[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was born in 1997, what is this? Is it a good movie? You're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: The_Land_Before_Time_poster.jpg (38 KB, 296x443) Image search: [Google]
The_Land_Before_Time_poster.jpg
38 KB, 296x443
I was born in 1997, what is this? Is it a good movie?

You're going to say "underage!!!" or "That shit wasn't just 90s, it was still popular in the early 2000s, how could you not know it?", but the thing is, I don't remember anything from ages 3-6 other than floating shapes, colors, and drinking from a sippy cup.
>>
>>63404849
>Judith Eva Barsi (June 6, 1978 – July 25, 1988) was an American child actress of the mid to late 1980s. She began her career in television, making appearances in commercials and television shows, and later appeared in the films Jaws: The Revenge, The Land Before Time, and All Dogs Go to Heaven, supplying the voice for animated characters in the latter two.
>As Judith's career success increased, József became increasingly abusive, jealous, and paranoid, and would routinely threaten to kill himself, Maria, and Judith. His alcoholism worsened, and resulted in three separate arrests for drunk driving.[2] In December 1986, Maria reported his threats and physical violence toward her to the police. After they found no physical signs of abuse, she eventually decided not to press charges against him.[2]
>After the incident, József reportedly stopped drinking, but continued to threaten Maria and Judith, which included threats of cutting their throats as well as burning down the house. He reportedly hid a telegram informing Maria that a relative in Hungary had died, in an attempt to prevent her and Judith from leaving America.[6] Physical violence continued, with Judith telling a friend about him throwing pots and pans at her, resulting in a nosebleed.[7] Due to his abuse, she began putting on weight[6] and exhibited disturbing behavior, which included plucking out all her eyelashes and pulling out her cat's whiskers.[2] After breaking down in front of her agent during a singing audition for All Dogs Go to Heaven, she was taken by Maria to a child psychologist, who identified severe physical and emotional abuse and reported her findings to Child Protective Services.[2]
>>
>>63404849
I really enjoyed it.

But I was 5-6.
>>
>>63404906
>The investigation was dropped after Maria assured the case worker that she intended to begin divorce proceedings against József and that she and Judith were going to move into a Panorama City apartment she had recently rented as a daytime haven from him.[8] Friends urged her to follow through with the plan, but she resisted, reportedly because she did not want to lose the family home and belongings.[2]
>Judith was last seen riding her bike on the morning of July 25, 1988.[3] That evening, József shot her in the head while she was sleeping, and then Maria.[5] He spent the next two days wandering around the house,[3] and said during a phone conversation with Judith's agent the next night that he intended to move out for good, and just needed time to "say goodbye to my little girl."[2] He then poured gasoline on the bodies and set them on fire.[9] After incinerating the bodies, he went to the garage and shot himself in the head with a .32 caliber pistol.[10][11] On August 9, 1988, Judith and Maria were interred at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Los Angeles.[12]
>>
>>63404849
>I was born in 1997

This is the new meme, isn't it? It's not very clever.
>>
>>63404849
Back then they made children's movie's with actual sadness and tragedy in them, not like the watered down PC crap you get today. I find the sad parts in these movies makes the hopefull/happy parts stronger... can't have the good with the bad

1:50 in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbW8GgAWKi8&t=1m50s
>>
It's great. Don't watch >>63405002. Just watch the movie.
>>
>>63405063
Yeah sorry boss should have blacked/spoilered that out
>>
fuck....
watch them OP. i know you had great movies growing up too. but you deserve to watch these fantastic films. at least the first couple.
>>
>>63405137
You're pluralizing. The first Land Before Time is the ONLY good one. Part 2 turns into a shitty musical. The first had a great story with depth and really good animation. There may be 40 of the fucking things but the first one is the only one that matters.
>>
Sweet mercyful lord strain no more on my soul. This was my FAVORITE film when I was a kid. I must have watched it 50 times. Then i watched it again once when I was 18 and I cried several times throughout the film. I aint even a girl. The movie is so beautiful and emotionally laden. It doesn't hide any of sadness and pain we must all face in life.

Never seen any of the others, they almost certainly aren't as good. The Land Before Time is THE BEST animated film ever.
>>
its good but why are you blogging op? kill yourself instead
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.