[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: lead_960.jpg (120 KB, 542x595) Image search: [Google]
lead_960.jpg
120 KB, 542x595
thoughts?
>>
hes a gay furry what do you think our thoughts are
>>
He's not very fucking smart, but he thinks he is.

His voice is multitudes more difficult to deal with than Plinkett's, and he thinks because he's an independent 'critic' he's somehow on the same level as RLM, despite no practical training or education in film whatsoever.

I unsubbed from him over a year ago now because his fucking After Earth review was so bipolar and sprawling that I got sick of his shtick entirely.

>review movie
>end up with product longer than the movie itself
fuck off
>>
>hasn't done an actual YMS in ages, his only entertaining videos
>chooses instead to focus on cool cat shit because he mad and random festival/indie movies that no one else saw or cares about
get your shit together adam
>>
>>63479783
Dropped
>>
enjoyed his TWD videos

maybe I would watch his shit again if he did more, or more TV series but that would defeat the purpose of his channel i guess
>>
I like him.
I think he thinks he's smarter than he is though
>>
>>63479783
Hi Adam!
>>
>>63480495
>he thinks he's smarter than he is though

Yep. I only watched his Syndoneche "analysis" for the little tid bits that he noticed (ex: the date being different in every shot in the opening kitchen scene). His analysis of the themes are psuedo-intellectual though
>>
>>63479783
>gets paid to review movies
>never reviews movies
>>
File: disgusted.jpg (33 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
disgusted.jpg
33 KB, 500x354
>last full YMS was for Cool Cat 9 months ago
>the next real YMS after that was World War Z at least 12 months ago
>almost everyone of his videos from Cool Cat on have been no effort Quickies or 10 minute "reviews" where he goes anal on one element of the movies then calls it trash
>also posts "Adam & Merk" which is pure masturbation
>this guy has 1035 patrons on Patreon and gets $4075 a month
>absolute hack

Only thing I really enjoyed of his was the Walking Dead YMS and the Death Race YMS. Everything else is kinda low effort shite
>>
I've had the misfortune of catching a few streams of him playing games and all he does is get drunk, depressive and aggressive with his fans, taking innocuous jokes way too seriously (ironic for a guy that's meant to deal in comedy).

Actually wouldn't surprise me if the dude was an alcoholic.
>>
>>63480679
>gets paid by patrons to make high quality content for his main channel
>spends all his time with low effort quickies and video LPs
>>
>>63479783
>dude weed lmao: the reviewer
>>
>>63479783
He needs to watch literally any movie that was made before 1990.

The fact that the only non mainstream pre 1980 film on his top 100 is also the one he considers the best film ever is appalling. He needs to actually look at something outside the tiny bubble of modern independent art house which is almost entirely trash.
>>
>>63480679
Oh, his streams are total shit. He can be fun but only when edited and scripted
>>
>>63480658

Mark's actually the one saving grace of anything to do with him right now.
>>
>>63479783
Isn't he unemployed/unemployable and lives with his mother, having given up any plans to work or leave home due to some psychological instability? I hear this guy needs supervision due to something.
>>
>>63480853
>I hear this guy needs supervision due to something.
Of course he does. He's a furry. If it wasn't for Mark he'd be outside raping dogs all day long
>>
>>63480797

They're pretty terrible. I really don't know why anybody watches him because without Mark he just ends up drinking too much and screaming at his fans every five seconds.

It's almost Spoony-tier how weirdly he interprets chat comments.
>>
I am a gay furry. Hahah that is so fucked up and that is saying something coming from me... because I am a gay furry
Here are 20 minutes of me describing the story of this movie/tv show while pointing out plotholes because that is what I think constitutes a review. Also 4chan reaction faces with actual yotsuba colored backgrounds in fucking youtube videos.
Have I mentioned I am a gay furry?
>>
>watch out, actual fanboy here coming in guise
I watched pretty much all of his videos, like 3 gaming series and a couple streams basically.

>>63479783
ITT people talking about shit they don't know shit about.

But yeah, he's kind of a mess. His upload schedule is nonsensical and he gets distracted with new things all the time instead of focusing on either comedy pseudo-reviews (YMS) or actual serious analyses like the Synecdoche NY or Enemy ones. He's trying to do both and basically fails at both. Quickies or whatever are just filler where he gives his first opinions, so they don't really matter.

He does put a lot of time and effort into editing though, you gotta admit that. At least he's not just talking in front of the camera and shows a couple 5 second clips and stills from the movie like other reviewers.

He does think he's cooler than he is, and he really needs to watch more films from before the 90s. His top 10s are pretty good, especially for cinema plebs as a means to introduce them into good stuff.

His streams are shit, but some of his more recent edited LPs are good. But yeah, he only streams on Sundays from what I remember and Mark edits them, so he's just the mascot for that shit.

Also I don't care if he's a furry or whatever. He could rape 50 kids a day and I wouldn't give a shit as long as it doesn't interfere with his schedule/quality etc. That's just pointless meme criticism, since he never talks about it on his movie channel, apart from the Cool Cat review, but that was bound to happen anyways.
>>
Absolute pleb. I find it funny how he focuses on easy targets to make fun of, but when faced with true film he's no where to be seen. Look at his review for memedrum, all he can critique is the music syncing. Who gives a fuck. Also:
>4chan reaction images on a YouTube video.

