[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Loved Creed particularly Stallone giving a more emotional Rocky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: sylvester-stallone-young.jpg (159 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
sylvester-stallone-young.jpg
159 KB, 1280x1280
Loved Creed particularly Stallone giving a more emotional Rocky like the first three movies. What are some good Stallone movies with him putting in some solid acting.
>>
File: Cop_land_movie_poster.jpg (28 KB, 298x431) Image search: [Google]
Cop_land_movie_poster.jpg
28 KB, 298x431
>>
I would say Copland, he's not the typical Stallone in that.
>>
>>63447592
>Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the airport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me, huh? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

i think that whole scene is one of the best performances he ever did
>>
Cliffhanger
>>
90% of his movies.

The script may be bad, but Sly does work.
>>
F.I.S.T

somewhat unfortunately named, but a good movie loosely based on Jimmy Hoffa (not an action movie abviously)
>>
>>63447685
I did forget to mention Rambo. He did so well in the first one then the sequels just became action movies.

I'll check out Copland, thanks b r e h s.
>>
>>63447592
Okay sly it's been out a few weeks stop promoting your fucking shit movie
>>
>>63447592
expendables 7
>>
>>63447592
First Blood
>>
File: 4266932.jpg (938 KB, 1257x1920) Image search: [Google]
4266932.jpg
938 KB, 1257x1920
Say what you want about the sequels but First Blood was pretty emotional and had some good acting from Stallone. The final scene in the police station gets me on the verge of tears every time.
>>
File: sly nighthawks.jpg (13 KB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
sly nighthawks.jpg
13 KB, 640x344
Is Nighthawks any good?
>>
>>63447701
Watched this for the first time about a week ago. Really good movie.
>>
>>63448563
It's very good.

Hauer Vs. Sly, would be impossible for it not to be.

Sly is actually understated in this, kind of refreshing.
>>
File: 1362362023.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1362362023.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Italian Stallion
>>
>>63448701
I would call it ... solid performance.
>>
Cliffhanger
>>
I feel like Stallone fucked up when he typecasted himself as an action hero to try and compete with Arnold

He could have been a lot more
>>
Over The Top is one of my favorite "So Bad It's Good" movies and it's about a trucker trying to bond with his little shithead son while being an armwrestler. But Stallone gives a surprisingly sincere and too hammy performance in it (unless you count the faces he makes when he's arm wrestling), it actually touches me at times.

Check it out as well for the recently deceased Robert Loggia who plays the kid's rich grandfather who doesn't want Stallone to have custody of the kid. He's gloriously hammy in it, nearly every scene he's in has him in a vein popping rage.
>>
>>63447744

>shit movie

You clearly haven't seen it. It might be the strongest Rocky movie yet, barring the first two.

Nice dubs tho
>>
>>63449148
*not too hammy performance
>>
>>63448701
full e-jack
>>
File: Stop-OMMWS-DVD1.jpg (224 KB, 819x1165) Image search: [Google]
Stop-OMMWS-DVD1.jpg
224 KB, 819x1165
>>
>>63449798
Woah!
>>
First Blood
Cop Land
Get Carter
>>
>>63449096
He is a pretty smart guy. Watching his interviews is crazy.
>>
>>63450098
Any in particular?
>>
File: BigGuy.png (621 KB, 901x406) Image search: [Google]
BigGuy.png
621 KB, 901x406
Over The Top got me leaking man tears at times.
>>
>>63450168
This one is really cool how he talks about coming up with Rocky.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJvPD2u3YBI

This one is cool, more personal. He talks about how his dad called him the dumbest kid in the world kek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8JodWJre8M
>>
>Remember Danforth? He wore this black headband and I took one of those magic markers and I said to Feron, "Hey mail us to Las Vegas" cause we were always talking about Vegas, and this fucking car. This red '58 Chevy convertible, he was talking about this car, he said we were gonna cruise till the tires fall off. We were in this bar in Saigon and this kid comes up, this kid carrying a shoe-shine box. And he says "Shine, please, shine!" I said no. He kept asking, yeah, and Joey said "Yeah." And I went to get a couple of beers, and the box was wired, and he opened up the box, fucking blew his body all over the place. And he's laying there, he's fucking screaming. There's pieces of him all over me, just...like this, and I'm trying to pull him off, you know, my friend that's all over me! I've got blood and everything and I'm trying to hold him together! The guy's fucking insides keep coming out! And nobody would help! Nobody would help! He's saying, "I wanna go home! I wanna go home!" He keeps calling my name! "I wanna go home, Johnny! I wanna drive my Chevy!" I said "With what? I can't find your fucking legs! I can't find your legs!"
>>
>>63450411
In the second interview he also says he was the 11th choice to play Rambo.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.