be rendered unnecessary by advances in automatons/computations/algorithms. This is already happening to employees on wall street.
https://vimeo.com/94658381
>>
File: 1447044421043.png (34 KB, 852x674) Image search: [Google]
1447044421043.png
34 KB, 852x674
>>63478250
>Zizek claims
why not quote Nostradamus if you're at it

The Borderlands, also known as Final Prayer is decent
recently a lot of horror movies take the comedic route, and fail completely
>>
>>63477337
What are some good horror movies as of recent that do well with body horror?
>>
>>63477337
Kill List
>>
>>63478560
Spring
but calling it good would be an overstatement
>>
I'm trying to remember the title of a movie I saw fairly recently.

>guy inherits bed'nbreakfast
>meets girl there
>girl is actually ghost
>girl was killed by his parents in some ritual
>he sees this monster in an owlmask out in the forest
>his friend kills him for the same ritual at the end of the movie

Anybody?
>>
File: methane hydrate release.jpg (48 KB, 575x444) Image search: [Google]
methane hydrate release.jpg
48 KB, 575x444
>>63478509
There's also the other 30 or so sociologists of that series who reveal actual evidence that the greater majority of human life has been deemed disposable, in addition to Zizek. So don't worry friend, you're fated for the trash-can like the rest of us. ;)

Head of Cambridge's Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, Peter Wadhams explains in this interview, that current generations have no future, due to a 50 gigaton release of methane currently in the process of releasing from the warming Arctic sea-floor, which will abruptly increase global temperatures, triggering the plummeting of crop yields, inducing economic collapse, and without steady circulation of economic resources, the world's 440+ nuclear reactors will be without the necessary materials for cooling purposes, leading to eventual melt-down, and releasing ionizing radiation into the biosphere destroying all life on earth (their generators won't last long).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xdOTyGQOso
>>
>>63478752
climate changes
people adapt
>>
>>63477337
>Pic related what I latest saw. I liked it a lot in the beginning/middle, was really unsettling, but it dropped the ball hard once they got back to the house again and the trippy shit started.
dem titties though
>>
>>63478752
http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/31661-mass-extinction-it-s-the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it

The human body cannot adapt to the absence of food, the absence of potable water, the absence of temperatures allowing for thermoregulation, and the overwhelming confrontation with radioactive isotopes.

You are experiencing cognitive denial because you cannot cope with the hopelessness of our situation.
>>
>>63478560

Check out Clown. It's more of a black comedy so it might not be exactly, but it's got some great (and absurdly hilarious) body horror stuff going on.

Great little movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNtZu-3di38
>>
>>63478560

Check out Honeymoon.
>>
>>63479389
I watched honeymoon on saturday, great movie
>>
>>63477337
your moms sex tape
>>
>>63479389

That movie blew. It was just lazy.

MUH ALIUMS
>>
>>63479389
>>63479359
>>63478665
define "body horror"
>>
>>63479607

Body horror, biological horror, organic horror or venereal horror is horror fiction in which the horror is principally derived from the graphic destruction or degeneration of the body. Such works may deal with decay, disease, parasitism, mutation, or mutilation.
>>
>>63478864
Totally agree with you. I thought it was surprisingly great considering and I really liked it. THENNNN...the final act comes up. Here's the thing; I love and live for abstract/surreal shit, but they just didn't know how to handle it and walk the line. I feel they could've gone deeper or even crazier on top of handling it smoother, instead it just goes full tryhard student film.
>>
Goodnight Mommy
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.