So gay.
>>
when did he come out as a gay furry
>>
>>63480853
you heard wrong
>>
>>63479783

He's alright for a gay furry. I like his top 10 lists they have turned me on to some great movies. I can't stand his gaming channel though.
>>
>>63480853
Some dude diddled his butthole years ago. It is now his excuse for being a gay furry neet.
>>
>>63479783
Nyx Fears and YMS are both the cancer of the internet.
>>
I REALLY enjoyed his videos when I first saw them. I think they were posted here but I can't remember. Either way, it was a few years ago but he already had a pretty decent list of reviews and whatnot. I watched all of them a few times but didn't like his "Quickies" all that much considering they seem contradictory to his stance on films being that you can't really judge something after a first viewing.

And his gaming channel has always been absolute garbage, I'm amazed he still puts any effort into uploading them. It's no fucking wonder it takes him ages to finish a YMS review when he's got hours upon hours of him just playing video games. I don't like gaming channels to begin with but a lot of times they offer something in the way of entertainment that I can understand, whereas his is just him usually either not talking, not saying anything remotely interesting or funny, or he's getting drunk, which is usually a pretty depressing peak into who he actually is since he gets so irrationally depressed and angry at nothing.

I could really overlook all of that, and to be fair, I admire what he was going for. Being paid by his fans more or less to put out decent content that they want to see at a reasonable rate. However he isn't doing that. He's made 1 YMS review in almost a fucking year now when he said he would do one every month when he started his patreon. That was the trade off. Videos his subscribers actually wanted to see but he has since shown he doesn't live up to his word at all.

I don't know what it's like being him, maybe he's under a lot of stress being a retarded faggot but if that's the case, he shouldn't be collecting money from patreon if he's not providing what he said he would. He's basically just taking money at this point and hasn't stayed true to his promises.
>>
>>63479783
YT "critics" are cancer. If you can't read reviews by actual critics you should just go back to /v/.
>>
File: 4chan back to reddit.jpg (200 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
4chan back to reddit.jpg
200 KB, 717x880
>>63479783
Pedantic furry faggot.
Also please fuck off Adam.
>>
Who's more pleb? Adam or this goofball? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOncAj16wWU
>>
YMS: Reddit

RLM: /tv/

Any questions?
>>
>>63481795
Fuck off Adam
>>
>I just watched popular and highly rated movie and I just don't get why it's so popular and highly rated
>I mean it's good...but it's not THAT good
>come on people just because you like a movie doesn't mean you should like it a lot

>LOVE IS JUST A CHEMICAL REACTION REEEEEE
>LOVE ISN'T REAL AT ALL REEEEEEEEEE

every time
>>
>>63484236
https://www.reddit.com/r/redlettermedia
8,000 subscribers

Stop deluding yourself, every youtube "reviewer" is reddit.
>>
>>63480776
>modern independent art house which is almost entirely trash
>>
>>63484454
https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan

700,000 subscribers

Is 4chan reddit?
>>
>>63484505
Yes, any more questions?
>>
>>63484384
>LOVE ISN'T REAL AT ALL REEEEEEEEE

Yeah that shit gets on my nerves too but it seems to be a reddit thing that I think got popularized in a Rick & Morty episode.

And if I remember correctly, Adam loves Rick & Morty.

Weird considering the point of that episode was that Rick was a very unhappy, unloved old man who puts himself through misery again and again while trying to bring everyone else down to his level.
>>
>>63481795
Wow this is embarrassing
>>
>>63479783
I don't know if it's really Adam or just one guy using the same pic over and over again to make it seem like it's him when starting a thread here.
>>
>>63484594
I don't get it.
>>
>>63481850
>I find it funny how he focuses on easy targets to make fun of

His Godzilla review proved he can't even do that properly.
>>
File: 1442661275944.jpg (34 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1442661275944.jpg
34 KB, 500x335
>>63484190
When will people finally realize talking like a moron isn't funny? Fuck Egoraptor for making this horrible style of humor so damn popular.
>>
>>63484384
>>LOVE IS JUST A CHEMICAL REACTION REEEEEE
>>LOVE ISN'T REAL AT ALL REEEEEEEEEE

this shit just ruins his videos for me.
>>
Jeez this thread was an abomination from the moment it got birthed. Just put it out of its misery already.
I don't get it why people keep posting his or his copies' shit here even though they know this happens every time.
>>
He needs to pick up tue fucking slack with the walking dead YMS, its why everybody even knows him, and yet hes 3-4 seasons behind.
>>
>>63484190
#1 movie is Drive...
>>
File: goose with cola.jpg (166 KB, 626x700) Image search: [Google]
goose with cola.jpg
166 KB, 626x700
i think he's pretty funny but i think nothing else of him
>>
>only 1 (one) less than 3 minute film-related content ("quickie") since October 14, 2015 and even that one was just a 4 min quickie, plus 4 more mins of him whining about looking for apartments

He's going full JUST and I enjoy watching him fall.
>>
>>63484567
>Yeah that shit gets on my nerves too but it seems to be a reddit thing that I think got popularized in a Rick & Morty episode.

Nah it's been around long before that show even existed. It's just something bitter single people say to feel good about themselves when they see a happy couple. My sister used to say the same crap all the time until she finally got herself a boyfriend.
>>
>>63484190
Welp this gave me cancer
>>
>>63485707
So he has good taste?
>>
i have no idea what this is but that stupid fucking face turns me off

am i missing anything?
>>
>>63487283
Nah. He's just a gay furry who loves to post about himself here.
>>
Literally TGWTG tier
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.