[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 billionth star wars thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: star wars 3 6.jpg (349 KB, 1278x1104) Image search: [Google]
star wars 3 6.jpg
349 KB, 1278x1104
Which fight was more emotional? I've always loved the episode 6 fight because of how climactic it was, but it seems like the hatred between Anakin and Obi-Wan was more rooted in their long history as friends. Your opinions?
>>
>>63399890
Wait, when was it established that Anakin and Obi Wan were actual friends? Didn't they always complain about each other in the prequels?
>>
>>63399890
>always loved the episode 6 fight because of how climactic it was, but it seems like the hatred between Anakin and Obi-Wan was more rooted in their long history as friends.

Pretty much this. Emotionally speaking I have to give it to RotJ,

Although "you were the chosen one" almost ties it. I know it's hip to be contrarian here and see who can out hate the other, but the final fight is between Anakin and Obi-Wan is definitely one of the things they really got right in the prequel trilogy.
>>
>>63399967
*tips meme*
>>
>>63399967
They were good friends
>>
>>63399967
Obi Wan trained Anakin
Against the Jedi Counsel (Yoda) wishes
>>
>>63399890

The Sith fight tries to be emotional but falls flat because you don't ever actually see them being close friends. It also goes on for way too long and is too meticulously choreographed to have any real emotion
>>
I feel like whenever I go to these fucking Star Wars threads its fat neckbeards in trilbies trying to LARP at being Plinkett, basically restating all of his points over and over again with no goal in mind whatsoever. They were awful movies. Get over it, or embrace it like I do. Better yet, watch the Clone Wars, something of the prequel content that's actually pretty fun. And go suck a dick while you're at it.
>>
>>63399890
the fight between padme's double keira knightley san and her inability to act. seux much pain... frustration.. anger..
>>
Anakin vs. Obi-Wan is great up until the lava goes crazy. Then it's just CG spectacle trailer bait bullshit

>>63399967
Watch TCW. They're real friends there
>>
>>63400021
It isn't hip, contrarian, or memeing to say that the prequels were bad. They are poor films, and there's no need to reiterate the never ending list of reasons why here.

There are problems with the final fight. The scenes between Yoda and Sidious interrupt the real show and diminish the significance of what's happening between Anakin and Obi-Wan. Their fighting is over the top, particularly the part where they twirl their lightsabers around like batons and fail to strike even the opponents blade, let alone each other.

The music was fantastic as always, totally perfect for the mood, but even this long awaited moment in the franchise couldn't make up for Lucas' complete lack of film making skill.
>>
>>63400155
Hey, George.
>>
>>63400261
You forget the sad truth that George has no idea who Plinkett is. 15 years without the internet.
>>
>>63400221
All of the Volcano stuff was "miniature" backgrounds, and some of the shots were from an actual exploding volcano they went and filmed.

Literally above and beyond what they could have done for a fight on a lava planet.
>>
File: pol forever.jpg (212 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pol forever.jpg
212 KB, 1920x1080
>>63400155
>>63400221
>>63400232
>>63400261
>>63400300
>>63400412
DARTH /POL/ WILL CLAIM THE PREQUELS AND THE SEQUELS!

You fags think your pathetic light side will rule? HAH! The /pol/ will soon rule /tv/ and all of 4chan, reddit, and even the foul swamps of 9gag! It is forseen!

You don't know the power of the /pol/ side!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.