[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last night's episode of Fargo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: fargoseason2.jpg (11 KB, 285x177) Image search: [Google]
fargoseason2.jpg
11 KB, 285x177
Now I am really enjoying season 2 of Fargo (based on the Coen Brothers film of the same name). This season is easily better than the first by a mile. However, one thing that is kind of bugging me about episode 9 is the fact that the alien motif that has been running throughout season 2 has become an integral part to story as when the UFO shows up it helps Lou kill Bear before being strangled and distracts Hanzee while Ed and Peggy escape. I believe it should have remained a motif and only, and yes, I know Rye got distracted by it in the first episode and that's how he dies but that that can chalked up to how he was coked out of his mind.

Thoughts and feelings on this, and the rest of season for that matter?
>>
>plebs can't handle aliens: the thread part 8

I spend an entire 45 minutes crying with laughter earlier just musing on the idea that there are people on this planet pathetic enough to have not loved the last episode of Fargo.
>>
>breaking bad
>gus has his face blown off and fixes his tie before dropping dead
>THIS IS BULLSHIT BREAKING BAD JUMPED THE SHARK

>Fargo
>a ufo flys down shining lights every where
>SO BASED THIS SHOW IS BRILLIANT
>>
>>63446295
If it really bothers you that much (it shouldn't) just remember that you're watching the story as told. You're not watching the events as they occurred but as they have been mythologized. The aliens are as much a part of the story as the erudite loquaciousness of the various characters.

I mean, that episode literally had a narrator to spell out that this was a retelling embellished as such.

>Something happened, there were lights in the sky and Bear paused. Lou just barely had time to shoot him through the head while he was distracted.
>Somehow, Peggy and Ed made their escape. How Hanzee let it happen, I'll never know but he did.

>Lights
>Distractions
>Miraculous escape
>Ayy lmao

It's folktale storytelling at its finest.
>>
>>63446378
What baffles me is that we already saw an alien spacecraft in the first episode, yet everyone is sperging out over this.
That being said, I would've actually preferred if it remained in the background, just as a theme, and never really appeared again explicitly, but I'm also fine with the way they decided to do it.
>>
it was already a 10/10 season. that's a big and unnecessary risk to take. it was weird
>>
>>63446507
Except Fargo threads are as full of butthurt as never before.
>>
It's a side element with the sole purpose of showing a colorful and exotic setting. Flying saucers are a typical component of Little American Town,USA culture.
>>
This thread has put more thought into fargoTV than the writers have ever put into fargoTV. And its only 8 posts long.
>>
File: 117001426.jpg (199 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
117001426.jpg
199 KB, 1920x1080
Wait. I thought this show was based on a true story?
>>
The only thing I didn't like was how the narrator had to explain Hanzee's motive. But even then I don't think it's too big of an issue. Everyone should have been able to predict his betrayal since he was cleaning his gun and talking to bear a few episodes ago. Since he had already betrayed the family in a sense by playing along with Dodd's story.
>>
>>63448657
The narrator in general was a terrible decision. Felt like dogshit spoonfeeding. Reminded me of that terrible show Narcos where they'd get the narrator to spell everything out.
>>
>>63448532
It isn't. The writers just use that lie at the beginning of every episode (which was in the movie as well) to excuse bullshit contrivance.
>>
>>63446514

99% of this board has never heard of an unreliable narrator, but good post anyway.
>>
>>63448691
that and showing things like Dodd getting shot, it's like they're implying people forgot already.
>>
>>63446525
the reason for that is really that the UFO in the first episode could have been anything because rye is on coke and the UFO in the latest episode actually influences the plot.
i loved it but
>>
>>63448733
Which is strange considering our love for bateman
>>
>>63446514
>You're not watching the events as they occurred but as they have been mythologized.
So was all the stuff about the cops talking about pissing in swimming pools part of the embellished mythology too?
>>
>>63446514
Fucking this.

>no problem with people in woodchippers
>no issue with malvo unleashing the plagues of Egypt
But somehow aliens steps over
our imaginary line. Fuck off. It's all a part of the style that people claimed to love about the first 8 episodes.
>>
File: Fargo Fingers.webm (726 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Fargo Fingers.webm
726 KB, 1024x576
So is that the last we're gonna see of Mike? Besides maybe a scene where he takes credit for everything?
>>
>>63448777
>the policemen were distracted while gherhard men barged in trough their door
>>
>>63448782
>no problem with people in woodchippers
What was unrealistic about this?

