[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The year was 2004 >/tv/ was a wildly different place and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: lost.jpg (30 KB, 622x351) Image search: [Google]
lost.jpg
30 KB, 622x351
>The year was 2004
>/tv/ was a wildly different place and I was a wildly different person
>each week we get together and watch LOST
>people would publicly share streaming links so we could all tune in live and bask in the shitshow together
>we all knew LOST was kind of bullshit but it was fun and it didn't matter
>we were allowed to unashamedly and unironically enjoy a bullshit show, and we did it together
>threads were literally overflowing with OC verticals each week
>/tv/ made LOST about a thousand times more enjoyable than it had any right to be
>I'd go to sleep in pain from laughing so much
>the creativity overload was insane

>but we were destined for the state of /tv/ today
>we got older
>the younger generation of posters were less interested in creating new content
>memes were forced down our throats and grew stale
>people were more interested in pasting the same shit over and over
>if it worked once, it'll work a thousand more times
>the horse isn't dead enough, keep beating it
>/tv/ stopped creating

>there will never be a show that brings us together the way LOST did
>the world moved on
>>
Your other thread was deleted, take the hint, nobody cares.
>>
File: golden age of tv.jpg (4 KB, 430x71) Image search: [Google]
golden age of tv.jpg
4 KB, 430x71
>>63329901

>the golden age of /tv/ what a wonderful feeling to be at /tv/ that time. so much OC, board was brimming with discussion, different theories. even the haters watched L O S T just to keep up with the discussions.

>/tv/ 2015
>JUST
>what does it mean?
>race instigation threads (Boyega, Supergirl, etc)
>FOR YOU

;_;

I miss L O S T
>>
Lost isn't bullshit, pleb.
>>
>>63330046
It really was an odd thing to be a part of. Almost impossible to explain to anyone who didn't live it. But it was some of the happiest moments in my life. And my life hasn't been depressing, /tv/ really was that good.
>>
>>63330046
There were less shills back then, thats why it was so great. Now there are automated threads in every board.

Also newfags yes.
>>
>>63330137
There were always newfags. There will always be newfags. The difference was that the OC outweighed it all.
>>
OMG Lost was so slow paced. That show sucked.
>>
File: 2006.png (22 KB, 1636x112) Image search: [Google]
2006.png
22 KB, 1636x112
>>63329901
>>The year was 2004
>>/tv/ was a wildly different place and I was a wildly different person
>>each week we get together and watch LOST

lol totally bro, except /tv/ didn't exist until April 2006
>>
>>63330174
>OMG
Reddit awaits.
>>
>>63330137

4chan as a whole was different back then.

Back then, people entered via /b/. as they grow tired with it, they then branch to other interest boards like /tv/, /sp/, /v/ (though sometimes /v/ is an entry board as well), /x/ etc. They then learn the board's culture and adapt to it.

Enter 2011, GoT was born. Reddit then started linking their threads to the GoT live threads and generals. Tumblr and fb shitters also started linking to the generals as well. What you've got now are a bunch of newfags, posting shit and learning memes without trying to learn the board culture of the board that they posted into. This cancer eventually spread out to other boards. Also, let's not forget the Dr. Who and Hannibal tumblrfags as well
>>
File: FP02.png (150 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
FP02.png
150 KB, 400x320
>>63330356
>streambro links overcrowded with redditfags thinking it's totally to share everywhere and anywhere
>commerical break
>stream cuts to some gnarly disgusting shit
>redditfags and normies probably streaming it with their parents
>mfw
>>
>>63330046
the fan theories were awesome; way better than how season 6 ended up.
>>
>>63332497
The fan theories were all way worse. Geeks are not the lords of good writing they think they are.
>>
>>63329901
>there will never be a show that brings us together the way LOST did

What is Game of Thrones?
>>
>>63329901
I still get to do this with /co/ for about 5 different shows. Jokes on you. Get less patrician taste.
>>
I wasnt there sadly. How was the thread of the last episode? bet there was a lot of angry anons
>>
/tv/ didn't exist in 2004. It's a fairly "new" board.
>>
>>63333323
It was 50/50 split. A lot of people thought the ending worked emotionally, a lot were unsatisfied with unanswered questions, and then a lot of back and forth over what and what wasn't actually answered, which split opinions even more. So, basically the same response it got everywhere.
>>
>>63330159
The thing is, in 2004 when 4chan was still small so was the population of newfags. And the ones who posted wasn't entertained by the regulers but was either ignored or just told to lurk more.

Since 2007 or so the newfag to OC/discussion ratio got warped due to the site not being able to handle the influx of new users and 4chan has never been the same since. Now it's just a bleak almost parody-like shadow of its former self.
>>
>>63329901
>Don't have any reference point for how long i've been on this website
>Remember seeing LOST threads every day
>I'm wasting my life shitposting with nazi pedophiles
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.