[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will they ever make an adult centric movie with Pixar / Dreamworks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Will they ever make an adult centric movie with Pixar / Dreamworks quality animation?

Or will it always be
>muh box office potential
>>
Monsters Inc, Cars, MU, The incredibles, UP

Are very adult centric package with a kiddie giftwrap to trap kids into watching it.
>>
by pixar/dreamworks i'm going to assume you mean high-budget CGI from a big studio, and not indie animation.

it's honestly what i want most in the world, but sadly it's always gonna be muh box office potential at the big studios, so unless someone comes in with an radical idea that would surely rake in lots of muns, we're pretty shit outta luck. they have huge staff to pay and those high quality renders take so many hours to produce.

would use one of my 3 wishes for a good one. for the time being we just have to content ourselves with the rare animated feature not full of shitty talking animals and trailers with awful pharell music.

>sighs and pops Ratatouille DVD back in
>>
Probably not. It's just not in the DNA of American animation. Animation is only considered acceptable there if it's a kids' movie, family movie or adult comedy.
>>
>>63370531
When the aliens saved them and said: The Claw I couldnt hold on anymore and started to cry like a bitch.

>mfw im a marine
>had to get out
>"just going to check the perimeter"
>cry next to bag of sands.
>>
Wait for China and Korea to do it
The USA is so politically correct now
>>
Well I heard that Seth rogan is releasing I think am R rated Pixar looking animated film called Sausage Party
>>
Did people really find the incinerator scene emotional? It did nothing to me. But the "giving away his toys" scene had me bawling.
>>
>>63370727
A good chunk of the country lives in ignorance of anime and manga. I can't even imagine what it would be like to not know anything about that.

Must be really fucking boring if American Media is all you know about.
>>
I hate that scene I feel like its an homage to kikes being gassed and put into the oven which is fake.
>>
>>63370531
i'm not sure how well it would fly with American audiences because of the limited mainstream perception of animation being for kids,family or comedy movies
>>
All Pixar movies are made for adults, they're just marketed to kids.
>>
>>63370713

same poster as above, wanna clarify that I think Pixar is overall the best we've got and most of their films are definitely targeted equally at adults and children. I'll never stop shilling for Ratatouille, in my mind it's a criminally underrated (among pixar fans), mature animated feature. same with Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, a bunch of the studio's other films. Pixar's good at integrating as best as they can without alienating kids. My favorite part of Inside Out was the chamber of Abstract Thought, I was rolling in my seat with the realization that I would never have found that funny as a kid.

But yeah, as nice as that is, there's a difference between "enjoyable to all ages" and adult-centric. There are certain things you just can't do if you want kids to be in the audience, and I don't know when a studio is ever going to be able to alienate kids in that way for the sake of a truly gritty, scary, erotic etc. film
>>
File: ......gif (288 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
......gif
288 KB, 500x255
>>63370828

you get me, breh
>>
>>63370784
Adult-centric 3DCG animation has already been made several times in Japan, though the technical quality may not be on par with American studios.

>>63370829
It always makes me cringe when someone praises some American animation as the greatest ever. Usually a sure sign they're not familiar with anime.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.