Also don't act as though Noah Hawley's show has anything to do with Fargo (1996) made by the Coen Brothers. What you're doing is the equivilent of mentioning some extended universe bullshit alongside the events of The Empire Strikes Back as if they are equal in legitimacy.
>>
>>63448782
yeah exactly, Malvo pulled bullshit in season 1 that was much worse than a UFO showing up
>>
>>63448787
probably not, you'll see him down in KC taking credit for all of it. then the Blumquists will kill hanzee go to jail for murder and KC will get wind of this and off mike.
>>
>>63448777
It's really not that difficult. You're not supposed to see the police force as this faceless, unfeeling institution. You're supposed to see people who are badly underprepared and really just regular and flawed like everybody else.
>>
>>63448758
We also saw the ship at the end of the third or fourth episode, from the aliens perspective. And there's the constant foreshadowing with the symbols and signs.
>>
>>63448939
yeah, actually betsy finding hanks secret ayy room was a pretty strong indication that they weren't going to leave it alone
>>
is betsy kill?
>>
>>63448852
>extended universe bullshit
But they DO exist in the same universe, hence the briefcase. And although the movie and show are different, they're stylistically very similar. It's all a bizarre, fish out of water story.
>>
>>63448911
So the police are depicted literally and naturalistically human but as soon as the space ship which is part of the same scene appears it switches over into non-literal embelleshed folklore fiction?
>>
>>63449019
>But they DO exist in the same universe,
So do Empire Strikes back and robot spider darth maul. The difference is one of these things is hacky fan fiction.
>>
>>63446295
The choice of having this episode viewed through the lens of a book narrated by Martin Freeman was deliberately used to have the aliens as an actual plot point. SOMETHING happened that distracted Hanzee and Bear, and Lou (and Peggy or Ed, depending on if they survive) could only chalk it up to what he could best interpret as aliens.
>>
>>63449103
If you acknowledge the difference then why were you comparing the two to begin with?
>>
>>63448695
It's a running joke. Everything in the movie is fiction, including the opening disclaimer
>>
>>63449185
The show invites the comparison by being called Fargo and repeatedly making references to Coen Brothers movies.
>>
>>63448764

Indeed!
>>
>>63449224
And being produced by the Coens
>>
are you guys implying that aliens aren't real?
>>
>>63449224
How is that the same as the bullshit Star Wars EU fanfiction? Any asshole with a keyboard can write that shit, your comparison doesn't make any sense.
>>
so thats how a show goes from 10/10 to to youdunfuckedup/10
>>
>>63449270
I'm sure they have a whole lot of creative involvement with their empty producer credit.
>>
>>63449383
>Lucas sanctioned fan fiction
>Coen sanctioned fan fiction

Not really very different.
>>
>>63446514
Unreliable narrators don't let you off the hook for shitty writing. Nor do narrators explaining it.
>>
>>63449513
the "TOTALLY TRU STORY" bit at the beginning of every episode does, though.
>>
It was honestly the best episode of the series so far. The people sperging about it are plebs that can't understand things past "muh realism".
>>
I liked it a lot more then a hundred fish falling from the sky.
>>
File: lesbian_clothes.jpg.png (626 KB, 1330x738) Image search: [Google]
lesbian_clothes.jpg.png
626 KB, 1330x738
Did the indian rape the lesbo boss?
>>
>>63449532
I forgot. The historical and Coen references do too.
>>
REMINDER:
"Never heard of a deaf hitman. Carolina Murphy had his tongue cut of by an indian in the 80. Worked a little after that. Never quite the same."

SEASON 3 CONFIRMED HANZEE LIVES
>>
File: Безымянный.png (1 MB, 1522x1031) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.png
1 MB, 1522x1031
>>63449903
>>
>>63449396
>"their involvement means nothing because I said so" the argument

What's it like being a low functioning autismo
>>
>can't comprehend what an unreliable narrator is
>aliens since the first episode
>massacre exaggerated since season 1
How do you people even breathe?
>>
>>63449976
>The Coen brothers are executive producing on the series. How much input did they have in the project?

>Well, they could have had more, but they weren’t really interested in engaging creatively with the material aside from having read the first episode and being really excited about it. I had a conversation with them, which was a really nice thing for me, but they said, “Look, it’s not our medium. We don’t know television or really understand [it]. We wouldn’t be helpful to you in making a television show.”

How about because Hawley says so?
>>
The Gerhardt family was retarded. From the first episode on every decision they collectively made was laughably wrong. Glad theyre all dead
>>
>>63449513
>Unreliable narrators don't let you off the hook for shitty writing.
But it's not shitty writing. The U.F.O.'s influence wasn't specific enough to demand ayy lmao's. Bear stopped choking Lou shortly before he died because of some distraction. Ed and Peggy got away because Hanzee was focused somewhere else. It's not like Lou died and the aliens came down and cloned him.
>>
>>63449966

what the fuck is this? i never check the previews for next week. you'd better be shitting me
>>
>>63450039
>Thinking unreliable narrators excuse shitty writing
>>
>>63450175
thats a still from the first season, genius
>>
>>63446514
>erudite loquaciousness
Did you just discover what a thesaurus is?
I agree with you though.
>>
>>63446378
>>63446514
>>63448782
>>63448939
>>63449672
>>63450039

Look at these delicious, correct opinions.
>>
File: Fargo Bear.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Fargo Bear.webm
2 MB, 720x480
Is the webm bro around? I'm looking for the one that was around a couple threads ago. It was from episode 5 or so where the Gerhardts ambush the mafia guys in the woods. Killing the longbowman and then running out of the bush.
>>
>>63450194
I'd like to see you do any fucking better. What would you have done to improve this supposedly shitty writing?
>>
>>63449966
Aliens didn't make me drop the show but any Malvo references in the next episode is a sure fire way to make me never watch this show again.

