[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions about the prequels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: boss nass.jpg (79 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
boss nass.jpg
79 KB, 768x432
There are currently 23 threads about Star Wars on this board so I'm sorry for saturating it more but maybe you guys can help.

I just watched the prequels for the first time since watching them as a kid and wrote down some questions I have about each film as it was playing. Maybe you can help me answer some? I plan to do the same with the originals which I haven't watched for years either. I'll organize them by each episode. Partially chronological but I did go back and add some in after each film:
>>
Ep 1 Questions
-Who cares about trade routes and taxes?
-Why did they hire such a bad actor to play anakin?
-Why does the podracing look really good for CG and all the creatures look like crap?
-why does the sith set up a trap to try and locate the jedis even though the next scene they say they know where they are
-why does darth maul just stand there and get chopped in half?
-if the high ground is so important in episode 3 why doesn't maul chop off all of obi wan's limbs in mid air?
-Why do they run so quick to escape the droidikas or are able to force jump so fast but obi wan can't run fast enough through the lazers to help Kui Gon?
-what's the point in the blockade if all you need is a working shield, something that even the stupid gungan's clearly have?
-why did kui gon take anakin to the retaking of naboo, the child in which he states in his last breaths is clearly imporant in surviving when he could have just left him at home and picked him up later?
>>
-when landing on coruscant why did they land on a floating pad where they'd have to take another ship to get off? why not just land on a pad on a building or on the ground?
-was the use of midichlorians in making a virgin mother role really needed? couldn't anakin just have been powerful without all that crap?
>>
Ep2 Questions
-Why is the bitchy archive lady so stubborn in saying the cloning planet doesn't exist when a like 6 year old jedi trainee knew it might have been deleted? and why can't obi wan figure this possibility out for himself?
-Why did they shoehorn a love story into this so badly?
-why is love between a jedi and a senator forbidden? he clearly says there are loopholes around love and she never explains why she can't
-Why is Obi Wan so annoyed that anakin is reckless despite being trained by Jinn, one of the most reckless jedis ever?
-Why does Obi Wan say the purpose was to protect the senator only to then jump out of a window after the droid? Leaving padame without protection
-or Why didn't Jango Fett take this opportunity and just shoot that dart at padame or even shoot her to begin with?
-Why does Obi Wan not like anakin being reckless and then jump out of a window?
>>
-Why does Obi Wan say he doesn't mind flying but that what anakin was doing was suicide right after he jumped out of a window?
-why is the assassin a shape shifter?
-Why didn't they shape shift into something else when they lost sight of her in the bar?
-Why do they let droids look through the windows again later on even though that's how the othe assassination attempt was done?
-Why did they risk so many jedis lives and not just use the clones to begin with to save obi, ani and padame?
-Did Yoda REALLY need to be given a light saber Lucas?
-WHY couldn't Dooku and Yoda settle it with the knowledge of the force, instead using light sabers?
-Why was yoda, a wise and old sage like character commanding an army? Was there nobody else more suited to this task? aka windu or literally any other jedi
>>
-why does the jedi council think its a good idea to use an army that they don't know the real reason why it was created but know it wasn't with the councils permission? then continue to use it unquestionably?
>>
File: why.png (650 KB, 840x552) Image search: [Google]
why.png
650 KB, 840x552
Ep3 Questions
-what do they mean there are heroes on both sides?
-why does Lucas keep up the ignorance about palpatine being darth sidious when it is so obvious?
-why is the first 10 minutes full of jokes when they are going to face the man who nearly killed both of them once and chopped off anakin's arm?
-Why does Obi Was tell palpatine that "sith lords are our speciality" when the sith haven't been around for years and he literally only killed 1 before?
-Was it really necessary for Dooku to do a front flip over the balcony instead of just walk down the stairs next to him?
-when palpatine asks anakin "remember what you told me about our mother and the sand people" and then there is a distant noise of a tuskan raider cry, why is this so funny?
-why does grievous have a chronic cough until his lightsaber fight where he's suddenly ok? (if it's to make his enemy underestimate him then why does he cough on his own in the escape pod?)
-why does grievous talk to himself in the escape pod?
-why does obi wan say they are in the atmosphere AFTER they already begin burning up? surely he knows that burning up means you hit the atmosphere already as a jedi knight?
-why is palpatines dialogue so damn stupid in this one?
-god damn it why is jar jar in this film again and STILL a member of the senate
-even though anakin was a snarky kid in asking, why did windu not answer his question about not being a master but still on the council? If they didn't want the true assignment to be noticed wouldn't it appear less suspect if you made him a master, even for a short period of time?
-how did they manage to string this interstellar political shite across all three films?
-Why is everybody clapping at a big ball of goo show in the senate hall in the middle of a massive war?
>>
-why did the wookie do a tarzan yell when swinging onto the droid vehicle? Are you for real george?
-does nobody wonder why padame is suddenly pregnant?
-why did obi think that sneaking up behind grievous, not to attack but to reveal himself was a good idea?
-how does palpatine know that padame is going to die?
-seriously why is palpatine's dialogue so bad?
-was a single clone not interigated to find out about all these orders including order 66 and what they mean before they could be carried out?
-why should I care about all these nobody jedi's dying? Even the ones I do know from the council were kind of assholes
-if yoda can jump 6ft in the air and decapetate 2 troopers why does he need a walking stick?
-does anybody really think "take care of you" means anything other than he is coming to kill you? Why are the seperatists so stupid and naive of their death?
-why is sidious' voice so inconsistant?
-why does sidious think everything is so fucking funny?
-why are all the structures on mustafar melting? Wouldn't you build stuff on a lava planet out of heat restistant materials or just not build? why is it all melting at the point of the fight anyway?
-if obi wan loved anakin why did he let him burn and suffer and not just put him out his mysery and kill him?
-you're seriously gonna carry a burn victim uncovered in the rain? what?
-why did all 3 films centre around coruscant, the most boring planet in the entire galaxy?
-was hiding the child with the uncle, who anakin knows where he lives really a good idea? and keeping the same last name?
-if anakin hates sand (it's coarse and gets everywhere) so much and hates sand people why doesn't he blow up tatooine along with all his bad memories of his past?
-Are we really to assume that between the end of 3 and 4 that Palpatine continued to have support for his cause and their wasn't a political uprising?
>>
dude its just a movie lmao
>>
>>63450505

this post made my day.

the work the dude must have put into writing all that shit down.

and then that answer

yes
>>
>>63450505

/thread

hope that clears some things up for you OP!
>>
>>63450505
this tbqh
>>
holy shit do you do this with every film you watch?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.