[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we discuss the shortcomings of this show without resorting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 575x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 575x284
Can we discuss the shortcomings of this show without resorting to
>m-muh SJW
>m-muh strong female protagonist
>B L A C K E D

I feel like the show has such a slow startup and doesn't get going until Kilgrave becomes a real immediate threat. Then it loses all steam when he kidnaps his dad. The show ends on such a mediocre note.

Character relationships are so wonky. Trish and Jess both seem to fucking hate Simpson even before he goes full Nuke. I get that Jessica's whole point is being a bitch, but her interactions with Malcolm don't make me think of her as hard-shelled and distant, it makes me think she's unlikable.

The fact Jessica especially can't sympathize with Nuke is pretty stupid considering her character is all guilty about actions she couldn't control. Surely she'd understand his condition, no?

[Spoiler]Nuke killing Clemens is so out-of-character, even considering that he's been /r/RedPilled. He got what he wanted, why not just leave him there?

The penultimate episode is really shit. It's almost like a filler episode right up until the end. The last episode is reaaaally bad, and the final battle is the least climactic thing I've seen. Not even in other shows--it's the least climactic thing IN Jessica Jones. The show could have ended on a higher note when Kilgrave escapes with Hogarth. But it has to end with so much nothing.

The plot is so thinly-spread throughout 13 episodes. Every episode is catch-and-release, catch-and-release. Daredevil had a lot of smaller obstacles to get over, so each episode could include a "victory" of sorts. Jessica's only hurdle is Kilgrave and she jumps over it each episode only to trip backwards.
It's not a terrible show by any means. But its flaws are so hard to get over.
>>
>Killgrave doesn't know about BBCman's powers
>presumes making him blow up his bar will kill him
>gives him orders to carry out afterwards anyway

care to explain?
>>
i'm surprised anyone got that far. i watch a lot of mediocre shows but this one was so god damn cliche ridden and with a doe eyed idiot for a lead actress, i couldn't get past the first 2 episodes.
>>
>>63446800
>Can we discuss the shortcomings of this show

Theres a lot. The overall myopic plotting only concerned with Kilgrave was a problem. Jessica was a shit protagonist.

Why did Jeri's lover showing up at exes house at exactly the right time? She rattled off some excuse but narratively it was a huge stretch just to get her there.

The sister following Malcolm to the meeting and somehow knowing everyone's name and rallying them against Jessica. She doesn't freak out about Malcolm's admission of her brothers murder or even think to go to police. Somehow she knows about Kilgrave and just buys that this mystery villain was behind it, but also still hates Jessica Jones.
And she's the one to knock Jessica out with a plank of wood

No broken necks from anyone when the entire group hangs themselves. I guess the writers think they're supposed to suffocate? Even if the ropes were too short-why? No lasting consequences.

Cops don't notice apparent rope burns on every witness afterwards.

Simpson literally tells her about the blue pills. When Patsy's down, Jess doesn't try to locate them. Yeah he threw em out the window or something but maybe Jessica can use her superpowers to jump down there real fast and get em.

Luke- "Do i need to know what happened here?" After getting back to JJ's apartment following the Simpson stuff
Jessica-"NO!"
But... he does. Especially immediately after her "I'm so sorry for not being trustworthy."

Patsy has important news! People are dying left and right! But Luke's cute, go do your thing girl lmao, nm.

Luke struggling to punch through or damage a car door as if he was a normal human.
>>
>>63446853
I thought the whole point was that he DID know about his powers. I assumed Kilgrave told Luke to lie.

I'm more confused as to how Jessica was able to just assume that Kilgrave was using his dad to strengthen his powers. Maybe I missed something? Or maybe she just read the script?
>>
>>63446800

I agree with all the criticisms but I still enjoyed it.

This was solely because of the extreme and unique threat presented by Kilgrave. None of the characters or their relationships would have been interesting without him to bounce off, but....
>>
>>63447041
I think Kilgrave is really the only thing saving the show from being an unmitigated mess. Which is why, when the tone shifts and his motivations go from obsessing over his love for Jessica to "I wanna be a super strong bad guy and kill Jessica Jones muahahaha" it loses its momentum.
>>
>>63446800
No because if you think it's terrible in any way you're a woman hating, neckbearded virgin who will die alone.
>>
>>63447162
Meh. I watched the show straight through with my girlfriend and she agreed with me.
>>
How the hell does anyone think it's better than daredevil is beyond me
>>
>sex scene
>>
All drama is derived from characters being stupid.
>>
>>63448274
I have affleck related PTSD in regards to anything related to daredevil. I will never be able to watch the daredevil series.
>>
I like the part where Kilgrave makes Luke fuck his ass to make Jessica jealous.
>>
B L ACKED
Watching this jewshit = cvcked. That is all reddit.
>>
>>63446800
I watched it.

I really don't get what the fuss was about this on /tv/, it felt even more average than most tv shows.

It had no spirit or anything that felt "good".

Also sex scenes, muh big black cock nigguh and girl power is a bit too much.
>>
>Muh womyn strong!
>Killgore is literally a kek
>2015
>Watching capeshit

C'mon son
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.