I'm still dreading the inevitable "young marge gunderson" scene next episode that Hawley has hinted at.
>>
>>63450167
Why analyze any of it when it's all a tall tale? Why does it matter if any inconsistency can be chalked up to "Well, who knows if it's true or not, it's a story! Wink!"
>>
>>63450262
>I'd like to see you do any fucking better.
When you fall back on that card the argument is already lost.
>>
>>63450262
Not have aliens in a television show based off of the movie Fargo, for one.
>>
>>63450315
No, it means you're shitting out your mouth.
>>
I can't watch American shows because I have a mental image of writers having to conform to socio political climate constantly.

>A murderous indian of [redacted] tribal denomination

Also I really hope aliens are real because that's some weak surrealism shit if they're not.
>>
>>63450235
Okay, How did that bullet not go into his skull & kill him? It just took his ear off.
Hazee killed that old clerk from the same angle earlier.
>>
>>63450230
It was just a (weak) joke
>>
>>63450339
Bear skulls are pretty thick, if you don't use a high caliber the bullets will just sit inbetween the skin and flesh/skull.
>>
File: 1449440387640.jpg (77 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
1449440387640.jpg
77 KB, 460x300
>>63450268
>that Hawley has hinted at.
wat, no way
>>
Do you realize you can't do unreliable narrator if the show is not told solely from one perspective? It's not a melange of opinions if there's only one worldview. And it's not an unreliable narrator if he's not in every single scene.
>>
>>63450363
Also a classic example of smug superiority
>>
>>63450406
what if hes so unreliable he doesnt show up to narrate every single time, you goddamn faggot?
>>
File: Fargo 2x09 in 120s.webm (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Fargo 2x09 in 120s.webm
3 MB, 320x180
>Erstwhile on Fargo
>>
>>63450339

it's exaggerated. In 'reality', the bullet probably just scraped him, and instead of dramatically turning towards Lou, he immediately charged at him and took two more (low caliber) shots. It's perfectly within reason for such a big guy
>>
>>63450194
How is the writing shitty in any way?
It's actually one of the best written TV shows I ever saw.
>>
>>63450406
It's their first time being able to use the term, just let them be.
>>
>>63450464
>It's actually one of the best written TV shows I ever saw.
That is because you are juvenile about the medium but whatever.

I was bleeding for the art of television before you were even fucking born and I say this show is IMDB sensibility mediocrity.
>>
>>63450442
That's not how unreliable narration works. Reader must be able to unwound the narrative that requires such careful construction. You can't have plot holes in unreliable narration, that's not what it is.
>>
>Show that shamelessly plagiarizes Coen Brothers
>Ad that shamelessly plagiarizes Sopranos

Stay classy.
>>
>>63450508
You have to make your baits less obvious than that.
>>
>>63450508
>IMDB sensibility
You just couldn't do it without buzzwords, could you?
>>
>>63450533

ayyy lmao
>>
>>63450464
Not gonna waste my time. Just watch the movie for an example of actually good writing.
>>
>>63450579
Any post made on this board that doesn't use the language that redditors often deride as "buzzwords" is an intellectually dishonest post that isn't worth reading in the first place.
>>
That was the best episode of the season i'm suprised to see people on here disliking it
>>
>>63450279
>Why analyze any of it when it's all a tall tale?
Because the act of embellishment is not only worthy of analysis by itself, but it also doesn't detract from the fundamentals of the narrative.

Analysis is not pointing out inconsistencies.

And anyway, you're confusing the issue. The presence of the aliens seems very plainly to be an element of exaggerated superstition exacerbated by the retelling and mythologisation of 'the massacre at Sioux Falls'. If you asked S1 Lou about aliens, he wouldn't have told you about the time a spaceship saved his life in a motel car park. But that doesn't mean that everything else is exaggerated to the point of inaccuracy (in as much as a retelling of a fictional untold story about fictional unheard of events can be in anyway considered 'accurate') or insignificance.
>>
>>63450508
>>63450594
Still haven't explained why the writing is bad. Not going to waste my time replying to retards anymore.
>>
>>63450406
Since when has it been required that an unreliable narrator has a first hand experience of the events he describes? Surely obfuscating the truth via Chinese Whispers just adds to his unreliability.
>>
>>63450428
Erudite is a nice word.
>>
>>63450700
Because then that's not an unreliable narration, that's reader/viewer not having any sort of clue if the work he's consuming will just wave away any sort of complaint under whichever guise it chooses. I have no clue what "chinese whispers" are but I know that the narrator has to be fucking present in a visual medium if he's going to have any merit to its unreliability.
>>
haha op thinks doing coke will make u see ayylmaos haha
>>
>>63450687
Not them but you have to reach a certain threshold in order not to be swayed by boisterous crap like Milligan's character breaking into purple prose for cheap points via comic book audience used to such outbursts, inconsistency in tone and motivation of the whole fucking Gerhard family of stooges and constant escapes into absurdism to resolve tight situations.

That's before lazy directing comes to mind, exemplified in most fighting / struggle sequences on the show. Convenient misses, blind eyes, it's not even fun as a crapshoot.
>>
>>63450664
The off chance that you think you're actually saying things that have substance makes me sad. "an element of exaggerated superstition exacerbated by the retelling and mythologisation of the massacre at Sioux Falls" and "in as much as a retelling of a fictional untold story about fictional unheard of events can be anyway considered accurate" basically say it all.
>>
When did Ricky die? when Hanzee was running around killing everyone with the M16?
>>
File: 11340317003.jpg (129 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
11340317003.jpg
129 KB, 1920x1080
>guy flies across the room after being hit by a shotgun
>shooter doesn't even have any recoil
Sure, it's fiction but come on.
>>
>>63450664
You realize the only way this could work is if the punch line to the whole season is some random faggot closing a book and saying - "Well, that's my understanding of that story at least. The end."

You can't just throw references and drown in simplistic premonitions and expect them to redeem your shitty show outside of online hugboxes. We're not talking about general audience mutually wanking themselfs and the show crew off, but plausible criticism.
>>
>>63450877
The absurdity and inconsistency is absolutely justified given it is an exaggerated account of events, and the characters are supposed to be mythical folklore 'role models'.
>>
>>63450995

the only reason they did it is because he's an asshole and wanted the audience to really enjoy his death

so basically plebs
>>
>>63450995
It couldnt have been any more obvious that the fat, asshole cop was going to be killed
>>
>>63448758
>>63446295

coke does not make you hallucinate, thats a lame excuse. unless its cut with something else but even then ive had blow cut with a handful of other substances and never had any hallucinatory experiences, for the most part just fucked out of my mind with my heart pounding
>>
>>63450793
Chinese Whispers is a game where you whisper information to a person and they whisper what they heard to someone and so on down the line. The last person says what they heard out loud which has usually changed significantly from the original phrase.

I'm not the one who brought up unreliable narrators but it seems that within the framing device that Fargo employs (this is a true story, names changed, events the same) there is a sort of implied narrator (and that's discounting Martin Freeman's actual narrator in episode nine). An unreliable narrator doesn't rely on the narrator's presence within the story, it just means that you are not being told (or shown) an objective, factual account of what happened.
>>
>>63451055
As I've said,
>>63451055
is the only way that sort of thing can work out.

You can't have exaggerated account of events if multiple characters saw the identical thing at the same time. Unless you of course think show will suddenly change course and replay the previous episode from multiple perspectives. Which will not happen because the framework hasn't been set.

It's obvious that they will end it on plethora of hazy metaphors disguising lack of coherence and I don't watch television because that sort of shit is considered good.

>>63451113
>An unreliable narrator doesn't rely on the narrator's presence within the story

That's not true. What you're describing is a dream sequence in which nothing matters and a sort of thing scrapped from serious literary work ages ago, except as a reference. Narrator can either be in medias res, like Gene Wolfe's Severian, or an alter ego of the writer's paranoia like Jozef K.

Now keep in mind this is a visual medium which relies even more on presence. I can't stress enough how important is the presence of certain characters at any point during the storyline, and if it's not THEIR storyline then there can be no unreliable narration, unless we go back to said 'dream sequence'/whatever punchline worthy of Shymalan.
>>
>>63451113
Also chinese whispers always hold the ONE viewpoint, not multiple. People trade it down the line, but once they trade it, they're out of the picture. It becomes someone else's and is detached from the original story, again resulting in a weak Shymalan-esque punchline.
>>
File: 1971511712.jpg (210 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1971511712.jpg
210 KB, 1920x1080
Ed needs to get some fighting lessons. There was at least two feet between his fist and the indian's head.
>>
>>63451297
Those two feet contain the spirit of Native Americans trodden upon by the flaxen haired Devils just as the Indian's Vietnam jacket represents the Ira Hayes heritage of once proud warriors, now fed into the military-industrial complex.

Spaceship is Manitu. Give Golden Globes plox.
>>
>>63451212
>if it's not THEIR storyline then there can be no unreliable narration
See, I sort of see what you're getting at but I just don't agree. If there was a framing device where an explicit character explained that he was telling us an account of the Sioux Falls massacre as heard from the locals, then that would qualify as an unreliable narrator, right? In the sense that the character might, unknowingly, tell the story inaccurately. Fargo all but has that framing device, it's just implied rather than explicitly shown. So what's the difference? Isn't it still unreliable narration because we, the audience, understand that we aren't watching an objective portrayal of the events as they occurred, but, at the very least, a retelling of them after the fact, with some effort to make sense of the whole thing.

And more importantly, how does your suggestion that an unseen unreliable narrator devalues the narrative change just because the narrator is in the story? The story doesn't become a nonsensical 'dream sequence,' it just changes how you view it and understand it in relation to the 'reality'.
>>
>>63451482
>If there was a framing device where an explicit character explained that he was telling us an account of the Sioux Falls massacre as heard from the locals, then that would qualify as an unreliable narrator, right?

In the worst possible way. He would tell us instead show us over time, unreliable narration should be subtle.

It's not unreliable narration because it has a cast of characters. At least I hope it's not revealed as such because it would be some Rothfuss-tier writing.

>And more importantly, how does your suggestion that an unseen unreliable narrator devalues the narrative change just because the narrator is in the story? The story doesn't become a nonsensical 'dream sequence,' it just changes how you view it and understand it in relation to the 'reality'.

It devalues it by making it obvious. And it especially devalues the cast of characters which might as well be even more devolved into symbols, if that's not already obvious with each and every one of them wearing the same lazy costume throughout the show.

There is no "unseen" unreliable narrator, because if you can't see him then it's a straightforward creator-to-viewer show like The Wire.
>>
File: 1435749350241.png (179 KB, 578x242) Image search: [Google]
1435749350241.png
179 KB, 578x242
>>63450606
>intelectually dishonest
That's an interesting way of saying "not retarded".
>>
>>63450643
Yeah but what about muh aliens?
My dad told me again yesterday they don't exist, hence this show is not realist, so it's shit.
I am 12 years old.
>>
>>63451212
So it's just not your cup of tea. That doesn't mean it's badly written.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-01-21h17m44s847.png (202 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-01-21h17m44s847.png
202 KB, 720x404
This bitch is hardcore.
>>
>>63446514
good post. i admit i'm a bit of a dummy and i would have had to watch this episode at least one more time to make this connection.
>>
>>63452145
I need her to finally die
>>
>>63451599
>It's not unreliable narration because it has a cast of characters.
What the fuck am I reading?
>devalue
>devalue
>devalue
More like your poorly comprehension of what an unreliable narrator can be completely devalues your arguments.
>>
Still laughing at people who thought Bear was the Fargo boss from season 1.
>>
File: Fargo s02e08 rude.webm (546 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Fargo s02e08 rude.webm
546 KB, 1024x576
>>63452176
>>
Why is Martin Freeman listed as special guest actor in this ep? When did he appear??
>>
>>63448787
his part at the end was hilarious
>sees dead floyd
>"ok then"
>gets the fuck out
>>
>>63452327

he was the narrator that can be heard twice in the episode
>>
File: edgy_french_guy.jpg (98 KB, 1381x874) Image search: [Google]
edgy_french_guy.jpg
98 KB, 1381x874
>Lou is Bernard Rieux from The Pest, his dying wife is the book's dying wife, sick and far away while he's working to stop all what's going. Hence all the Absurdism references.

I don't know what to think about the aliens shit, but so far it's been nice.
>>
>>63452345

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP MILLIGAN

inevitably he'll go back to his bosses and rather than job well done will eat a bullet. Heck of a run though
>>
>>63450533
What ad?

I also took that Gary Cooper line to be a Sopranos shout out.
>>
>>63452358
Gotcha, feel like a fool now
Anyway, great ep
>>
>>63452327

He plays the spaceship.
>>
>>63446295
>I know Rye got distracted by it in the first episode and that's how he dies but that that can chalked up to how he was coked out of his mind.
I thought it was the reflection of the car lights in the shoe that hung in the tree.
>>
>>63452486

>Distracted by his own shoe that flies up in the tree when he gets hit by the car

It legitimately makes me angry how fucking stupid some of you are.
>>
>>63452547
the only retard here is you, faggot
>>
>>63452415
That Gary Cooper line's got nothing to do with the Sopranos. Ben was just poking fun at Lou.
>>
File: 1324280624989.png (635 KB, 519x537) Image search: [Google]
1324280624989.png
635 KB, 519x537
>>63448532
>aliens aren't real
>>
>>63452643
You convinced me. Obviously he was poking fun at Lou, at his perceived strong, silent type image. The cool cowboy whose always in control of the situation.
>>
>>63451297

when they threw the boiling drink in Hanzees face, in my my head I heard him say " did you spit in this"
>>
fargo s02e08 ending music

what is this music? shazam had no help who is the artist and what is this kind of music called?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G-LOEeJpdU

just like birdman's theme music
>>
It's shit.

D R O P P E D
>>
>>63452145
I was surprised when the narrator stated she and Ed were 29.
>>
>>63452907
>>plebs can't handle aliens: the thread part 8
>>
>>63453044

Dunst is only 33 for real so pretty decent
>>
>>63452482
made me chuckle.
>>
>>63453100
she's a big gal
>>
>>63453100
>tfw no fully realized thick Dunst to go on a journey with
>>
So what's left for episode 10?

>Hanzee hunts down Ed and Peggy
>Solverson kills Hanzee
>ayy lmaos come down and offer Ed and Peggy a ride on their spaceship
>>
File: 1111445659.png (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1111445659.png
24 KB, 512x512
>>63452869
https://twitter.com/jeffersonrusso/status/671699634260062208
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btSscknViDI
>>
>>63446295
As a few others have said, the scene very easily could have been written without aliens. Just have another distraction pop-in to give Lou a chance to save himself, or don't have bear tackle Lou at all. It's not "cheap" to use them, as if they couldn't come up with some other resolution and decided to use aliens.
>>
File: 1431316568311.jpg (212 KB, 1268x1695) Image search: [Google]
1431316568311.jpg
212 KB, 1268x1695
>>63453177
this shit gets me so fucking pumped
>>
>>63453094
>reddit defending a shit show: the thread #5451021541
>>
>>63453352
>literal redditor pretending to fit in: the post
>>
File: Peggy Stabby.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Peggy Stabby.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>63453177
FUUUCK I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

want my girls tits?
>>
>>63452361

Is Hanzee Meursault?
>>
Is /tv/ realized?
>>
>>63453591

I love Plemons' "it's really been a long fucking day" look
>>
>>63453431
Hey Reddit!
>>
I like how peggy got defensive when the SF sheriff called Ed stupid
>>
File: Fargo.S02E09.720p.HDTV.x264.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fargo.S02E09.720p.HDTV.x264.png
1 MB, 1280x720
The episode was a pleb filter if anything.
>>
>>63454050
>plebes are bitching and arguing over whether or not the aliums are DROPPED worthy or trying to rationalize it away
>patricians are just going along for the rest of the ride, waiting to see how it ends next week

truest of filters
>>
>>63454152
Patricians weren't watching this show in the first place.
>>
>>63454050
I imagine that they lost some viewers over this but whatever, I enjoyed it. Its not like the fish out of the sky is any more unrealistic
Well, its a real thing, but still kinda just there for convenience, if you disagree with Aliens you better be hating on that too
>>
File: Fargo s02e08 thanks hun.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Fargo s02e08 thanks hun.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
>>63453769

Episode 8 really did hit the spot in confirming her love for him, it was the town/house/mundane living that she hated and hitting Rye was like a rebellion against it. She's no doubt fucking crazy, but she loves her man.
>>
>>63454222
>season finale
>everybody dead except dunst
>stand by your man starts playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBirf4BWew
>>
File: my face when Ed dies.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
my face when Ed dies.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
>>63454290

NO.

I DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL.
>>
>>63454322
What's this from senpai?
>>
>>63448691
I liked it, especially because they squeezed Martin Freeman in this way.
>>
File: Fargo s02e09 Hanzee Holocaust.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Fargo s02e09 Hanzee Holocaust.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
>>63454351

Louie Season 5 premiere episode.
>>
>>63454322
She looks like a frog.
>>
>>63454380
anyone here from /k/?

Thoughts on this webm?
>>
Why didn't Hanzee just drink the spit?

The Massacre of Sioux Falls would have been avoided.
>>
What if Hanzee is an ayylien?
>>
>>63454181
Its a shit meme anyway family, don't look to far into it
>>
>>63454424

I think they'd be glad the M16 (M4) got some love instead of being treated like a red headed stepchild.
>>
>>63454440
look at this face when he sees the starship
no, the show has clearly hinted in many ways that the ayy is Hank, along with his departure. This will be revealed in the finale.
>>
The ayy lmaos were either summoned by Hank or they're drawn to Peggy for whatever reason. Or maybe both.
>>
>>63454424
I'm not /k/ and even I know that's vidyatier bullshit
>>
>>63454534
>no, the show has clearly hinted in many ways that the ayy is Hank
I can see two ways untill now, including this episode. The other way is the runes ofcourse. What else was there?
>>
>>63454532
I love all the screen time that M16 is getting with Hanzee

>>63454841
in one of the pictures in his house with his wife and daughters, theres a UFO on the horizon in the background, don't have the pic, but its been posted here before.
>>
>>63454538
Isn't it more likely that they're drawn to violence in general? They show up after two huge killing sprees. Also, if they only cared about Peggy, they wouldn't have turned the Bear/Lou spotlight on long before the one on Ed and Peggy's room.
>>
>>63446514
This is fine and all, and I agree with this. Yet, having a narrator come in for one episode only JUST to make this idea clear is a little jarring not only to the stylistic continuity of the series, but to the integrity of the viewer. You either have a narrator at the beginning and end of a story (i.e. the beginning of the SERIES rather than the episode), or you have a narrator throughout. You can just chuck in a narrator into the second last episode of a series to emphasise muh unreliability of the story
>>
>>63454841
see
>>63455650
>>
File: 7YTTAFYNMOOTWB6.jpg (21 KB, 563x350) Image search: [Google]
7YTTAFYNMOOTWB6.jpg
21 KB, 563x350
Please tell me he isn't dead. Grandpa Cop is my favorite, next to Lou.
>>
>>63455847
He's fine. He will get beamed back aboard the ship.
>>
>Yfw when you realised Fargo season 2 rationally calculated the measure of its own success by taking the best parts from Fargo and Fargo season 1 themselves, adding in a R.J. Mitte from Breaking Bad, including a cop relationship anchored by a female relation to both, uncovering something that is bigger than them (True Detective) and lastly, having a family succumb to bloodbath (Game of Thrones)
>>
>>63455933
Because those TV show inveted those things.
It's much more influenced by Twin Peaks and X-Files if anything.
>>
>>63450268
>young marge gunderson
8 years younger?
The movie is set in 87'
I doubt they'll do that.
>>
>>63455847

Gut is a bad place to get hit, especially at that age.

and man I know she sold out Peggy and was a stalker type lesbo but that bloodstain on the wall hit me hard.
>>
>>63455995
You're right, it does also take from both of those series. Something must be said for a plot which manages to combine all the best elements from other successful series into a coherent plot. No wonder people are raving about it
>>
>>63456015

I just can't help but remember Reservoir Dogs when it comes to shit like this, but then I remember that White probably didn't know what he was talking about, and was just trying to put Orange at ease.
>>
how to turn a 10/10 season into complete shit with 1 fucking scene

absolutely embarassing, and now they go on pretending like it never happend and nobody will mention it again
>>
forgot muh webm
>>
>>63456141
why was there a bloodstain if she was strangled?
>>
>>63456193

He scalped her. That's why he was petting her hair like that.
>>
>>63448787

They already tried to kill him. Now that he is done the job he's gotta get out of there.
>>
>>63456193

Defensive wounds, she probably cut herself on something trying to get away or maybe this >>63456254
>>
File: 1364870579188.jpg (36 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1364870579188.jpg
36 KB, 409x409
>>63451008
>>
>>63456141
>>63456193
>bloodstain

i see no bloodstain
>>
Chances of s3 having Marge as the mc?
>>
File: owch.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
owch.jpg
187 KB, 1920x1080
>>63456592

Zero.

>>63456437

Sup
>>
I'm glad that this goofy asshole lived
>>
>>63453126
For youu
>>
>>63446507
Breaking Bad paraded itself for being "realistic", but then threw in comic book-tier events such as what you mentioned, for the sake of "coolness" and "badassery"

Fargo has always been the middle ground between absurdity, drama and elements of surrealism. The aliens isn't as out of place.
>>
>>63456803

He did?
>>
>>63456803
>tfw no high rollin rip roarin shootin and snortin greasy low level crime adventure show ripping through mid west cities starring Richie from Buffalo

I hope running off like a bitch isn't the last we see of him. Anyone have that webm? I caught him running away last night, but after rewatching it twice I seem to have missed it both times
>>
File: Fargo s02e09 matriachy a shit.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fargo s02e09 matriachy a shit.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>63457089

Yeah he runs away when shit starts getting real.

also felt bad for floyd, though technically he did warn her. Kind of liked how unceremonious it was, no speeches or anything, just a stab and a twist in the gut. Very cold.
>>
>>63457135

I like how they're not even going to try to explain why Hanzee did it. That's a great touch, especially because he has a large amount of reasons as to why he would betray them.
>>
What are your predictions for the finale?

>Hanzee finally catches and corners the Blumquists
>"Haircut please... tired of this life"
>>
>>63457179
He betrayed them so that he could get to the Blumquists easier.
>>
>>63457135
ICE WATER N THIS NIGGA VEINS
>>
>>63457216

But they were going to kill the Blumquists, too.
>>
>>63457179
Well the future based voice over (by Martin Freeman) even said as much

No one knows exactly why Hanzee flipped. His beef was with Dodd it seemed. The rest of the family actually treated him with respect.
>>
>>63457135
>that expression and slighty watery eyes
this guy is a great actor
>>
>>63457345

>drinking out of the hose
>>
>>63456193
>>63456748
Like it has been said numerous times, the events are clearly exaggerated. I'm guessing the bloodstain was a stylistic choice
>>
>>63456193
strangled with barbed wire
>>
>>63449065
>switches over
>>
FARGO WENT TOO FAR
>>
File: hp1M6NQ.gif (385 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
hp1M6NQ.gif
385 KB, 500x375
Can "it's just a flying saucer, Ed" or "Ok, then" become memes
>>
>>63457318
Hanzee had a chance to take them all out. Two birds with the one stone.
>>
>>63449735
Yea
>>
>>63457594

Okay then was popular since the first episode, but way to fuck it all up
>>
>>63457400

That was the good hose. That was for company.
>>
>>63457683
No..
Hanzee doesn't seem like the type who cares for that shit. He just want things DONE in a the best way possible. Rape doesn't benefit him in the search for Peggy.

She had already taken off her clothes anyway when he arrived, she was in a bathrobe.
>>
>>63457696
An unexamined meme is not worth memeing
>>
>>63450508
Faggot
>>
>>63457761
Dude rape lmfao
>>
>>63457829
nah
he didn't even rob the store guy this episode
quick kill, fix the wound, DONE

car doesn't count because he didn't actually take anything from the store.
>>
>>63454380
What was the significance of the freezeframes? did the second dude accidentally the alium's ship and that's why they decided to come down and see what all the ruckus was about?
>>
>>63446295
Why are people pulling out of their ass that Floyd and Bear treated him like family. They were only ever socializing with him to get info out of him. Seems like Hanzee's an indentured servant who probably got disciplined and abused by Otto. I mean, where else could Dodd pick up language like his from anyone but Otto?
>>
>>63446295
Last week anon bet that in some ridiculous way they would rope Ed into still going through with the deal with Mike, anon was right.
>>
>>63457238
NOBODY BETTER HAVE SPAT IN IT!!!!
>>
>>63457893
>What was the significance of the freezeframes?
I think Hawley just went full on "fuck my shit up" mode and decided to nosedive this thing on every level. Reminded me of the retarded shit at the end of Sunshine. Another "absolute mad man" sensibility ending to something that was previously great.
>>
>>63457893

Style, plus it meshed with the narration, don't overthink it.
>>
>>63454360
Martin Freeman was the narrator?
>>
>>63448879
e.g. Taking on a whole mob by himself
>>
>>63452201
Cast of characters needs perspectives to match the amount of said characters.
>>
File: lester nygrrd.png (27 KB, 549x161) Image search: [Google]
lester nygrrd.png
27 KB, 549x161
>>63458287
>>
>>63449152
I fucking love this idea
>>
>>63448777
It was a literal pissing contest.
>>
>>63458287
He was talking in his natural English accent.
>>
>>63457135
Floyd was the best character
>>
Anybody else getting annoyed at the unsolved hangman in the phonebooth which spells out "SIOUX FALLS", I feel like theyre going to get old Lou to revisit the phonebooth in some snow and notice the hangman.
>>
>>63454380
I mean it is silly that everyone is funneling through the doorway. That's kinda a no no. Other than that I think Fargo does a pretty good job with firearms. Disclaimer I am not as autistic as some of the guys from /k/ so I was able to just enjoy the show.
>>
Anyone know that cool techno music used throughout the last episode, especially during the stabbing
>>
>>63449728
In that episode, radio and tv reports built up that a massive storm was coming. Fish falling from the sky can happen in those circumstances its just massively rare.
See here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1254812/Hundreds-fish-fall-sky-remote-Australian-town-Lajamanu.html
>>
>>63449966
>>63450175
>>63450268
Are you guys retarded? What makes you think this isn't just some fuck going online and finding the scene with lorne talking to deaf guy and pausing it? instead nope you jump to the conclusion that in the next episode Lorne will be in it cause a 54 minute preview showed a reminder of lorne at 20 min in cause thats so fucking smart.
>>
>>63453477
Do it.
>>
>>63457190
>Lou shoots Hanzee
>"Take that, you nazi rat"
>>
it's just a flying saucer, ed
>>
>>63460036
I'm actually expecting something like that to totally happen. That scene where Peggy watches the show feels too much like foreshadowing.

However instead of Lou, Reagan saves the day and "take that you redshitskin"
>>
>>63458287
>yfw this season ends with Lester reading the book in 2010
>>
File: george6.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
george6.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
>>63460221
>>
anyone have a link to the preview?
>>
I fucking loved the ayy lmaos

Best part of the episode was the "Okay then" by Mike Milligan
>>
Consider this:
Aliens are good?
>>
Alright familios, here's my AYY LMAO theory:
>Mike describes himself as "the future"
>In the gas station, next to the "We are not alone" bumper sticker, there is another that says "The future is here"
>Just as aliens are seen as invaders from another world, Mike himself is an invader from Kansas City
>Mike shows up almost at the same time as the aliens

I think that Ed, Peggy and Hanzee are done for. Mike will make a clean getaway, and Lou will be the only surviving witness of the AYYs. Nobody will believe his story about the aliens, and people will attribute the "distraction" that led to him killing bear as Mike showing up, with the bright lights being his headlights. It is fitting that he will be mistaken as the aliens, since the aliens have thematically represented him all season.
>>
>>63460446
yes
>>
>>63460622
(Also, in the end, nobody believes Lou but Hank, and then Hank takes Betsy's dead body and the aliens abduct them both (since the aliens always appear in threes))
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.